Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
12-11-2014, 06:11 PM

The russet hued Adravendi-Mathias boy traipsed through his once homeland. It had taken him gods knew how long to get back here, and his hopes of ever finding his family again were dashed. Not that they would want a spineless little boy like him. He was every bit of two years and yet he felt so much like a child. Unable to express himself, fearful, and weary. Skin hung loosely on his sides, a few inches lower than it should due to his lack of muscle and fat. He was a tiny thing, always had been - but now it was impossible to miss. He could scarcely imagine how badly Quintus would dwarf him now. A dry tongue swiped across his lips as he noted the fallen remains of the range's unusual landscaping. The buildings had all fallen in the wake of storms and the range had lost much of it's appeal - except the sentiment, of course. There were no overwhelming stenches of anyone familiar, and so he knew his family had moved on.. without him. Though he didn't get lost nearly as often anymore, he had as a child and it had prevented him from going with them - because he had been lost at the time. They must have assumed he wandered off to stake his own claim, but they were wrong. A russet tail flickered weakly behind him as he glanced around with leaf-green eyes. Where would he go now? What would he do? It had taken every bit of him to get away from his abusers and to get here, what more could he ask of his exhausted being?

Ears lay low and pinned against his skull as he rocked onto his haunches uncertainly. There was no use in continuing to wander, especially when there might be unwelcoming souls nearby. At least he knew the range was not claimed, and so he would be safe here until he decided what to do - or someone decided for him. For a moment, just a moment, he craved the decisive mind of someone - anyone else. His tail curled tightly around his hips, tucking between his front paws carefully. He lowered the altitude of his skull for fear of looking too assuming, and glanced in every direction available to him given his seated position. Oh, what had he gotten himself into?

“speak,” 

Isolde

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Vail
12-11-2014, 06:45 PM
She was immense, her tiny body was about to burst with the life within her. She had hardly left the family size den, her energy levels spent. Sleep eluded her, even generic rest seemed beyond her reach. She was sure that these pups would be the death of her. Still she was not with out that urge to move, to see just a little more before doomsday.

Neither Othello or Soliloquy were there to hinder her progress, and her bloated form would waddle away from the den site. She wasn't sure that her brain was playing tricks on her as an insanely familiar scent would reach her, bringing back memories almost forgotten. She'd have a odd flashback before realizing that the smell was not her imagination. Incredibly curious about the presence she would follow, with as much grace as her unborn pups would allow.

She'd crest over a small ridge and her dark eyes would finally find themselves upon his form. Ears would fall to her head as she watched him for a moment, he looked so familiar to one she once knew..

Delicate paws would carry her swollen belly a bit further, needing to know this wolf, she had to get his name. He was only a couple inches shorter than she was, and obviously not as well fed. Soliloquy treated her like the princess she was, it seemed this sibling was not thriving. Her features would tilt as she approached, curious and slowly. She didn't want to frighten him away before her questions were answered. "Are you...?" She wouldn't finish as she slowed, the distance not quite close enough to be comfortable conversing. She'd try to reform her question, "I.. think I know you?" She'd peer at him a little closer, so much time had passed since she'd seen any of her elder siblings.

Cassius 1

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
12-11-2014, 07:33 PM

She appeared slowly but intentionally, resulting in a quiver that shot up and down his spine. He breathed in a sharp intake of breath as she slowed her pace. He knew he could likely outrun her, as she seemed extremely pregnant. Still, fear crept into him and gripped him from every angle, stiffening his bodice in it's clutch. His ears clung tighter to his skull, and his eyes widened with alarm. He breathed slowly, purposely - as if he might forget how. She opened with a question, and her voice brought some part of him back, some part of his youth - a better time than this. He held his breath as she continued. She thought she knew him. It was highly unlikely, but as he wracked his brain he had the sudden suspicion that he knew her too. He thought to tell her who he was, but all that came out was a strained and uncertain  “Cassius.” He couldn't remember the last time he'd been asked his name. The others hadn't ever cared to know it. They called him whatever they liked, whatever suited them and their wavering moods. The girl, she looked so familiar. She appeared even younger than he, and clearly very, very pregnant. He knew his parents had had another litter, and he had gotten lost not too long after their weaning. Could she have been one of them? It seemed a logical enough guess. He remembered their names, and decided that she must be the girl from his parent's second litter: Isolde. However, he would not ask her her name, and instead remained quiet. His tail tip twitched nervously, out of her sight as it was buried between his front paws. 

“speak,” 

Isolde

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Vail
12-11-2014, 10:21 PM
She could smell the fear rippling off him, if that weren't a big enough clue he'd visibly shiver as she came more near. Had she remembered this man she would have known how much of a shall stood before her now. Nothing like the prince he once was. For a moment Isolde would wonder what could have happened to cause him such trauma. Her own ears would fall to her skull as she slowed even further, how he thought she might be a threat she had no idea. She was tiny and obviously too pregnant to do much other than exist.

He would utter his name, almost uncertainly and even more familiarity would blossom as the name rang true in her head. Yes, Cassius, Quintus, Amalia.. and Arian who she'd seen at her last reunion with their mother. Still, a name was not everything. "I'm Isolde, I think you're my brother.. were you born here too?" He seemed so uncertain of his name she had no idea if he could even answer her next set of questions.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Cassius 1

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
12-12-2014, 12:34 PM

He was beginning to realize this must indeed be Isolde. He remembered her facial marking, remembered the day she had been born. Vaguely, of course, but he remembered all the same. She confirmed her name, and her thought that he was her brother. Cassius nodded slowly, clenching his jaw out of habit rather than necessity.  “Y-yes,” he murmured, obediently answering her question and simultaneously confirming her suspicion. His sister was here, in the Range, and pregnant. Who was the father? Did she mean to get pregnant? He knew some wolves didn't mean to get pregnant but it happened anyway. Was that the case with her? He dared not ask, but instead softened his features ever so slightly. Surely his own sister wouldn't harm him. He remained quiet and still, with only the soft intake and exhalation of breath to confirm he were even still alive. He had never been extremely talkative, and that had only intensified since his isolation from everything he had once known. He spoke when spoken to, and usually that kept him from being harmed. Curiosity brimmed in his leaf green eyes, replacing just a bit of the fear that had been there. He was still mistrustful and uncertain, but he was at least no longer petrified. His tongue swiped nervously across his lips as he fidgeted in his position. So many questions brewed in his mind, but he dared not ask a single one. 

“speak,” 

Isolde

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Vail
12-12-2014, 05:03 PM
He didn't seem to relax after her question, but the answer he would give brought her tail to wag. This was her brother, her family! Though she still couldn't feel joyous for some reason. Something terrible must have happened to him to be so fearful. Especially of her, a tiny, extremely pregnant, non threatening she wolf. Still, she'd do her best to be mindful of his nervousness. She wouldn't move to embrace him liked she wished, but would remain the safe distance away, wanting him to feel at ease with her. He deserved that didn't he? He seemed to soften just slightly as he realized too, still she could plainly see how fearful he was. SHe wouldn't miss the tone of curiosity that would find its way to his gaze, and her smile would grow a bit wider and more welcoming. He wasn't lost forever, and she would have hope that maybe they would have a real conversation. Still, she didn't know his plans in the least. "Welcome home, brother," She'd start, her voice a bit quieter but she wanted him to hear her still. "Are you going to stay here? Why are you here, where have you been?" Oh it was amazing that he was here now, what would the rest of their siblings think? "Can I come closer?"

Cassius 1

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
12-14-2014, 12:10 PM

'Welcome home, brother.' He had never anticipated to hear those words so soon after his return to the mainland. Already he could feel himself relaxing, though uncertainty still creased his features. 'Are you going to stay here? Why are you here, where have you been?' So many questions, and he had not an answer for any of them save for the first.  “I want to stay,” he confirmed, though it wasn't the most confident of verses.  “I missed e-everyone,” he noted with a bit more certainty. He did miss his family, all of them - however large in number they were now.  “You are having children,” he commented, somewhat out of curiosity. His family was about to increase in size and he would be there to see it.  “I.. y-yes,” he responded when asked if she could approach him. He wasn't altogether comfortable with closeness but he would not deny an obvious request - even if it did make him uncomfortable. Cassius had learned some time ago to never speak his own mind or say no to a request - he had no resilience to stand upon. His tail flickered nervously as he awaited her approach, hoping desperately that this wasn't some sort of trick. Sister or not, Cassius trusted no one.

“speak,” 

Isolde

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Vail
12-14-2014, 12:33 PM
Dark ears would perk eagerly as she awaited his words, she wondered if he'd even be able to answer her rapid fire questions. She was young, and had little tact it seemed. Never really having experience with someone so timid it was a wonder that she hadn't completely scared him off already. She would be half surprised at his answer, though her tail would wag in obvious pleasure. Her brother wanted to stay with her! None other of their family had even thought to keep in her presence. He'd admit that he really had missed everyone, hopefully if he stayed with her he'd reunite with the rest of their family, they always seemed to come back here eventually, and most knew this was where she called home now.

He'd onserve her condition, and would accept her request to come more near. She would draw a bit closer, slowly, and would stop a few feet from him. Enough that he could easily run off and she could never catch him. Being closer now she wouldn't yell at him any longer, "I am," She'd start simply, her eyes watching him softly, "I'm sure i'll pop any day now too, and I'm glad they'll have their uncle to play with." She'd offer quietly, she didn't have any idea if he wanted to really involve himself in their lives or not.

Cassius 1

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
12-16-2014, 08:24 PM

He tensed ever so slightly as she neared, clearly uncomfortable, but as she slowed a short distance away he found himself relaxing just a bit. He was comforted somewhat by the fact that she was obviously unable to fight him in her current state, but the fear deep down would always remain. He winced at the word 'pop' uttered from her lips. It didn't sound pleasant at all, and he wondered what he would do if she happened to 'pop' right now. Likely have a heart attack, he mused to himself.  “I - I hope everything goes well," he spoke with sincerity. Perhaps it wasn't wise to speak such a thing out loud, for he very well could worry her thinking that something could go wrong, but he knew little else to say to a pregnant sister he hardly knew.  “Who is th-the father?” he would query before mentally chastising himself for prying into her business. He didn't want to offend her.  “S-sorry, maybe you don't want to.. you don't have to tell me." It wasn't his business, after all. His ears flicked back, pinning to his skull warily. Had he offended her?

“speak,” 

Isolde

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Vail
12-19-2014, 10:17 PM
She would hold back the giggle that was almost uttered as Cassius winced at her use of the word 'pop' of course she had no intention of doing any such thing literally. He would wish her well and the girl would only take his words positively, she was blissfully ignorant of most things that could go wrong. She would be very happy staying that way too. "Thank you," SHe would mention quietly before tuning in to his curious, and obviously regretful question. Her own ears would fall as she thought of Soliloquy, but she wouldn't be ashamed. "No, it's okay, really." She didn't know how encouraging she was but she would certainly try to be forgiving. "His name is Soliloquy. He helps take care of me, and I live.. with him here." They'd still made no real commitment to each other, but the pale wolf had made it obvious that he wanted her in his life. "There are a few other wolves that call this home now, you don't mind living around them do you?" Would he still want to stay with her now that he knew they would not be on their own? "I'd still really like you to stay here," Seeing family, albeit family she barely remembered, in this kind of frightened state was almost too much for her. Motherly instinct must have been kicking in because she just wanted to hug him until he smiled.