Jupiter I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
03-09-2013, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013, 02:42 PM by Jupiter I.)

jupiter illidais

the pain that plagued her body was immeasurable. if she had thought that she had been sore as she set paw upon the battlefield and challenged pepper for the land of ludicael, she had been thoroughly and sorely (literally) mistaken. she limped heavily even though it was only her front legs that were minutely afflicted, for her ribs and chest screamed so terribly with pain that she wasn't quite sure how she had made it back onto the grounds that were no hers. she finally reached the outer right side of the territory that was sectioned off by the two sub-rivers of the land splitting from the main one that flowed into her home. she spied a large, felled log and decided that this would be her perch. this would be the stage in which she performed to welcome the first members of ludicael. that was, if they came.

if it weren't for the root-side end that tapered slightly to the ground she would have never made it up onto the entity. she settled gratefully down, a massive sigh of intense relief escaping from her maw as she gave her aching limbs and sides the rest they deserved. the fire-pelted creature allowed for her eyes closed, ears pressed forth as they captured the sound of mercury scrambling slowly up the path she had taken. a rumble of fondness, born in the depths of her sore chest, trickled from her maw as the tasmanian devil companion snuggled gently into her fur. she moved her left leg past him to draw him in and nestle him in the fur of her chest. he took care to avoid the wounds there, but nevertheless settled in between the front appendages of his friend.

"how's the nose?" she asked, chuckling slightly, though the motion stopped as the pain set in. she tilted her head to the side so her violet optics could examine the wound inflicted by her opponent when mercury had been protecting her.

"decent," he replied cheekily, "because unlike you i've always been able to take care of myself."

"oh," she countered, smiling, "which is why you would have totally survived even if i had left you by the rio grande in flood season as a hardly-weaned cub."

to this the grumpy creature answered audibly not, and only mumbled something insulting unintelligibly under his breath. jupiter filled her mind with thoughts, taking slow, deep breaths as she contemplated the way she would go about this, even though the rising and falling of her chest hurt her. who should she be to these wolves? jupiter or iterjup? she went by one name to others, but under it were two very different wolves. personalities, she corrected herself, not wolves. she's still me. still my creation.

it was here that jupiter decided to mix the two and selectively pick which traits she would omit. she would subtract the irritating ditsy portions of iterjup while keeping those that attracted others, but adding in the cool demeanor of what lie beneath. yes. this should work, she thought. she glanced down at her beloved friend, smiling despite the bruising that also nearly-visibly plagued her muzzle. then, she lifted her head, and howled, summoning those that may be nearby, and hopefully, pack-less.

? 542 words ?

[ o o c ; ]
don't worry about mirroring; most of this post was rambling anyway, sorry. :c

prone to violent reaction. ic actions have ic consequences and she lives and breathes it.

public enemy #1

crawl. crawl more. drag your hands and knees across the destruction left in my wake to the ends of the earth. there's a green light of a shining star in my sky and there will not be an obstacle i will not overcome until i cup that star in my palms. the void in my will has been filled with purpose. so crawl. crawl more, love.
because i like it when you're on your knees.

Aztec

gems
size
build
player
03-09-2013, 12:42 PM
ooc:: This okay, I am used to it. X3. Also, dat table... I want one like that. -salutes-
---
Quote:
a splash sounded in the small creek and a dame rushed across the plains. giving chase to a elk, the female charged forward to face the creature and laughed out to it, come on my friend, adventures await!. again, the female bounded off and waited for her prey to follow, which it had instead run off. she stifled a sigh and padded off towards the trees to rest. a scent wafted towards her, the scent of markers. but of who? in curiousity, she walked into the dim forest for several minutes, soon emerging into the light. after some time, another dame was seen lying down. the markers that had been noticed earlier must have been from this lone wolf. her frame was lithe and powerful, under a pelt of lovely oranges and creams. this dame, had to be an alpha, but where was the rest of the pack? this one pack could be a new pack also. without fear, she boldly strutted towards her. once she saw the creature aside her, she heard the voice. after she had stopped speaking, she spoke up. should you be an alpha of some pack, i humbly request to join, i will assist you in the leadership if i may have the beta rank, i prove myself to be a successful leader and hunter. please give me a chance, if i am to be demoted, i shall not argue against you ma'am.

Cetotorah

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
03-09-2013, 12:54 PM
Lentajin was starting to become a place Cetotorah feared. He feared not for himself, but for his younger friend in which he'd sworn to protect because she was his best friend. Both yearlings had lost their mothers and the boy hadn't caught wind of his father at all. He'd come to the conclusion that both were dead. Sade and Taiga were gone as well leaving him alone. Finding the young gal had been a stroke of luck on their parts. She was parent-less as well so he had no problems sticking by her side. She was enough company for him.

It hadn't taken much to convince her to follow him. She'd simply asked him where he wanted to go and she followed him. After much consideration he came up with a list. Valhalla was much to large and crowded for his taste. he enjoyed the peace and quiet. Glaciem was too far north and much too cold for either of them at this point. The journey could kill them. Tortuga was a definite no. Though Lentajin was allies with them, or at least was, he wouldn't trust any of those wolves as far as he could throw them. That wasn't very far. Seracia was a pack he didn't know much about. It was an option he considered. He'd heard rumors about pups with his last name. He would check it out later. There was just one pack in which he knew almost absolutely nothing about. Ludicael. A pack he also didn't know much about but it was intriguing. It was small. Luana and him would investigate it. If they liked it then they would stay.

The sandy yearling and himself had traveled a good distance when a howl rang forth. He knew the sound. Rancor, Sade, and Zara had all given similar howls. It was the sound of an Alpha.

"Come on Luana lets go! We don't need to be late!"

He took only a moment to glance back at his friend before picking his pace up to a run as he raced for the pack meeting. He only slowed before they came to sight. By the time he could see them his pace was a slow trot.

Crimson eyes studied the two creatures before him as he slowed to a stop in front of a battered up female. He knew immediately that she was the Alpha. He'd heard of the fights in the battlefield and just by the way she presented herself he knew that out of the two wolves there that she was it.

The boy offered a soft bow of his head his eyes never leaving her face. He ignored the other female for the time being and flicked his tail for Luana to come stand by him if she wasn't there already.

"My name is Cetotorah. My friend, Luana, and I hail from Lentajin. We wish to join your pack and I wish to prove myself to you."

He wasn't a fool. He'd picked up a lot of good traits from both Talutah and Lentajin when he'd been in both packs. He was the type of wolf to prove himself. He'd take whatever rank he earned. He wouldn't demand one or ask for one simply because he did not think that highly of himself. Things couldn't be dished out to you. You had to earn it by fighting for it. He was noble enough and smart enough to realize that even though he was a few months past a year. He would turn two in the fall, but he already acted much older. He felt obligated to simply because he had to fend for himself and keep tabs on his best friend.

Eyes flickered to Luana wondering how she'd introduce and carry herself. Would she make a good impression?

[Word Count: 637
Muse: Great!
ooc: Challenge accepted! I met your word count anyways xD]

Luana

gems
size
build
player
03-09-2013, 01:18 PM
Luana had not met the new reigning alpha of Lentajin, but the rumors that had swept through the land had been enough to make her shiver and Ceto was worried. He didn't show it, but she could see the worry reflected in those crimson oculars, and that alone had been enough to convince her that Lentajin was no longer safe. She had no mama and her father she had never met, but from the way her mother described him, she never wanted too. Cetotorah was her family. He was her best friend and she adored him. She was content wherever he wandered. He had promised her they would be together forever and she would hold him to his word.

She knew nothing of the packs on this land, her mother had been a loner, a rogue, and she had grown up without the crowds of wolves. She was unaccustomed to the pack life and despite her young age, had already been taught a great many things. She could hunt both on land and in the water, she could swim, she could track, and she was an excellent hide and seek finder! That had always been her favorite game. She trusted Cetotorah with her life and when he choose a pack, a place for them to go, she licked his cheek, barked excitedly and trotted along beside him.

It wasn't too long of a journey and she filled the air between them with chatter, Ceto chiming in occasionally. A howl cracked through the air causing her audits to swivel forward. She didn't recognize the call, but her companion did and he called back to her as he took off.

"Is that the call of our new Alpha?" Luana quickly matched paces with them, her paws carrying her as fast as they could. She slowed along with Ceto as they approached the territory now open for claiming and came to a halt beside him. There was only one other wolf here besides her and her best friend and the alpha of course! She had a pretty coat, Luana like red... but that might be because it was the color of Ceto's eyes and she loved her best friend.

Luana trotted forward, keeping her shoulder brushing against Ceto's, she was nervous, she had messed up her last pack introduction. This time she stayed silent. Ceto introduced her and her tail swung behind her nervously, but she swallowed, she needed to speak.

"Its a pleasure to meet you Miss! I'm not from a pack but my mama taught me how to hunt and I can swim!" She smiled brightly, tail swinging behind her with confidence as Ceto's presence gave her strength. Ranks did not mean much to her, if she was given one she would be happy, because Ceto would be proud of her and if she wasn't she would be fine too. "Give me a chance to prove myself and I promise you won't regret it." She had just turned one, that innocent gleam in the depths of her eyes still hadn't faded, she was excited to be here and it showed, she only hoped the woman would give her a chance.

Her gaze flickered over to Ceto. Had she done well enough?

Jupiter I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
03-09-2013, 03:21 PM

jupiter illidais

they will come, she had thought. and come they had.

the first was heard from afar, revealing her presence in the distance with a jubilant cry unintelligible from jupiter's distance. she was ready for her appearance, ears pushing forward as far as they could go as she prepared herself for the first creature that could be the first potential member of ludicael--besides herself, of course.

the being that entered her path of site was one of tawny and sandy hues, pelt a swathe of honeys and creams that, with a bit of fiery saturation, would be similar in color to jupiter's own fur. celestial eyes locked onto the lass, gaze unwavering and solid. her ears drank in the lyrics of the other, and a good-natured smile broke across her face. nothing betrayed her inner thoughts, but within, jupiter ridiculed the creature. the sol appreciated the boldness of the other, but it took more than that to qualify for such an important position. if the new leader were to die tomorrow, would this wolf lead well? that right there was the problem with this individual's request--she had no way to be certain or even begin to fathom the consequences of choosing a second-in-command so soon.

"i appreciate your spunk," she said light-heartedly, a rumble of laughter painfully rolling through her chest, but she endured it without even a wince. "but i know not even your name. indeed this is a new pack, but a pack i shall build on solid foundations. in time, my dear, you may just earn that position. stay a while, and give me time to think." her tail wagged slightly as she looked affably down upon her quarry, inner thoughts solidly locked in. the lupine's courage helped curb the edge on her musings so they weren't so harsh, but before she could ponder over it any further, let alone speak, two new creatures made their appearance, close to each others' sides as if they had never been without one another.

just what we need, she commented, oddly pleased by this relationship. close bonds early on. she lifted her head as they presented themselves, eyes soft and features gentle, attention on the both of them as they gave introductions. she took specific note of their displays of respect, using the proper amount of respect and boldness. what a pair they made. and so young!

"a pleasure, cetotorah, luana. i am jupiter. it is a pleasure to meet you." she switched her gazes between both of them, back and forth, and then widened her smile. "you both shall have plenty of time to prove yourselves, if you stay a little while." not forgetting her other company, she turned her path of sight to rest on the first arrival. "and you as well. your name?"

? 465 words ?

[ o o c ; ]
thank you guys so much for replying! c:

prone to violent reaction. ic actions have ic consequences and she lives and breathes it.

public enemy #1

crawl. crawl more. drag your hands and knees across the destruction left in my wake to the ends of the earth. there's a green light of a shining star in my sky and there will not be an obstacle i will not overcome until i cup that star in my palms. the void in my will has been filled with purpose. so crawl. crawl more, love.

Aria I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
03-09-2013, 03:43 PM
She had been in these new lands for a bit now, exploring here and there, getting a feel of how things went. With each passing minute, hour, day, week, month, she still found no signs of her brother Halis. The she-wolf stood there staring off into the distance, thoughts flooding her mind all at once. One stod out from the rest though... 'Perhaps he is dead.' She quickly shook her head with a growl, lowering it and putting her paws over her ears. That could't be, yeah he was treated bad when they were together but he was strong, he surely survived on his own. Slowly she lifted her head, opening eyelids to reveal those green eyes of hers. 'He's out there somewhere, I will find him' She told herself before moving on.

Aria had found herself in new lands now, different from the rest and no scent markings to identify it as claimed packlands. Green eyes scanned the area, barely touched by any wolves. Interesting. She moved further into the land, coming to a stop when she heard a howl echo between some trees and reach her ears. She lifted her head high and took in a deep breath, it sounded like somebody was calling for others. With a smirk she wiggled her butt and bounded forward, finally something to do other than walk around with nobody to keep her company.

In no time the she-wolf came upon the location the howl had come from, slowing into a walk with her nose twitching at the scent of four wolves. A meeting? Was this the formation of a pack? Slowly she came to a stop thinking about this, should she try the life of a new pack or continue with her loner ways. Her eyes narrowed as she thought about it, maybe she could make somehting of herself, become and important wolf who could help out her brothers and sisters. Yes, she would try for this.

With her head held high the she-wolf stepped forward to come upon the sight of a pup, male and female along with a beat up female. Probably the one who called since she held herself as an alpha and the others were facing her. She cleared her throat after they were done speaking, green and dull green eyes scanning over the group before bowing her head to the bet female. "I am Aria Corvi, and I would like to join your pack ma'am. I can do various duties for you, both a skilled hunter and fighter. She spoke loud and clear, slowly raising her head but continuing to speak. "I think I would be a good Beta or anything that is a high rank. I like to have things done correctly and in a good amount of time, also making sure others do their share of work.

Marvel

gems
size
build
player
03-10-2013, 12:26 PM

He had been wandering for quite some time, unwilling to settle in any particular place. A few of the packs had been examined heavily as possible candidates, but Marvel had found them all to be a little uptight and a bit too in-his-business for his taste. And so, the vanilla man pressed on, answering another howl that had been placed. So far he'd avoided unnecessary encounters with other wolves, but perhaps it was time to come out of the shadows and actually participate in this meeting. From the call he could tell it was a founding, a new alpha staking his - or in this case, her - claim on a land. Perhaps this would be the pack that wasn't so up-his-butt. Perhaps this would be his home. A casual answering howl dripped from his lips, merely letting the sounder know that he was on his way - even if he wasn't being particularly hasty in his approach. This pack wasn't exactly near where he was, and the howl had been faint at best, but he would go and see what all the fuss was about.

He arrived just as not one, but two wolves joined the fray and spoke of wanting to be a beta or a high ranked officer. Marvel snorted indignantly, brow raising in amusement. How foolish. Clearing his throat to further announce his presence, Marvel joined the gathering with a wave of his tail and an elegant stride. A congratulations is in order, it seems. Sterling eyes set on the she-wolf who had started it all, the one who had sounded the call. A declination of his head was given as he addressed she and she alone. Marvel, at your service ma'am. Eyes roved over her frame and concern fluttered in his eyes. The damsel had put up quite the fight in order to stake her claim on this place, and would need medical attention before this was said and done. I'm a fair healer if I do say so myself, and even if I'm denied a home here, I would be honored to tend to the wounds this claim has brought you. It was true, even if he didn't find his future here, Marvel would offer his services and perhaps even charm a lady at the same time.

Speech,

Aztec

gems
size
build
player
03-10-2013, 12:37 PM
ooc:: Nothin' shoo-shay, and this is one of those times when I think I'm going to have a shitty post then it's like, oh hey, a long post. -facedesk-
---
Quote:
a small smile spread across her lips, soon fading into a frown in realization of her stupidity. ah, i apologize for my short greeting and forth most introduction. my name is aztec zinlladios, offspring of cirina zinlladios and engi denllions, former member of Kabila ya Kulungu, the tribe of sun and moon. in our times, we celebrated the eight celestial planets, one of which looks very much like you, jupiter. perhaps this is your own name my beloved alpha. as i said before, i shall serve you till my death and fight until the end of the world for the pack. believe me so, i never break my vows. as her voice trailed off into short rambling, she shook her head and smiled once more, to prove my strength and will, i'll go on a quick hunt for you. soon after her speech, a small creature hopped by her, a hare of some sort. inhaling deeply, the fe me stalked off after it, making no sound.

---

the hare indeed was nimble. soon the dame found herself running in circles about it. at least she was out of the new alpha's sight. once it was within her reach, the female bunched up her muscles, springing forwards at the creature, who had too become tired. it was the end of its toil as aztec snapped it's leg off, deriving it of the blood. in pride, she carried the catch off to her alpha, to drop it at her paws and gain respect for herself and the pack. in the tribe, we always hunted for the alpha first then ourselves, when there was no caribou to prey upon later, she nudged the hare towards jupiter and spoke once more, while i remained in my tribe, a law was to hunt for wolves of higher tiers first, then for ourselves. might i suggest that single law to be of your pack? another questsion is, what is the pack going to be known as?

Jupiter I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
03-10-2013, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013, 07:32 PM by Jupiter I.)

jupiter illidais

all-too-soon did the next wolf enter. hope coursed through her veins and she straightened with anticipation, giving this creature the benefit of the doubt as she entered with the same stature as the first--head held high, stride laden and heavy with confidence. maybe this one won't be like the first, she ventured, ears straightening a little more as the femme gave a slight bow. jupiter sucked in the she-wolf's words eagerly, waiting for what would hopefully be a careful selection of lyrics, only to be thoroughly disappointed. she did not allow for her outward posture and demeanor to falter from the positioning she had set it in. the moment her words were heard, a hissing sort of non-lupine snicker left her vicinity, slipping from the ebony lips of the tasmanian devil between her front legs.

"they're not very subtle, are they?" he murmured under his breath, close enough to her and voice low enough to be heard only by jupiter. she gave a slight chuckle, drawing him a little closer to her, and cast a neutral eye upon the new arrival.

"a good hunter, you say? and a fighter?" she confirmed, an impressed tone convincingly lacing her words. within, her patience was faltering, cracking and crumbling under the ridiculous attitudes of these wolves. were the creatures that had come to this land inherently lacking tact? had they been hit on the head by debris when the volcano had erupted? "good," she replied, nodding, though her timbre had fallen to a flatter level, with only about half of the positive quality that it had held before. "you will be assigned as a lunav--a hunter--until further notice, and then i will test your abilities as a warrior. bear your rank with pride, for you offer strength to us in the form of nourishment."

to worsen her mood, the maiden arrival spoke up with a long introduction full of names jupiter had never heard of and held no meaning to her. she fixed a curious eye on the she-wolf as she ran off before the sol could reply, and sighed heavily.

it was only here that she noticed another wolf that had arrived, tipped off to his presence by the snort but missing the idea of its cause. she tilted her head slightly, puzzled by her own lack of observant demeanor. may it was her slight frustration that had dulled her wits. in the very brief span of silence after jupiter's words he stepped forward with a rumble of his throat to speak. this time she did not allow for her hopes to pique, and instead waited, countenance neutral and without expectancy.

she was pleasantly surprised at the respective tone that met her ears, caressing her mind and easing its stressed state with a gentle sweep of its timbre. a healer? she wondered, eyes widening just a tad, though it wasn't too terribly noticeable. a smile crossed her face and she answered with a positive note in her sounding.

"thank you, marvel. you will not be turned away by my paw. you are as welcome here as the rest of these wolves," she returned, a chuckle slipping from her lips with ironic connotations that only marvel would probably pick up on. "i would be charmed if you were to offer such a service. when the meeting is adjourned, i will allow for you to demonstrate your skill in the area of healing." she nodded to him, acknowledging and thanking him for his attitude. she was also relieved to have a potential member of a passive skill in the pack--already the present wolves were partially proving themselves to be a bundle of trouble, and they would need an aurora to aid the recovery of wounds they would undoubtedly receive.

aztec returned with a rabbit in her jaws, and jupiter gave the slightest of nods to her as the prey was set at the base of the log before her. "thank you. a good hunter you will make, aztec. i wish you luck as a lunav as well, as you have proved that you are capable in that skill." she paused to consider both the question and suggestion, though she was already aware of the latter answer. "this will be the pack of ludicael," she replied, allowing a bit of deserved pride to surface, tail wagging a little. "as for the suggestion, i appreciate the input, but i value not such a law. should we obtain any elders within the course of our existence, they shall be fed first. until then, we divide the prey equally and allow for no gluttony among us." she paused, and then examined those present. "share this rabbit among yourselves. i re-gift this prey as an offering to our new members. enjoy it." her tone was light and joyous, free of the earlier burdens it had held.

she once again surveyed those in attendance, deciding that she would wait a few more minutes before beginning a run of the laws she had settled upon for this blossoming affiliation. those that came afterward would be filled in, but probably without as much enthusiasm, though this depended on how the next series of events played out. she shifted her pained weight and took a deep breath, waiting.

? 875 words ?

[ o o c ; ]
well this turned out longer than intended. oh well. cx hope that it suits~ after the pack laws are gone over by jupiter, you guys can change your affiliations, but not until then (just as a note). c:

public enemy #1

Aztec

gems
size
build
player
03-10-2013, 07:54 PM
ooc:: Whooo! 400 Words!
---
Quote:

a rush of courage ran wildly through her mind as the sol granted her the rank of lunav, a hunter, as she was in the group from so long ago. quietly dipping her head, she strode off a ways, plopping herself down on a nearby log, her head held high and ear pricked. across the savanna plains, the sun's rays of light cast themselves upon the grasses, setting her fur afire, along with any other objects it had gripped. she knew that her time as a leader would come, it would. she closed her eyes, letting the mind of her history pulse.

a flash of light and then nothing. gazing about, she could see the celestial satellites circling the center, the sun. below her, where alacritia should be, was nothing. another flash emerged, blinding the dame, forcing her to lift her paws and block out the blight. when it had cleared away, a new body circled the star. the supernova had created it, but it had been barren for ages. her mind forced her to stare at the bleak body for ages. when it finally unlocked, every star had been emptied of their light, left as if they were just black bullet points on a canvas. another light raced by aztec, ruffling her fur. she couldn't move at all, and was frozen in time as the light took form of wolves, seven of them... they dove into the rock, transforming it into a paradise. plants began thriving in the streams of water and the high mountain tops. as alacritia took form, so did other creations of the celestial gods, wolves, deer, all sorts.

even herself, her mother lay in a den with her beloved mate. to the sire, she revealed one lone pup, aztec herself. upon sight of the tiny being, aztec took form of it, filling the creation with life. as time flashed by, she could see the seasons change, and herself. why had she been so blind to the death of the tribe?

as the images continued, she slightly snarled and shook her head clear. when done so, her claw snared into a crevesse in the log, retaining its purposeful grip. the dame narrowed her eyes in scrutiny and slowly twisted the paw and pulled, freeing the claw.

later, she

Cetotorah

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
03-10-2013, 08:11 PM
Cetotorah's eyes watched Luana as she made her introductions. For once his companion was calm and collected. He could still see the energy, but it was carefully contained. First impressions were a good thing and Luana had done a tremendous job at following his lead and being respectful. He gave her a satisfied look and a soft smile before dipping his head to their Alpha and backing away.

He wasn't sure of his own skills quite yet. He had a little bit of warrior training. Lentajin hadn't been too keen on training their males. Anything after that he'd taught himself. He knew nothing of herbs and he knew how to hunt. The female could place him where she wanted him although being a warrior wouldn't be a bad start.

His look turned into one of contempt. A disgusted look crossed his face as yet another female came up and practically grovelled at the Alpha's feet and suggested they would make a good Beta. It was disgusting. The gray and white brute leaned into Luana and whispered just loud enough for her ears and her ears only.

"I wonder how many more will beg for the Beta position. it's getting ridiculous."

A snort could be heard and his attention was turned to a male. Crimson eyes watched curiously as he approached the arkhos and spoke with respect and even offered to heal her.

"Finally somebody else with a little sense besides us two." he muttered quietly.

Rubies flitted to watch as the one who called herself Aztec came back with a rabbit and dropped it in front of Jupiter. He continued to watch as she accepted it then decided to share it with them. It was a tempting offer but he would decline it nonetheless. He could catch his own food. Besides, females were supposed to be fed first anyways. He would hunt later. Perhaps Luana would come with him.

It seemed as though the Alpha was done speaking for the moment. His eyes flickered back to the deer pelted wolf and watched her for a moment as she padded over to a log. Disinterested he looked away and watched the Alpha again from where he was sitting. He waited for her to speak again so that he and Luana could go find a den and then perhaps get something in their bellies.

Marvel

gems
size
build
player
03-10-2013, 08:17 PM

A woman came in after him. As appealing as her looks were, her mouth was not. Marvel's eyes rolled and another small snort escaped him before he could control it and force it elsewhere. Why did she find it necessary to use so many names and phrases that meant nothing? How arrogant this group was. Still, Marvel wasn't without his faults, and couldn't sit by and judge them for too long. He had other things on his mind anyway, like the alpha female. She was fantastically beautiful, uniquely so. She was a prize he could not afford to ignore. He would have her one day, the man was sure of it. The woman spoke up, her wording as beautiful as her face. Sterling eyes would set upon her as she voiced her opinion, something in her tone hinting that she felt very much like he did toward certain wolves who were present. She addressed him at last, mentioning that he would not be turned away. A smile flickered on his face, meant only for her. Her comment made him smirk, and a single sterling eye closed in a charming wink, hinting that he'd noted her meaning behind it. She did think like he did. She also stated that they would meet when the meeting adjourned so he could tend to her wounds. instantly, his mind raced to herbs or plants he might have seen that could help her. Healing was a difficult art, but it was one he loved. Most thought it interesting when he stated his claim to fame, but Marvel saw it only as who he was.

The name of the pack was given. Ludicael. A proper name, he thought. She spoke on, eloquently disregarding the law that had been proposed. This too might have made Marvel snort, but he managed to catch the breath of air before it escaped, merely raising a brow in response. It was ridiculous, really, how these fools were acting. Marvel was certain he was the smartest wolf here, save for perhaps Jupiter. The woman's rabbit was to be divided among them, but Marvel would take no part in it. Let the rest of them eat, he was capable enough for finding his own prey. Besides, herbs were the only things on his mind at the moment. He'd already chosen a powerful concoction that would hopefully speed the healing of his new Alpha female. The pearly man would wait until the meeting was over, and then assure his leader that he would return at once with the proper ingredients for her healing. He would prove himself, alright, and charm the lady at the same time. Two birds with one stone.

Speech,

Frino

gems
size
build
player
03-11-2013, 05:00 AM
The strong howl that rang out on the horizon summoned Frino from the place where he had lurked for the past few days. The areas had been claimed by packs, and though they were interesting enough they did not capture the wolf's attention. He was just taking a break, a breather before continuing on his way. Or he would have been, if a very feminine howl hadn't filled the air in that moment.

Frino lifted his head and his ears perked up sharply. It was a pretty sounding howl. Which meant the female attached to it had be pretty, right? And she was summoning wolves to her, probably the founding of a pack. Frino grinned at the thought, an unsettling look on the male as he stretched out smoothly, working out the kinks in his pack before he rose daintily to small paws and struck out towards the source of the howl.

It took him a good while to reach the pack's lands, and even longer then to reach the gathering of wolves, but when he did, the male stopped for a moment just out of eyesight, ears pricked in the direction of the gathering. A female's voice, pleasant on the ears, echoed in the air with the regality of an Alpha. She named the pack as Frino lurked, speaking of laws and names. But it was only the name that stuck with him. Ludicael. It was a pretty name. The laws Frino cared little for. If he broke them, he'd know. Otherwise, he just wanted to have a some fun with a pretty female. And maybe the handsome males too.

The thought brought a low rumble of pleasure echoing from his chest, something very close to a growl as Frino stepped daintily forward, padding into the gathering smoothly. "Greetings," Frino raised his voice slightly as he slipped forward, approaching the orange female directly, looking her up and down with the arch of a brow. Yum. "My name is Frino and I'd be interested in joining your . . . pack, if you would have me." Looking around, Frino was pleased with what he saw. The white male was attractive, as was the deer-like female. This seemed like a pack that Frino would come to like very quickly.

With a flick of his ears, Frino turned his attention back towards the female. "I can hunt or fight, or both, perhaps. Whatever you desire of me, I will do." Ohhh that had a double meaning on so many levels. Now, the question was, would she notice it? A smirk crossed the male's features as he curled his tail daintily, lowering himself into a slightly belated bow, a smooth display of respect for the female.

ooc: wow, sorry about the shoddiness of this. :c had a delay and I'd already been up for half an hour when I noticed it so I figured I'd post xD I promise my next post with frino will be better though <3

Luana

gems
size
build
player
03-11-2013, 05:49 PM
The dame watched in fascination as these wolves arrived, groveling at the Alpha's paws and doing everything within their power to earn a high rank! Begging, groveling, compliments, food? Did they really think such things would be impressive? Mama had always told her that respect and honor were things to be held in high regard. But such things needed to be earned, you could not buy people off with pretty trinkets and soft words... even she knew that! The alphaess addressed both her and Ceto... Jupiter, such an odd name. She smiled brightly at the woman, her tail an ever ceaseless blur behind her.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Jupiter! I am honored to be a part of your lands!" Luana spoke with perhaps a bit more excitement than she should have but she was excited. She still didn't understand this whole rank idea. A wolf was a wolf was it not? Did it truly matter what title they held if they were kind and willing to protect what they loved? Luana didn't think so. The femme before her could bestow upon her any title she so wished. Her only desire was to stay with Cetotorah, everything else was a bit of a blur. Ceto's voice upon her ear surprised her but as his world, she giggled softly turning her head to whisper back.

"I am waiting for one to start offering a blood sacrifice... like those wolves in Talutah!" She whispered into the shell of his ear scooting a touch closer to him. They weren't seasoned warriors like some of these wolves might have been, but the way they were behaving... she wondered if she and Ceto were the only ones that had any kind of self restraint. Even she had managed to reign in her never-ending energy.

The male healer was the only one not to plead or grovel, he stated his talents and fell silent. She had never met a healer before... perhaps she could speak with him later? He sounded interesting!

Aria I

Loner

gems
size
-
build
-
player
03-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Asking for beta or any rank was indeed foolish of the female ad she knew others would think she was an idiot but Aria did not care. She knew what she wanted and she would go for it, even f it was too much at first. She stood with her head held high, out of respect her tail would have been held low but because of its absence she couldn't really do that. So she stood there waiting for the alphess, Jupiter from what she caught, to give any information to her for the beginning pack.

Upon the arrival of a male she glanced over with green eyes, a smirk forming at his snort towards her request for a high rank. Oh well, she didn't care. The only thing she paid attention to was the female who had fought for what she was now doing. The only thing she caught from this male, Marvel, was letting her know he was a decent healer. It was good somebody mentioned that, a healer was important for any pack. And then the other female spoke who first asked for beta, then going on to ask to hunt with her then going after a rabbit and bringing it back. Aria rolled her eyes, blowing air through her nose.

Finally the alphess spoke, directed towards her. She asked if Aria was a good hunter and fighter, the she-wolf giving a nod of her head. In moments she was given a rank, Lunav, also know as a hunter for now until she is tested for her abilities as a warrior. She was fine with that, Aria would work her way up and prove herself to Jupiter. With a nod of her head the female dipped her head to Jupiter and stepped back while she addressed the other wolves. "Thank you Jupiter, I shall hold my rank with pride." She thanked the female for giving her a chance in this newly developing pack.

And now the pack, Ludicael. It was an interesting name, one that Aria liked as it was unique.

ooc: Sorry for crappiness, wanted to quick squeeze in before Star posted..

Jupiter I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
03-12-2013, 06:25 PM

jupiter illidais

as aztec ventured away from the focal point of the gathering, jupiter would only allow her eyes to linger for a moment before her attention was drawn elsewhere, not to return to the creature even when a very slight snarl was flicked from her direction. she had nothing to fear if mercury was not bristling, so whatever its cause, it was not directed toward the alpha.

her orbs lingered on the alabaster-pelted wolf that had claimed to be a healer for a little while, examining his posture and such. she opened her mouth, as if she were about to suggest something or speak, and then shook her head with a very quiet chuckle, sweeping her gaze onward. jupiter had been about to make some sort of witty joke, but had decided against it for the sake of time. as her attentions shifted, in came another creature, this one of ashen pelt and lighter stripes. he was utterly dwarfed by jupiter, especially at her elevated perch, and a curious smirk crossed her face. even the way the male moved seemed feminine. no matter what reality offered, jupiter decided that she would forever more exaggerate his movements in her own eyes and see him as a skipping girl.

"a hunter, for now, and at some point i will put your fighting skills under examination in the possibility that you could be a warrior," she responded, flashing him a grin as she caught a slight whim of his hidden meaning, eyes narrowing with what could either be humor or spite, though the first was more likely.

her optics wandered, she she spied the two close creatures from earlier, cetotorah and luana, and pondered over what she would do with them. luana had earlier replied to her introduction, and jupiter chose now to introduce herself. "a pleasure to have you. for being young, the both of your are well behaved. actually, you two, step up, loves," she mused in a friendly manner, ears pushing forward as she nodded to them. she paused, not bothering to wait for whether they complied or not, considering the thought that had just crossed her mind. "you have boasted no particular skill as of yet, which gives me cause for a rank i have not decided upon until now." another hesitation, a thoughtful expression crossing her countenance. "should you be interested in a particular rank, such as lunav or being warrior, known as iridia, be not afraid to speak up, but otherwise... i have it in mind to dub you both under the rank of orbita--supporters of sort. not jack of all trades, but rather in between the other ranks until you find your niche or calling. how does this sit with you?"

the lass offered a dip of her head as aria accepted the rank, genuinely relieved that she pressed the matter of a high rank further. jupiter would not begrudge her for her ambition, but would possibly try and teach her to be a little more subtle about it. it were good for the two wolves who had requested a high rank that the injured creature were not a being of extreme paranoia or suspicion. had she been of that state of mind, she would have undoubtedly immediately driven them away, with force if it would be required, fearing conspiracy against her rank. yes, she would definitely have to teach them both some sort of subtleties at a later date.

the orange-pelted dame took a deep breath, looking about once more. after their responses, she decided that she would begin the most boring part--the rules overview. even she dreaded it, but hopefully they all understood that it had to be done. if not, whatever-god-existed give her fortune and a replenished bank of patience.

? 626 words ?

[ o o c ; ]
definitely not my best post, i'm sorry, guys. anyway, as far as posting order goes; i will not insist on having one, but i will insist that you do not reply twice within the time between a jupiter post. i will also not respond until everyone already present has replied, and to give everyone a fair chance to reply but still keep things moving, i'll wait about a day or so after my last post to continue on without those who haven't responded. thank you. c:

public enemy #1

Luana

gems
size
build
player
03-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Luana drew strength from Ceto's form beside her, despite his usually quiet countenance and respectful manner of speaking, he was an amazing hunter and she imagined he could fight pretty well too if such a thing came down upon them. He radiated confidence here and while normally she had no problem with it, she was hesitant to say much here. She wasn't used to attending a meeting with numerous wolves, or one that would determine her stature for potentially the rest of her days, but Ceto seemed confident so she would be too!

Jupiter, addressed a few of the other wolves offering them ranks here and there. Luana listened intently, memorizing and nodding along with each of the odd terms that had spilled from Jupiter's maw. A lunav was a hunter Would she be made one of those too? She did like to fish and she was pretty good at it... at least that what her mama had told her. Slowly the dames gaze returned to the two of them and she addressed them both at the same time, a gentle, warm smile upon her maw. At the generous term of affection Luana quickly rose from her haunches, matching pace with Ceto as they stepped forward.

Orbita She rolled the word around in her brain, testing it, tasting it. She liked the idea, she had never really been a part of a pack before and it was probably wise to see her perform in all areas before a decision was made, plus she liked the term, it rolled off the tongue smoothly.

"That sounds wonderful! Thank you so much Miss Jupiter!" She dipped her head, as a sign of respect and awaited Ceto's response. They had been accepted! Well... at least given a chance, and they shared the same rank which meant they would probably be paired together quite a lot! The sandy coated dame was nothing short of ecstatic.

Cetotorah

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
03-14-2013, 03:21 PM
An ear flicked idly as the young adult listened to the conversations, yet his crimson eyes wandered around studying each and every wolf. His nose twitched constantly as he memorized their scents and stored in his brain for future reference.

His eyes averted back to Jupiter as the multicolored dame began to speak once more. She handed out ranks and finally turned to look at Luana and him. His heart thumped painfully in his chest. What would she choose for them? He didn't have much skill in anything. He was a great hunter but only because he had to be. He had very minimal training as a warrior, but the rank fascinated him just as much as hunting did. Healing seemed interesting too. There was too many choices.

They were called forward and he stepped forward proudly with Luana. His tail stayed low in respect but he held his head proudly. He gave the Alpha a friendly tail wag in return for the compliment. Listening to her words and cocked his head a bit and then looked at Luana as she decided she liked the idea of being an Orbita for now.

After a moment of thinking Cetotorah nodded his head as well. "I would enjoy that very much. Hunting, Healing, and Fighting are all very interesting. I'd like to see which one I'd fit in best." He replied to her. Perhaps that one male would teach him a bit about healing? Luana and him could also train together to see how they did as warriors. He already knew he was a decent hunter but there was already room for improvement. "Thank you miss." He dipped his head in respect and waited to be dismissed back to their seats.

Jupiter I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
03-15-2013, 12:06 PM

jupiter illidais

she drew her gaze about, alternating it between the two wolves she had spoken to. her ears pressed forward and she chuckled, endeared by their youth and their readiness to succeed and prosper. as long as they didn't go overboard with such antics, they were bound to get somewhere in this pack. their future looked bright, as did a lot of the other futures in this pack. a genuine smile crossed jupiter's features as she nodded to the pair, and remained as she rose to her full height, ears forward. the lass glanced briefly at frino, and decided she would discuss with him later about his rank, as she had to get this meeting moving. mercury stood as tall as his stubby body could beside her, glaring around as if he'd grouch away anyone who dared try and touch jupiter or talk while she spoke.

"a few things you should know for your life in ludicael," she announced kindly, idly shaking any dirt from her fur and wincing at the movement, but maintaining a smooth and affable timbre as she went on. "as expected, when it comes to the pack, you obey only me. her voice was stern and critical, but then she chuckled, tone lightening by leagues. otherwise, i don't care what you do in your personal life. as long as your actions do not compromise the pack or our allies and their members, feel free to do as you please." for what had to be the billionth time since their arrivals, she took in their appearances and recalled their attitudes. none of them looked or acted like murderers or rapists, so for now it seemed as if they wouldn't cause too much trouble.

"unless it personally relates to me, i probably won't interfere with your life. i don't care if you take a mate outside of the pack, but if pups are on the way, i require that you let me know. if one of you gals are the pregnant ones," she drawled suggestively, throwing a wink to luana, aria, and aztec and a mild chuckle, "congratulations. i request that the pups stay here until they are mature enough to choose a pack for themselves, and then they may do what they wish." she turned her gaze upon the testosterone-laden portion of the population. "lads, feel free to bring any pups to the pack as long as they're not kidnapped. but you wouldn't do that, would you?" she asked dramatically, pleased to be able to add some humor to the usual boring drill of pack rules. "i understand that some packs may require you to be in the same pack as your mate, and i'm neutral on the subject. should any of you find yourselves with the need to leave the pack for any reason, you must consult me first. i'm responsible for keeping track of my members." this last chunk of dialogue was more solemn, though its message was difficult to discern--a little cryptic, almost.

"trespassers are to be relocated to the border--by force if they violently resist--and the member that finds them is to wait for a lead rank or myself to come and accept the stranger if they seek entry into the pack. if they have other business, have them state it, or call whichever member they need to speak to. be cautious of those who won't disclose their business.

"and lastly, feel free to challenge for ranks. now, i understand that ludicael's lead positions are still open. i request that you challenge not for these ranks until i have filled them. when the time does come to challenge, please be aware of the nature of the job. for example, i'd rather not have healers fighting over the lead rank. i will oversee all challenges to ensure that a suitable wolf is still chosen in the end." she smiled. "and that's all. any questions? concerns?" mercury hissed out into the crowd for confirmation, prompting anyone holding their silence to speak in his own special way.

? 670 words ?

[ o o c ; ]
i'll change all of your profiles now~ you are all on the pack pages as well, unless you're frino, who has not yet been assigned a rank. you are also dismissed unless you are frino or marvel or another wolf that has a question or concern. ^_^ welcome to ludicael, loves! c:

also, for a too-long; didn't-read summary, just check the pack rules on the ludicael page, though she brushes a few minute details that aren't mentioned there. ^_^

public enemy #1

Frino

gems
size
build
player
03-15-2013, 01:31 PM
A hunter. Very well. Inclining his head, Frino smiled at the lovely female, twitching his tail, though for the moment he stayed silent, allowing her to turn her attention elsewhere, to the two youngsters that had arrived before him. That was all right with him; he would rather not share her attention anyways. She was special enough that he wanted to hoard all of it, and catch that pretty purple eye.

She spoke about laws, and Frino listened absently, filing away the important information though he didn't pay nearly as much attention as she could. And when her speech was wrapped up, the male twitched his ears and rose to his paws, padding almost daintily forward and clearing his throat slightly to catch the female's attention. "My apologies for being so quiet earlier." The male spoke with a friendly tone, "Would the rank of hunter be a sufficient contribution for now?" He asked the female with a flick of his ears, glancing up at her with a friendly look on his features.

Jupiter's nod was met by a flick of his tail, and when she told him to become familiar with his new home, Frino smirked. "Very well, I shall take my leave." He turned to go, tossing a glance over his shoulder at the last moment, "But I should like to get to know my leader as well, at some point." Pretty tame for Frino. But he figured he'd be good so that he wouldn't ruin his chances within the pack just yet. And besides, he wanted to give his new Alpha a good impression of him.

With that, however, Frino padded off, sniffing the air curiously as he began to explore his new territory

[ E X I T ]

ooc: permission from telebutt to powerplay jupiter was given. <3