Mystic

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Annette
01-09-2015, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2015, 05:25 PM by Mystic.)
The white and black marking she-pup walked on through the forest. Everything was so different about this place, it almost made it seem like no life was ever present in this part of the South. Despite her being almost a year, she was happy that she was able to wander through this land alone and maybe even meet some new friends on her adventures. Her crimson eyes focused on mainly everything that she could see, and she smiled and sat down on her haunches and listened to the birds sing. Spring was here, and hearing the birds and seeing buds from flowers was good to see again, but, this place seemed lifeless, but she paid no heed and thought about the good things this place could offer at the moment. She gave a small huff and walked onward, but, she her excitement accidentally caused her to bang her cranium against a tree, but she smiled and shook her head as she spun around, almost as if she were dancing. Oh, how she wished she could have a friend to play with right now.

Jupiter I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
01-11-2015, 02:48 AM
Unforgiving banshee descends upon a territory she formerly resided on, sweeping upon the babe she spots from the feared tyrant's borders. From behind the child she approaches, a frown twisting her visage. Normally she would leave the child to be ripped apart by Artemis but no pack scent touches this creature's pelt. And so she moves forward with the intent to claim. But she moves only enough to perch a few pawsteps past the borders of her fellow mercenary, several yards away from the youth.

"Child," she rumbles lowly, warmly. "Come here, away from the monsters that are where you are now. You don't want to be in this lifeless place, now, do you?" Her croon is motherly and affectionate, dripping with honey as she seeks to pull the woman from the depths of Artemis' territory, where the tyrant queen would likely quickly demolish the unfortunate thing.

prone to violent reaction. ic actions have ic consequences and she lives and breathes it.

public enemy #1

crawl. crawl more. drag your hands and knees across the destruction left in my wake to the ends of the earth. there's a green light of a shining star in my sky and there will not be an obstacle i will not overcome until i cup that star in my palms. the void in my will has been filled with purpose. so crawl. crawl more, love.
because i like it when you're on your knees.

Mystic

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Annette
01-11-2015, 01:46 PM
Mystic happened to hear someone approach her, their steps faint yet audible for her ears to catch the rhythm of. Her crimson orbs focused in on the somewhat orange-ish woman that happened to come toward her. Her voice, once spoken, was calm and serene, but, Mystic was not sure if someone like her could be trusted as she approached but stayed on her guard. The young lass tilted her head to the side slightly in confusion to what the older she-wolf had spoken. She was only exploring, nothing more. She was sure that if she were in danger her family would hear her cries, but, she was not afraid of adventure and fun. Heck, she loved to explore the land as much as anyone around her.

"I'm sorry, Ma'am, if I treaded on land that either belonged to you or someone else. I was just looking for a place to explore and have some fun," Mystic smiled kindly to the older woman in attempt to try and be friendly and compassionate toward her. The sound of crows could be heard from above the tree branches, calling their obnoxious cries. The lass was not afraid of them and happened to growl and try to make them fly away, but her attempts were futile and she gave up, looking back over to the woman, her smile still visible upon her features. 

"Pardon, but may I ask your name? Oh, and my name is Mystic," Mystic spoke in a happy and excited tone, hoping that perhaps she had found a friend, but, her father warned her of the danger that some wolves possessed, so Mystic kept cautious about the encounter.

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
01-12-2015, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2015, 12:04 AM by Drashiel.)

Her quiet steps did not travel through the mists that eternally wreathed the forest. Kapra followed closely, she knew, though she could neither see nor hear him his scent coiled comfortably around her. The last of the Finnvi vikings.

No, there were others. Laufey, Orochi, their sister. Laufey had so much potential, but the girl had been ruined by their soft childhood and Orochi was as mad as the woman who had birthed them. Laufey... perhaps she would find him, and she and Kapra could mold the boy into the viking he was meant to be. The child of a madman and a madwoman, but Finnvi blood flowed through him and he could be what his father could not.

She broke into an area where the mist had cleared, the sight of a young wolf catching her eyes, and the silver gaze sharpened speculatively. This land belonged to no pack, so what was a young thing like this doing here? Old enough to be of use but young enough to mold into the desired slave, this girl could catch a good price if Alacratia were anything like her old home, where slavery was not only an acceptable practice but the basis of their economy. Hm...

The child was not alone, but the orange bitch who hovered near her had clearly had no hand in raising her, for she carried only the very fresh scent of this encounter overlayed upon the scent of a pack. Katja's eyes were narrowed to sharp silver slits as she stalked closer. Kapra, she trusted, was at her back. To think she once would not have trusted him... Now she trusted only Raisa more.

"This land belongs to no one, child," she spoke, cutting off any reply the orange female may have planned. "Not her, and not the ghost who would haunt this place." Oh, she knew Artemis Elysius was here, trying to claim the land as though she were an alpha. She knew the scent from the bitch's trespassing upon Ebony lands, back when Katja were the alpha. It mattered not.

Her head and tail raised in a gesture of dominance, her ears pressed forward aggressively, she moved closer to the girl. "This child belongs to me," she told the orange alpha coldly, asserting her claim upon the pup in words and posture. "I lay claim to her as my slave and you will not interfere."

She moved her gaze to the pup. "Come," she barked. She expected the child to resist, and was fully ready to claim her by force.

KATJA vs MYSTIC for ENSLAVEMENT

Round 0/?

Defenses:

Attacks:

Injuries:

OOC Notes:

Edited by lunarcat on 1/13 to remove the first paragraph that was accidentally left in from the Olympus challenge

Mystic

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Annette
01-12-2015, 05:44 PM
Mystic would happen to smell the scent of another she-wolf approaching them, crimson orbs meeting the ones of the darker colored wolf. Her ears pinned back as she happened to smell the darker alpha. She wanted her as a slave? Why? She was only exploring and did not intend to do anything to the she-wolf or anyone else, she was a kind-hearted pup, eyes focused on everything as a small whimper came over her. She closed her eyes and prayed to Siri that her father or mother would find her, she was scared beyond belief and without even wishing for a fight, she went upon her back and showed that she was surrendering and did not want any trouble. She moved her body back upward and followed, eyes closed and head hung low, tail tucked between her legs as she walked over to the older wolf.

"I don't wish to fight, I'll come," she said and waited for the she-wolf to lead the way. So, she was going to be a slave. What more was there for her?

Kaprasíus

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
01-12-2015, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2015, 07:27 PM by Kaprasíus.)
Kaprasíus was certain that the gods were disappointed in the Finnvi clan. Not only had they lost their home, but they had let down the gods. Though it had been Katja that had lost the fight for Yfir, he took just as much blame. When one Finnvi suffered, so did the whole family; he was no exception. Still it surprised him that Katja was his closest companion, but he had pledged his full allegiance to her and though he was not the greatest of men, he would not go back on his word -- not to his flesh and blood. Once, he was certain she would've killed him if she had known just how close he had gotten with Jaeger, if she knew what he had witnessed the night that his two siblings had been slain...

But that was all behind them now.

The heavy mist of the forest shielded them from wandering eyes, encasing the land in an eerie sort of state. This place was dark, compared to the lands around it -- tendrils of sunshine fought to penetrate the heavy fog that hung high above the treetops, a difficult task even in the midst of day. Kaprasíus would follow his cousin with no hesitation, trailing absently behind her, scouting the forest silently. What plan the gods had for them, of that he was uncertain, but what he did know was that they would show him a sign.

They always had.

But what he didn't know was that it would come in the form of a small, silver-furred child. Slowly Katja would appear in his vision and he would hurry to trail behind her, assessing the scene silently. It took merely a moment for Katja to lay claim upon the girl and immediately a devious smirk would toy at his lips. "Für uns zu halten?" he would inquire under his breath, all but ignoring the orange woman who lingered nearby, knowing nothing of her. "Oder werden wir sie verkaufen?" Softly he would snicker. Perhaps they had grown soft? Was this why the gods had frowned so obviously upon them? Perhaps they ought to return to their roots and become they vikings they had been taught to be. If this was Katja's plan, he would be more than happy to oblige.

But the girl would not fight. Her posture quickly became submissive and she would follow Katja's orders, rolling to expose her belly before standing upright and coming toward her slowly. Amusement danced in the man's emerald stare as he slowly drew himself up to Katja's left side. "What a good girl," he would coo with glee. "This will all be much easier if you don't struggle..." Though somewhat oblivious to Katja's plans, he had no doubt that she had something brilliant stirring behind that dark mask of hers.

WARNING: Kaprasíus is extremely prone to violence, including maim fights & character claiming.
Katja is also welcome in any and all of his threads, without warning.
He also has a bush viper companion named Jǫrmungandr.

Jupiter I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
01-12-2015, 11:30 PM
She coaxes a soft smile onto her features as a respectful and apologetic reply stutters from young lips. The woman patiently waits for the other to stop speaking before beginning to formulate her reply, jaws parting when the sound of an approach catches her ears, a voice cutting across the silence to cut her reply down prematurely. A growl bubbles from her throat as her attention snaps to the black she-wolf that emerges from the swirling mist. The woman commands her, tries to order the Sol around when the other doesn't even wear a single ounce of pack scent or leadership upon her pelt.

Without hesitation or pause, without even a single word, she charges, sprinting into the pup's path and straight at her newfound target, seeking to close the distance mercilessly and nearly head-on the moment Katja seeks to move closer, completely ignoring the brute following behind her. Jupiter trusts that he will be dealt with soon, also--and with ease. Defenses fall into place with the well-instinct of a seasoned victor--ears pin, eyes narrow, brows knot and lips curl. Balance spreads her charging weight evenly across bent legs. Toes splay and claws find purchase on the earth. Tail flags even for balance and head lowers to seek alignment with her spine. Shoulders roll forward, hackles raise, and neck scrunches, chin tucking to help protect her throat, jaws slightly agape. Jupter approaches slightly from the right--but just barely. Her left shoulder seeks to be about in-line with the center of the other's chest.

The other is small in comparison--thinly-built, about three inches shorter than the muscled powerhouse that is the phoenix. Jupiter's head cocks to her own left as she attempts to immediately to disable the other woman's ability to fight properly straight off the bat. Top teeth seek to crunch down onto the other's muzzle, hoping to center her top teeth between and just in front of the other woman's eyes (red dots = top canines). Lower teeth attempt to sink hook themselves on the bone of Katja's lower jaw in a crushing grip as she tries to crush the other's jaws shut.

She seeks to use her gathered momentum and her greater weight to her advantage. Jupiter's left shoulder drops slightly and throws forward, seeking to barrel the shoulder under the other's head and straight into the center of Katja's lower throat in an attempt to crush her air supply. Jupiter's front right paw reaches as she attempts to smash what she can of her distributed weight directly down on the other's front left paw in an attempt to break as many bones as possible there. Weight distributes properly as the paw briefly lifts.

JUPITER vs KATJA
for
COMPLETE BLINDING
as listed in the guidebook under 'acceptable maims'

ROUND
ONE two three

prone to violent reaction. ic actions have ic consequences and she lives and breathes it.

public enemy #1

crawl. crawl more. drag your hands and knees across the destruction left in my wake to the ends of the earth. there's a green light of a shining star in my sky and there will not be an obstacle i will not overcome until i cup that star in my palms. the void in my will has been filled with purpose. so crawl. crawl more, love.

Artemis

gems
size
build
player
01-12-2015, 11:45 PM
                    luminous amethyst and metallic gaze { frigid and cruel } ravages the spectacle from her vantage point, diligent pupils stagnant upon the vulnerable babe as she scrutinizes her every motion -- ravenous and predatorily. yet the urge to slaughter or shackle the child is diluted as the presence of a familiar phoenix becomes apparent within the looming mists of her domain, a singular brow left to quirk with discernible intrigue as she contemplates a reason. and a smirk slowly warps the elysius’ visage as jupiter apprises the babe of the monsters that incessantly and obsessively lurk within the shadows before robust appendages languidly prompt the tyrant into closer proximities to the duo with the intent to unveil her grotesque entity -- to ally and stranger.

yet her stride is stunted prematurely as a secondary duo saunters beyond her threshold and infiltrates her self-proclaimed empire to lay claim upon the babe, indignance flaring abruptly within her inflated chest cavity as the negligent viking dare refute her possession over the crypt they currently loiter within. { for she has resided within the forest for the majority of her life, her aroma being the domineering scent laden upon the soil and vegetation -- irrefutable. } and her defensive stance is inherent as tension and bitter rage festers within her abominable psyche, the vow for bloodshed nearly tangible within the atmosphere. and the deity will adhere to the relentless carnal urge embedded within her: to destroy.

her skull descends and aligns with the parallel notches of her spinal column as her tail unfurls and likewise straightens in similar alignment with her spine, mismatched eyes narrowing now to violent slits as her ears sew against the sloped contours of her crown and her abdominal muscles tighten. limbs bend slightly at the joints to lower her center of gravity and space themselves equidistant apart as her weight distributes evenly across them, toes likewise splaying while her nails grapple the earth beneath for traction. and her jugular is fortified by excess rolls of excess flesh and fat as her skull draws back slightly to scrunch her neck and her shoulders roll forward with malicious intent, hackles duly bristling along the length of her spine. jaws unhinge with barbaric intent, lips simultaneously peeling back to expose serrated incisors as her chin tucks precariously against the curvature of her neck -- wholly prepared for the impending WAR.

her sights are originally set upon destroying the viking whore who blatantly scorns her; however, as jupiter ruptures and maneuvers to assault the woman, artemis’ attention wavers to the boy. and the deity, too, simultaneously bursts forth from her point of obscurity with a snarl, attempting to lay waste to the distance that separates she and her target with powerful and hasty strides, striving to approach kaprasius at a ninety-degree angle from the outer, meaty portion of his left thigh. and her own jutted left shoulder blade will seek to serve as her preferred lance as the deity centers her prospective force into the blade, attempting to forcibly shunt her dropped left shoulder blade into the center portion of his left thigh in hopes of severely bruising the targeted flesh with the potential force of her momentum and desiring, too, to dislocate the left hind limb by means of brute force. simultaneously, her gaping jaws will seek to tilt slightly to her own right { her skull following suit } before they will attempt to grapple the base of his tail, hopeful in destroying the bones that connect the appendage with the remainder of his body. and her upper jaw will seek to hook over the base of his tail while her lower jaw will attempt to hook underneath it, hoping to maximize her chances for success. 

ARTEMIS vs KAPRASIUS
for
REMOVAL OF TAIL

ONE of UNKNOWN

attacks -- attempting to come in at a ninety degree angle from the outer portion of kapra's left thigh, hoping to drive her own left shoulder blade into the center of his thigh in hopes of heavily bruising the area + potentially dislocating his left hind limb. attempting to clamp onto the base of kapra's tail in hopes of crushing the bones that connect his tail to his body.

injuries -- first round; none.
table by lu.

Odysseus

gems
size
build
player
01-13-2015, 12:25 PM

He would follow his mother diligently. As always. Nothing would ever change that. His young life was dedicated to her and only her. His mother never failed to take note of when someone intruded into their home. Clumsy legs would carry him after his pallid mother, his dark crown lifted high. Voices would fill his ears, though he remained silent beside his mother, acting as her shadow. Silver pools absorbed everything around himm, including when his mother shot forward with the look of war etched into her features. Several things happened simulatenously.

A woman that looked like the sun would attacked a lady that was black as night. A smaller girl cowered on the earth, looking rather pitiful in his opinion. The man that stood by was in his mothers crosshairs. He would stand still for a moment before skirting around the fight in an attemtp to approach the one girl that wasnt in battle (Mystic). "You shouldnt be here." He would peer up at the older girl, a small frown pulling down at his features. He had not become as bloodthirsty as his mother, he still found it accept to politely ask intruders to leave before attacking them. Silver tiped ears swivled towards the battle as he naturally worried for his mother, even though he knew she was more than capable of handling herself.

""

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
01-13-2015, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2015, 01:41 PM by Tealah.)

Kapra moved up behind her, his words sliding into the clearing as he did. "Wir werden sehen, Vetter," she murmured in return, her silver gaze remaining on the pup. The girl submitted docilely - good. She would make for a good slave. There was... dissatisfaction, restlessness from being denied battle but battle with this young child would have been empty...

Freyja may have abandoned her, but Katja was no fool. The sudden sound of a spray of forest debris as the orange woman launched herself forward, the movement in her peripheral vision drew her focus immediately from the girl to the hündin who sought to attack her, and Katja dropped immediately into a fighter's stance. Her stance widened to just barely past shoulder- and hip-width apart, squared so that her weight was evenly balanced between all four paws. Her joints were loose, and slightly bent for ease of movement, her blackened toes splayed apart and blunt claws digging into the earth for grip. Her tail moved to be level with her spine, ready to lash like a cat's for balance, and her silver-flecked hackles rose from hips to neck. Her head dropped level with her spine as her shoulders rolled forward to bunch up the skin and fat of her scruff. Her ears pressed firmly back against her skull, her silver eyes narrowing to protect them. Her chin tucked slightly toward her throat to provide a protective barrier, her muzzle and brow wrinkling in a silent snarl so the loose skin could provide added protection to her eyes. Her focus narrowed, hyperaware of Jupiter's movements and adrenaline surged through her. Adrenaline, and satisfaction. Yes, this was what she needed to regain the favor of the gods. Blood, and battle, and war, and pain - this was what the gods asked of her.

Pawsteps came from behind them, but she would simply have to trust Kapra to handle himself and keep this new wolf - whether ally or enemy - from interfering.

"Gaman í leiden, Kaprasíus," she whispered.

Before Jupiter's rush could impact, Katja sidestepped to her own right. She did not seek to avoid the strike completely - the blow glanced along the front of her left shoulder, and shifting her weight to pivot the viking allowed the momentum of the rush to help spin her around ninety degrees to her left rather than standing against it, minimizing the bruising to the shoulder so that the small amount of bruising along the front of her left shoulder would be within the realm of mild bruising, only enough to cause a sharp pain but not enough to slow the movement of that leg. The sidestep and a quick jerk of Katja's head toward her own right also foiled Jupiter's attempt at gaining a crushing grip to Katja's eyes, the bite instead gauging a moderate furrow along the meaty part of Katja's left cheek as the viking moved. Jupiter's right paw, smashing down to attack a limb that is no longer there but is instead rather farther to the left than before, misses entirely.

In retaliation Katja shifted her weight to her hindquarters and sought to rear up to bring her head and shoulders above Jupiter's, aiming for her body to be perpendicular to Jupiter's with her chest facing Jupiter's left shoulder. Her right shoulder rolled forward, Katja sought to drop her whole weight upon the point of her right shoulder, the blow aimed for the left side of Jupiter's windpipe near the jaw and seeking to smash, to deviate the tube with the full force of her weight and gravity. She kept her chin tilted down to protect her throat, her tail lashing behind her and her hind legs spread, claws digging in to balance her in the temporarily precarious position.

As she attempted to drive forward Katja sought to latch her own teeth into Jupiter's eyes from above as her weight came down. Her lower teeth were aimed for the outside edge of Jupiter's left eyeball, her upper teeth for the outside edge of the right eyeball, and her intention was to snap her jaws together and grip onto the bone between the sockets - simultaneously seeking to destroy her opponent's eyes and shove her head down. Katja's left forepaw had aimed to come up as she reared, and she attempted to plant the paw upon the top front part of Jupiter's muzzle by the nose, toes seeking to flex hard and drive her blunt flaws against the sensitive leathery part of her nose for grip and whatever damage could be drawn from the soft surface as Katja attempted to shove down and forward upon Jupiter's muzzle - attempting to force it down and to Jupiter's right.

She would not be displeased if this trifecta of attacks forced Jupiter to the ground - for like a man upon a horse, controlling the head could allow a smaller creature to gain the upper hand - but she would not count on it, alert and ready to spring away once more if she must. The wolves of this land were soft and foolish, but there were exceptions... she could not be caught unaware.

KATJA vs JUPITER for FULL BLINDING (retaliatory maim)

Round 1/2

Defenses: 2nd paragraph (adjustments as needed throughout)

Attacks: point of right shoulder aimed to left side of Jupiter's windpipe (with full weight behind it), jaws aiming for eyes from above, left paw attempting to grip and push muzzle

Injuries: mild bruising to front of left shoulder (bruising mitigated by her pivot), moderate gash to left cheek

OOC Notes: Permission obtained from Eve to fix my stupid rounds. Is clearly not round 0. *headdesk*

Kar

gems
size
build
player
01-13-2015, 10:13 PM
Mystic had wandered. Twice now. With his children growing the chance of danger loomed, and Kar swore to himself, he swore he wouldn't lose a child. Following his daughter's scent, he started into forbidden territory. The scents of others lingered here, making the male sick with worry. With the chance of new little ones on the way Kar was becoming anxious again. The man had lived as a rogue for so long now that it was just normal to be wary of pack wolves.

...and what he came upon was chaos. Fighting. Strangers. His daughter. Kar's heart was pounding in his chest, fur raising along his hackles as he snarled. He would rush towards Mystic and, had it not been an even younger child standing next to her, the man would have snapped at him. Body would come to a stop, muscles rigid. Kar's gaze was fixed on his daughter,  questions posed just for her. "Mystic what is going on here? What are you doing here?"

Mystic

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Annette
01-13-2015, 10:24 PM
The alabaster and ebony she-pup could hear the sounds of snarling and growling as a battle had consumed her, causing her to dodge a few moves before she had been caught in the crossfire. Her tail was tucked between her legs as she listened to the male pup and weaved out of the way, thankful that the orange colored dame had come and helped save her. But, Mystic felt horrible that due to her foolish behavior, someone was risking their life for her. But, when he could smell her father approaching the scene, her heart stopped dead in her tracks. What had she done?! Her father would now probably try and get in the battle, and if he got hurt or worse, she would not even know what to do.

He stopped in front of her, asking her what was going on. She hung her head, tail tucked between her legs, eyes closing so only her dark lids could be noticeable to the older brute that was her father. "Daddy, the dark woman that the orange woman is fighting almost tried to hurt me because she forced me to be her slave...If I did not cooperate, she would hurt me..." She approached her father and nudged his chest, eyes showing sadness and regret. "I'm sorry, Father, I did not wish for this to happen...I promise I won't leave the den again unless you're with me..."

Jupiter I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
01-15-2015, 06:47 AM
Her teeth merely graze and she feels the other begin to rise. Naturally, instantly, Jupiter rises with the woman, mirroring her movements upward, only a bit below due to half a second's late start. She seeks to remain with her jaws just below and to the right of other's right cheek until the slightly later moment where she rises to her full height above Katja, attempting to ensure that Katja's jaws never manage to rise high enough to get an angle on the top of her head. The other's right shoulder bumps minimally against the top-left side of her own left shoulder because of their proximity and lack of her opponent's leverage, leaving only minor bruising.

Similarly, her opponent's rising left forepaw manages only to graze harmlessly along the right side of Jupiter's scrunched neck, finding no purchase. Enemy jaws aim low for a target no longer so low, instead finding purchase on the right side of Jupiter's upper neck--the only target left available with the other's angle foiled by Jupiter's counter-rise. They grip a single fold of fat there, blood welling around ivory fangs, ripping away a quarter-sized, half-inch-deep out a chunk of flesh as Jupiter rises to her own full height. Katja's paw, if it manages to near the earth at all, no longer has a target--front left paw of the alphaess has already risen, pulled but a couple of inches upward in her rise. Balance readjusts as she rises, centering enough weight to her hinds to ensure her balance but leaving enough to throw force behind her attacks.

Jaws gape and reach from above, bottom right canine seeking the middle of her opponent's right eye and upper right canine seeking Katja's left eye, hoping to crush, seeking to push downwards and forwards with her superior weight and jaws. She seeks to push and attack before the other can return two paws to the earth, hoping the her body pressing against hers also prevents Katja from falling fully, instead attempting to force her to the earth.

Other defenses remain in place. Hackles along her spine remain raised. Shoulders remain rolled forward and back legs remain bent and spread for as much balance as possible, toes splayed and claws gripping the earth. Jupiter's left shoulder pushes inward and forward as the heavier woman makes an attempt to give the other a taste of her own medicine with her newfound leverage, seeking to slam the shoulder into the vertical middle of the right side of the other's throat with the intent to destroy. Lower target brings her chin to tuck. Weight readjusts to accommodate. Tail seeks to flag naturally for balance and eyes remain narrowed, ears pinned, brow furrowed. Jaws gape to put teeth between her target and her throat as she attacks. Neck remains scrunched.

JUPITER vs KATJA
for
COMPLETE BLINDING

ROUND
one TWO three

public enemy #1

Fiamette

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
01-15-2015, 11:58 AM

The melody of battle snarls and yowls draws the carmine nymph from the chambers of her den, her audits swiveling toward the direction of the brawl as she pinpoints its direction within the soulless forest. She wonders if someone has trespassed and if Artemis was taking the trash out, but when the snarls of multiple participants infiltrates her ears, she becomes worried. Ody is with Artemis, and if someone was attacking the small pup... it would be the last thing they ever did. The babe wastes no time leaving the small cavern she called home, her ebony dipped appendages carrying her silently across the terrain and toward the scuffle. (With Marco following of course) It doesn't take more than a few minutes to reach the bloody scene, and what unfolds before her eyes is astonishing. 

There is a large group of wolves, and four of them are fighting, Artemis being one of them. Her lips curl above her fangs to form an aggressive snarl, her eyes searching the crowd desperately for Ody's little black form. THERE! He is off to the side next to a pup older than himself and an adult. Swiftly she aims to sprint toward Ody, her intentions being to place herself directly in front of the boy so he is blocked off from the strangers that surround him. (mystic and kar) Marco follows directly behind his master and takes his place beside Ody's left side, the wolverines lips creased into a daring snarl that begged for one of the strangers to pull something. Fiamette's defenses rise as she lowers her skull and glares at the duo, a combative growl rumbling loudly within her throat.  "If you hurt this child I swear to you I will come down upon you with the wrath of the gods." Drool drips from her fangs as she snarls loudly and snaps in their direction, hoping her aggressive display can run off these strangers so she can protect Ody while Artemis fights. If not, she will be more than ready to attack these trespassers and show them no mercy. 

"Speech"

*this character is prone to violent actions*
companions: marco, wolverine. apollyon, rainbow snake
"there ain't no rest for the wicked, until we close our eyes for good"

Aerndís I

Somnium
Militant

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
01-15-2015, 06:36 PM
ooc:  honestly thought staff was going to close this one but if it's still open I'll throw Aern in.  Just in case the Hell thread ends up being invalidated or something, ya'll got me lost on time lines.  SO, EPICALLY VAGUE   xD

Ivory fangs crushed through bone as ravenous tongue slurped at the marrow of an abandoned kill.  Some might turn their noses at scavenging but Aerndís had no such qualms.  Survival was survival.  That was all.  Lifting her head she skirted around the mist filled forest.  It was filled with the foreboding stench of something that should not be bothered but since when had that ever stopped the gladiatrix?  She who had lain with death so many times, who thirsted for the day he would greet her and wisk her away to the fields of glory.

In fact it was the sound of battle that lured her deeper into the forest, keen eyes alight with curiosity.  Aern felt the hunger stir within her gut.  The thirst for blood rising in her throat.  Had she stumbled across something good?  A waaaaar, hm?  

The gathering wasn't a large one, a dispute of some sort but as there was no pack scent Aerndís doubted it was over territory.  Four adults were locked in battle while a male and a pup and a female and a pup stood watch.  From their body language the battle-hungry goddess could gather that they were probably not friends.  She grinned, moving to stand to the right of the freakishly red wolf leaving a distance of about 10 feet.  She was here to watch for now, and perhaps solicit the winners.  Of course surely a little idle chat wouldn't hurt and if the pair decided they to were hungry for battle the bronze woman would be more than happy to sate them.

"I have to hand it to you ladies and gents, you sure know how to throw a party."

"Speech"

Kaprasíus

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
01-16-2015, 09:44 PM
What happens next is far from surprising; Kaprasíus had hoped this girl might be an easy prisoner to obtain, but he is quickly proved wrong as the orange furred woman moves to attack his cousin. She does not seem to care for the girl, but instead is consumed by her thirsty for blood -- he finds his jaws parting, a wide smirk consuming his features, tongue lashing out as he begins to salivate profusely.

His attention is only shaken from the battle that had begun to unfold when a figure moves from his left. There is no doubt in his mind that she has seen a fair number of battles. Her face is scarred and cold, and quickly he swings his head to the side to watch her.

It doesn't take long for him to realize that it is battle she wants. Her posture is threatening, and instantly he knows that he will give her the fight that she so desires -- and hopefully so much more. Quickly he raises his own defenses, mirroring her posture easily. His head dips to the earth, aligning with his spine, the flesh around his neck scrunching as he draws his neck closer to his chest. His body tenses as adrenaline begins to course through him, his lips curling and his hackles raising sharply. His tail instinctively whips out behind him, ears flattening against his skull. Finally, he adjust his posture, stiffening even further as he spreads his legs, centering his balance and letting his toes flex and dig into the soil below for added balance.

She rushes toward him from the left side, her body directly perpendicular to his own; attempting to thrust her extended left shoulder into the center of his thigh. He has little choice but to take the attack, for it comes too quickly for him to react. The rough contact leads him to stumble, his limbs giving only slightly as the force of the impact pushes him to the side a few inches before he stiffens his limbs, attempting to maintain a standing position upon the dirt. A moderate bruise blossoms from the force of impact, spreading from the center of his left thigh outward. Of course, this is not her only attack -- and the spread jaws, aiming toward his lower half cause a sudden reaction, knowing he can do little good in this position.

His back right paw aims to lift up from the earth, and he tries to swing the lower half of his body to the right, no more than 60 degrees from where he had previously stood, his throbbing hind left leg wanting to follow it in a steady motion. Though he feels her jaws grazing the base of his tail, he still attempts to pull away from her hungry grasp, his own jaws attempting to unhinge as a manic roar escapes his chest. He is overwhelmed with a kind of sudden wrath, thirsty for blood, desperate the please his gods and to show them that he was ever willing to bleed for them.

His neck attempts to twist to the left, parted jaws aiming to snap at her left side, particularly the crook where the flesh of her front left limb met the softer flesh of her lower chest. He would aim to grab hold on the flesh there, wishing to grasp the upper part of that upper front right limb, and aiming to shake his head furiously side to side, to make her suffer. How delicious her blood must taste, he thinks, as he aims to push his weight into the attack.

round 1 / 2 -- for upper front left leg maim

note: we agreed my post could be late, and sorry aly for taking so long! the next will come much quicker. feel free to skype me if there's any confusion, i'm still not feeling very well!

WARNING: Kaprasíus is extremely prone to violence, including maim fights & character claiming.
Katja is also welcome in any and all of his threads, without warning.
He also has a bush viper companion named Jǫrmungandr.

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
01-18-2015, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2015, 12:08 AM by Evelyn.)

The orange bitch rose as Katja did, pulling from Katja's grasp. Her paws failed to meet their marks, her jaws barely wounded the woman - and now she was vulnerable. The viking immediately threw herself back onto her haunches, nearly sitting in her effort to remove herself from the path of the woman's attack. Teeth meant to puncture her eyes drew moderate gashes across the top of her muzzle halfway between eyes and nose as her move dropped her out of reach before the jaws could latch on and force her down, and Jupiter's shoulder missed her throat, barely clipping her chin and leaving very minor bruises on the bottom jaw as katja's body is withdrawn too far down and to Jupiter's left to be struck with force.

Her defenses remain settled as her forepaws drop to the ground. Her body is held low, nearly crouched, with her hindlegs beneath her for added power. Her joints are loose and bent, her back arched to bunch herself up like a spring ready to be loosed. Her head is held level with her shoulders, the shoulders rolled forward in order to bunch her scruff up. Her tail was curled around her haunches to keep it out of the way of vengeful jaws. All four paws were spread, the dull claws digging into the ground, and her forepaws were spread slightly further apart to provide greater balance. Her weight was held balanced, though further onto her hindquarters than her fore to compensate for her position, the weight held lightly. Her silver-tipped hackles bristled along her spine, and her ears pressed tightly against her skull. Her eyes narrowed, a snarl bunching the skin up on her face to create loose folds and give greater protection.

The moment her balance was regained Katja attempted to spring forward from her crouch in a diagonal fashion, the point of her left shoulder aimed for where she hoped Jupiter's left foreleg would be after attempting to strike Katja with that shoulder and encountering little more than gravity. Katja's shoulder was intended to strike the front of the foreleg right below the elbow in the hopes of folding that leg up, but it was not her ultimate goal. She would continue even if it were to fail.

As she attempted to throw herself beneath the woman - hoping to topple her as she did, Katja's right forepaw was seeking to hook around the ankle of Jupiter's right hindleg with the intention of jerking the limb back towards her and further seeking to disrupt the woman's balance. But even this was not her endgame. It was a mere distraction that served the secondary purpose of trying to pull Jupiter down.

It was as she aimed to throw herself beneath the larger woman's body from a crouch that Katja attempted to tip her muzzle up, fangs gleaming a wet ivory as they sought to tear into the soft flesh of Jupiter's underbelly between her sternum and her empty womb, viciously - and coldly - seeking to disembowel the bitch and leave her to writhe and bleed out with her entrails tangling around her legs. She wanted to blind the bitch who continuously sought her own eyes, yes, but Katja cared not if the woman were dead before she shredded the delicate orbs.

KATJA vs JUPITER for FULL BLINDING (retaliatory maim)

Round 2/2

Defenses: second paragraph

Attacks: shoulder strike to jupiter's left foreleg, paw swipe to jupiter's right hindleg, attempted disemboweling

Injuries: moderate gashes across the top of her muzzle halfway between eyes and nose, minor bruising on lower jaw

OOC Notes: I was told by starsight that since she's leaving the site anyway I can keep the rounds at only two - so if you're wondering, that's what's up there.

Eve edited to fix rounds, that is all.

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
01-18-2015, 12:37 AM

JUPITER  vs KATJA for FULL BLINDING

Round 1

JUPITER:
7 for clarity: “Jupiter approaches slightly from the right” whos right? -1, how are Jups jaws positioned in relation to Katjas (ie perpendicular) judges cant use diagrams -2,  
8 for powerplaying. Jup must attempt to lift her paw before she can try and slam it down -2
10 for defences. +1 for each seen
6 for attack. bite to the muzzle +3,  shoulder check to throat +2, paw slam +1
10 for injuries.First round

Round one JUPITER Total: 41/50

KATJA:

9 for clarity: how exactly does Katja seek to lift herself? Using her front legs to push her up? -1
10 for powerplaying. none seen
10 for defenses. +1 for each seen
7 for attack. shoulder check to throat +2, maim to eyeballs +4, paw slap to nose +1
10 for injuries. First Round

Round one KATJA Total: 46/50

Round 2

JUPITER:
8 for clarity: how exactly does Jupiter seek to lift herself? i.e Using her front legs to push her up? -1, “She seeks to push and attack before the other can return two paws to the earth, hoping the her body pressing against hers also prevents Katja from falling fully, instead attempting to force her to the earth”  With two females fighting the use of ‘her’ is very confusing -1,
9 for powerplaying. Jup must attempt to rise up -1,
10 for defenses. +1 for each seen
6 for attack. maim to eyes +4,  shoulder check to throat +2

7 for injuries. bite to upper right neck -2, light bruise to her left shoulder -1

Round two JUPITER Total: 40/50

KATJA:
10 for clarity:  clear to me
9 for powerplaying. Katja needs to attempt to place her forepaws back on the ground -1
10 for defences. +1 for each seen  
6 for attack. shoulder check to leg +1, paw swipe +1, bite to underbelly +3, +1 for severity  
7 for injuries. moderate lacerations across her muzzle -2, light bruising to lower jaw/chin -1

Round two KATJA Total: 42/50

Totals:

JUPITER: 81/100
KATJA: 88/100

And the winner is...

Katja! Jupiter must give up by either submitting, fleeing, or passing out.

Damage:

JUPITER: moderate bite to upper right neck (10 OOC days), light bruise to her left shoulder (3 OOC days)

KATJA: moderate wound to left cheek (10 OOC days) moderate lacerations to muzzle (7 OOC days), light bruising to chin  (3 OOC days)

Notes:

Tips for both writing, and some suggestions. (no points are deducted here)

Notes

For STAR

You post was clear and easy to understand until the second post, things got a little difficult to understand. Also remember to use complex/multistep attacks in all your posts for more points.

For TEA

Nothing really to note, your posts were clear and easy to read, you use complex attacks, have all your defenses, everything looks good to me.

- By [Saffie]

Jupiter I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
01-18-2015, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2015, 11:16 PM by Jupiter I.)
(( getting out of the thread. the swift judging is highly-appreciated--more than you know. as is the loss. thank you for the loss. EDIT: Jup full-dodged/avoided all other attacks except for losing her eyes. /shrugs. As an additional edit, she only took the injuries assigned to her by the appointed judge, no others. Fight rules do not have a place outside of fights. It is not someone else's job to decide the injuries of my character. Judges may decide what they wish from round one top round zero but outside of that?, it is my choice. Also... why does it even matter? ))

Something, somewhere, goes wrong.

Perhaps it is her age that fails her, finally. In seven years the scarred phoenix has never lost a battle; maybe it is misfortune that causes her to lose the second one that matters. Whatever it is, she staggers back, the pain more than anything she's known. Blood falls, heavy, splattering upon the ground. Agony rips through her mind, through everything she knows. Somewhere within, twisted and righteous, there is relief. The moment her eyes are ripped from her socket, she knows there will be relief.

Old bones ache. Weary soul groans.

Teeth gnash as she gives a hefty snarl, ears pinning as she retreats. Something gives her enough awareness to tilt her head sightlessly towards Artemis, adrenaline allowing her the slightest bit of coherency. "Destroy them all," comes the low rumble. "Give them hell."

She departs into the mist. They cannot stop her--for someone with blood gushing from her eyes she is swift, purposeful, maneuvering with steady paws. Years upon years of navigating over gnarled roots of tripping mangroves makes blindness in a forest almost a convenience for her--an eternity of knowing how roots lead to trees lets her identify the forest more acutely than most ever will in their seeing lives.

Something gnaws at her chest. She longs for her mangroves. And so she goes to them.

[ exeunt Jupiter ]

public enemy #1

Artemis

gems
size
build
player
01-18-2015, 03:51 AM
ooc; skype for q's <3
                    their collision is brutal, and a light bruise blossoms upon the front of her left shoulder blade in recoil as it successfully impacts its target upon the center portion of the boy’s left thigh. and her adversary is quick to pivot approximately sixty degrees to his own right, abruptly creating an obtuse angle between their rugged forms that sees the base of his tail relatively unscathed from murderous jaws that sought to sever the appendage from his body, her incisors merely grazing their intended target as the boy’s lower half maneuvers out of range of her ruthless grasp. and the elysius’ own pallid physique immediately seeks to pivot to her own right as she attempts to perpendicularly align herself with the outside portion of kaprasius’ left shoulder, causing the boy’s jaws to merely lacerate the taut flesh upon the upper portion of her targeted left forelimb, fourth-of-an-inch-deep gashes extending horizontally from the inside of her upper left forelimb and three inches outward towards the front of her upper left forelimb. yet the boy is unable to maintain a grip { and thus, unable to thrash his skull about or push his ‘weight’ into his bite, for that matter } upon her upper left forelimb due to the deity’s pivot to her own right and away from his slavering jaws, her fresh lacerations only left to fester with macabre crimson wine -- a masochist’s sweetest reverie.

however, the moderate injuries carved into the flesh of her upper left forelimb are not enough to deter the phantom from ruthless combat, and as her ally succumbs to defeat mere feet away, the deity’s adrenaline and will to annihilate only inflates and ascends. and a guttural snarl reverberates from the depths of the elysius’ larynx as her skull and jaws seek to lunge and reach towards her opponent’s spine, skull tipping faintly to her own right as her jaws attempt to once more grapple and DESTROY bone. her upper jaw strives to hook beneath the right side [kap’s right] of her adversary’s spinal column whilst her lower jaw will seek to latch upon the left side [kap’s left] of his spinal column, savage jaws aiming to connect approximately two inches behind the male’s shoulder blades and upon his spine -- aspiring to fracture the vertebrae located there and prospectively p a r a l y z e him for he and his whore’s transgressions. simultaneously, the exact center portion of the deity’s forechest will attempt to push forward and slam against the outside, muscular portion of kaprasius’ left shoulder in hopes of debilitating the boy’s balance { and hopefully bruising the tanned flesh } as she seeks to throw the entirety of her weight into the attempted thrust, her left forepaw similarly ascending { her weight shifting evenly between her three grounded limbs to accommodate the loss of stability in the elevated fourth appendage } before the phantom attempts to duly slam her left forepaw forcefully down upon the toes of her opponent’s own left forepaw, aspiring to break the fragile bones beneath her superior mass.

throughout the duration of the tyrant’s attempted assault, her defensive stance is inherent and unwavering: mismatched eyes narrowed to frigid slits, ears sewn against the contours of her lowered crown, chin tucked precariously towards the curvature of her throat, her neck scrunched and her shoulders rolled forward to fortify her precious jugular vein. her tail remains outstretched and aligned with the remainder of her paralleled spinal cord as her lips unfurl to expose ravenous incisors, barbaric jaws yet unhinged and abdominal muscles strategically tightened. and her limbs are continuously spaced equidistant apart, her weight evenly distributed among each grounded appendage and bent slightly at the joints to lower her center of gravity, toes splayed and nails grappling with the familiar terrain beneath in an attempt to maintain balance and traction. for she will not allow these invaders the pleasure of secondary victory, her conviction resolute and firm: they would all suffer immensely from her merciless WRATH.

ARTEMIS vs KAPRASIUS
for
REMOVAL OF TAIL

TWO of TWO

attacks -- pivoting to her own right in an attempt to align herself perpendicularly with the outer portion of kapra's left shoulder. exact center portion of chest aiming to thrust against the outside of kapra's left shoulder in an attempt to bruise the targeted flesh + debilitate kapra's balance. jaws tipping slightly to her own right, aiming to connect approximately two inches behind kapra's shoulders and around his spine -- top jaw hoping to hook beneath the right side of kapra's spine and lower jaw seeking to latch upon the left side of kapra's spine in hopes of fracturing the vertebrae located where her jaws aim to connect. left forepaw ascending before attempting to stomp into the toes of kapra's left forepaw, aspiring to break them beneath her superior weight.

injuries -- light bruising to the front of her left shoulder blade { recoil from her previous shoulder-attack }, moderate lacerations that extend from the inside of artemis' upper left forelimb and three inches horizontally outward towards the front of the left forelimb. 

notes -- confirmed by nyx that kapra was continuously aiming for art's left forelimb and that the mention of art's right forelimb was a mistake. also, for visual's sake, this was the { approved } sixty-degree angle kap pivoted to during the first round and is the obtuse angle between kap + art before art seeks to pivot.
table by lu.