ardent

The World's Enemy

Alvin

gems
size
build
player
02-12-2015, 11:55 PM
Boring this place was. Maybe it was because Alvin wasn't big yet, maybe it was because Bass didn't want him or his brother's going too far from the pack lands. Whatever it was, Alvin hated it. He woke up every morning and it was either sit on the top of a hill and watch the wolves go by, or sit and stare at the fish swimming in the river. He had grown accustomed to it, but he sure wasn't having any fun.

Today he went to the rapids, looking down at the fish as he always did. But he had a sudden desire to start reaching his paw inside the rushing water. But it went from a little ripple to a whole paw as he watched the fish flee from his harmless touch. He wasn't going to eat them, he couldn't even fish. But he found it oddly amusing how scared they were of such a thoughtless movement.

If Bass caught him half way in the water right now, he would probably lose his mind in thinking that Alvin would be drowning right after his father. Too bad the man wasn't here, Alvin was thinking about jumping in...

Walk "Talk" Think

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
02-13-2015, 01:09 AM
 "Y-you gotta be careful.." His timid voice barely called over the rushing of the waters, and he wasn't sure if it could be heard over the sounds. He had been wandering along, as silent as a little bird, searching for new plants to take home and ask their names in Italian. His knowledge was slowly growing with each new word he learned, but he easily forgot them. Except for the ones for the flowers, if his father knew the word for them. Those stuck with him, more so than the words for animals or stones or even his parents. His little tongue could move along the new words and tones easily, it was only his memory that failed him at points. He had walked along the embankment of the river, searching for new flowers that he hadn't seen. It wasn't often that Starling found himself in this part of the packlands, often sticking close to the den and his siblings. But as he grew older, the need to adventure grew stronger. Even if it wasn't leaving the borders (which Starling had done from time to time) he still felt a little anxiety wandering too far from his home.

Clearing his throat, now, he lowered his head and shifted his eyes away from the young wolf in the water. He had seen him at a distance and watched as he stepped more and more into the rushing and unsafe waters, and his anxiety skyrocketed. This boy could easily be swept away, and Starling knew he did not have the strength or the know-how to save him. Prevention was key, after all. So he had rushed towards him and spoke without really thinking.

His head seemed to sink lower to the ground as he flicked wavering eyes back to the boy. He knew the stranger was part of his pack, but he hadn't really seen him. But then again, Starling always had his nose in the grass he barely noticed the season slipping by. "I-if...you fall, I mean. I...umh, I can't save you.." He whispered, looking up at him again and offering a small smile. Starling wasn't much younger than him, he thought, but he was still shy around new wolves.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Alvin

gems
size
build
player
02-13-2015, 02:05 AM
The voice of another would catch Alvin's attention. First, he looked forward with pricked ears until he turned his head slightly towards the voice though not enough to actually see him. And then he would back up his front legs that had made their way into the water and rest them on the side of the bank. Only then would he start to face the boy with a raised brow and a rather judgmental face.

"Oh, please." He spoke arrogantly almost as if he were the most important wolf on this earth, "Both my parents died within the last eight months. Chances are pretty low that I jump into the water and get swept away and drown."

Chances were pretty low... If you believed in that stuff. Though if Karma were a thing, it'd be hitting Alvin every twenty seconds. His behavior should have swept him away and killed him, but here he was still trekking around. Having other's look after him. Annoying. He already had Bass trying to control his life and put him in training and whatnot. Alvin didn't need his little heathens running after him doing the same thing. He could look out fine for himself. He'd be okay; okay enough to get the hell out of here when he was ready.

Walk "Talk" Think

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
02-13-2015, 05:10 AM
 "Oh.." He breathed, shifting uncomfortably. This boy seemed to hold an air of power, perhaps it was just his ego or his arrogance, but Starling was much too young to understand what that meant. He just stood there, shifting from one paw to another as he looked from the stranger to the ground and back again. He wasn’t comfortable meeting new people, especially ones that seemed to stand above him. While he wasn’t really Prince material, he was the alpha’s son. It wasn’t so much that he felt he was due manners and people being polite with him...it was more that he had never come across someone that showed him something else. Shifting his paws again his lifted his eyes from a blade of grass he had managed to focus on, back to the boy.

"I...I-I’m terribly sorry..." He whispered, brows pinching and ears falling back. He couldn’t imagine his life without his mom and dad, he couldn’t imagine being alone, or knowing that they were gone. Death was a very foreign concept to Starling, he had barely even seen a butterfly die. Sure, he ate meat, but he had yet to see one fall. As far as he knew, everything was alive and stayed alive. It was almost...jarring, how matter of factly this boy spoke of the fact that his parents had died...recently! With a deep breath, he looked away again to stop the stinging in his eyes, sighing to release the tension swelling in his chest. "What’s your name?" He breathed, looking back up at the child, trying to be friendly. He knew if he were alone...he wouldn’t want to be. Perhaps he needed a friend? He shifted a paw towards him, taking a hesitant step towards him. "M-my name is Starling...Bass and Wren’s son..." He trailed off then, fidgeting his paws and shifting his gaze away, unsure how to go about this.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Alvin

gems
size
build
player
02-13-2015, 04:02 PM
"I'm gettin' along just fine without 'em." His eyes were still narrowed at the boy who had seemed to be giving Alvin his regards. Sure Alvin liked attention, but his parents were a whole other deal that he didn't care much to discuss. They weren't here, and that was it. But as the boy looked back down and away from Alvin, Alvin would raise a brow to his response afterwards. Not recognizing the "stinging" in his eyes, he was still confused as to what his problem was.

"Alvin."

He would address himself as Starling, and then Bass and Wren's son. And he would quickly roll his eyes with a loud sigh, "Uhh, does he have his children after me too?" He looked back down into the water to see that a fish had returned back up stream and he would poke one of his paws back into the water to watch it flee again. He didn't need anyone babysitting him. Darrah was doing a good job at that, at least in Alvin's eyes. The boy was as free as they come, besides the fact that Bass was keeping an intense eye on him.

Walk "Talk" Think

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
02-15-2015, 08:36 AM
 He was rather...innocent, that was a good word for it. He felt emotions strongly, and he really had no control over them. With a gentle sigh he moved to relax on his haunches, his back curled as he lowered his head towards the ground. Confidence shot. But did he have very much of that to begin with? "Oh.." He whispered so softly. He tilted his head towards the spring, watching the water rush and bubble against the surface before he turned back to the boy. He introduced himself as Alvin, and Starling offered him a small smile, hoping that this awkwardness would go away. But he doubted it, Starling was awkward afterall. Before he managed to think of something else to say Alvin spoke again and he blinked in surprise. "Who’s children?" He asked with a tilt of his head, blinking his large blue eyes up at the boy. And then it clicked and he felt heat flush through him at the almost accusation.  "I...I umh..No, I don’t think so? I haven’t...even heard of you before.." How could he be “after” him when he didn’t even know the kid? He quickly looked away then, possibly seeming more guilty than he should (because he was entirely innocent) as he studied the stream again. "S-so Alvin...what do you...umh, what do you do for fun?" He asked softly, giving him an awkward smile.

"Burn Baby Burn"