gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
02-09-2015, 04:47 PM

She still saw his face in her nightmares, trying to claw his way into her mind. Should she have sent him off like she did? Would her family hate her now for making that snap choice? Amalia had only done what she thought was best for them, she didn't want to see them go through that pain all over again. She had watched them suffer and hadn't been able to do anything for them, and that had killed her. And who was to say that their father wouldn't wander off again? No matter what he said, the pale girl wasn't even sure if she believed him. According to Athena that wasn't the first time that he had wandered away, which made her less and less inclined to trust him. Plus who came back after all that and thought that everything was going to go back to normal? That was crazy talk.

Amalia tossed and turned in her family's den, and then finally with a sigh she carefully stood up, trying not to disturb the sleeping bodies around her. She smiled softly at them, bent down to give her wife a kiss and then slowly picked her way out into the open night air. She moved away from the den until the steam from the hot springs billowed around her. She made her way up to a raised mound of earth and flopped to her belly, her red head resting on her legs. Blue eyes were drawn skyward as she watched the stars shine above her, tears gathering in her gaze. Was she truly doing the right thing for them?

Bacchus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
02-09-2015, 04:58 PM
He'd taken his time coming back to Fiori lands, wanting to be alone with his thoughts. He knew he wouldn't be missed, he often took to exploring at night, it was cooler now and the humidity of the east was not as intense during moonlit hours. His mismatched paws carried him easily back along the river that connected to the groves, but instead of going to the den his form would wander to pool he liked best. His mind was so clouded he was half in the water before he noticed his mother Amalia laying lazily on the land. He was slightly behind her and didn't see her expression, but even through what Vereux had said about what she'd done he felt to ill will towards her. Still the same feeling of love and comfort would take him. He was drawn to her presence, wading through the cold water towards her his expression would shift to a soft smile. There were still so many questions he had to ask, but he'd calmed during his walk home. Amalia would never do anything to intentionally hurt him or his brothers or mother. She was more a parent than the one who sired him, and the boy was well aware of that fact. "Momma?" He'd call out, curiosity mixed with the love in his voice. Quite a bit of time had passed since he'd called her by that name. At least before he'd gotten bigger than her.
""

Amalia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
02-09-2015, 05:09 PM

The soft sound of the water churning did not stir her, she hardly thought anything of it as the first few tears fell. She still felt terrible for what she did, but she didn't want her boys to see that terrible man again. She didn't hate him, just the choices that he had made. Athena and the boys were good wolves, true and kind as well as willing to do anything for the family. He didn't deserve them, not after leaving them more than once. As much as she hated to think it, she would have preferred if he had stayed away. A soft call rose her out from her thoughts, the voice of Bacchus calling out to her. She startled slightly, head lifting slowly as she sniffled and she rubbed the tears off her coloured face. She smiled sweetly as she saw the still growing form of his, ears pulling back softly as she eyed him. She had hardly noticed that he was gone from the den, but then again he was most nights. "Hello my child," she said softly, patting the earth beside her. Even though he had walked through the water a bit, she still picked up Vereux's scent on his pelt. Her heart melted softly as she looked away, waiting for him to join her side. "You saw him." She whispered, her fear and sadness making her voice thick. Turning back to face him, her blue eyes searched his face. He still looked at her with adoration, but she had heard the curiosity in his voice. She was expecting questions, and braced herself against them.

Bacchus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
02-09-2015, 06:10 PM
Amalia wouldn't turn until he voiced his presence, and he wouldn't have to wait long for an invitation closer. He wouldn't hesitate to come sit with her as she invited him more near. Just like he'd always done his now much larger form would snuggle closely to her. She already knew that he'd seen him and Bacchus knew then that she had indeed seen his father before. There were emotions in her voice that he had hoped he wouldn't hear again after she'd learned of Roman's death. Mismatched ears would fall to his skull as he looked into his mothers eyes, oddly neutral as he kept the innocent small smile on his features. He would only nod to answer her question, and his features would move to nuzzle her affectionately before he asked his first question, and really it would answer any others that lingered in his mind. "Do you really hate him?" The boy would whisper back into her fur as he pushed against her form.
""

Amalia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
02-09-2015, 06:33 PM

He came and snuggled up next to her, and her form relaxed against his. She just sat in the silence for awhile, feeling his head nod as he agreed to her statement. Blowing out a soft sigh she turned and placed a lick on his shoulder, trying to rest her head on top of his, eyes squeezing shut tight. What was he going to ask? No matter what she thought, she wasn't expecting that one. Did she hate him? Amalia opened her eyes and blinked, pulling her head back to gaze down at him, his head nuzzling into her fur. "who told you that, love? I have never said that I hate him, ever. Did he say that?" She asked with shock, her brows knitting together. She hadn't even told him that he hated her! Oh what a strong accusation to make against her! Amalia grumbled a bit, her head shaking back and forth slowly. "I don't hate anyone darling, and it was very rude of them to say that. That is accusing me of something that I never said. I don't hate Vereux, I just don't agree with the actions that he made and the paths that he chose to follow. That does not equal hate." Amalia said softly, bending down to nuzzle against his cheek. She didn't say anything after that, wondering if he had more questions.

Bacchus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
02-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Even through the tough emotions that filled him Bacchus could smile and enjoy the gentle company of his mother. She'd press back into him, the same comforting touch that had been there his whole life. He'd ask his simple question, and would feel as she pulled back to look at him and answer. He'd now notice the liquid pooling in her eyes, and he hoped it hadn't been something he'd done to make her sad. He'd resist the urge to nuzzle her as he found her cool stare. She would answer him first with a question, wanting to know if it had been Vereux who told him that. He would nod slowly in confirmation as she defended herself.

The added information she allowed him would really clear up all of the potential questions he had. She hadn't done it out of spite, or to hurt him and the rest of their family. She didn't want them to hurt anymore than they did, he could see the possibility of that with knowing that Vereux was still alive. "He still cares about us." He'd lean into her touch, smiling at her affection. He didn't have much else to say in the matter though, and was eager to drift away from such sad talks. "I love you," he'd say softly as he buried his face into her fur.
""

Amalia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
02-15-2015, 05:01 PM

He stated that the man still cared for them, and slowly her head would nod. Of course he did, one could not simply stop caring about those that they loved. She knew that she might have been harsh at Vereux, but... she just couldn't handle watching the boys and Athena go through that again. It tore them apart, and it put such a huge rut between her and her wife. She disliked that a lot, enough that it actually made her angry, but she let it all go with a shuttering sigh. "I know baby, I know he still cares about you. Who couldn't? You're the most perfect boys I could ever ask for, and I am proud to call myself your Momma," she said softly, playfully nipping at Bacchus' left ear. When he told her that he loved her, her heart nearly melted away. "I love you too baby boy, I always will. And you know that you can come and talk to me about anything, right? I am always here for you, dearest Bacchus," she pulled back, her gaze serious as she tired to hold his gaze. Only when she was sure that her message got across did she smile, kissing him tenderly on the cheek. Her eyes roamed up to the moon, blue eyes wide as she gazed fondly at it. "I love you to the moon and back."

Bacchus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
02-15-2015, 08:27 PM
Amalia didn't dispute his father's feelings for the family he'd left, but she didn't seem to encourage the growth of those thoughts. Instead she would praise him and the brothers that shared her as their mother, and he'd smile at the thought. He only wanted her love and affection, and knew that he would do anything for his tiny mom. He couldn't help the giggle she'd pull from his lips as her teeth nipped at his ear, though he'd settle as she continued, making sure she said i love you back. She wanted to make sure he understood what she was saying, that she would forever be there for him. He'd meet her gaze, bright rose red to her sky blue and the boy would nod with an understanding smile. She was his confidant, heart, and first love, and he was reassured that she was never going to leave him. He'd close his eyes at her kiss, resisting the urge to wipe it from his cheek before his eyes followed hers to the sky and back, his grin growing wider at her words. He'd fall into her again, like he had as a tiny pup. He'd sigh contentedly and in complete happiness and comfort. "I love you that much too," He'd answer, looking up at her in adoration.
""

Amalia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Evelyn
02-19-2015, 11:57 AM

His sweet giggle filled the air, making Ama beam up at her lovely boy. She was the luckiest woman in the world, to be surrounded by her wonderful family. Bacchus met her gaze and nodded, causing the tiny girl to fully relax against his frame. She would do anything for her babies, anything at all. They were her life, and she would gladly give up her own to keep them safe. Even though she did not birth them, she had been there from the start, and she would try her hardest to be around for them for a long, long time. When Bacchus sighed she glanced back down at him with a smile, her lower lip quivering at his kind words of love. She almost teared up, but just buried her face into the side of her neck. Taking in is sweet scent she pressed a lick there before pulling her head back. She was curious about what her boys wanted in life, and also wanted to tell them that they were never allowed to leave home. If they wanted girlfriends then they could come and live here, there was no way that she was letting her babies wander off. She had left her mother at a young age and regretted it. While that was the reason that she met Athena, she still missed those times with her family. Blue eyes gazed at his multi-toned face, her russet head tilting to one side. "What do you want to do when you grow up, Bacchus?" she asked softly. Did he want to be a healer like her, or a fighter like his mother. Or did he want something totally different?

Bacchus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
02-19-2015, 02:17 PM
He'd lean into his mother's snuggles, the boy eventually leaning to his back and putting his upturned features into Amalia's paws as she gave him another kiss and continued with their talk. She'd ask him what it was he wanted to do when he was big. Thoughts of Vereux would be remembered as the man had told him get strong, so he might be able to fight off those that would seek to give him harm. "I want to be strong." He'd tell her confidently in his answer. There wasn't any more instruction given, as this had really been the first night for him to think about his future. He was just now learning to hunt, and fighting had hardly been introduced yet. Ama's few little mutterings of herbs he'd heard would kind of stick, but he really couldn't hope to heal anything himself. All he could do was lick his wounds now. Though being strong didn't only have to do with physical strength but being a well rounded warrior, he'd need skills from all aspects of life if he wanted to be successful.
""