Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
01-14-2015, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2015, 09:16 PM by Aures.)

The young Alphess was burning the midnight oil...during the day. She had this energy that could not be contained and the fire continued to burn in her heart as she left her home to visit the South. After being there at a young age, she hadn't been there in the longest time compared to her journeys of the other regions. The weather was nicer, warmer, and more inviting than the North's own settings. That was the thing, though -- what she considered to be inviting of Glaciem would be considered cold and harsh to those used to the warmer climates. Ah, oh well.

She made her way to the border of Buffalo Knolls, knowing that an alpha currently ruled the pack that currently existed. The only thing was that she didn't know who it was. Her head tossed back and she gave a beautiful howl, hoping to reach his or her ears. Odette was becoming used to the politics of being an Alphess; it didn't mean that she liked them.

"Speech"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
01-18-2015, 09:39 PM

As soon as Odette came into sight, the brute's browspots rose. Well, well, well. Looky there. Little Miss North. A grin slowly lifted his lips as he approached her. “I thought you were a creature of the north; got ice in your veins and all that. What brings you so far south?”

He paused to stand a respectful distance away, seeking to well within comfortable speaking range but not so close as to invade her personal space. Still grinning, he quirked a brow at her, eager for her response. “Ah, by the way” he uttered, suddenly remembering his manners. Dipping his head slightly, he stated grandly (the tone purposefully sarcastic), “Welcome to Imperium.”

“”

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
01-21-2015, 03:34 PM

When she was greeted, she was definitely surprised. Odette hadn't expected to have Valentine be a part of this pack. By him appearing, did it mean that he was in charge? The answer would come to her soon as she gave a smirk in his direction. "Only when I need a tiny vacation." Her eyes twinkled at his face as she took a few more steps towards him. "Maybe it's a good thing I chose to come down."

Her eyes left his face to grace the trees that surrounded the pack's borders. "Imperium..." she softly said, silently watching the leaves dance in the silent breezes. "I have heard a few things about this place...I only hope it rises to the rumors." Silently, she looked down to her greeter and answered his question. "I came to speak with the ruler of Imperium about possibly forming an alliance...I am the Queen of Glaciem." She watched him with an intense gaze, wondering what he would say next.

Talk like this

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

01-30-2015, 10:05 PM

Ah, so she wanted to speak to the alpha, huh? And was an alpha herself? What a coincidence. Funny how neither of them had thought to mention that when they met. Keeping his expression neutral, he said, "Ah, well then, you'll want to be careful with this one.” Alright, so if someone were to observe him, what would they see? “Big strappin' fella.” Okay, what else? “Rumor has it that he's a bit of a womanizer.” Annnnd? What was he exactly? The brute shrugged. “In all honesty, he's a bit of a pompous ass.”

“”

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
02-01-2015, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2015, 11:26 PM by Aures.)

Odette was no fool and it didn't take long for her to realize that Valentine was talking about himself. She felt a grin grow across her tan lips as he spoke, the picture he made of himself more and more comical in her mind. Finally, she couldn't help but laugh and her eyes twinkled as she watched him speak. "Ohhhh really?" She asked, not able to contain her mirth. "You must really think he is quite the man!"

She looked him up and down before taking a few steps forward and halting a respectful distance away. "I think I would be able to handle his large, pompous, womanizing self...if he wasn't chicken to a challenge." She raised an eyebrow, knowing full and well that she was probably starting something. Her tail began to wag as she concluded with, "After all, Mister Valentine, what kind of ruler would you be to deny a dangerous offer?"

Talk like this

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

02-04-2015, 05:54 PM

She figured it out with ease and promptly attempted to turn the tables on him. Well, he had given her warning. If she thought she could handle him, he would quite happily prove her wrong. His browspots rose slightly in a silent question, one he soon backed verbally, “Do you, now?” Too chicken for a challenge? “I'm not.”

Seating himself, he fixed a calculating gaze on Glaciem's Queen. “Reason suggests that I would be wise to avoid danger at all costs,” he mused. “But please, do tell me about this dangerous offer of yours.” What made it so dangerous? Perhaps the word was just bait to draw him in. “I'm dying to know more.”

“”

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
02-08-2015, 06:49 PM

Her tail began to wag behind her as he took her words to heart. She gave a playful growl and eyebrows furrowed as she looked him over with a teasing grin. Perhaps they would get to have fun rumbling and tumbling later. For now, however, she had to be grown up about the current situation. She pulled herself out of the playful persona and took another few steps forward before reclining to her haunches.

"The danger is all on me, dear king," she admitted, left eyebrow rising above her blue eye. "Such an offer will be given if we can smoothly sail through my proposal." Her tail wrapped around her thickly coated hind legs before she continued. "I come from Glaciem, my pack named after the one my father ruled over. As you already know, I live in the North and my pack members are not complaining in the least." She smiled and showed her white teeth. "I came to discuss an alliance with you and to see where we may stand after talking."

"Talk"
"You" Think

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

02-12-2015, 01:56 PM

Her proposition soon reached his ears. Ah, tricky business. He sank to his haunches and in silence, studied his northern counterpart. A response was slow to form as Valentine weighed his options and carefully examined the merits of each. He rumbled thoughtfully before replying. “We have much to discuss before I make any promises.” And even then, a promise wasn't guaranteed. “I think alliances are something best entered into slowly, after both sides have a solid feel for what they're getting into.”

Imperium was steadily growing and its leader had plans. He was a cautious sort, unwilling to jump into something unprepared and as a result of this, Imperium so far had made its way quietly in the world. That would soon change. He believed in the strength of his fighters and the prowess of his healers. “Tell me more about your pack.”

“”

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
02-16-2015, 12:54 AM
He spoke of slowly stepping into the alliance, of talking it over before making any sudden choices. She silently agreed, for even though she was a bright-eyed woman, that did not mean she would be easily pushed over. His determination was something that impressed her, but she didn't voice it right away. Instead, she firmly nodded to him and purred, "All right, then. Let's get down to it."

Valentine then asked her to explain her pack and she spoke with a proud air. "Glaciem is a pack that is neutral with a spin of good alignment to it. We are a pack that helps our members grow into their true selves, to encourage their strengths and work on their weaknesses so they can be the best they can be." Red and blue eyes twinkled. "So far, we have a small number of warriors, healers, and fighters, but for the most part, we have done more healing lately."

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

02-22-2015, 06:08 PM

Valentine found himself nodding as she spoke. Not in agreement but in understanding. So far it sounded like their packs were very different. Not in a way that couldn't be reconciled, they just had different ways of going about things.

When it was his turn, he hummed softly to himself in thought before describing Imperium, “Here in Imperium we place emphasis on respect and loyalty. We're lawful in nature and take a militarist approach to maintaining our home. Everyone, regardless of their preferences, must learn the basics of the trades responsible for keeping us safe and fed. Healing, hunting and defending.” His explanation didn't quite do the complexities of his home justice, but there wasn't enough time in a day to share it all.

“”

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
02-22-2015, 08:56 PM
She watched him in silent fascination, hoping that his description of Imperium would be the kind that could give both packs an alliance, or a neutrality at least. Ears remained perked and a relaxing breeze swept between them as she listened to what he had to say. Basically, his pack was one of a military structure whose lessons would be on the basics of survival and defending the members. Odette figured she could live with that explanation.

The Alphess of Glaciem fluffed up her fur as she shook her neck to get rid of any extra fur that was slowly starting to shed. The movement made her body look larger than before, if not more luscious for her size. She blinked a few times before replying. "Sounds to me like you have a good outline for your members to live by. I hope that they respond well to what you have them learning." She cleared her throat and quickly added, "I will admit, I am still new to holding the reins as a ruler, but I intend to have my own members feel the same about protecting our home and the wolves within our borders."