gems
size
Small
build
-
player

Easter 2022Toys for Tots
11-18-2014, 04:48 PM
A few very important updates on the state of the site move. At this time it looks like character profiles will NOT be carried over to the new site. The accounts will, but the profile information is all in custom profile fields that will not exist on the new site due to being based on an older version of IPB that isn't supported on the new version. THIS MEANS that all profile information will be wiped when we move it over.

In addition, TABLES saved in your profiles will not be making the transition.

What this means is that everything will need to be moved over manually. It would be best for everyone to save the information from their profiles themselves because that would be a LOT of work for just the staff team alone and we can't move your profile coding and tables for you! This version of the site will hopefully continue to be up for some time after the move for you to retrieve your information but I strongly suggest you do it now rather than wait to prevent any loss of data.

Also we would like to caution you that when the new site does go live it may not be completely done. There is a lot of work that is going to go into getting this ready in just a couple days and we may not finish everything before we reopen. There may be things we want that are still unfinished, there may be minor glitches and bugs. For certain, our redesign will not be done until next week at the earliest, so the new site will be chilling with a default skin until then and it may look a bit ugly. Bear with us! That won't be permanent.

So, grab your profile info, grab your tables, grab your avatar links, because those are the things we won't be able to roll automatically into the new site since we need to code those things separately. Thank you for your patience and remember to hug a staff member next time you see them - they probably need it right now!

PS: If you have any questions or concerns about the move whose answers you think might benefit the knowledge of the rest of our members, please feel free to post them here. The staff will answer them to the best of our ability and try to keep everyone up to speed on what the move will be like.

Aesire

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
11-18-2014, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2014, 05:56 PM by Aesire.)
*Hugs the staff*
[Image: i2EAWJS.png]

Huata

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
11-21-2014, 02:07 PM
has the new site link been up yet? If not i apologize for asking it, but if it is up i am just probably not looking hard enough. Thanks.