gems
size
Large
build
-
player
01-21-2015, 01:58 AM

Walk | Talk | Think 

The item that he sought had been right where he left it, settled into a little nook inside of the den he shared with Alamea, brought to him and found by Warja at his request. He carried it within his jaws, a curious piece of rope wound around on itself and knotted so as to keep its shape, old and yet still intact. He was not altogether sure of how old it was exactly and hoped dearly that it would hold together for the purpose he had chosen for it. Otherwise the game he had planned would be over much too soon and there would end up being no prize for the winner.

He was careful with it, needlessly so, as he traveled through the Gulley, away from the pack members that he had left within their meeting group, and out into the Prairie, stepping well away from the border it shared by the Gulley. They were going to need plenty of room for this, and the openness of the Prairie was going to be perfect for it. He chose his spot, set the knotted necklace down in front of him, and raised his muzzle to issue forth another call, beckoning those who were either curious or interested in participating. In what, they were soon to find out.

He waited until they had arrived, glancing at all of them as they showed and then once at the piece of rope on the ground before him before addressing them as a whole to explain the rules of the game. "I'd like to introduce you to our first activity. My daughter has kindly gotten this for me," he stated, lowering his head to pick up the rope piece between his teeth and set it down again, "which will be given to the winner. In order to win, you must be the last wolf holding it when I call time. Play fair, and play nice." With the rules given, Rune turned and backed away, leaving the rope necklace open for claiming by the first eager participant.

OOC: Okay, so the rules of the game. You'll all be fighting over [this] necklace. The point of the game is to steal it from whoever currently has it and hope that you're the last one holding it when Rune and I end the game. So after the first person claims it, another person can respond saying they stole it (you aren't allowed to protect it from others trying to take it; if you want it again, steal it again), and then another, and when time is called whoever was the last to post with it gets to keep it! For ease of the game, it might be best to keep posts short and around the minimum, but I kind of feel like that goes without saying. xD Anyway, good luck and have fun! (PS: Someone try to remind me when it's done that I need to purchase the large accessory pass for this!)

Warja

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
01-24-2015, 12:03 AM

She'd found the prize and was eager to have it once again. It would be hers, not a shred of doubt threatened her. If the contest was based on determination alone, she'd win hands down. Oh, but she hoped the others put up a good fight. If she had to chew on a few ears and yank a few tails, so be it.

Crouching so low her belly drug the ground, Warja fixed a predatory gaze on her father as he backed away (good idea) from the trinket. As soon as he was clear she sprung forward in a violent spray of dirt and grass, leaving short claw marks in her wake. The lithe fae closed the distance easily, her eyes darting from side to side as she watched for competition.

Her jaws flung wide with a spray of spittle, quickly finding purchase on the fibrous cord. Snatching it from the ground, Warja quickly dropped her haunches and pivoted on her heels, easily making the 180 degree turn necessary to take her back the way she'd come. The young healer kicked off, driving away from the starting place with frenzied zeal in the hopes of making off with her precious prize.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Table by:: Keno

Kismet

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
Novella
01-24-2015, 04:45 PM
Kismet was certainly feeling a little curious about the events. Aside from when he had been freed from Glaciem, he'd never really had much reason or excuse to celebrate anything. Though he still wasn't exactly the most settled member of Secretua, still somewhat segregated if he was to be entirely honest he would still make an effort to join in the festivities. So here he was, now stood with others in the pack having the rules to a game explained to him.

Before he knew it said game had begun. Warja was the first to spring forward and grasp the prize. After managing to focus himself, the boy soon leapt into action, chasing after her. The long legs apparently fully used to his benefit there as she soon caught up, knocked lightly into her side to distract her and grasp the rope, soon taking off with the prize successfully his, for a moment anyway.

Akemi

gems
size
build
player
01-24-2015, 04:45 PM

Akemi was curious and, well, unlike her son was more than willing to attempt to participate in the games set up by their alpha. Of course the mother would encourage the boy, but perhaps by seeing her actively participating he would want to jump in as well. He was more a follower than a leader, with strategy not really a strong suit. She would head Rune's call, coming to a stop while he explained the rules of the game. Interesting... a sort of keep away game, huh? The female would blow a soft snort, though the happy sort, and would let her red gaze seek the prize. It wasn't so much the rope she cared about... hell... when was the last time she had fun? Akemi surely didn't play games like this in her father's pack.

Akemi was more strategic, waiting for the first eager participants to lung for the special prize. Single orb was watchful, however, and focused on Rune's daughter being the first to snatch it. Then, like that Akemi was off. Her body, small, lithe, at least could aid to speed. Paws scrambled in the dirt, paying no mind what all sprayed up behind her heels. Giving a gleeful whoop, the she wolf would race up beside the right side of the tri-color fae. But oh, here came the second contestant! The brute known as Kismet would make a claim for it, though his glory, like her own probably would be, was shortly lived. The female would lunge, hoping the boy was still focused upon Warja {as she noticed they seemed to care for each as good friends} and grasped the rope between her jaws. The moment would give her the prize for surely but a moment, but hey, that was all part of the fun.

"Hear me talk," 'but read my thoughts.'
"Hear Tiny talk," 'but read Tiny's thoughts.'

Keiki

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Alamea
01-29-2015, 02:08 PM

She wasn't sure what was happening. Still her sister and several other wolves had all made for the prairie and she would be remiss to miss anything going on. So it was that she had unwittingly joined the game of keep away.

They were off and before she realized it her sister had taken off first towards the prize then away from them. Keiki was on her paws keep in pace just a bit behind her sister, waiting for her chance.  Twice the necklace was stolen and Keiki saw her opening.

Putting on a burst of speed and aimed for the rope dangling from a woman she didn't know's jaws. With her prize firmly in her grasp the girl applied the brakes, skidding around to try and double back towards her father.
"Speech"

[Image: VAzkBpg.png]

Einarr

gems
size
build
player
01-29-2015, 03:27 PM
The game seemed, at first, to be kind of stupid. Einarr had followed his mother from a distance, watching her and the others go at the prize first. He remained still, watching as it was stolen from one person and then another. Actually... it kind of looked fun. Maybe. The boy would debate, and by the time another girl, who wasn't his mother he might add, had the rope thing Einarr decided to go with his mother's wishes and try to participate in this pack events. The bulky male would position himself for the strange {Keiki} and head for her straight on. He would do a drive by sort of thing, snatching the rope from her as he passed. Eyes would even shine some. Okay, so maybe this was sort of fun!

Warja

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
01-29-2015, 03:57 PM

Kismet of all wolves was the one to snatch it from her. He bumped into her side and then stole the trinket from her. Undeterred, Warja pressed on. Akemi quickly took it form Kismet and Warja, after catching sight of the huntress' small paws on the other side of Kismet, decided the quickest way to get the trinket back would be to jump over her friend - which she promptly did. That wasn't the end of the stealing, though, as Keiki quickly took charge of the prize, followed by Akemi's son as he blew by Warja's sister.

Following the progress of the prize, Warja ducked under Keiki just in time to snatch the rope thing from Einarr's mouth as he ran by. She then dove under her much taller sister once more in the hopes of stopping the tall boy from immediately stealing it back, and took off running away from the group and towards her father.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Keiki

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Alamea
01-29-2015, 04:15 PM

Before she knew what was happening the rope was pulled from her jaw but a young pup, one she assumed belonged to the woman she had stolen it from to begin with, he had been hanging around her for a while after all. Skittering to a stop she whirled around in time to see her sister once more snatching the prize from the pup. With a playful growl she pounded on towards Warja, veering wide she aimed to run right in front of her sister, pulling the rope away as she did then she put on a burst of speed and veered wide to her right.

"Speech"

Kismet

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
Novella
01-29-2015, 04:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2015, 04:39 PM by Kismet.)
It seemed that as quickly as he had claimed the rope Kismet had lost it again, someone soon stealing it away from him. Akemi wasn't victorious for long however, the prize changed hands a few times, whilst Kismet kept some distance from the game, observing and waiting for his next opportunity to take it again. Suddenly it seemed to present itself as Keiki ran off to what she evidently presumed was safety though the tall Adravendi would be there to prove her wrong it seemed. Moving to cross her path, he would once more take hold of the rope, continuing to run off once it was grasped safely within his mouth.

Akemi

gems
size
build
player
01-29-2015, 05:04 PM

The game was fun! The rope might have been stolen, but Akemi couldn't help but laugh. This was the sort of thing a pack needed. Unity. She would spin on her heels, following at a dropped back pace as she waited for the perfect opportunity to steal it back. Her heart pounded in her chest, the feeling of the game light. Fun competition. Eyes watched as the rope changed hands back and forth, finally coming back to Kismet. She had been sticking closer to him, as it would be easier than getting around all the others, so once he held the rope in his jaws again the tiny huntress would put on more speed, snatching the rope in another one of her lunges before continuing to run. No matter who one, she was sure they would all remember this day as one of fun.

"Hear me talk," 'but read my thoughts.'
"Hear Tiny talk," 'but read Tiny's thoughts.'

Keiki

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Alamea
01-29-2015, 06:09 PM

Her prize once more taken from her Keiki took a moment to stop, panting, tail beating the air as she paused to catch her breath. The woman she didn’t recognize once more held onto the rope. Bracing herself the girl once more raced into action. Imitating the pup that had stolen the rope off of her to begin with she race up beside the woman and in one smooth motion pulled the prize into her grasp before zigzagging away. Her tail continued to beat the air, this was great! She would have barked right then and there if she wasn’t doing her best to keep her, no doubt, momentary grip on the rope.

"Speech"

Kismet

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
Novella
01-29-2015, 06:21 PM
Akemi had played the same waiting game as was determined not to let Kismet keep the rope for long. It had soon been taken from him as  the tiny woman scampered away from him again with the prize clasped in her teeth. It was of course predictable for the item to be stolen again, the only guess was who would be the one to take it. Keiki this time, darting off with the rope only for Kismet to take another attempt at stealing it from her. Charging after her, he would catch up, bumping lightly into her during one of the zigs back inwards, and seizing that opportunity as a distraction to take the rope for his own again.

Warja

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
01-29-2015, 06:29 PM

Not once did Warja waver in her pursuit of the trinket. She needed it like she needed oxygen and if necessary, was willing to punt newborns and knock down old farts to keep it in her possession. Once Kismet (seriously?!) stole it from her, she followed it from mouth to mouth until Kismet once again had hold of it.

Seizing the opportunity to sneak in an attack, Warja intercepted Kismet by diving under the nearest wolf and bounding out from under its opposing side. Like Jaws, the lithe fae leaped up and snatched the trinket from the behemoth's mouth and once again took off, whooping victoriously over the fact that this time, she had stolen it from Kismet.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Kismet

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
Novella
01-29-2015, 06:36 PM
The little triumphs of claiming the rope didn't last long in this game and wouldn't until Rune finally put an end to it all. Until then the joy would continue, the fun as they ran around chasing each other. He would soon lose the prize again, this time it was Warja however gleefully scampering off with it clutched in her jaws. With a grin he leapt after her, seeking to put an end to that pride for at least a moment as he chased her until at last he managed to catch up and take the rope once again from her. Charging off again with a brief glance over his shoulder to see if she would follow. He had a feeling that she might.

Warja

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
01-29-2015, 06:53 PM

KISMET! Damn him. He stole it from her easily, his longer stride quickly eating up the distance she'd managed to place between them. In seconds he was sprinting in the other direction and had he not turned to see if he was being pursued, the prize might have stayed his. Warja leaped into his face once more and stole the trinket from him, nimbly pivoting on her heels to dart away in the opposite direction

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Kismet

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
Novella
01-29-2015, 08:16 PM
For the moment at least it seemed nobody had a chance to intervene with the pair's chasing and thieving. The glance back had cost him dearly, slowly his pace and stumbling slightly enough that Warja not only caught up swiftly but stole the rope whilst he was busy trying to regain his footing. He was standing but Warja had gained the prize again. Smaller and lighter she was far more agile in her speedy little turn his own certainly lacked grace in comparison though wheeling around in a bigger loop he eventually found himself once more at her side, and lowered his head to steal the rope from her again. This time no glancing behind as he pushed onwards, running past her.

Saga I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
02-06-2015, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2015, 10:01 PM by Saga I.)

A pack event wasn't really something that thrilled Saga. Some seemed entertained by the thought of this game, and she watched silently as the wolves began to fight over the object offered by Rune. It seemed a bit stupid in her serious mind, and with wary eyes she watched her packmates begin to chase one another into the distance.

For a moment she considered leaving, but she remembered a comment Eirik had made about her expert stealthiness; and she remembered telling him, too, that she ought to participate more. So with quiet paws she would begin to trail after the wolves that had begun to play this strange game. After a long moment of stalking, of hiding in the underbrush, she would strike out, hoping to catch them by surprise -- snagging the rope quickly from Kismet and beginning to sprint off quickly in the other direction.

Einarr

gems
size
build
player
02-08-2015, 01:45 PM

Passed all around! The rope had been snatched from his jaws, changing from wolf to wolf. Kismet and Warja seemed to be the main holders, even his mother and another couple faes. He lagged behind, half into the game and not, watching Kismet and Warja run forth with the rope, before seeing the white and tan lady grab it. That was his chance. Bunching his legs up, gaining energy, the boy would head at her head on. Rope would be stolen in the form of a sideways sneaking slide, stealing the prize just as the woman made her way past him. The large child would shift his own course, expecting it to be stolen from his own jaws yet again as well. This game seemed to hold little point... though the exercise was interesting. Was this what you called "fun"?

"Speech"

Table by:: Eldarwen

Warja

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
02-09-2015, 09:39 PM

She ducked and dodged, easily weaving through the wolves on nimble paws. Her eyes rarely left the trinket; the only time it was out of sight was when a body suddenly thrust itself into her line of sight - something she quickly corrected by diving/ducking or whatever was required of her. Finally it's current holder loomed before her and she lunged for it, jaws snapping wide as she sought to take possession of it once more.

Success! Prize snatched, Warja quickly spun and fled in the hope of finally making off with it. Her legs were a blur beneath her, lanky stride rapidly eating up the ground. Defeat was not an option, she would have her prize.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Kismet

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
Novella
02-11-2015, 06:04 AM
This wasn't the entire pack yet and others would keep appearing throughout the game, sneakily leaping in to steal the prize away when everyone least expected it. One of those individuals would jump into the game now to pull it away from him in that moment, his fellow intruder they'd both stumbled rather embarrassingly into the pack lands during the storm, though her entrance had been far more subtle than his own. He didn't actually know her name but even she didn't keep hold of it for long, passing jaws again and again until once more Warja had the item clenched in her teeth. With a grin Kismet would intervene, cutting off her path and stealing the prize from her again before continuing on his path and running away with it.