Chapter

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
Novella
01-11-2015, 07:06 AM
By now Aslan had of course come to realise that his grandparents had died. He'd also learnt that it meant they were no longer around, the den they had occupied during their illness, the one he had occasionally wandered close to in hopes of spotting them was now empty, the scent of them and the sickness fading away and yet that was still the place he could scent them the strongest. He had visited again, familiarising himself as best as he could with the few pleasant memories he had with them. There simply hadn't been enough time.

He'd also learnt rather quickly that death was something bad, something terribly upsetting. Though the sadness and feeling of loss had hit him to an extent, it was perhaps mainly for the general emotions currently surrounding the pack and family. He worried for them all of course, though there was no denying that he concerned himself with his mother's feelings the most at this moment in time. She had certainly taken the death rather hard, quite how hard even Aslan didn't know though he certainly wished to check in with her, spend some time with her. Much of her time for now had been spent with his father back at her side, unlike his grandparents his father had pulled through and was regaining his usual strength. That was wonderful to see at least, the pair of them together again, and for a while he had simply watched with content as they moved around the pack lands side by side again.

This morning however his mother had set out on her patrol alone and Aslan would take the opportunity to accompany her instead, his chance to see how she was doing and perhaps learn a little more about the recent events; death and his grandparents. The tall boy had followed after her and soon had nearly caught up, the final distance wouldn't be hard to close though he'd still let out a soft bark of greeting as he neared, alerting her that he was tagging along. "Hello mum" He greeted as he finally reached her side, lowering his head to nuzzle her slightly, an action that had gotten slightly awkward again now that he towered over her.

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-11-2015, 07:07 AM
Though Frith had assured her once that life continued and would need her to move on with it, Novella hadn't needed much of a reminder at all of that fact. As an Author there were certainly examples to be set and responsibilities to be met and slowly but surely she was falling back into step with it all. Of course she still thought often of her parents, at last though the happier thoughts and memories of them were beginning to float through her mind, temporarily blocking out the more painful ones to an extent. They however would fill her with a confusing mixture of joy and sadness and from time to time bringing that lingering sense of emptiness and guilt that only made things worse.

She had relied upon Frith a great deal through it all, he had been through the same pain once, perhaps even worse really and remained sympathetic and a guiding support every step of the way. Honestly she had no idea what she would do without him now, could at least be grateful that she had found that special someone as her parents had once found each other, they had met him and of course eventually come to trust and like him as well, there wasn't much more she could asked for. Perhaps only for her siblings to have had the same joy, she had done what she could to support Legend, the two siblings had made it through though and the pack was hopefully going to follow suit in the recovery process.

This morning she moved out alone again to fulfil her duties as an Author, heading first to the borders of Fontamo Bay, a chance to enjoy the soothing waves as well on the peaceful morning. She hadn't made it far at all however when the voice of her son would call out, and Aslan himself would fall into view, the perfect not-so-little mix of his parents. All three had grown up of course, though Aslan's height still astounded her, how on earth had he gotten so tall? She would reach up to nuzzle the boy in return, smiling softly. "Good morning Aslan" She returned the greeting with one of her own. "Is everything ok?"

Aslan

Loner
Chapter

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
Novella
01-11-2015, 07:07 AM
His mother had begun to seem brighter once more, though Aslan wouldn't allow himself to be satisfied with only the outward appearances. He wanted to talk to his mother about the matter, selfishly as much for his own good as it was checking up on her. He wanted to fully understand, to know more about the two apparently very great wolves that so many had evidently respected. And who was better to get such facts from than his mother? Novel and Dutiron themselves he supposed though there wasn't much at all that their empty den could say about them and they themselves were hardly doing much talking at the moment.

"I was going to ask you that." He claimed as they continued their walk along the beach. "You've been really sad lately. I know why, and I can't do anything but I wanted to see how you were." It was a rather awkward conversation he had decided, or at least was going to be. Now he spoke the words he feared that the little smile upon his mother's face would soon fade and he'd be left with tears and no idea how to comfort her. This was a mistake, this was why his dad had been the one to comfort her all this time and not Aslan.

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-11-2015, 07:08 AM
It would hurt that evidently her emotional state had been causing her children to worry about her. There was no way for such a thing to be avoided of course, she couldn't not feel and apparently her children shared that same feature, their sympathies extending towards her in this rough time as well. It was sweet though of course, and she was very touched by the gesture however sheepish Aslan looked at having brought the topic up at all. "I'm surviving." She responded to him simply. It was the same phrase she and Legend had used, and it was rather fitting. Life went on, she wasn't ok with the truth her parent's lives wouldn't go on any longer but she would keep surviving herself.

It probably wasn't the greatest explanation or reassurance to give to her son however and the woman would swiftly find herself expanding upon the matter for his sake. "I miss them very much, and I always will, Aslan. But I'll be ok." She would refrain from reminding him of the fact that they were her parents, had raised her just the same as she had raised Aslan and his siblings, not wanting to put any comparison's into the boy's mind. He hopefully had a long time before he had to face a reality like her own though it was painful to think about still, the simple thought that one day she could bring her children the same grief.

Aslan

Loner
Chapter

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
Novella
01-11-2015, 07:09 AM
The boy certainly hadn't made the same comparisons in his own mind, the innocence of youth still allowing naivety and leaving him unable to imagine a life without Novella and Frith there to guide him. He still felt he could have used a little bit of that guidance now as he tried to console his mother and speak to her, convinced he wasn't helping matters at all. She wouldn't burst into tears though and so apparently he wasn't making a horrible mess of things, not yet anyway.

"What were they like?" Aslan eventually enquired, breaking the silence that had fallen over them. He was unable to hold the question in any longer, he had been wondering for a while and that was part of what he had come to find out today after all. Evidently they were loved but that wasn't enough to really know someone. He'd never know them as well as many of his family had unfortunately but he could at least learn a little more about them and hopefully right now that little lesson on his grandparents would begin, either that or he would only succeed in starting those tears he was hoping to avoid.

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-11-2015, 07:37 AM
For a moment they would continue along silently, Aslan she figured pondering over her words though she hoped not too carefully. He had been troubled enough as of late evidently and he really didn't need to worry anymore however sweet it was for him to do so. It felt horrible to essentially tell him that she was sad and would continue to be so about the matter but she certainly wasn't going to lie to him about it, give him false hope that she would wake up one day and be back to normal, equally she didn't want to give him false hope that the grief of losing loved ones would just vanish. It wouldn't, just because someone was gone it didn't mean you stopped loving them or thinking about them.

Aslan evidently had been trying to think about them, at least it was the impression that Novella got when the boy finally spoke again, enquiring what his grandparents had been like. She was glad he had asked in some ways, a chance to share some of those happier moments with her son. "They were great leaders once" She began at the start of the story for him. "They had a pack called Ahlon, and that was where I was born." She tried not to think of that strange dream with them in Ahlon. A part of her had longed for another and yet another part of her was still sad that she'd had it in the first place. Sleep had been her escape from the pain.

"Your grandfather was a very clever man, knew so many things. He loved stories as well and was amazing at telling them. He could have told you about himself far better than I can." She smiled softly past the small lump in her throat, that mixture of emotions threatening to reveal themselves once more. She continued through it. "Your grandmother was clever as well, they were both wonderful teachers in fact. She had a rather regal air about her, not egotistical, but I just couldn't help but admire her. She always seemed to know what to do and so quickly too." Her mother would help her now she was sure. "They both loved their family very much, you too, even if you didn't get as much time with them as any of us would have liked."

Aslan

Loner
Chapter

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
Novella
01-11-2015, 07:46 AM
Descriptions of the deceased, not that he knew it always tended to favour their good qualities. Perhaps that was part of the reason it was never quite enough for someone listening to them. Not that Aslan wanted to hear the bad, but he would find that reality coming true to some extent now, sad that he hadn't gotten a chance to know these two wolves, such important figures and should have held such fame and far more memories in his own life. It simply wasn't fair that all he could really know them by was this little explanation that he mother offered him now.

Though his own misfortune disappointed him however, a soft smile would still form across his features, just listening and watching as his mother recalled these facts, memories perhaps forming in her mind. She spoke so fondly of the pair, it shone through in her little actions and her tone and he couldn't help but brighten slightly. He would nuzzle her again out of comfort as she finished and there was another brief pause of silence as thoughts passed by. "They sound wonderful" He murmured softly. It truly was a shame to have lost them, he really wished he could have known them better. "Can you tell stories too? I'd like to hear some about Ahlon and them one day."

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
01-11-2015, 07:53 AM
Caught up in her own thought process for a moment she would miss the fact her son was watching her. She would turn back towards him when he spoke again, agreeing with her sentiment of them. She would lean into the touch and shake her head lightly at his comment. "Certainly not like he could." She responded light-heartedly. "But maybe I can try one day." It would be something nice for the entire family to do perhaps, they'd been too devastated when she shared the news with them all but they surely all had a story or two they'd want to share about Ahlon, Novel and Dutiron.

"How about you come with me now though, I need to check the borders, I think I could do with the help." It certainly didn't compare to the story telling and memory sharing she felt though some time with her son was still welcomed of course whatever it was they were doing. And so on they continued, Novella enjoying the unexpected company for her task. It was easy to forget they were adults now, they could certainly benefit from helping as much as the help was beneficial to the pack.