gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
02-04-2015, 06:47 PM

"It doesn't matter where I am, I know that I'm not perfect, and if I can't save people, what worth am I?"

Quelt had indeed left Alacritis for selfish reasons, but who could blame the man. His mate had left with unborn children and never came back, he followed her scent for days but found nothing. There was scrapes and maybe hints of blood and fur. He wanted to assume them dead, but at the same time his heart stung to even think about it. It was time to move on, and he wasn't even sure if he would be welcomed back again. This was the third time, maybe more he didn't remember. Who could rely on such a frisky, such a unreliable member who seemed to vanish within a moments notice. But, he had nowhere else to go. Abaven was where his friends were he didn't have any connections. When he went to the north Isokan no longer stood, so heavens knew where Ixionn had gone. Now he realized how much he had let him down.

He let a small sigh escape his lips before raising his head in a howl. Seeing Bass, that would bring his spirits up. Even if the man didn't want to see him, it'd bring a smile to his face. Calmly awaiting to be processed, Quelt knew his priorities, and while he wasn't ambitious he'd serve greatly and he would make sure that he kept everyone safe this time. The pain the sorrow, he wanted to witness all of it. If he was allowed, he wasn't sure what he was going to do otherwise.

Speech,

Shrike

gems
size
build
player
02-12-2015, 07:32 PM
What he heard was a call for his father, instead, what this wolf was going to get was a mighty, loud Shrike! The boy didn't think, he just acted. The herb he had in his mouth, something he had been carrying around to show Starling, cause he thought it was neat, had been forgotten, dropped, and the boy went thudding across the land. Of course in his mind he was quiet, careful. In reality? You could hear this pup coming from quite the distance away. A stampeding herd might have made less noise than the rather careless son of Bass and Wren who went crashing through the area of the rapids to where the stranger was waiting.

...and strange was right! Shrike's bi-colored eyes would widen when he saw the man. A giant! A blue giant! He would gasp, running up to the man. Oh, no sense of danger here. A wide grin was on his face, tail wagging back and forth a mile a minute as he looked up at the man. "Dude you're blue!" Obviously, Shrike. "Do you taste like water? Or a fish? No, that's silly... you've got to taste like a berry!" The pup would nod. "That's why you're blue, right? So you can taste good." Oh goodness, somewhat get Bass in here quick.

"Hear me talk," 'But read my thoughts!'

Table by:: ???

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
02-12-2015, 11:16 PM

"It doesn't matter where I am, I know that I'm not perfect, and if I can't save people, what worth am I?"

He was not greeted by his companion, instead a small youth. He had to guess it was a child of Bass. It hurt his heart suddenly, saddening him to the core. Yet he didn't let that control him as a small smile appeared on his face as the young boy spoke about his colors. Quelt had to chuckle at the little thing. "Na colors don't always dictate what something might taste like, there are berries that are brightly colored but can harm you." he nodded his head. "I wouldn't taste very good, being a wolf just like you." his black tail flicked back and forth as he lowered himself slightly the scar on his chest moving with him.

"My name is Quelt rivers, I came here to join Abaven." his strange two colored eyes looked at him. Of course Shrike had bi-colored over on each side but Quelt had specific blue and red in each. They were vibrant against his black mask as well. A part of his sadness melted away, he hoped to heavens he could be welcomed back. Nothing but his own will tying him down, and his loyalty to Bass.

Speech,

Shrike

gems
size
build
player
02-22-2015, 12:05 PM
Shrike would blink with surprise as the man spoke. So he wasn't blue because he wanted to taste good? It seemed strange that colors wouldn't tell you if something was good to eat or not. He supposed it made sense though that since the other was a wolf that he would only taste as good as another wolf. The boy would shift on his paws, catching sight of Quelt's chest scar. It was neat! Would he have a scar like someday? The boy would let his bi-colored gaze shift back the male's own, hearing that he wanted to join Abaven. Oh ho was that so? The boy would grin, bouncing like a ball as he spoke. "Alright then Mr. Riveeeers! Tell me, what can you offer Abaven? I'm Bass' son, so I can accept you!" No Shrike, not exactly. The boy didn't focus on specifics though. As far as he was concerned there was no difference between his dad accepting Quelt or him.

"Speech!"
'Thoughts!'

Table by:: Eve

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
03-13-2015, 07:43 PM

His two colored eyeballs would fluctuate a small while at the child. A show of fascination crawling onto his face; he felt a little warm on the inside after his months of depression. His tail wagged from side to side like a metronome, slow and steady. As Shrike spoke his eyebrow would raise on his right eye the large male stepping back a bit. "I'm a good friend of your fathers Mr.Shrike, I am a warrior at heart and have fought fiercely for my family. Abaven has always been my home, no matter how many times I've left my heart has been left here. Though.... this time I hope it's permanent to stay." Quelt hoped nothing else would pull him away. He didn't want his personal views getting in the way of his pack life any longer.

"In a way I guess you could call me your uncle." he grinned slightly. "Even though you got plenty of aunts don't you." Bass family was a large one. He knew that, even though he hadn't really spoken to his sisters maybe a few sentences to each in times of need.

Speech,

Shrike

gems
size
build
player
03-15-2015, 08:20 PM

The boy was excited, watching the unique blue man who stood in front of him. The other had his tail wagging too. He had to be happy! A good friend of his dad? That was awesome! The boy would find interest in the fact that the man was a warrior, one that had had Abaven as a home before. He would frown some, head tilting to the side. An uncle huh? But how come he had left? The boy would think for a moment, deciding to answer Quelt’s question first.

“I have some different aunts and stuff, yeah... And Uncle Chord. They seem nice enough~” He was still frowning though, lowering his ears and tail. “How come you left Abaven before, Quelt? Was your family in trouble? If you’re like an uncle to me... Shouldn’t you have stayed with my dad?” The boy would frown some. “W-was... Was your family in trouble?” He’d ask, though more quietly. It was unlike the boy, honestly. And the subject was taking a harder turn.

"Speech"

Table by:: Eldarwen

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
03-15-2015, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2015, 08:41 PM by Quelt.)

Quelt was indeed having some fun and relaxing, but when Shrike asked why he left, he became a little bit more sad. The blue man would frown, and give a little sigh crouching lower to the ground. "You could say my family was in trouble." he felt a pain in his heart. His children would have been shrike's age by now, maybe a little older. Oh how the world had a cruel fate, and it sickened him how they took Venus away from him like that. It must have been his punishment for prior commitments to his pack.

"My wife and kids disappeared and I left to find them, if I had found them, my children would have been your age by now." he would explain to the child. "But it's okay now, I'm home, hopefully. If you and your family would have me back." Quelt would give a kind smile to him. Lifting a paw to paw the tip of Shrike's nose gently.

Speech,

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
03-16-2015, 06:41 PM

He had been sitting downwind from the conversation, trying really hard not to laugh out loud. Oh Shrike, was a silly, silly, boy. But at last he pulled himself up, padding over to Quelt and bumping his head against his shoulder. He had been worried about his dear friend, after all he had vanished without a trace. "Of course you're welcome back, I could never turn down an old friend," he said softly, looking down at his son and licking the top of his head. Tugging softly at his ear he looked back up at Quelt, a warm smile on his lips. "I just hope that you stick around, we missed you around these parts. We have a new rank too, a few things have changed. Are you still wishing to hold a fighting rank?" Golden eyes looked down at his son, winking at the boy. "Thanks for holding up the fort, Shrike. You'll make a great border patrol leader."

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
03-16-2015, 06:52 PM

It was a little surprising to see Bass so quickly. Of course he would have been listening, Quelt was an idiot. No adult would leave such a child on his own for so long near the borders. Plus the man had always had a knack for showing up at the right moments. A smile spread across Quelt, he felt nothing but warmth from the other. Home he was. "Even if the gods above tried to get me to leave I wouldn't this time around Bass. I think I can adjust to the changes." his dark ears would flick and he nodded his head. "Fighting has always wanted to be my strong point, to defend and care for this pack that is my family." Though his gaze would sadden slightly. "I'm sorry Bass, I couldn't find Venus." his tail twitched lightly. The wound in his heart still stung slightly, but he couldn't let it drag him down.

Speech,

Shrike

gems
size
build
player
03-24-2015, 10:25 PM

So his family had been in trouble...? Shrike would frown, feeling bad for the man as he watched his expression. It must have been sad, hard, to lose his family. The young man would give a sad smile as the man bopped his now gently though. “I’m sorry about you’re family... But I’m sure if they knew you were looking for them they would have greatly appreciated it.” The boy wasn’t exactly good with loss, but he was trying to do his best for the sake of the sad gentleman before him.

Then, just like that, his father would appear. Shrike would fall quiet, for one of the few rare times in his life. His father was far more comforting than he was, though Shrike would take a great bit of pride in his father’s words. His chest would puff out, grinning up at his father. “I’ll do my best, dad!” He would pipe up, letting his gaze shift back to the stranger.

His smile would frown once more and the boy would bound closer to the man, looking up at him. “We can all look for her together. You’re mate... Your pups. We’ll find them.” His voice was full of hope as he glanced at his dad. “We won’t give up... You’re part of our family again.” He’d look back to Quelt, smiling. Oh... If only the boy understood.

"Speech"

Table by:: Eldarwen