ardent

Teach me everything you know

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
03-26-2013, 08:39 PM

Time had past since the pack meeting and ranks where sorted. Collision had given her the rank of Healer. She was pleased with this but still didn't know enough to actually be of benefit to the pack. She knew how to keep her own wounds clean and others, but as far as more advanced issues she was lost. She knew she would need some guidance, and she knew just the wolf.

It was another spring day, the weather was warming, the land growing green, plants sprouting up. She had been up early this morning, intending on finding the Healer, but so far she had little luck. She had settled down in the heart of the territory, soft grass tickling her paws. An ivory tail curled around her body as she sat. And for a moment the dame just sat, listening to the calming sounds around her, taking in the sights of her home. She had begun to settle in better than before.

Skull lifted into the air, pearly maw parted, releasing of a soft melody, requesting Erani's presence. Not rushing the dame at all should she be busy. Cutting the song to an end, she dropped her head back down and began to wait, allowing her thoughts to drift away from her.
"speech" thought

Erani

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
03-26-2013, 09:09 PM
Erani?s head lifted, and she blinked dreamily. What a nap she?d been having. What a- Someone was calling. Ah, Rayne. As Erani recalled, now that the gauzy mistiness of sleep fell away from her mind, Rayne had been made a Healer. Was someone ill? She lifted to her paws, feeling unusually heavy. Slow, and completely easy. She yawned, then padded slowly from her and Nova?s cave. What could Rayne want? The note of her call wasn?t anxious, or urgent.

Erani?s curiosity rose, and she padded a little faster. After a while, she came upon the white female, and halted, head tilted. ?Rayne? What did you need??

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
03-26-2013, 09:18 PM

It didn't seem as though she had to wait long before the ivory dame made her appearance. She looked almost as though she had just woken from a nap. Guilt briefly flashed in Rayne at the thought of waking her. But her question interrupted her worry. "Well as you may know, Collision made me a healer. I know a thing or two, but not enough to actually benefit the pack. I was wondering if you could perhaps teach me?" she looked hopefully at the fae, wanting so desperately to become a useful part of the pack rather than just taking up space. While she waited, her weight shifted back and forth on her paws anxiously, wide eyes gazing at Erani.

"speech" thought

Erani

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
03-26-2013, 09:27 PM
Erani saw the flash of guilt light in Rayne?s eyes and tilted her head. ?Don?t worry about waking me. I?m supposed to be gathering anyways.? Her eyes squinted as she gave a soft, panting laugh. Then she tilted her ears forward, nodding as Rayne spoke.

As the female finished, and waited anxiously, Erani smiled. ?Yes, I was aware. We could use all the healers we can get. Welcome to the ranks. And of course I?ll teach you. Just come by my den any time. I?ve marked it heavily, as has Nova, so by scent, it?s not hard to miss.? She chuckled, tail wagging lightly.

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
03-27-2013, 10:56 AM

Shoulders relaxed as Erani soothed her worry. She listened closely, audits forward, soaking up every word. A grin split her face, wagged softly behind her, thumping the ground. "Thank you so much." It was all she could do to keep from jumping around with joy like a pup. She would have to find Erani's den before anything, having no idea where the fae resided. She made it sound easy enough to find though. "When shall we start?" her lyrics fell eagerly from her ivory maw.
"speech" thought

Erani

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
03-27-2013, 10:20 PM
Erani smiled as the new healer?s anxiety turned to excitement. Her smile grew as the female thanked her. When could she begin teaching her? Hmm. She looked up at the sky. ?I believe tomorrow would be a good day to begin.? She smiled, giving her tail a light wag. ?But you could help me gather herbs today. I?ll tell you what they are and their uses as we go.?

She rose and turned, padding off, her tail waving in a gesture of welcome.

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
03-29-2013, 10:20 PM

She listened to every word spoken. Tomorrow. She gave a quite nod of acknowledgment. She was happy to actually become useful in the pack. So much had passed since she had actually done something to help out in her pack. Audits shot forward once more, a smile accepting the offer to gather herbs with the Healer. She rose to her paws, trotting a few steps to catch up to walk beside Erani. She had no idea where to find any herbs in this new territory. She had probably walked back plenty, but never noticed. I need to pay attention more. She mused quietly to herself, waiting for Erani to point something out.
"speech" thought

Erani

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
03-30-2013, 06:07 PM
Erani glanced over her shoulder, giving a smile as she saw that Rayne was following. She turned her eyes forward, and spotted a stand of Yarrow. ?This is Yarrow. It is well known for being good on cuts and wounds, as well as burns and ulcer. It helps clear infections, stops diarrhea and dysentery, eases fever, piques the appetite, and a great deal more things. Very useful.? Erani bent and nipped off a few stalks, three inches above the base to promote re-growth.

She padded on and paused at a Burdock stand. ?Burdock is also a fine remedy for burns, wounds, fevers, arthritis, colds, sore throats. It?s also a well known Abscess cure, prolapse treatment, and strengthener for whelping.?

She gathered a few of the large leaves and went on down a path, pointing out certain others, naming their uses. After a while, both females would be too laden for much speech. Erani altered her path and made toward the den, feeling rather tired. Unusual for her. Normally, she could go out for hours upon hours, coming back with more that what she had now, rather like our world?s Labrador Retrievers when they take more than you?d think their mouths could hold.

She slid under the enclosed Ravine that led to her and Nova?s den cave and gestured with her tail for Rayne to follow as she broke into a slow trot. At length, they passed through the open area that was still as sheltered as the rest of the ravine, with the overhanging walls nearly meeting overhead at the tops. The whole ravine was lit with soft green light. Erani climbed the natural stairs into the cave and deposited her load into the unsorted pile. She?d sort them later.

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
03-30-2013, 10:41 PM

Yarrow. Burdock. She committed each herb to memory. It didn't take long for her jaws to be so full of herbs that she was unable to speak only listen, not that Erani could talk anymore than she could. There was so much for her to remember, she repeated to herself the name of each herb and its uses as it was collected. It didn't take long for the Healer to lead the dame in a different direction, down into a ravine that soon led to her head. Remembering the area as she would need to get back here tomorrow, she followed her inside and up the odd staircase before dropping the grip of herbs beside the pile Erani had dropped. Licking her muzzle she regained some of the moisture in her mouth before turning a soft gaze to the ivory dame beside her. "Thank you so much, I'll try to remember it all." she spoke with a soft laugh, shaking her head to herself. Eyes briefly drifted around the natural den, all the herbs that lined it, filling that air with their scents. "Tomorrow then?" she asked while still examining the Healers collection of various herbs.
"speech" thought

Erani

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
03-30-2013, 11:05 PM
Erani smiled as Rayne entered and deposited her load. As the other female spoke, she nodded, chuckling. ?When I was small, I invented a game. Every time I went out, either to gather or just to have fun, I would point out every herb and plant I saw to myself, name as many uses as I could remember for that herb or plant. If my mother was with me on any of those trips, I would test my knowledge and she would correct me where I was wrong, until I could get them all right. I haven?t ever stopped playing that game.?

She stretched and glanced toward the sleeping alcove she and Nova shared. He was out at the moment, hunting, she supposed. A smile pulled at her muzzle. Then she turned her eyes back to Rayne as the female spoke. ?Yes. Tomorrow it is. Hopefully the weather will be good.? Her eyes rose to the den ceiling. It had been a very stormy few days. This break in the storm wasn?t going to last long; she could feel another wave rolling in.

?If Nova brings home a deer, you?re welcome to stay and eat. He?s been hunting a great deal lately. It?s as if he?s trying to feed me up? She grinned widely.

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
03-31-2013, 08:12 PM

She would have to try out the game and see if it worked for her. She had always struggled a bit with memorization but perhaps it was worth a shot. "I'll have to try that." Tomorrow was confirmed, and the hope for good weather swelled in the dame. She was excited and wanted to make a good day of things, without being soaked to the bone by rain. Audits flicked forward at the offer to stay and eat. Nova. The name sounded familiar but she couldn't place a face to the name. With an easy grin, she nodded, "I would love to." it was uncommon for her to share meals with others. She had spent so much time by herself, no mate or family. The thought stung a bit. She tried to brush it away, pack it away to the back of her mind. "Nova is your mate?" she asked to clarify, it'd be embarrassing to find out after he made his appearance.

"speech" thought

Erani

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
04-01-2013, 01:03 AM
Erani smiled at Rayne?s words and began sorting the herbs they?d brought in. ?Wonderful. He always brings home good kills. You?ll eat well tonight.? Erani smiled and went to the back Alcove and went in, reappearing carrying a stripped skeleton held together only by ligaments that had dried before they could be eaten. At Rayne?s tentative question, she smiled and set the skeleton down. ?Yes. You met him. He?s the great black male with scars on his muzzle and face. Practically everywhere else, too.? And the deepest golden eyes she?d ever seen. And a voice that could take the strength from her legs. His accent was something of the deepest attraction for her. Lazy Russian, sensual and mixed with his deep caress of a rumble, it was no wonder Aislyn had tried for him that day.

She picked up the carcass and carried it out to the open area out in the ravine. Nova would take it out when he came back and get it well away from the den. Predators apart from the wolves of Valhalla were scarce, but precautions were always a great idea. A faint stirring in her middle made her pause. It was only a flicker, there and gone again. She blinked, then shook her head. Perhaps her belly needed to eat. She dropped the bones and selected a leg bone. She gnawed on it enough to mark it with her teeth. It would tell Nova to keep that bone at the den. She had a use for it.

She turned and padded back into the den and settled back to sorting. ?So Rayne, do you like your new rank??

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
04-01-2013, 03:12 PM

Rayne smiled, Erani's kindess warming her heart. She appreciated the offer to stay to eat. A brief nod as she remembered her brief encounter with Erani and Nova awhile back. The massive black brute. Blue and gray eyes followed Erani and she walked back and forth through the den, tossing out an old carcass, organizing her herbs. "Need any help?" skull tilted to the side in question. It appeared as though the Healer was always busy doing something. Upon her return from dumbing the bones of some animal, a question left her jaws, drawing Rayne's attention. "I haven't had a lot to do since I received my rank, but so far I like it. I think once I know more and actively working, I'll enjoy it a lot more." The dame preferred to stay busy, it gave her something to focus on.
"speech" thought

Nova

gems
size
build
player
04-01-2013, 11:19 PM
He licked his jowls and shook, slinging worked up saliva and fresh spilled blood from his mouth. It was a good day, waking up from a good dream to a great morning, lazing about and so on. Aside from deciding it was time to get Erani and himself fresh meat he had nothing else very exciting happen to him. Though he liked it as such, it was a good life. His eyes watched the heaving monstrosity of a cervine took its final breaths of life and finally stopped gushing it's life's blood from the gnarly rip in its jugular. Nova lowered his massive frame and with a nearly unnatural strength heaved the beast up with a vice-like grip and began dragging .

A few trains of thought here and there kept his mind off the work of dragging dinner back to the den, only to be derailed by too swift of a movement, or too sharp of a sound. Either from the distance, or from the weight of his kill being dragged across a stick wrong, he will never be at ease when he's alone... No matter where he was.

Finally he knew the land enough to tell he was very close to home, rounding a boulder, nearly a thousand times his size he saw it, his home. His large ebony ears pricked at the sound of voices, two female, one he knew and one he vaguely recalled. With a heavy puff through his nose he went on, and with all of his strength heaved the carcass completely off the ground. Then with huge bounds he strode up the step and into their conversation.

A meaty muted thud pounded a single time against the floor and resonated against the wall of the largest sanctum of the den. He smiled, a good smile, one he'd come to create since his time with the new pack and his mate. "Gooood afternoon," He rolled to them, his mood practically beaming. "Ladies." He recognized the other voice now, and quite clearly remembered meeting her. "Good to see you again, Rayne." He acknowledged to the pretty pristine female, as he met his mate with a loving bump on her head with his own. "And you too, Era." He turned and gave Rayne a grin. "Another student I see." he mused aloud, but also directed to her. "Glad to see so many wolves using their skills to do something better than spill blood everywhere." He spoke sincerely, but still awkwardly, with such a big sentence. He lay by his favorite spot, not wanting to stain it with blood and looked at the cadaver. "Ladies first." He chuckled at them, giving a happy glance at Erani's backside... Or was it her backside at all?

Erani

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
04-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Erani?s head turned, and her tail fanned the air as she heard the sounds of Nova returning from a successful hunt. Shortly, he entered, carrying a large deer. She waited until he?d set it at the back before she pranced forward, tail waving happily, and pressed herself into his side and chest, giving his shoulder an affectionate lick. His voice did it?s usual effect of sending a delightful shiver through her body as he greeted her and Rayne. ?You too, Love.? She stepped back and returned the soft bump of his head to hers, and added her own touch of giving his muzzle a lick before he turned away to address Rayne.

Erani nodded at his remark. ?Rayne was appointed as a healer at that last gathering, but she needs teaching on the more advanced levels.? She smiled as he made his way to his favorite spot, chuckling as he lay beside it instead of in it. ?You forgot to stop at the pool again.? The teasing twinkle in her eyes assured her good mood. She grinned, and looked to Rayne. ?Guests first.? She stood aside, and waited until Rayne had broken the hide and taken her first bites, before she moved in beside the smaller white female and began her own meal.

?I?m glad you?ve found something that you like as your task in the pack. You?ll make a fine addition to the healers? ranks.? Her voice was sincere, as were her eyes.

Rayne

gems
size
build
player
04-04-2013, 09:19 PM

The sounds of paws hitting the cave floor announced Nova's presence, along with the dragging sound that turned out to be a hear. She smiled, offering a polite "It's nice to see you too." nodding briefly to the brute. She couldn't help but nod her head in agreement, many wolves were warriors, and only spilled blood of others. But now she was part of the wolves who fixed the wounded. Watching the two, it was clear that they were crazy about each other, there was no doubt. Gaze shifted as Erani spoke to her again, her words bring a smile to her face, "I'm glad you think so." she offered her reply just before settling into eat, fangs ripping into the fresh meat of the fallen deer. Blood soon stained her ivory muzzle after a few bites. It was long after that she felt Erani settle down beside her to eat her own share of the meal. Once her belly was full, she stepped away, wiping away the blood from her pelt until she was once more spotless. Gaze shifted to the couple before her, before drifting to the cave entrance. She had lost track of time, but surely it was getting late by now? Rising to her paws, she felt heavy with a full belly, it was nice, maybe she would sleep well tonight. "I think I'll be on my way before it gets too late." she hated to dine and dash but it sounded as though she had a big day with Erani tomorrow learning and she didn't want to intrude on the couple. "Thank you for the meal, and your help today. And I'll be back tomorrow." blue and gray eyes shifted between the two, first Nova, then Erani, a smile gracing her face before she turned to go.

"speech" thought

-exit rayne-

Nova

gems
size
build
player
04-14-2013, 12:37 AM
Nova

He watched the young alabaster female stroll away after eating, and then looked to Erani, who was still helping herself, and her package. A bigger than already worn smile, cracked his jowls apart and he huffed through his nose. "I'm thinking one day she might even take over your position." He jested to her a bright grin on his eyes, mimicing the one on his muzzle. "But we'll see, I have a feeling you'll be teaching more than you can handle soon enough." He continued, and gestured to a spot next to his favorite, where he would hope she'd come and nap with him. It was good to see faces he met again, it was turning out to be a good season. -Exit-

Erani

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
04-14-2013, 01:52 AM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2013, 01:53 AM by Erani.)
Erani

Erani nodded as Rayne left, then smiled at Nova?s comment. Oh no, that?ll be Preston. You?ve seen how eager he is with herbs and healing.? His next remark brought a laugh to her muzzle. She came over to where he lay and settled beside him. ?I have that feeling too. Valhalla is almost like having a gigantic litter of my very own, and so many to teach. I wonder if Soleil?s daughter will be another healer.? She yawned as the full meal began to set in, drowsiness overtaking her.

?Oh my sweet Nova, how I love you so.? Her nose burrowed it?s way into his thick black fur, where she would breathe his scent with every breath, and she drifted away to the sweeter lands of the Dream Realm.

-Exit via Dreamworld-