ardent

Frozen Insights {Bera}

Pamela

gems
size
build
player
12-12-2014, 02:34 AM
Winter was a strange season, but one that the woman did not mind terribly. The snow, or little twinkleflakes as she called them, were falling about the nook, leaving the area coated in a blanket of white. The world was lit with the light of day, despite the steel gray skies that stretched on endlessly overhead. Snow was beautiful, even if it made things like hunting for prey and traveling harder. But it was a small challenge, truthfully. The rewards that would come with spring would prove that the wait, that the sleepy season of the world was worth it.

When spring came there would be new life everywhere. Leaves, grass, flowers, healing herbs, new prey, births... so much would begin to happen again. Pamela liked to look at winter as a season of rest for the world, to re-cooperate and give itself time to gather energy for the rest of the seasons. Sitting among the snow now the woman would give a casual flick of her tail every so often, her bi-colored eyes of red and blue trying to catch sight of anything that might move.

Things were peaceful. For a time her wanderlust had settled, though the woman knew it was only a matter of time before she got the urge to travel through the world again. Alacritia seemed to have a wonderful charm about it. She would smile, closing her eyes as the wind blew around her. The cold was refreshing in a way. Oh but only if there was someone to enjoy this with her! Shiki had been content to sleep, curled up in the den that was carefully hidden.

But what path was left for her? Where did she stand? Did she... truly belong as a pack wolf? Or was she meant to wander this world forever? Test her limits and every boundary? Did she go and did she dare to do such things? She would rise, throwing her head towards the sky and letting lose a carefree howl as the snow began to flurry a bit more fiercely.

Let the storm rage on.

She wasn't afraid of what the world had to throw her way.

Bera

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
12-24-2014, 02:20 AM
Walk | Talk | Think 

It was admittedly a bit of a stretch, her being this far from Thor while they traveled. They had only just regrouped together and she had only just begun to get over her terrible mistake to leave in the first place, but this little journey was nothing so permanent as the one she had originally set out on. In all honesty, Bera did not entirely know why she had traveled this way. It was similar, if not the same, as all the other places that she and her brother were traveling through. Just another place coated in wintry white. But maybe it was the fact she was covering so much ground, traveling so very far from the west to the north, that made her feel like she was missing out and caused her to detour during one of their breaks. 

Either way, she found herself here, in this young wood so newly grown back, covered in snow and looking quiet dreary for it. The earthy-colored girl suspected the place looked better under the light and warmth of spring, possibly even summer, but now it was...quiet. Dormant. 

Or maybe not so dormant as she would have thought. What remained of her ears shifted atop her head, moving as they would have to perk had the whole of her ears still been there. Someone had howled, oddly without any anticipated recipient in mind. Curiously the girl tilted her head to one side, pondering a moment before she resumed her quick trot, now in the direction it had come from until she spotted the wolf who had made the sound. The large female looked cheerful there where she sat within the woods, a good mood that had the potential to be infectious, but Bera remained cautious as a rule. She kept her distance, even if her expression remained one of cordial politeness, and offered a short but friendly, "Hello. I heard your howl." 

Pamela

gems
size
build
player
01-20-2015, 12:48 AM

Pamela was alone, but not for long. Soon another would come along, keeping a respectful distance. Head would turn in the direction of the other, identified as scent and silloutte to be... Canine. Perhaps another wolf, like herself, though she seemed to lack her ears. Still, Pamela had heard of such cruelties being done to others. Though Pamela had not seen such horrors herself due to her disorder, she had heard tale in her travels. Not all creatures were peaceful after all.

“Oh? Ah ha, I guess I was just enjoying myself out here. Though winter can be a lonely season, I find it refreshing in some ways.” Pamela would tilt her head to the side, trying not to seem too off or strange. That was when trouble tended to start. “Are you all alone? You seem... Young?” The statement she intended came out more as a question. She was basing her assumption off scent and size alone, sadly. But she was genuinely concerned. If the other was truly young she shouldn’t be wandering off about by herself. Pamela’s mind would drift towards her adoptive son. She would need to check on him after the female was on her way.

"Listen to me talk," 'but read my thoughts.'

Table by:: Riv