gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
02-23-2015, 02:03 AM
Ooc: takes place at the same time as the Imp/Lyd siege. Two for one!

Heart racing, pushing adrenaline through his system, Kass stalked closer to the border. His fur stood on end as though a bolt of electricity had sizzled through his veins. Behind him was arrayed the combined forces of three packs - three small packs, but nonetheless not an inconsiderable force. Nervous, yes, but... excited. He wasn't just sitting back and doing nothing while the world was sucked down into a morass of evil. He was doing what he could to make the world a better place, even if he didn't really like the way he was needing to go about it. A deep breath, and he cast his eyes over those following him. The sight left him shaken. Wolves would be hurt, could die today. What was he thinking? Sigmarr, or Sindri? How could he do something this stupid? No... He shook his head sharply, settling himself into a fighter's stance. His siblings made their own choices, just as he did. No one here was forced to be - they'd all made their choices back in Ebony. He could not back down now, not when there was so much on the line. Risk everything in a face to face fight, or risk everything by hiding his head in the sand and waiting for the danger to overtake them. Don't put it off any longer. He lifted his muzzle in an act of fairness, to release a firm howl announcing their presence. Let those who did not wish to face them flee now, because anyone else would be presumed an enemy. "Let's go," he spoke grimly, before surging forward to cross the border and invade Arcanum's territory.

""

Nikolai

gems
size
build
player
02-23-2015, 02:23 AM

Nikolai followed close to the group as they neared the Arcanum boarder. It was too late to turn back now. His heart was pounding and it felt like every piece of hair on his body was standing on end. There was a low ruble of nervousness and terror under his excitement. Was this not what he wanted? A reason to wake up? Some purpose for his life? Now he wasn't so sure, but he had given his word and he was going to follow it through. He listened to Kassander's howl, that sound making it all feel far too real. Then, at his King's prompting, he raced in as well with teeth bared. If they were going to do this there would be no holding back on his part. So far his elbow had given him no trouble today... he just hoped that would stay the case for his own sake. He was sure they were going to meet quite a few vicious fighters in this battle, he didn't need any disadvantages today.

"Speech" 'thoughts'

Hephaestus

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
02-23-2015, 07:59 AM
Hephaestus trotted grimly along near Kassander as he led the pack to war. To war! Kassander! It was so unlike his auburn brother that for a time after he'd announced his intentions Hephaestus was still trying to decide if it was meant to be a joke. But no - and the more Hephaestus thought about it, the more clear it became, and the more sound Kassander's reasoning became. He could only be grateful that Svetlana and Gaia and Andromeda were safe among the noncombatants. The more he thought about what Kassander said, the more clear the danger to them had become, and a righteous and protective anger roared within him. Someone in this pack had hurt Sindri and Sigmarr. This pack had betrayed their allegiance to the Olympians. They were the single fallen tree damming the river and threatening land with a flood of death and destruction, and the only way to save the lives there would be to destroy that tree. It was simple. It was logical. Kassander stopped them outside of Arcanum's borders to howl before he leaped forward over the border, and Hephaestus followed.

Fendar

Loner
Ebon Knight

gems
size
Extra large
build
player
02-23-2015, 11:24 AM

As they made their way to the opposing pack, he stuck close to Nikolai's side. They had both been in the war, although Fendar had been one of the only ones to stay and fight, at least who got away with their life. He knew that Niko almost lost his leg, and half of Fendar's sight had been taken away. The scar over his silver eye burned like a memory, but he stood strong with his pack. He was going to damn well make sure that he got everyone out of here alive and well, even if that meant his death. The auburn man was aging, and he wasn't going to let old age kill him off. Nope, he was going to die fighting. If this was that day, then oh well. Looking down at everyone, he blew out a shuddering sigh. It was time. The howl had been called and the sound of war was at their heels. It was time, and there was no going back now. Closing his metallic eyes he took a deep breath, pushing away all of his anxiety and fears. There was no place for that here. When his eyes snapped back open he picked up the pace to catch back up to Niko, his frame towering over everyone there.

Mirajane

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-23-2015, 12:17 PM

Mirajane was sticking close by Hephaestus' side. She was growing to respect Kassander, and the others with them seemed nice and all, but it was Hephaestus she felt closest to... even if they barely knew one another. This was scary, and exciting as well. She feverishly tried to recall every word her father had ever said about battle, war, fighting. Certainly the young girl was building herself up into a false sense of confidence, but better that than to be petrified. Then, sooner than she would have anticipated, Kassander gave the word. She took in a deep breath, the smell of another pack invading her senses as she crossed the line. She had never dared to do something like this before, would have never thought herself capable of it, but... Well, she wasn't a baby anymore, and this was life. Her hackles were up and her teeth flashed, ready for this thing to begin.

"Talk" "You" Think

Björn

gems
size
build
player
02-23-2015, 08:46 PM
So few of the Ebony wolves showed enthusiasm for this war of theirs. In contrast the ghostly warrior was animated, his pale purple eyes wide and glinting with an inner fire. His profuse pelt bristled, the pale hairs rippling restlessly. His oversized, ursine paws and long legs carried him faster than the combined Ebony and Abaven wolves, so he was forced to slow his pace to a crawl to keep with them. He gave Birna a look of strained patience, but finally, finally they were there... and then the boy paused to howl. Bjorn could have knocked the kid upside the head - he'd given up the element of surprise in favor of honor. He was putting more of his pack's lives at risk for his honor. Better to attack in silence and end it quickly than to draw it out like this. Ah, there. The boy was leaping over the border, and Bjorn drove in behind him, overtaking him quickly. Where the hell were they all?

Sindri

Loner
Lady

gems
size
Small
build
player
02-23-2015, 09:24 PM

War. The word struck fear into the heart of the small Xanilov and beat in time with each step she took. War, war, war, war. Her expression grim, Sindri trotted along behind Kassander. She stuck close to him, her ears and eyes peeled for signs of movement beyond the march of the Ebony wolves.

When Kassander announced their arrival Sindri stilled, her tail hanging limply behind her. The silence over the plains was deafening, marred only by the blood pounding in her ears and the rhythmic breathing of those around her. There was nowhere to hide, no trees, no rocks, nothing. So where were they?

""

Nemesis

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
02-23-2015, 09:51 PM

Nemesis followed along behind Mirajane. He tried to focus on the fight ahead, but the swinging hips in front of him kept grabbing his attention. With her gaze forward, the boy could stare unabashedly. She was so stinkin' cute. The way she walked, the way her ears flicked and her tails swished. He shook his head in an attempt to banish the contemplations of his beautiful packmate. Siege, dude. Siege.

He coughed, head lifting and gaze flying ahead as Kassander called Arcanum forward. It was time. Nemesis set aside thoughts of the beautiful Mirajane. Or, well, tried to. The way she lifted her hackles was really, really cute.

""

Atka

Loner
Juvenile

gems
size
Medium
build
player
02-23-2015, 10:23 PM

Atka

An unfamiliar howl rolled from the border and Atka sat up, ears pricked, before glancing around cautiously. Where was everyone? Was no one going to answer the call? She rose slowly to her feet and glancing around once more slowly trotted for the call. A veritable flood of wolves was pouring over the border, and the girl slipped in front of them, head cocked to the side as she stared at them. And stared at them. And continued to stare at them. Who were these wolves? What were they doing in Arcanum's land? Were they joining? "Who are you?" she finally asked them. "Why are you here?"

Niketas

gems
size
build
player
02-24-2015, 11:21 AM

When the howl reached Niketas's ears his scruff immediately stood on end. What in the world? He scrambled to his paws and launched his hulking frame toward the sound, reaching his long legs in wide strides as he ran. He spotted the wave of incoming wolves easily. They were hard to miss. They smelled of Ebony and his hackles raised and lips pulled back in a snarl when he saw them crossing the Arcanum boarder. He snarled, preparing himself to attack one of them, when a young girl wandered out in front of the oncoming crowd. Oh good lord. He ran up to her side as he settled into his defenses. "Either get ready to fight or run," he told her simply. He couldn't remember her name, but she smelled strongly of Arcanum and that was good enough for him right now. He sincerely hoped someone else showed up soon. His paws spread apart in an even stance and his knees bent slightly as his muscles tensed and he prepared to fight whoever he reached first. His ears pressed back against his skull and is acidic green eyes narrowed while he snarled and bared his teeth. His hackles raised, shoulders rolling forward and neck scrunching back, his chin tucking down over his throat and claws dug into the ground as his toes spread. He wouldn't take the time to question why they were here or why they were doing this. He only immediately fell into a defensive stance and prepared to defend his pack. He may not always be the most loyal or active of a pack member, but he wouldn't fail to protect it.

Talk You Think

Sigmarr

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
player
02-24-2015, 06:48 PM

War…. Sigmarr had been stunned silent to hear Kassander's resolve to take war to Arcanum. At first he wanted to object! The whole reason for taking Sindri, running and plotting to assassinate Aerndís was to keep his siblings out of harms way. However, the he thought about it the more it made sense. Killing Aern would likely be cause for Arcanum to seek revenge against Ebony, regardless if Sigmarr was still a member or not. On top of that hearing the other wrongs committed by this wicked pack only sealed the deal. There was evil in this land and he knew more of it than he cared to. Sigmarr had vowed to stand against evil wherever it lurked and so here he was, standing on the battlefield with his pack, trying to calm his breathing for the battle to come. He moved to stand next to Sindri in the hopes that he might offer some comfort but he would not touch or nuzzle her, he had yet to be forgive for his own slew of vile sins.

"Talk" "You" Think

Allen

gems
size
build
player
02-28-2015, 08:01 PM

The gentleman had gone off to war, trailing behind the Ebony wolves. His mind was on Nona, yet, in his heart, the older man knew that this was the right course of action. He did not regret asking Bass permission to join in this war, though, as he arrived, it seemed that a war may just be avoided. There were two there, a male and a young female on the other side. No sign of a leader... of higher ranks. It was virtually a ghost town. What in the heck was this? Allen would raise a brow, coming to a stop as his dark gaze looked around. For a pack of so called "ruthless" and powerful wolves this was a rather sad turnout. Had they chosen to hide because their leader did not show? Was there something more here, hiding beneath the surface? Allen would look to Kassander, wondering what the young king might do next. It was his move.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'
Table by:: Tealah

Birna I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
03-01-2015, 10:51 AM

How rapidly time could accelerate and slow down. At last they'd found the other Xanilovs and how soon they were pulled into war because of it. Was it something in their bloodline? Well… technically she was a Volkov but Birna would not let the intricacies of family names muddy her connection to others. At least this Kassander Xanilov struck her as a noble soul, not like the power-hungry beasts of the rebellion. He was going to fight for his family and even for other packs who all faced a common threat.

Though if she was honest with herself a huge reason she was standing here, on the territory of Arcanum, was because she couldn't say no to a good fight. However, it seemed the might of Arcanum was currently resting in the paws of a golden male and a young female. Birna remained at the ready, waiting both for orders and for more wolves to show. This was not yet a fair battle.

""
[Image: 262ny8g.png]

Aerndís I

Somnium
Militant

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
03-01-2015, 01:28 PM

Aerndís was deep in dreams of mist as shadow.  Crashing waves seemed to echo in her head and she was searching desperately for something that her mind could not recall as she slipped soundlessly into reality.  The call.  The unmistakable call of war hummed in her ears and for a second she thought it was merely an after effect of her dream.  Something in the air caused her to pause, it stirred and twisted like the strings of fate, wrapping tightly around her heart.

Aern breathed deeply, eyes gazing out to the dreary morning and the soft hum of thunder that rolled across the sky.  A morning shower it seemed nothing nearly violent enough to mark the occasion.  Well… it was time to see to her duties and if it was time for her to die then so be it!  Victory, defeat, whatever instrument the spirits of fate would use she would welcome the message and accept its decree.

Stretching lightly Aerndís strolled to the border, lavender eyes narrowed at the gathering of wolves.  Eyes immediately going to Sigmarr and Sindri.  Well, well, well… wasn't this precious.  She grinned and nodded in greeting to Niketas and Atka who stood against the onslaught of intruders.  They were remarkably brave and she nodded to them in greeting before throwing her head back and howling for the other wolves of Arcanum.  "ON YOUR FEET MY COMPATRIOTS!  Do not stand idly by or hide in the shadows when war comes knocking at your door.  Answer it with blood and fury!" She snarled, glaring sharply at the waif that claimed to be their leader before turning to Sigmarr and Sindri.  Fixing them in her hungry gaze.

"Oh, hello, my sweet darlings…. Sigmarr… do you fear me so much you had to summon a whole army just to challenge me?  I would not expect such cowardice of one trained by my own paw.   I don't suppose my leaving Arcanum would end this display?" She refused to be made into a scapegoat for this band of misfits but some how she doubted they were here purely for her.  She was just the icing on the cake.

"Speech"

Sigmarr

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
player
03-01-2015, 01:32 PM

Sigmarr resisted the urge to flinch as only two Arcanum wolves appeared to answer them, neither of which was the Queen or Aerndís.  Eyes narrowed as he snarled.  Would they not show?  Would they preach battle and war then flee the moment the tables turned and it was resting on their doorstep?  Ice blue eyes rested on Kassander, what would they do if no one showed?  It would be a victory in some ways but not quite the one he was craving but yet at the same time…

Sigmarr turned at the approach of Aerndís and his stomach immediately twisted into a knot.  No, his previous thoughts were foolish.  Aern would never run from battle, her beliefs would never allow her to display an act of cowardice unless she wished to be dammed for the rest of her life.  Sigmarr felt the fear rise in his throat but it was rapidly devoured by rage that flew from his jaws hot and white.  "Silence, bitch!  You will never lay another paw on my sister or I, so help me.  And as for your pack they've committed many of their own sins that they now must answer for.  For terrorizing those weaker than themselves… much like you did to us." Solstice, Pantheon.. probably others he wasn't aware of.  Even if there were no wolves present from those packs it was only a matter of time before their sights rested on the peaceful pack of Ebony.  This was a pre-emptive strike.

Sigmarr moved to face directly across from Aern, leaving a space of 10 feet between them.  "Ready yourself, monster.  I intend to slay you where you stand."

Sigmarr vs. Aerndís for DEATH

Rd. 0 of -

"Speech"

Aerndís I

Somnium
Militant

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
03-01-2015, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2015, 01:55 PM by Aerndís I.)

Aerndís blinked slowly as she processed Sigmarr's words.  Did he just call her a bitch?  Huh, now who went and taught him such language?  She let out a sigh, tail wagging lazily behind her. "You ignorant twit Sigmarr… you know as well as I that it is in the wolf's nature to prey on the weak.  It is how the world works and was something you yourself once believed quite strongly in.  Well come on then… Let's end this here and now and free ourselves fully of the past.  I'll even cut you a deal.  As I have wronged both you and your sister you are both free to attack me.  If she agrees the three of us will duel… to the death." Aern let her words hang in the air for the siblings to consider.  She was flush with blood-lust, ready to prove her strength to the spirits she so worshipped.  Surely they would find her brazen deal proof of her bravery…. and maybe… just maybe they would deem her worthy enough to see her son again.  Lavender gaze locked with Sigmarr's ice-blue eyes.  The eyes that had haunted her dreams and wishes since their first meeting.  She would free herself of them... of this false lie, this surrogate.  Grinning she set her defenses.  "I will face my fate with fangs bared...."

Words fell in a whisper, clinging desperately to the air as another roll of thunder shook overhead, the clouds moving on their way, making way for the sun to stain the sky with red.

Aerndís vs Sigmarr and Sindri for DEATH

Rd.  -/3

ooc:  Talked with Laz and I have first move, I'll edit this with the fight part but I've got a lot on my plate today and 0 fight muse  xD

"Speech"

ooc:  So, I'm all for telling a story when rp'ing and got to talking with Laz.  We both decided it would be more epic for Sindri to join in.  Especially since the whole "guy fighting on the woman's behalf" type deal gets old real fast.  So....  a DM with three participants, there are three ways we can do this but Laz and I have decided on all or none.  So if Aern wins they both die, if one of them win Aern will die.  Yay drama!

Skaði I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
03-04-2015, 07:31 PM

The invader's call drew the huntress from her lair. She sprang from the den eagerly and raced towards the call. It had been far too long since she'd been in a fight. Not a spar, but an actual fight. Her hackles rose with her excitement and her head lowered until it was level with her spine. There was a spring in her step what wasn't normally there and an almost childlike air about her. Skadi was absolutely giddy at the thought of a war. She didn't care for the 'who' or the 'why' merely the chance to fight as she once had.

She reached the front line in no time and moved to stand beside her apprentice. Out of respect for the Queen she held back, but that didn't stop her eyes from wandering the opposing forces in search of a target.

"Speaking" -- Thinking

Aislinn

Loner
Militant

gems
size
Large
build
player
03-04-2015, 11:49 PM

It was an invasion, what else could explain it? At the summoning howl of an unfamiliar king, the ever so loyal militant would stride to the scene. The stench of not one, but two packs filled her nostrils almost instantly. Her sharp gaze didn't even have to see the mongrel bodies known as enemy fighters to recognise the boiling war. Perhaps for some a raid was described as infuriating but to her, the chance to defend and maim for a cause was rather exciting. Insane, maybe. With such thoughts running through her skull, adrenaline pounded in her veins as her swift form slipped through the figures of other Arcanum fighters. No attacks had commenced, although any soul could feel the hostile tension rise in the air. The thought was pushed aside as the woman eagerly listened to the head warrior's command, allowing every word to sink into her prepared stance.
"What a surprise." Toxins shaped into a languid taunt, tone simply amused by the display before her. The two packs that stood their ground weren't merely as eager as Arcanum was. Had such wolves lost their energy for a thrilling sport? What a shame, the warrior was looking forward to a decent fight. But nevertheless, they would fall beneath the weight of Arcanum, no matter their skills. Now, she only had to pick a target, unless her opponent charged straight at her...

[Image: 4LyHbab.png]

Aerndís I

Somnium
Militant

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
03-07-2015, 02:34 PM

Defenses fell elegantly into place for what might be the final time.  Skull and tail lowered to align with her spine, chin tucked slightly and neck scrunched back as her shoulders rolled forward, pushing fur and fat over her vitals.  Hackles rose sharply as limbs spread equidistant apart, bending slightly to lower her center of gravity as well as evenly distribute her weight.  Toes splayed as claws dug into the earth.  Jaws parted, lavender gaze narrowed as she snarled violently, ropes of saliva dripping off her fangs.  Oh, how long had she been waiting for this?  Ears pinned tight to her head, abdomen tensed.  

Kicking off violently Aerndís attempted to close the distance between herself and Sigmarr, limbs pounding the ground furiously.  She hoped to approach Sigmarr nearly head on, a few inches to her own right as she aimed to bring the front of her let shoulder blade in line with the crevice where Sigmarr's right shoulder met his chest.  Aern hoped to ram her left shoulder forward into the groove with enough force to sprain his right shoulder and cripple his movements enough to give her an advantage in this fight.  In addition she would also attempt to push the upper center of her chest forward into the center of Sigmarr's left sided chest.  She hoped to build up enough momentum to throw off his balance.  As she moved for her shoulder strike she would attempt to twist her neck to her left, gaping jaws hoping to tilt partially to her left to form a slight diagonal aiming for the right side of Sigmarr's face.  Upper fangs seeking to pierce his right eye and partially blind him, the lower fangs seeking to hook behind the corner of his right-sided jaw.  She hoped to get a grip from which she could control his head as well as blind him.

Weight shifted to her hind and left foreleg as she attempted to raise her right foreleg  in the hopes of bringing her right forepaw down on his left forepaw with enough force to sprain toes and further slow him down.  She would tear him apart, she would rip every torturous memory he unknowingly forced her to relive from his body.

Aerndís vs Sigmarr and Sindri for DEATH

Rd.  1/3

ooc:  Whee here we go!

"Speech"

Basanti

gems
size
build
player
03-07-2015, 07:33 PM

It was her time. Her mother had hidden herself away giving the heiress no choice but to take up the reins. And now, just as she was preparing to gather the pack, a sound of war would pull her verdant gaze to the borders. A frown would pull down at her lips, eyes narrowing to slits. Who could possibly be calling for war? It wasnt even public knowledge that she was Queen. There was only one explanation. They were here for her mother. Rising, she would move with eery grace to the call, muscles rippling beneath her pelt. She stood tall, proud, dominant. Ears tipped forward as the sounds of battle broke out.

Upon her arrival she would find several packs had trespassed, filing into her home with a grim expression. They certainly didn't look prepared for war. "You are trespassing on Savireé lands." Her voice was calm and collected, falling smooth from her lips, the new name of her pack falling from her lips. Her gaze landed on the one in front, standing before the crowd. Nostrils flared, inhaling the scent of three packs. "If you are here for my mother, you won't find her." Staring evenly at the man who was so brave as to invade her home. Arendis fought nearby, battling with a man who seemed intent on claiming her life. But everyone else stood silent, her wolves waiting for the command while the trespassed stood looking as though someone told them there would be no Christmas this year.

"Burn Baby Burn"