Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
12-27-2014, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Time: Dusk | Notes: Whip isn't in the best of moods.
She had come a long way since leaving the Nanny. On careful paws and with a wary glance now and then, Whip eased her way up the last few paces of a tall hall. Standing atop its flattened peak, she took a moment to catch her breath, only to have it taken away again by the sight that greeted her. Ahead and below, spanning across miles, a twisting, dried riverbed. Even the ever clever Whip had to stand, gawking in awe at the sight of the shining stones at its lower reaches. Sparkling under the glow of the evening's setting sun, cut off only by the striking contrast of shadows, cast by its own ancient banks, several thousand glimmering points became the centerpiece of an artistic landscape. Even one so uncaring as herself could admire the beauty in it- and jealously yearn to claim it at her own, to guard it from those who would seek to harm or change it. Oh, but alas, a leader she would never be. Too frail, too small. Too easily bored of the same routines, day in and day out. With a sobered sigh, she picked herself up and sauntered down the hillside, looking practically defeated.

Her pace was steady and purposeful as she rounded the banks of the ancient river, following the rough edge along until a sudden drop forced her to stop once again. She peered over the edge with hesitation, curled ears pressing against the curve of her jaw as she pondered her next step. Down into the river's valley, or swing back to find another way around? She didn't have long to decide. With a slight shift in her weight, too far to one side, the ground gave an awful rumble before letting go beneath her front paws.

With a shrill yelp and flailing legs, the blue-gray yearling was sent tumbling down the river's steep wall. She came to a stop only when her ruffled, dirty fur met with cold, hard marble and grit. She stayed stone still for a moment, breathing slowly to calm her mad heart. Only after she could count to ten without shaking did she try to stand. Assuring herself that the pain she felt was nothing severe, only bruises, the orphan found her footing. She took another moment to look around, and for a way back up. No walls in any direction seemed stable enough to support her clunky, too-big paws and clunky footwork. With a groan, she turned back towards her original heading, easing herself along at a slower pace, disheartened by coolness of the riverbed's shaded path.

Baldur

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
12-27-2014, 07:58 PM
Baldur strode confidently even farther north, powerful limbs striding through the deep snow. Whew this was a workout!  Honestly, though, he needed to get stronger…  mouth turned to a frown.  He'd learned all to readily that there were wolves out there that were ready to hurt him an his family, wolves he needed to disembowel on sight.  Wound first, ask questions later.  There was no room for innocence in this world and it was about time he wised up.  

A soft sigh caught his attention as he turned to Linneá's ghost, her gentle blue gaze staring back at him.  Lips pursed thinly and he growled..  "What?  You know it's true."  He strode on at a quicker pace, thinking he could outwalk this figment of his imagination.  The gentle angel that soothed his soul… that caused him so much pain.

The path smoothed and the man found himself tracing the path of a snow-covered river bed.  Hmmm… well this was interesting.  Ears flicked back as a sudden yelp caught his attention.  What in the world was that?  Baldur raced down the ravine for the source of the sound and noticed a soggy, slate-colored femme.  "Hey miss!  Hey you alright!  I heard a yell."

Whip

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
12-27-2014, 08:12 PM
Quote:
The call of a male voice had the dampened girl whirling to face it, at first with teeth bared. As she took in his words, she calmed and shrunk into her usual timid hunch. Immediately, she decided to milk the situation for what she could. This male wanted a damsel in distress? Oh, he'd get it. She moved to approach him and fell into a stagger, then with a limp, picked herself back up. She feigned a wince of pain as she placed a seemingly tender front leg down again. She didn't try to walk again, and instead, lowered her head in what seemed like defeat.

"I fell from the upper ledge." She stammered, voice as timid as her pose. "My leg hurts. I... I think it's bad. Oh, please, I need to find shelter and now I can't climb back up!" She whimpered, pleading in her best way for his heroic assistance. She played her role well, a frightened yearling lost and injured, hopeful that this friendly face might offer her sanctuary and aid.

She allowed her legs to quiver, and even hissed against the pain of her bruised sides, using her mud-covered and pathetic appearance and what little injuries she actually had all to her advantage. Ever the clever witch, the girl even slumped to her haunches, gasping as if the very motion pained her severely. Her icy gaze dared to find the male's, in hopes that maybe, a sad glance might make up his mind in her favor.
Whip is not your friend.
Whip just wants your innards.
She'll even beg for them.
After she's made you hers.

Baldur

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
12-27-2014, 09:37 PM
As the woman whirled to face him with fangs barred he returned the favor, hackles lacing down his back, ears pinning to his head as his tail streamed out high behind him in a show of dominance.  Baldur knew better than the let his guard drop but as she dropped her defenses and hunkered down submissively he slowly let his own defenses fall but he still eyed her warily.  She was a stranger after all.  As the woman started to stagger towards him he took a few steps back all to aware that his lover was standing right next to him and he certainly didn't want to offend Linneá.

She spoke saying she'd fallen from the ledge… shit…  he hoped it wasn't broken.  Fool of a girl.  How on earth had she managed to fall down here?  "Well…. I'm no healer but there's a pack nearby that might be able to help you for a price."  Baldur moved slowly, trying not to startle her as he came to stand on her left side.  "Here lean on me, we can head back the way I came in, it might be easier on you."

Whip

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
12-30-2014, 01:50 PM
Admittedly, when the male offered his help, she felt a wave of relief wash over her. And a pack? Good! She'd been looking for something interesting in this nothing land. The girl timidly moved to lean against him and in her sly way, managed to brush a little closer than necessary as she did. It was second nature to play innocently coy, especially around those rogue males, who so often fell for her helpless damsel act that she'd come to expect it now. If he moved, she'd move with him, playing up the limp just a little bit as she hobbled against him- surprisingly graceful on three legs.

"Thank you, you're very kind." She offered meekly. "My birth pack disbanded. I've been alone for months." She sighed, wistful as she feigned memory. "We're not meant to be rogues, y'know." The girl managed a weak smile, then sighed once more. "So this pack. What's it like? What's the price you mentioned?" She wasn't interested in seeing an actual healer- but to get an in with a local pack? That was plenty enough reason for her to keep up her little act. "Will I be in any trouble? I haven't crossed a border, have I?"
Whip is not your friend.
Whip just wants your innards.
She'll even beg for them.
After she's made you hers.

Baldur

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
01-02-2015, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2015, 10:38 PM by Baldur.)

The woman moved to lean up against him for support and he spread his legs slightly to accommodate her weight.  It didn't go unnoticed just how close she was pressing into him.  On the other side of him he noticed Linneá giving him a sidelong glance and clicking her tongue.  Baldur sighed lightly, it would only be for a bit, just til they got back to Regium.  Surely his lover would understand?"

"It's alright Baldur, let's just help her…  you know if you wanted to move on-"

"NO!"  Ohhhhh he just said that out loud.  "Sorry, I mean, you're right.  We're pack animals, certainly not meant to be loners."  Linneá giggled and he shot her a look before letting his thoughts drift to his phantom lover.  "I don't believe in that 'til death do we part crap' Linneá you know that.  When I said I was going to love you forever I meant til the end of time." Linnea reached out to nuzzle his cheek and he swore his fur stood on end from the electricity of it.  "Now pay attention, love.  You've a guest to entertain."  Like a breath of fog she dissolved and vanished.

"Umm… well I haven't been there long so I guess I don't really know.  Honestly, I was enjoying a few more steps of being a loner before I finally settle down…. again…  I'm not sure what the payment will be either or even if you'll be required to."  Baldur let out a gentle laugh.  "Sorry, guess Im' not that much help and don't worry we're still a bit out from the northern border.  By the way I'm Baldur, what's your name?  And, what was your old pack like?"

"Speech"
Thoughts/Linnea