Brotherly Love

Toxin

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-04-2015, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2015, 03:24 PM by Toxin.)

Toxin had grown a bit, but it felt like nothing. To him time had been rocketing along, as if a small lifetime had passed since they'd left the Knolls. He was in a constant state of misery, all to eager to take out his boiling frustrations on whatever crossed his path. He'd tried to mutilate the local squirrel population, but they were too fast, which only aggravated him more. He settled for butterflies instead, marveling at their pretty colors and patterns as he ripped off their wings.

He'd liked that Evangeline girl. Valentine's daughter. She'd be properly nasty and kinda pretty and she didn't seem stupid. But then mother had made them leave and he probably wouldn't ever get to see her again. He was stuck here instead, in this weird new place. The boy had been avoiding the others like a plague as often as he could, slipping off early and returning late. Maybe it was petulant but he was miserable! He couldn't remember being so lonely, but all he wanted was to be alone.

"Talk" "You" Think

Ganja

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
02-04-2015, 04:00 PM

Ganja had seen little of her brother since they'd made the move from Imperium, it had been different, and she had been disappointed about leaving her little seedlings with Mercy. She didn't have to wait long to feel better though, only a few days ago her mother brought her the beautiful plant she had now. It wasn't quite so big yet, but someday it would be amazing. Not being able to eat any yet she would sit and look at it for hours at a time, just admiring it. Somehow she'd lost Aakil sometime in the day, he wasn't always as eager to sit still for so long. She didn't mind though, being alone was almost preferable. She could listen to her own thoughts and think about everything. Not that she ever had anything particular on her mind. So she would sit by her plant, the gift her mother had given her, and she would quietly contemplate the world. Brilliant green fur would be tousled in the gentle breeze as her similarly tipped tail flopped lazily behind her. Life was good.
""  

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Toxin

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-04-2015, 04:16 PM

His sister's smell washed over the young boy, along with... something else. It was a sharp smell he sometimes picked up on mother's fur, and jealously flared under his coat. Had Ganja been stealing his spot as mother's favorite? Not that Dione had ever said she preferred him, but Toxin had inferred it because obviously his siblings were nothing compared to him. Eyes narrowed, he turned changed his course so that he walked into the prevailing wind. Her green coat melted into the vivid spring flora, but he found her with minimal effort. She seemed strangely preoccupied even though she was completely alone. What a freak, he scoffed to himself, circling wide so he would approach her head on. "What are you doing?" he asked, voice dry as if she had disappointed him somehow. After all, his siblings' reputation was a reflection of his own, and if other people found out how weird they were they might assume the same of Toxin. In truth, he was curious, (and although he would never admit it to himself he was actually almost happy to see his sister after so much time passing between the last time they had a good chat.)

Ganja

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
02-04-2015, 04:35 PM

She was usually more alert when it came to her brothers stalking her. They'd been so quiet recently that they'd lulled her into a sense of false security. Letting the day slip by as she sat with her attentions divided her litter mate would have no trouble sneaking into her presence. Toxic green ears tip would twitch as she heard his footsteps only moments before hearing his voice. Looking up to his blue form she would take no heed to the tone of his voice. She did what ever she wanted and didn't have to ask him for permission to sit somewhere.

Her vibrant red eyes would glance to him as he addressed her, a sour look on her face as she found herself doing anything but enjoying his presence. Why did he have to be all rude? "Sitting. What's it look like?" Oh please oh please just don't notice mother's gift! If she gave him half a chance she knew that he'd ruin it. "What are you doing anyway? I haven't seen you in days."
""  

Toxin

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-04-2015, 09:22 PM
Ganja didn't exactly seem pleased to see him, but Toxin only rolled his eyes. She could be sarcastic all she wanted, he still thought he was smarter than her, and that's what mattered. If it stung, (which it definitely did not) it was his own fault for being weak. Maybe he ought to just leave, ask mother to take him monster hunting again. Maybe he just needed more hearts. Because he didn't ask to be mad all the time, it was just how he was made. It wasn't his fault he could never be nice to anyone, it was definitely Ganja's fault for not being nicer to him! Or... something like that.

He narrowed his eyes at his sister. She was being meaner than usual today, and he hadn't even done anything yet! "I just wanted to talk to you," he said in a gruff voice, not realizing that a pout had formed on his lips. For an instant he felt an aching sadness, but it turned in an instant to rage. She was stupid! She shouldn't be making him feel like this! What did he have to be guilty for? He wasn't around because his family was a bunch of buttheads. Mother said that this was going to be a pack where everyone was accepted, but his own family didn't even care about him. Ganja and Necro didn't want him around and Mother only wanted them to behave how she said they were supposed to. But Toxin wasn't mother, he was himself! Everything Valentine had said... He shook his head roughly, trying to fight back hot tears. Why did he think Ganja would want him here, anyways? "Whatever," he growled, turning on his heels and stalking away.

Ganja

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
02-04-2015, 09:30 PM

She didn't care what kind of mean things he might have to think about her, she knew she was smart and pretty and no matter how much he didn't like it his sister. They should have been closer than they were now, but he was gone all the time. Hadn't mother said they needed to look out for one another? What was he doing being gone all the time, how was she supposed to follow their mother's orders if he wasn't even around? He'd only roll his eyes as she answered his rather rude remark, but you get what you give and if he wasn't going to be nice to her she sure as heck wasn't gonna let him see her soft side.

He said he wanted to talk, then why was he so eager to run off. She didn't exactly want him to leave but she didn't want him being rude to her either. She'd 'humpf' softly and lift herself onto her paws. Taking the excuse to walk away from the plants she held so dear. "Then talk to me." She'd say as she caught up to his side, perking at his features. She'd take the chance to do just what momma wanted her to.

"Talk" Think "You"

Toxin

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-04-2015, 09:48 PM
He looked sideways at Ganja, completely unsure of what emotion his expression would portray. This was... weird. His speedy retreat slowled to a meandering walk, and finally to a stop while he tried to think of what to say. What did he want to talk about? Or did he just want to... Talk? To someone, anything. Being alone was cool, but being lonely sucked. "Do you guys hate me?" he blurted out. Eugh, where had that come from? He opened his mouth to take it back, to make some kind of joke about it it. Maybe he could say 'Good, because you ought to,' or 'Heres to hoping right?' or 'Its only fair to return the favor, you know.' And he wanted to say it only his throat had closed with fear. Maybe he ought to leave. Maybe he could sneak away and go somewhere else, so once Ganja admitted they all hated him, he'd have a good reason. Yeah, that was probably what he'd been going for.

Ganja

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
02-04-2015, 10:00 PM

At first she only got a look, one that made his surprise at her following him quite obvious. She knew not what he thought of them or their family, but by the way he liked to talk to her she could only imagine it was in a rather negative light. They wouldn't go much further, her question would eventually bring them to a slow stop. What was he thinking in that blue head of his? "Do you guys hate me?" If Ganja hadn't been stopped she would have, her expression would become one of confusion and almost horror. Why did he think they hated him? She just missed him, even if he was a butt hole. "No!" She'd tell him with quite a bit of emphasis. "I just.. miss you." She'd add a bit more quietly. "Just because you're a rude blue squirrel doesn't mean i don't love you." How had their conversation come to this anyway? Toxin was the unmoveable one, why did he seem so emotional now?

"Talk" Think "You"

Toxin

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-04-2015, 10:12 PM
Her words hit him like a blow to the back of the head. He dug his claws into the soil and squeezed his eyes shut. Nothing made sense. He was so confused, and there was something in him that told him he ought to lash out and hurt things and make Ganja cry. That was the color of his soul, and he wanted to embrace it, nourish it, let it grow. So why did he want to crack his skull open with a rock and pry that nasty little evil thing out... and... set it on fire, or something? On top of it all, now he was embarrassed for asking such a dumb thing, for acting weak in front of Ganja. Oh gods, what if she told Mother?! His legs began to shake and the child felt as if he was going to cry.

There she was, Dione was in his mind, trying to teach him and show him how he was supposed to be, but he was being stupid. He growled with all the severity his six month old vocals could muster and whirled around, lashing out violently at a tree. His claws caught in the bark and tugged painfully, his pad scraped and scratched and he felt the sting as it started to bleed. Why couldn't his stupid brain just make up it's damned mind! "This is stupid! I don't know what to do!" He collapsed down onto his rump, favoring his left paw, letting it dangle just above the soil. "My brain wants me to hurt things and Mother wants me to hurt things, but..." Her growled again, at Ganja this time, somehow desperate to prove that he wasn't weak... He was dangerous, right? And she ought to be afraid of him! But instead of biting or lashing out or savaging her he began to cry.

Ganja

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
02-05-2015, 11:34 AM

She seemed to have stopped her brother dead in his tracks, the boy was unmoving but his face spilled the secrets in his mind. He was obviously lost and confused, but that only made her lost and confused because she had no idea what there was to be lost and confused about! She loved him, hadn't that been the whole point of his question? To reassure that he was not in fact hated by his family? What could be going on in his head she did not know.

Finally he would growl, Ganja knew well enough to retreat from him as he lashed out towards an unsuspecting tree. He would holler loudly, obviously very much distressed and Ganja didn't know what to do. The girl brought herself closer to her brother as he plopped on the ground his voice giving her a glimpse of what he was going through. She would take in a breath of bravery and would risk her brother's retaliation as she came to sit next to him. The side opposite his hurt paw so she wouldn't accidentally hurt him more. He'd start to cry, and she'd realize there really was only one thing she could do for him.

Placing a nuzzle at the back of his neck before she ran off she'd promise her swift return. Eagerly th egirl would run back to her plant, knowing it still needed a bit more time to recover, but also knowing her brother needed some of it's herb. Gentle she would grab a rather good looking nug about the length of her snout. Eager to help her poor brother she would return quickly, again coming up on his non injured side. "Here, you should eat this." She didn't know if he'd ever realize how special a gift she offered him, but she knew it would make him better. "It'll make you feel good, and you'll be able to think better." Or at least less violently. She'd nudge the dropped plant material towards him, hoping her gesture of good will might be enough to help her poor brother. She didn't think him weak, just a little lost.

"Talk" Think "You"