Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Glacier
11-05-2014, 08:13 PM

There was a lot that Cru needed to catch up on, hell there was simply too much. Ever since sibelle's kidnapping solstice had slid further and further into quite and he knew he needed to do something to keep Solstice alive. He had a fair ide what the step in the right direction was and he would pull back his head and howl out a call, summoning Qanik to his side. Qanik was a blessing upon Solstice, he knew it was so. She was a new member and already she had put effort into the pack, encouraged activity and was putting herself out there and that was exactly the behaviour he wanted to see in a member. He knew what he was doing would seem sudden, but Solstice desperately needed it.

He stood beside a tall oak tree near the borders of his pack lands and waited in silence then for Qanik to arrive, he had a lot to talk to her about and he hoped she would be eager to take on the position he offered her ? honestly, he could use the help she was already proving she could provide.

"Speech"

Qanik

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
11-05-2014, 08:23 PM

Qanik

in defense of the innocent

Qanik raised her pale head as the call echoed to her. And it was for her, not the whole pack or even her whole family. Just her, and a twinge of unease went through her. Surely Cru wasn't going to berate her for having called a meeting of warriors when she held no rank and no right to do so? He had seemed pleased at the time, though in that there was a sense of foreboding as well, remembering Regium...

She moved to follow the howl to it's source, the much younger male alpha waiting for her and she paced forward to dip her head respectfully to him. "Prima," she greeted in her gravelly voice, calm and dignified despite how the title felt so unfamiliar on her tongue. "What can I do for you?"

cowardice is the only sin

Crucifix

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Glacier
11-05-2014, 08:43 PM

He was pleased to see she would arrive promptly, proving she had been around on the territory still, unlike so many others who had wondered away never to return Qanik here was proving herself stead fast and interested in Solstice, yes, he knew he was doing the right thing here. She would greet him by rank, and he would smile and dip his head in greeting. ?Thanks for coming Qanik? he would reply. The older woman would get straight to business, asking what she could do for him. His lips pulled up into a crooked smile ?Funny you should ask? he said, his voice teasing before he moved on to the serious questions. ?Actually, I'm very pleased with you Qanik, you've shown initiative and interest in Solstice, what im about to ask will probably seem sudden and quite a jump, but I want to offer you the position of Optime. It's duties will be similar to that of beta, and the rank is second in command like that of a Beta, however it will be more evolved around warrior's, training and overseeing them and so on. If you accept I actually have a mission for you already? he admitted, looking up her with assessing eyes as he considered again what he was doing.

He had a gut feeling that this was right for Solstice, and that she could turn into an asset for him, beside's he needed the help and didn't want to ask Sibelle right now, she needed some time still to recover and he was hesitant with sending her outside the pack considering all the things that had happened to her so far after she had left the safety of Solstice.

"Speech"

Qanik

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
11-05-2014, 09:19 PM

Qanik

Cru was pleased to see her, which mostly dispelled the thought that she might have managed to get crossways with one of Solstice's laws by mistake but did nothing to silence the other warning bells ringing. By the time he'd finished speaking the alarms had quieted simply because well... she no longer needed warning. It was obviously what she'd been thinking would happen. For a long moment she gazed serenely, thoughtfully at the horizon over his shoulder, but inwardly she was a ball of mixed feelings.

She'd just gotten out of this situation in Regium. Roman had made her beta under similar circumstances, then later co-alpha, and look what had happened there. She wasn't leader material, she was a follower and always had been. She wasn't happy without being one among the pack. Yet she'd still been that in Regium despite her rank, hadn't she? Gossy and Ritsuka had still been like family to her, and she'd been the one most qualified to act in their best interests.

Her thoughts drifted to her children. Miksa, and Shtiya. The boys could have such a good, happy start here. If she could give them a better future by taking the rank she was being offered, if she could help give the whole of Solstice a better future, was that not the best she could hope to give in these last years of her life? She'd noticed herself how few Solstice members stirred themselves since she'd been here... just like Tortuga, before.

She turned her blue gaze back to his.

"I will accept your offer," she told him slowly, her low voice not halting despite her reluctance. She'd made up her mind, after all, and there was no point in further hesitation. "I hope you do not think me ungrateful for not answering immediately - it is quite a surprise, after all. I will do my best for you, and for Solstice." She took a deep breath and squared herself. "What is it you wish me to do?"

Crucifix

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Glacier
11-05-2014, 09:27 PM

He gave her as much time as she needed to mull over the idea, wondering where her thoughts where taking her. Did she think he naive to give a stranger a high rank so quickly, or did she see how desperate the pack was for leadership and encouragement, for people to show their interest in the pack. She would speak after a moment, dispelling any worries he was considering as she agreed to the position he offered. She would continue to speak, explaining something of her hesitation and he would gain an insight to her thoughts. ?Of course Qanik, I would have given you as much time as you needed to reach your conclusion, and I offer you a position so quickly because Solstice is suffering with its slow activity? he would explain himself also, almost apolitically, seeing her hesitance in her agreement.

She would move on then, always on to business and he liked that about her, he was certain that she could get things done. ?I've let myself get pretty out of the loop with what's happening outside Solstice, all I know if some of the packs have changed. I would charge you with finding out what's new and visiting the packs that have just arisen and speak to them of alliances, you will be my delegate and will be authorised to present alliances between packs, so long as they are not centred around war or cruelty, especially since their new packs you can offer them the use of certain ranked members for a short period of time for training, as a gesture of friendship, but mostly I will leave it up to your judgement? he would explain.

"Speech"

Qanik

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
11-05-2014, 10:33 PM

Qanik

She blinked her appreciation of the younger wolf's assurances that he would have waited for her answer, but she otherwise remained silent as he went on to tell her what he'd had planned for her to do. Her stance was attentive, focused - this may have been a higher rank than what she would have preferred but the elder wolf was suited to this position as she'd never been as an alpha. The assignment too, was one that suited her. She was a warrior and had trained so all her years, but this was what she preferred, building alliances and stopping potential conflicts before her darker skills became necessary. She especially approved of his forethought in having her offer Solstice wolves to train the allied packs. It was a stronger bond, that.

She bowed her head in acquiescence. "I will get started on the task right away. I will find you and report on anything I learn or any alliances when I return. If you will excuse me?" Nodding to him once more, manner all dignity and business, she turned to set off. It was abrupt, but there was no point in waiting to begin, though she would have to stop to explain to the children that she was leaving and why, to get them set to be without her for a time, to arrange for someone to watch them - she didn't want to leave them, but someone needed to do this for the pack, and right now that was her...

Crucifix

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Glacier
11-06-2014, 07:18 PM

He would detail what he wanted from here, and debated of stressing the importance of alliances but knew she would do her best regardless. He was surprised with her immediate turn to business, even through he knew he shouldn't be ? she had proved from day one to be a no-nonsense woman who got on with the job. He was beyond happy that she had decided to join his pack, and knew that despite himself he was suddenly relying on her help. ?One more thing, steer far, far clear of Arcainum, they wont care that your a dignitary only that your Solstice, and will cause you trouble? he warned, uncertain how much she knew about what had happened between their two packs, either way he needed to make sure she knew that much before she set off.

"Speech"