Aeschylus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
12-23-2014, 04:01 PM

All of his brothers were awesomer than him!  That wasn't even fair!  Maybe there was something little Aeschylus was good at.  But what could it be?  Snow-sharking hadn't worked out well for him at all.  So today, he set out into the sparsest of pines, hopping in the deep and thick snow.  It was the wet kind today, crunching loudly as he bounded through drift after drift.  Kicking up snow behind him, it was like he was a little snow plow.  "Doo dum dooooooooo!"  The cheery voice of the boy echoed across the lands, smooth and beautiful.  The boy stopped in his tracks and gasped.  Maybe that was his awesome-factor!  Singing!  "Hoo-rah dee duuuuum!"

Yipping in delight, the boy bounded in place, pounding across the top of the snow.  In the thick wet snow, there was a small hole somewhere, and as soon as that little boy laid weight on it, the whole pit filled with snow and the pup fell in.  "Woah!"  He had fallen into an abandoned den, which sloped gently out into the sparsely wooded place.  "Chool!"

"Speech" 'Thoughts'

Tiburtius

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Athena I

Famous
12-23-2014, 10:42 PM

Tiburtius had been minding his own business exploring around one of the biggest pine trees he could find, digging into the snow around its roots and picking off little bits of bark and examining it, when he heard echos of his brother's familiar voice. His head popped up with intrest, the ears that were still far too big for his head perking up to listen. The brow over his mismatched red eye quirked quizzically. Was Aes.... singing? Suddenly it stopped though and, being the curious pup he was, Tib hurried out of the hole he was currently in to bound over toward where his brother's voice was coming from.

His legs were long and lanky, having just gone through yet another growth spurt and not yet growing into the added height. He was the tallest of his brothers, but Bacchus was a reeeeally close second. But he was still taller! He took that bit of information with pride, liking that he was winning in some way against his siblings, even if they really had no control over their height. He was still winning and that's what mattered. The only downside to his awkwardly long legs were that he didn't know how to use them quite yet so all of his steps felt very exaggerated and difficult.

He blundered messily through the snow until suddenly the thick snow gave way and he went tumbling down into the hole that his brother had just made moments before by breaking through into an abandoned den. Tiburtius yelped, more with surprise than with pain, as he tumbled down, turning head over tail till he ended up on top of the snowbank, laying flat on his back. He blinked and glanced around till he finally saw Aeschylus standing a few inches away. "Aes! Whatcha doin?"

SpeechThought

Aeschylus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
12-23-2014, 10:52 PM

As another visitor came in, there was a funny-sounding yelp and some scrambling.  Looking about, the little boy found his brother lying on his back.  With what stubby little claws the boy had, he pranced toward the slate blue boy.  The first thing he noticed...  was that he had a growth spurt.  "Tibby, why yoo 'nd Baccy so bif?  Mammy and Dads won't be anywhere near how bwig you are when we big woofs!"  It was more of a curious question than a snooty remark at something none of the youngsters could control.  Cocking his head to one side, he clambered up to his brother.  "Just twying to find someth'n I'm goo at!"  For a moment, the boy considered what position his brother was in, and used his legs to step over the slate blue belly.  Once he had made it soundly over, he plopped right now.  "Nice 'n floofie."

Okay, that was a lie.  He was bony!  All of them were kind of skin and bones right now, but this brother definitely didn't seem to have gotten the hang of getting bigger the right way.  Mama was nowhere near this bony!  "Nevermiwnd!"  Scrambling fiercely, the boy tittered off quietly, humming again.  "Watchew doing Tibby?"

"Speech" 'Thoughts'

Tiburtius

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Athena I

Famous
12-29-2014, 11:37 PM

The first thing out of Aes's mouth was a question about Tib's size, to which Tib would only shrug and answer, "I dunno! I didn't ask for it!" Before he had a chance to get up his silver brother came over and plopped down on top of him, making the breath woosh out of his lungs in a soft huff. Tiburtius wriggled and tried to get out from under him, but Aes finally got off on his own, leaving Tib grumbling and still on his back in the snow.

He finally rolled over onto his paws and shook the snow out of his fur before turning to face his brother. His head tipped to the side while he pondered Aes's question. What was he doing? "I dunno... I dunno how to do anything really, so what should I be doing?" It was something he had been trying to figure out for quite a while now. Momma Amalia was good at healing, but he had been looking at leaves and stuff and none of it really made sense to him. Momma did fighting and hunting, but Tiburtius wasn't old enough for much of that just yet. So what was he supposed to do?

SpeechThought