Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
02-16-2015, 01:21 AM
Odette walked through the pack lands, enjoying the winter scenery. Even though spring was hitting everywhere else in Ala, her home remained pristine and white. She was proud and loved seeing the same thing every morning when she woke up. The fact was, she was eager to continue living up here and admiring the world that her father had loved so much.

Her large paws carried her across the snow, leaving imprints on the ground until she stopped near the waterfall. She reclined to her haunches and looked at the land stretching out in front of her. How could anyone disagree with this climate? Especially when it was so wonderful, so quiet...so enviously beautiful? One could only wonder...

Miksa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Anais
02-20-2015, 10:33 PM
Walk | Talk | Think

He was happy to be back, there was no denying it. While the Waterfall and...well, everything, did not look quite the way he remembered from his younger days, there was still a familiarity about the woods and snow that made Miksa feel comfortable even when he felt somewhat like a stranger otherwise. So long as he kept himself moving, thinking about the pack and whatever skill he wanted to pursue - which he still needed to figure out - everything was fine. He could hunt, he could patrol, he could contribute and pretend that he was a competent, capable wolf making a dent in his pack and pulling his weight.

But when it came down to it he was lonely. The prolonged absence of his family was beginning to eat away at him, and as they had distanced themselves from him he began to do the same to the pack. He might have tried to make an effort, but it was all done in the shadows, all on his own, without anyone there to slap on praise or approval or any sort of positive connotation with what he was doing. And that, in turn, only fed into his rising self-doubt, creating a cycle that continued to pull him down.

He was still trying to decide what to do with himself on this day, his steps aimless as he drew him nearer to the waterfall and unknowingly toward the one who was enjoying herself there beside it. It took crossing her scent for Miksa to realize that Odette was near, and drawing his gaze up to look at her he was somewhat startled. "Odette," he stated in mild surprise, stopping short and lowering his gaze meekly, "I didn't see you there."

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
02-22-2015, 09:53 PM
The quiet that had taken over her mind and surroundings (despite the waterfall) didn't last for long. Instead, she heard soft steps upon the snow before she caught the scent of her fellow Glaciem member. Red and blue eyes had closed before Miksa appeared, but that didn't mean her face would keep away any emotions. She smiled to herself and his presence when he revealed how surprised he was.

It was then that she opened her eyes and turned to look at him with her tender gaze. "I thought I stood out like a sore thumb," she warmly said in teasing tones. "It is you whom I would have a hard time finding...Definitely a pro for living in the North." Red and blue eyes twinkled as she nodded her head to indicate welcoming him beside her. "Settling in all right?"

Miksa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Anais
03-04-2015, 01:38 AM
Walk | Talk | Think

Still he kept his gaze averted, though his tan-colored ears were trained upon the woman to listen to everything that she had to tell him. Her tones were as warm as ever, friendly and welcoming and such a delight after the quiet that had been following him around, as well as the voice that occupied his mind. It was no malevolent voice, no, but that of his own thoughts, the one that reminded him of his loneliness, of the absence of his family, and of his impending need to finally choose a direction in which to carry out his life. This, having an actual conversation with another wolf rather than arguing with himself in the isolation of his own mind, was just what he needed in order to feel at least a little normal again.

He hardly knew how to respond to her opinion regarding his coloration - it was more or less true, and he was sure if he put his mind to it that he could disappear into the snow if he tried - and he hesitated a moment before he answered her inquiry about his adjustment. "Okay, I think," he stated, his voice lacking enough conviction to even convince himself of its full truth. Sure, he had settled in alright, had found himself a den and a quiet place to call his own inside the pack's new norther borders, but that did not necessarily mean he was entirely happy with things.

Bringing up unhappy news for himself was not something that he was keen on doing, especially when he knew not what type of answer he might get once it was asked, but the need to know and his desperation for just a little hint at where his family members were was nagging at him enough to make him speak up, surprisingly, of his own accord. "Have you...seen my mom?" he asked timidly, daring to lift his yellow eyes once to glance quickly into Odette's face before lowering again, not yet brave enough to read her thoughts there if they should be visible to him. He much rather preferred having things broken to him through her gentle voice.

Aures

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
03-08-2015, 07:20 PM
She watched his timid approach and her eyes didn't waver. He had the potential to be a great warrior, not to mention learn how to defend his home and heal those injured. All of her members had it, especially the ones who were excited to learn in the future. The Alphess was indeed happy to see that her family was coming together and making her world brighter.

But, his question about her mother made the bright light slightly fade. Her smile faltered and a soft sigh slipped through her lips. For the first time in a long time, Odette looked away from the young male and finally gave him her answer. "I...haven't seen her since the move was announced," she honestly said. "I haven't heard anything about her once we settled down here, but I hope that she is all right...wherever she is."

Miksa

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Anais
03-09-2015, 02:52 PM
Walk | Talk | Think

Odette sighed and Miksa felt his heart sink. They aren't okay, the loud, pessimistic voice that inhabited his mind warned, already prepping him for the worst case scenario. Something's happened and they aren't coming back. You'll never see them again. But what? Shtiya had always been the adventurous type, true, but Qanik had been a devoted pack member, earning status and rank wherever she ended up. It was not like either of them to stay away for so long, and the mostly white boy worried about being without them.

The news his pack leader had for him was not the dreaded stuff he had been expecting, but it did not mean his family was safe. With a little effort, he managed to mutter a quiet, ""Oh," as he tried not to simply crumble under the weight of his loneliness, taking a moment to gather himself up and steel himself against the possibility that he might very well be the last of his family alive. It was a hard truth to accept, one that he was still not sure how to come to terms with. "I haven't seen Shtiya either," Miksa added after a moment, his voice quiet. "I miss them."