gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
02-11-2015, 11:46 PM

She didn't even know what time of day it was, or, hell, even what day it was when she left Bass's den and made her way back to her own. All she knew was that she could sleep for a week, and never wanted to face life again. She very carefully skirted around the ways to Rhythm's den, keeping as far as possible from that heart-wrenching reminder as she could as she made her way back to her own den. She stopped outside of her 'home' and paired inside, only to be greeted by the scent of her sister, and remembered they had shared a night together not that long ago, through, hell, she couldn't even remember how long ago the last night they had shared together was – through she was sure she hadn't properly slept since that night.

She backed out again, unwilling to go in there and let that scent envelop her, it no longer held the restful serenity it once had, and so she found herself sitting in the rain once more, through she was so use to the feeling of being wet at that point that it probably didn't matter -surely her bones couldn't get any colder or her immune system any more compromised. She started walking then, she didn't know where her feet lead her, and at that point really she didn't remember how to care.

When she stopped outside the den of Shai and Shaye she hesitated, uncertain, she didn't believe she was welcome here, and had been giving Shai space ever since he joined, knowing he was here for their daughter and not for Motif herself. This last little reminder of how alone she was broke her, and she sat down outside the entrance, unable to go on, either further forward or back, because who was she kidding? She had no where else to go, but this was the life she had chosen, she might have had a chance with Shai once, but she had turned her back on him for Rhythm, and she was learning now what a grave mistake that had been, how, in the end, it had left her alone and broken.

""

[/b]

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
02-12-2015, 12:23 AM
He'd leave his little Shaye in the care of her aunt and cousins before making his way back to the den. He still found himself thinking too often of Gwena and the love he'd shared with her. Having time on his own to think had been the best medicine. Slowly he was growing more confident and sure of his choice to follow Shaye back to the place of her birth. He was more sure of his decision than he ever thought he'd be, but there was one thought he'd still yet to explore.

Motif was standing outside the den as he approached, she seemed lost as she sat at the entrance, had she been waiting for him long? "Motif, are you alright" He'd ask as his tall form drew more near to her. After their talk before coming here he was still hesitant to touch the woman, but he knew that if he allowed himself his affection for her would have no bounds. Was he ready to make a commitment like that yet?
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
02-12-2015, 12:56 AM

Through his scent was strong within his den, it would turn out he would not be home. She hadn't bothered to check when she had collapsed, senseless outside his home, but would realize this now as he approached behind her. He called out her name, and that soft and gentle voice, that strange accent, and the way he caressed the syllables of her title. She groaned and managed to pull her head from the earth to look at him, through she must look a terrible sight. Her fur was soaked and mattered, her eyes dulled and pained, and her sudden lack of confidence and exhaustion was so clear in the painful way she held herself. It was safe to say, that Motif felt like shit, and unlovable.

He had asked her if she was alright, and she was uncertain how to reply, I mean the obvious answer was no that she didn't know if she might ever feel alright again, but how could she tell him that? How could she burden him with such a thing, when he wasn't ready to commit to her, when all they shared was the child.

Yet, even as she wallowed in her self pity she drew herself up and forced a wobbly smile upon her lips “Shai, I.. I was looking for you' she said, shaking out her coat in attempt to put some order in it.

""

[/b]

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
02-12-2015, 01:03 AM
He wouldn't realize how rough she looked until she listed herself from the earth to get a better look at him. Already he could see the listlessness in her eyes and the sad state of her coat. How could she have changed so quickly, what had happened to the all to eager Motif he knew as his daughter's mother. She wouldn't answer his question, instead would make known that she had been looking for him. Obviously she'd found his den empty and was waiting.

Maybe it was wrong of him, but he couldn't help but see the same emotion within her that held him prisoner. With out much thinking Shai found his way to her side, tucking himself close to her after she shook out her pelt just a little. "were you?" He'd ask softly, she reminded him so much of Shaye. He just wanted to hold her close and tell her everything was going to be alright.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
02-12-2015, 01:17 AM

Without waiting for any prompts he wold move himself towards her and she would collapse her weight into his steady, stronger form, desperately craving his presence and strength in that moment, through she hadn't realized until he had moved to her that that was what she needed most in the world right at that moment. She hadn't even realized she was shaking until her body was against his still form, now how cold she was been until she had found his warmth. Then, despite herself, she would collapse into tears, folding her head against his coat, burying herself there as through she could forget who she was and melt into his presence.

“Shai, Shai, she left me.. my sister, she chose another pack over me, and I don't know how I can go on without her” she hiccuped, pulling him closer still, needing him so badly, wanting no spaces between their bodies, and then before she knew what she was doing she was placing kisses along his jawline, pulling closer still to her, needing him, needing to be loved, needing to believe that she could still be loved.

""

[/b]

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
02-12-2015, 01:32 AM
He hadn't expected to feel how cold she was, not had he seen the shaking until she pushed against him. He hadn't expected her to so easily take solace in him as tears started falling for her buried features. He'd lay his head gently over her own as she melted against him. His name would roll of her lips as she tried to explain what had happened. He'd listen, but would barely feel her stir before she was placing kisses all along his jaw line. She seemed so helpless, and he too felt the loneliness as she did. Having their daughter with him or not he missed the feeling of Gwena next to him. "Shh, I'm sure she'll come and visit." He would shift, pulling her closer to his belly as he wrapped his decorated ankle around her. He again felt more like this was the tiny delicate daughter they had together instead of the grown woman in his arms. He'd show her the same level of affection he gave Shaye when she was sad or too tired to realize she was ready to nap. He'd groom her ears and back of her neck gently, offering an easy affection in return for her kisses. "You could spend more time with Shaye.. and.. me?" He'd slowl say as he eased some of the mats from her beautiful fur.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
02-12-2015, 01:51 AM

As she buried herself against him he would answer by holding her close, and that firm grip became her sanity, what held her to this earth and her breathing would come in quick little gasps as she tried to both let out and hold in her deep, crushing sadness. She was expecting Shai to pull away from her – after all she looked at utter wreck, she was trying in his arms, and she was kissing him, pulling him close. But in response he tucked her too him and tried to offer soothing words. He told her she might visit, as through this might ease her sadness. “Shhh, She's been banned by Bass, because he risked his life for her and she threw it back in his face” she hiccuped more words, burying her head in his neck.

In response to her kisses he would begin to gently groom about her ears, through it wasn't the reaction she had been looking for she melted into it anyway. His next words would be a surprise, indicating he wanted to spend more time with her, as through they where a family.. spending time with Shai and Shaye. She began kissing him again, a little more furiously then before, she began to nip him, and tugged roughly on his ear, she needed to be loved, she needed to feel like she could be, to be worth of him, to know he wanted her, she whimpered softly, her pained heart unable to deal with this any other way

""

[/b]

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
02-12-2015, 12:14 PM
Holding her was easy, seeing her so distressed was not. He'd hold her close, like it seemed she needed to be, as she explained further her woes. He still wouldn't really understand her, but he knew what banishment was all too well. He wasn't sure if he wanted to dwindle there either. Maybe he'd get some real answers once she'd calmed down. Still, he could hardly even believe what she'd told him. That sweet little she wolf that looked so much like Motif herself, surely couldn't have done something so terrible that she deserved to be banished?

His words would send them in a totally different direction as Motif's wordless reaction fully dissipated any of their previous conversation. Her kisses would not be ignored as she showed him how much he was needed. She'd whimper softly in his ear as she tugged at his lobe with little tenderness. She'd elicit a playful growl from his maw as he returned those eager nips along her neck. He'd hold himself back, no matter how much he wanted to love her, she seemed like she might break at the slightest touch. He was worried about her. He'd continue to play with her soaked fur, trying to dry the poor thing. "Motif," he'd kiss her more slowly, "You should rest first." He'd nuzzle her tenderly, "Sleep in my den, I'll make sure you get dry."

He had no intentions of letting anything happen to Motif. Not only because of their child, Shaye would have been devastated to see her like this, but because he knew that he couldn't lose the woman. He had no doubt that she wouldn't put up much of a fight. "We can start where we left off when you wake up." He'd promise.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
02-12-2015, 04:56 PM

Her blood began to beat with excitement, and for the first time since Rhythm had done this to her she felt alive she wanted to drown out the memories of her, with Shai, she wanted to smell and know and feel nothing but him. When he growled playfully she would nip harder, excited by his reaction. But Shai's kisses would slow, they would become less intense as he gently groomed her coat and her head would fall against his coat, her caressed would stop. Her heart still hammered in her chest from the sudden excitement, but there was a lump in her throat that made it hard to breath through. Of course he didn't want her, no one wanted her, and how could she expect it to be any other way? She was utterly unlovable.

However his voice was soft, and it was not rejection he spoke of, and well his touches weren't like that they where soft, and gentle, and sweet. She pulled back to look at him, to see the tender affection in his eyes, mingled with worry and something that looked frighteningly like love, and the pain that was building up around her heart melted away. “Oh, Shai” she whispered in wonder, because when she wasn't deluding herself, she knew she had come here in search of cheap love, and instead she had found.. this, something precious, and wonderful, and young, blooming between them.

Then, to top it all off her could confirm that this was no rejection, that he was willing to wait for her, wait until she was in a better place, to love him because she loved him, and not because she was alone. She blinked rapidly, her eyes oddly moist, but this time her heart wasn't heavy, it was elated, and flying. Groaning, she pulled herself to her feet, still half mushed against Shai. “I think you're the sensible one” she murmured softly to him, as she started to walk into the den he and Shaye often shared.

""

[/b]

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
02-12-2015, 10:01 PM
Her similarly sunny gaze found his own as he insisted that she rest and recover lest he hurt her. She'd whisper his name like he'd done exactly what she needed but he'd only been following his heart. He wanted to please her, to again feel that incredible connection they'd shared once. He had a chance with Motif, and he had no intention of throwing that away. A soft smile would play at his lips as she threw up no protests to his request, he'd catch a glimpse of the liquid that had taken up residence in her eyes. Surely the last of her tears had not yet fallen.

Already though, still not sure what he'd done or how he was able, she looked much more like her beautiful self. Her physical appearance wouldn't change but her emotional state had and that would be enough to bring about an incredible difference. He wouldn't leave her side as he brought himself from the ground, nuzzling at her haunches comfortingly as she slipped inside the den. There wasn't an incredible amount of room inside, but there was enough that the pair could cuddle comfortably. Not that Shai intended on sleep, first he wanted to dry her fur.

He'd curl himself protectively around her as she settled down, content to sit and talk with her until rest found her, or simply watch over her until she could once more boast health.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
02-12-2015, 10:34 PM

The two would rise together, he seemed more then happy to be beside her, certainly he made no move to pull away, and now that her rationality was back she was sensible enough to feel a little sheepish – what had she been thinking, and poor Shai, finding her broken outside his den and suddenly so eager for him, even when the last time that had happened had brought consequences to them both. She found no judgement or rejection in Shai, despite everything, and finding her broken her drew her in close and cared for her and it was an act of kindness that she would never in the rest of her years forget.

As she had come here to do, she forgot Rhythm for a while, through the embrace she had sought was not the embrace she received, it was perhaps one that better soothed her soul. So the pair moved into the small den and curled up comfortably together on the floor. She enjoyed the close proximity to him, through she couldn't quite call him hers, a little part of her whispered it, and was satisfied in being here with him.

His larger frame would curl about her, and she would find safety and warmth and comfort. She leaned her head over his paws and closed her eyes, humming softly in contentment as he continued to groom her fur dry, the administrations here lovely and already she felt sleepy, but she wasn't quite yet prepared to close her eyes and let sleep take her from this.

""

[/b]

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
02-13-2015, 05:25 PM
As he suspected Motif would give him no fight as they ventured into the den together. She'd easily fit into his grasp, curling perfectly at his side as her features came to rest on his large pillow like paws. She'd close her eyes as he gently went over her fur with his tongue, helping rid the excess water from her form. He wasn't sure that she hadn't gotten a sickness already with her shivering cold body. Her humming would sooth him as well, knowing that she was already so far from the she wolf that lay broken at his den. He knew how much Rhythm meant to her, and he couldn't imagine how much this was tearing her apart.

He wouldn't say a word though, his focus on making sure she dried and assuring her peaceful rest. He'd pick up the quiet melody she was humming, he'd fins himself placing tender kisses on her skin as his salmon tongue roved her figured.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
02-13-2015, 05:42 PM

She studiously refused to let her mind wonder to Rhythm, blocking all memory of the day from her mind as she relaxed into Shai's administrations. She would let it all come flooding back in another day, tomorrow, or the day after perhaps, but for tonight there was no 'Rhythm' in her memories. The large paws of the brute where soft and comfortable beneath her head, and her body was entwined with his, already the heat of him had cooled her shivering, and her mattered coat was slowly being groomed into submission by Shai himself.

Her soft hum would soon be joined with the deeper tone of his, and together they would sit without speaking, wrapped in each other and the sounds of their soft, content music, rising from them like a purr. In this moment, she loved Shai more then she had loved anyone in her entire life, and she would realize exactly what it was she had been turning her back to.

""

[/b]

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
02-13-2015, 06:14 PM
He'd lay with her like that until she fell asleep, her humming quietly coming to an end. He wouldn't stop the melody as he continued to groom her from head to all twenty toes. Her sleep would continue into the night, he half expected Shaye to show up but his daughter seemed content with whoever it was she found herself spending time with. He would eventually fall asleep as well, laying his pierces features upon Motif's neck he'd hold her until the morning.

Still she would sleep, and he would let her. Her sleep was heavy enough he would sneak away, eager to round up breakfast for the two of them. Especially for Motif, she needed all the extra energy she could get. Even that which she might spend finding her food. He'd run into a bit of luck this morning. He hadn't been tracking the deer for very long, but a small herd had been through the plains recently. He'd eventually catch up to them, but all were perfectly healthy. He was a big wolf, but even the smaller deer were hard to bring down. Especially now that the fawns were a season old.

He'd almost turned away to find something easier when one of them noticed him and sent the herd scattering in a panic. In the haste a younger animal would step into what seemed like a deep mole's hole. Bright sunny eyes would watch as the limb snapped in half. With the rest of the deer gone, and the young doe screaming in pain the giant would approach.

Taking its life was easy, dragging the carcass back to his den was another story. She was about the same size as himself, only slightly taller. Eventually he'd find himself at the entrance Motif till looking completely asleep. If Shaye did return she'd have plenty to fill her belly with.

Forgetting the meal for now the tall wolf slipped back to the chocolate girl's side, finding himself more than eager to return there. He knew there was a simple affection he felt towards her, but after the previous night he wasn't sure that was all he had lingering in his chest.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
02-13-2015, 10:40 PM

Despite her intention to not close her eyes, to not let this moment pass, she began to slip away. It was his soft melody, joining in with hers that had her lost to the world. She let the sweet sound of it was over her, sweep away the darkness in her soul, the memory of the pain wrought to her heart that day. She slept deep and long, knowing nothing when Shai slipped away from her, and the warmth of his body still lingered in her coat, and in the cozy den he had claimed for himself.

She would stir however when he returned to her, slipping in beside her once more and the scent of deer wafted from his fangs to her senses. Drowsily, blinking, she opened her eyes, groaning and stretching as she did so. She scented the deer stronger now that she was awake and her eyes moved to the hint of blood still in his fangs. “Had breakfast without me?” she teased him drowsily, feeling in much better mood, and in the early morning she was yet to remember the tragedy of the day before.

""

[/b]

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
02-13-2015, 11:09 PM
Motif wouldn't move again until he was disturbing her upon his return, his movement mixed with the scent of a fresh kill easily bringing her from the deep healing slumber she needed. The girl blinked open her eyes and groaned as she stretched out, the sight bringing an amused smile to his lips as he watched her. She was much more relaxed and at ease this morning. She seemed absolutely adorable. He'd nuzzle her affectionately as she teased him, "Not a single bite." He'd answer her, though he looked gory he had consumed nothing yet. Mostly because he needed a short break from the rough physical activity of dragging the thing back.

He found himself unable to tear his form away from her side again, his larger form curled beside her. He wouldn't leave her, "Do you want me to bring you some in or would you rathe rather come out?" He was finding himself wanting to help her in every way he could.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
02-13-2015, 11:25 PM

She would look up into Shai's eyes and decided it was a beautiful thing to wake up to his smile. He would nuzzle into her affectionately and she would lift her hear and admire the gentle caress, taking as much from it as he would allow. He would answer her question then, telling her not a single bite, and there would a dangerous gleam in her smile as she replied. “Oh... so I don't have to get my taste from... here” she purred, nodding her head in the direction of the tiny flecks of blood still around his mouth.

He would offer to get the prey or that she could eat it where it was and she sighed, stretched again, and pulled herself to her feet, through she also was reluctant to part from his touch. “I'll keep whats left of my pride and walk a few steps” she teased him, and moved over to where he had left the prey.

""

[/b]

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
02-15-2015, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2015, 10:02 PM by Shai.)
He'd catch Motif's eye as she slowly awoke, her little smile refreshing from the previous night. She looked much less disheveled thanks to his grooming, and all around seemed much better this morning than the last surely. She'd lean easily into his affections as he answered her, though with her teasing reply he almost expected her to kiss him as she gazed up at his bloodied lips. He'd snicker, "You could still try." Though he'd resist the urge to lean down and kiss her himself she was already moving, out of the den and towards the carcass he'd gotten for her. She wouldn't let him help her, and he was impressed with her resolve as she slipped from his grasp. He'd find himself smiling fondly after her, and enjoying the view of her leaving a little too much.

He'd follow her closely though, finding himself nipping at her haunches playfully as she found the kill. His form would slide up her side as he went to find a place next to her to break into the meal he'd labored over. Happy to let her eat her fill from the kill.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
02-20-2015, 03:20 PM

She could almost swear she felt sparks between them in that heated moment, and she did lean forward the tiniest bit before pulling away and rising to her feet in the direction of the kill. Perhaps she was playing with him a little, teasing him and baiting him, but also not quite giving herself to him either. No, she had already tried that tactic, and if he wanted her he would just have to play her game... and she would play it, until he wanted her.

She strutted from the cave to the kill, resisting the urge to look back and see if he watched her with an effort of will. As she neared the kill she would feel his presence and know that he had come with her, right before the nips where placed at her hunches, and she would flick her tail at him, turning back as she did so, a coy smile teasing at her lips and her eyes where fire with desire for him.

She did nothing further to play on the fire in her eyes however, but to lower her eyes and look up at him from her lashes, a dangerous smile beginning to twitch on her lips before she turned from him again as he came up beside, and she would tear into the kill with a relish, growling softly beneath her breath as she tore free a chunk and began to eat, as she did so, she would allow none of her body to touch him. Oh no, by the time she was finished with him, he would be begging her for just a kiss.

""

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
02-21-2015, 12:03 AM
He could have sworn the woman had leaned in just the slightest amount as she joked, but she moved away so quickly he wasn't completely sure. Not that he didn't easily get her back with his playful nips to the dark fur on her hips. She'd swish her long tail at him as he caught her sly smile, both pairs of brilliant yellow eyes catching the sun as he tried to eat beside her.

Even as Motif dug into her meal she'd slide away from him, not letting a single strand of fur touch as she made good use of her teeth. He'd watch her curiously for a moment before lowering his own features into the kill. He'd smile softly as he stepped over the deer to face the chocolate colored woman. He'd watch her hungrily as he ate, knowing full well that the flesh he consumed would do nothing to sedate the feeling.