ardent

Are You A Miracle? Is This Family A Dream?

Pamela

gems
size
build
player
12-01-2014, 02:01 PM
[[Ooc:: Tags for Shiki, Nia, and Kau.

Sooo this thread is really, really late in being put up. I wanted to have another thread done between Pamela and Kau as well but I’m not sure if I’ll get to it at this point so it may have to stay OOC where he gives her Shiki to take care of. Anywho, this thread takes place before Kau vs. Skoll / any other Hroovy who happens to show up in that thread. ]]

The woman had been caring for the child since the day his father brought him to her. Were it not for the child’s size she would not have known his age. The infant had no mother, was in need of milk, a way to sustain his life... How could she say no? How could she dare deny him? Innocent and helpless little thing, and her heart holding that soft, motherly instinct, Pamela took Shiki in. To her it was a miracle she managed to produce milk for the little one. She had, truthfully, conceived outside of Alacritia. Yet not desiring a litter with a man she held no love for took herbs that would cause her miscarriage. 

Yet... Here she was with a son regardless. The male who had brought him named him Shiki Avion Kedieo... A name he said was truly special. Pamela could not detect the true nature of the man through his voice, but there was no doubt that what she felt was pain and love for the child all at once. So the slate wolfess cared for the whelp as her own, cleaning him and feeding him. His father said that soon he would return to visit the two of them and Pamela awaited that day, keeping his scent fresh in her mind.

She had no reason to doubt the man named Kau. Yet... Something about it all sat badly with her. The child was just a babe... And the mother’s scent was not upon the man. She shook her head slowly, mis-matched gaze sliding to the little shadow of a cannon she could see. Shiki was, for the moment, seemingly asleep. Her ears would give a few twitches, head lifting. Someone was approaching the den.

Speech,

Kau

gems
size
build
player
12-01-2014, 02:08 PM

Kau let out a soft sigh. His mind was churning, burning, with actions and deeds of darkness. Of evil. He also thought of his son, so much like his former mate... So much like his beloved Avion that it made his heart ache. But no longer being alone was a great relief for the bulk of a male. Nia was the one he thanked for that. The white boy with mis-matched eyes was beautiful... Broken. They were both broken, and perhaps that made him feel better about what he was. Knowing he was not the only creature to feel such pain. Even if the majority of what he felt was brought upon him by his own selfish deeds.

Kau had been thinking indeed. Brooding. Should he actually manage to get himself a pack... To make a claim on such things. He would flick his ears back in thought. The whole reason he had left the empire in the first place, in the time he should have rose to be an Emperor, was to protect Avion. To save him and spare him from the chaos that threatened to take his life. Yet... Avion was gone. Gone forever... And there was nothing that Kau could do to bring him back. But now, his son, Shiki... His existence had many feelings of yearning stirring in Kau’s heart. He would gather those he fancied... Those he would “love” and protect. His love was flawed... But once he gave his oath of protection, providing his conditions were met, the man was good on his word.

Nia was the first to agree to those terms in this land. So openly... Even when he saw Kau for what he was. It made the massive brute happy to know someone could look past those flaws, and see that there was still just a sliver of light within. Part of him that was not yet broken. A rumble would leave him, loud so that the deaf boy could hear.

“We are nearing Pamela’s den. You are going to meet my son, Nia. I’d like to ask for you to care for him, to care for him as you do me. I will protect you both, and Pamela as well. We are... Family.” The word felt foreign on his tongue. Family... Since when did he ever feel like he had a family?

"Speech"