most of all

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
03-19-2015, 06:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2015, 06:14 PM by Kyarst.)
He hated the orchard. This adventure would be his first to the overgrown land of fruit, and already he hated it. The gnarled roots, trees, bushes, and shrubs made it impossible to get any decent vantage point. This place would be hell to patrol. Besides the high risk of intrusion, it wasn't a horrible place to be. It smelled somewhat sweet - though some of the fruit had begun to rot, that which lay uneaten in the unforgiving sun. He was certain the pups would love it, given the fact that you nearly had to treat it as an obstacle course at times just to navigate from one end to the other. He was sure that in the cooler months prey would flock here to eat the fruit. As he meandered through the labyrinth of greenery he tried to remind himself of these good qualities while inwardly loathing the new locale. He reached a particularly thick section of vegetation and decided to stop, choosing to lift his leg and clearly flag the area as Imperium's. Valentine or someone had already marked the border, but it wouldn't hurt to thicken the scent.

“speak,” 

Kyarst is 2 years old, 142 lbs, and 36" tall. This is your warning. He is prone to acts of violence including but not limited to: maims, claims, dominance challenges, etc. He is also prone to foul language. Also, Lysis is allowed to pop into his threads whenever she pleases, as the two are almost always close to one another.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-21-2015, 06:08 PM

The dainty girl would find her way to the orchard with a timid grace, she hadn't set foot here since she'd last seen Motif and the memory brought her nothing but a longing pain. It had been nearly a season now and she'd hadn't heard anything from Bass, and she was quite sure Valentine hadn't found his way to her brother's borders yet. She missed them more now than she did the day Bass had severed ties with her. She craved the feeling of her sister curled against her form on long nights that held her prisoner within her nightmares. There was no such comfort here, she spent her time in her den completely alone, as even Shaye could no longer stay with her overnight. Rhythm just hurt, physically and mentally. She was wore out, lonely, and just wanted her family back in her life.

She was timid as she made her way over the gnarled trees, the smell of fruit would hang in the air overpower most all else she might seek. Not that she mad much reason to be in this part of the territory, possibly seeking out new herbs? Hunting perhaps, surely this place would be full of prey species. Bright blue and purple gaze would just watch what she might find as she continued through, half regretting the decision to come here until she found her eyes on Kyarst. She hadn't caught his scent over the strong smell of orchard but as she looked at him now it was a wonder she had. He looked both amusing and proud as he stood with his leg hiked over his chosen place for a scent marking. She'd thought about him a lot since they'd last talked, but she was still as sure as ever that she had no idea how she felt. She liked him, a lot, but there was also Valentine and Kyarst's other interests. No, he was just her friend and would likely remain there.

She'd smile as she made her approach from his front, though it was a slightly awkward time to come and say hello. "Hey," it was a simple greeting, but there was an obvious affection in it none the less. "Need some company on your patrol?"

""

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
03-21-2015, 06:22 PM
Of course it made sense that a woman he had not yet defined his feelings for would approach him just as he lifted his leg and let loose his scent onto a spot just inside the borderline. Nothing else made better sense on a day like this. 'Hey' she greeted him, and his head snapped up in an instant. This was a prime example of just why he hated the Orchard. He hadn't even known she was coming until she was close enough to rip his throat out. He bristled instinctively, the fur on his neck standing on end. Soon enough his nerves quelled and he relaxed, lowering his leg and his hackles. 'Need some company on your patrol?' His brow arched upward and he nodded stiffly. “I could use some help exploring this godforsaken neck of the woods,” he voiced a bit more bitterly than he'd intended. He sidestepped away from his marking spot, closer to her. “How have you been?” It had to be a better idea talking about her when he was in a mood such as this.

“speak,” 

Kyarst is 2 years old, 142 lbs, and 36" tall. This is your warning. He is prone to acts of violence including but not limited to: maims, claims, dominance challenges, etc. He is also prone to foul language. Also, Lysis is allowed to pop into his threads whenever she pleases, as the two are almost always close to one another.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-21-2015, 06:43 PM

His features were quick to snap to attention, she'd obviously startled him at her approach, she could see from the raised hackles and less than friendly expression, not that she was effected by these things. Rhythm wouldn't even blink as he bristled, knowing that he didn't intend it towards her personally. He was quick to settle as she offered her company though, or at least mostly. He was still a bit abrasive as he spoke of the wood they inhabited, and she tried not to giggle, but really it could have been really dangerous. What if she had been an enemy? Still he would accept and his form was suddenly that much closer. Rhythm would close the rest of the distance, bumping his shoulder playfully as she accepted his question. "Lonely." She'd been on another date with Valentine, her first real fight training, and that had been depressing. She was awful at it. "I've been thinking about my siblings a lot recently." She didn't think he had any idea of what had transpired for her to get here. Would he even believe that she had been banished from her own brother's pack?

""

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
03-21-2015, 06:49 PM
She bumped into him and he half-forced a smile. He must've woken up on the wrong side of the den this morning. She answered him at first with a simple word. 'Lonely'. Did that mean something related to him? Was he supposed to have visited her more often since their last encounter ended so.. interestingly? He hadn't been aware of any such obligations, but perhaps she had invented them in her mind. Those thoughts were calmed, however, as she then explained she'd been thinking about her siblings. He knew of her cousins, Mercy and Revenge, and had met them both personally (one of them, very personally). However, he didn't know anything of her siblings. “Did they leave Alacritia?” He asked the question rather tentatively, for it was a very real possibility that they were dead. He didn't want to hurt her feelings by asking, but she had done her part to direct the conversation in that direction. Kyarst moved forward, brushing along her side until he had separated from her, picking up a gentle pace along the border he'd just partially marked. She had offered to accompany him while patrolling, and so he figured he might as well patrol.

“speak,” 

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-21-2015, 07:09 PM

She certainly would have never complained about his company had he decided to call on her again between now and when they'd last met, but he held no obligations to her and so she could not even begin to blame her solitude on his actions. He of course had banished those feelings as soon as she'd found herself back in his presence. His voice was quick to answer in question, obviously ignorant to the existence of Abaven and all the heartache the one who ruled it caused her. Rhythm would shake her head, "No, they live in the Eastern pack Abaven." She'd start off, but this was obviously only the beginning of the story. "I'd been kidnapped by Hati under direction of Cascade after she'd learned of the dates Valen and I had been going on. Hati defeated my brother and I was brought here, though I was free to go Valentine asked me to stay here under his protection. My brother didn't take it so well when i decided to take his offer, and he banished me." And now Kyarst knew how she'd made her way to Imperium. She'd fallen in line behind him, doing as she'd said in accompanying him on the job.

""

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
03-21-2015, 08:03 PM
She shook her head, her siblings lived in Abaven, a pack in the East. Confusion clouded his features. Why had she not seen them if they didn't live that far away and more importantly, weren't dead? He imagined some sort of falling out had occurred, and he was curious as to what it was. She continued on, though, further explaining of her kidnapping and subsequent decision to leave her entire family and stay here with Valentine. Boy, she really had it bad for the cobalt Imperator, didn't she? He twisted his gaze back toward her, his head curling over his shoulder. “That's quite a story,” he started, though in all honesty he didn't know what he would say next. There came a pause in which he tried to look busy, sniffing at the ground and scanning as far as his eyes could see in this gnarled mess. Finally, he spoke up. “I can imagine you miss them a lot,” he finally voiced - lacking anything better to contribute. He strode forward, forced to pick his paws up high to move over a particularly tangled set of roots.

“speak,” 

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-22-2015, 12:58 AM

Kyarst wouldn't give much indication of his thoughts, though she really couldn't see his features until she finished. She'd catch his features in her blue and purple stare as he looked back over his shoulder. She wouldn't keep his eyes for long though, with a brief statement he would look away, his paws suddenly very busy. She was good at making things awkward wasn't she? He could see that she might miss them though, "More than I even thought possible." She'd answer softly, but she didn't know if he could hear her or not as he made his way over a particularly difficult root system. "Sorry," she'd call after him a bit louder than her last statement so she knew he heard her, "I don't mean to be so depressing." The faun furred girl would follow behind him over the gnarled roots.

""

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
03-22-2015, 05:43 PM
He was indeed listening to her, for it was far easier to listen to her and care about her feelings than acknowledge his own sour mood. He slowed his pace, turning his head back to her after he'd cleared the roots. “You don't have to apologize to me, ever.” There was a sincerity to his tone, a seriousness that couldn't be denied. His gaze sought hers for a moment. “I'm your friend, and depressing or not - I'll always listen.” Because I care. He remained where he was, truthfully having not much of a desire to go any further into the orchard. “Would any of your family still see you, if you could go?” He knew she'd said her brother had banished her, but surely he didn't speak for the rest of the family. Perhaps there were one or two that would meet her at a neutral location - though it was likely she'd already thought of such a plan. He also didn't know what the rules were as far as her going to visit with folks from another pack that obviously wasn't entirely friendly with Imperium.

“speak,” 

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-22-2015, 07:27 PM
Her companion would slow as he made it over the tree matter. Rhythms eyes would first focus on where her paws settled. She wouldn't move to go any further than he, and her pace would Ve made to match his. She looked up to him as he told her there was no need for apology, she found his gaze and knew his seriousness there and his voice. Her eyes met his and she would nod in acceptance, smiling at his explanation. He really was sweet, even going in to attempt some kind of scheme to get her back with them. "My niece comes to visit me, but the last time I saw my sister.. It didn't turn out so well." Her haunches would coil beneath her as he looked like he wasn't much for going on. "Valen might be going to talk to Bass soon, I don't know what will happen though." She'd try to shrug it off, but it was more than obvious how much she was effected. She felt a bit more than dramatic since they were so focused on her sadness. Not that Kyarst seemed eager to say something about his day.

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
03-22-2015, 07:36 PM
She mentioned her niece, and a sister. He followed suit as she took a seat, noting that she must have realized he wasn't that into moving at the moment. She then talked about the promise of Valen going to talk to Bass (who must be her brother). It was kind of the Imperator to go to so much trouble, evidently the cobalt King truly cared about Rhythm. “I don't know your brother, but he'd be a damn fool to cut you out of his life forever.” Sure, there were falling outs between family members, but who in the world let go of his or her family permanently? He thought back. His father had done just that, with his half-brother Taurig. He had truthfully only heard tales of the event, but it had been nasty at best. He supposed some wolves made rash decisions at times, and he hoped - for her sake - that Bass was not one of those wolves. His ears laid back against his skull as he examined her face. “We don't have to talk about this, if it bothers you.” He didn't want her to feel forced to discuss something unpleasant - thug honestly he didn't have anything better to say in his current mood. He supposed if she wanted to change the subject he would come up with something. He could feel his mood changing, lightening, but it wasn't as quick a transition as he would like.

“speak,” 

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-22-2015, 11:31 PM

The darker wolf took a seat with her, more obvious now that he was done patrolling this corner of their home for the moment. She felt honored that he would so easily take time from his day to focus on her, even if it was mostly because he hated the orchard. Still, he made her feel better as he told her what he thought about Bass's decision. He'd make her smile a little, she still had her doubts about the decision to stay here. Having Kyarst's very certain opinion relieved some of that doubt. “We don't have to talk about this, if it bothers you.” She'd smile easily, "It's okay." and her tail would wag slightly to reassure him. "I just have to keep hoping they'll change their minds." That was all she could do, Motif said she needed time and Rhythm would give her as much as she needed. "I'm glad I've got a friend like you, Kyarst." She was in an oddly good mood compared to his own, usually thoughts of her siblings left her crying for hours. "So what have you been up to? Seems like this forest is getting you down." She'd scoot a little bit closer to him, her neck reaching out so her nose could nudge his shoulder playfully. Maybe some of her good humor could rub off.

""

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
03-23-2015, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2015, 08:25 PM by Kyarst.)
His tail wagged, mirroring hers though with perhaps a bit more melancholy. She seemed not to mind talking about her family, despite how sad it made her. He didn't like seeing her this way, but he supposed she might need someone to talk to about things, even if those things were upsetting. She went on to say she was glad to have him, and a smile tugged at his furtive lips. That was reassuring to hear. 'So what have you been up to? Seems like this forest is getting you down.' He chuckled, though it was a dark and ominous sound rather than a gleeful one. “Just trying to figure out how in hell I'm supposed to keep the pack safe in a gnarled mess like this,” he quipped sarcastically. Why on earth Valentine had picked this of all places, he would never understand. He tore his gaze away from her, unwilling to scowl at someone who didn't deserve it. His features hardened as he examined as far as he could see - which was a pitiful few feet at best. Her nose brushed his shoulder and he found himself leaning into her touch for a moment, bringing his gaze back to her.

“speak,” 

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-23-2015, 08:46 PM

She'd get a smile at the comment of his friendship, not that she was able to keep it there as she asked about his time with the forest. Their conversation about her siblings wouldn't linger, though she was thankful to have someone else she could talk to about them. Coping with the loss on her own was still difficult, but thankfully Imperium was not short of handsome distractions. Kyarst's sarcastic remark would fully draw the rest of her attention away from them, a smile lighting up her features. He'd avoid her gaze as his facial expression shifted to a scowl. This was really getting to him wasn't he? She was able to draw his gaze back to her as she nudged him, finding him leaning into her offered touch. She'd take a step closer to him, a sly smile playing at her chocolate lips. "There's got to be some way to more efficiently scout this place." Maybe she could help him? Her bright eyes wouldn't linger on his features for to long until she stepped away again, surveying the forest like she might figure something out just by looking at the trees.

""

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
03-24-2015, 08:49 PM
He liked her touch. It didn't electrify him like Mercy's once had, and wasn't as familiar as Lysis' but it felt good in a different way - a comforting way. She drew out the nicer side of him, the kinder parts, which was perhaps why he liked talking to her. He felt calmer around her somehow, like he didn't have to try so hard to be anything except who he already was. “Maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the den,” he mumbled as she stepped closer to him, the long guard hairs of their fur brushing against each other - tickling his senses. 'There's got to be some way to more efficiently scout this place somehow.' Yeah well, he hadn't thought of one yet. He cast his gaze around the area, knowing that his eyes would not be useful in such a place. It wasn't likely that his nose would be helpful either because of the strong rotten fruit scent. Hearing wasn't often effective on it's own, and so he was at a loss. Then, it struck him and he pondered the thought for a moment, leading her on by uttering a simple “What if...” He thought for a moment more. “What if it's not about the senses at all?” He hadn't realized that he hadn't really explained his thought process to her. His gaze snapped to her at once, as if a lightbulb had went off over his head. “It's not about knowing who's here and who's not. It's about having the advantage.” Little did he know he was probably making less than zero sense.

“speak,” 

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-26-2015, 10:12 AM

She liked being with Kyarst, flirting with him was fun and he never seemed to expect anything from her. They'd opened up to one another and she felt a bond with him she didn't share with many other wolves. There were few she could talk to so easily about the loss of her family, and he didn't even care that she got sad in front of him. He'd mumble softly about waking up on the wrong side of the den as she drew more near, the words would elicit a smile from the girl. Everyone had those days sometimes right?

Their senses were useless here, and though she wanted to try and help him out she really had little other ideas. She couldn't hardly smell anything, you couldn't see the forest through the trees, and your ears would only get you so far. Obviously she hadn't helped him very much, but as she stared uselessly at the trees her companion would begin to form an idea. Her bright gaze would linger on his features as the obvious expression of deep thought over took him. He would eventually snap his features to him after he started thinking out loud. Her head would twist curiously as he explained himself. "Like knowing the terrain better? A height advantage?" What did he mean? Were they going to move to the canopy? Her eyes would shift to the branches above them, most of them were rather giant.

""

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
03-26-2015, 10:23 AM
His bad mood began to swirl and drain out of his frame as he concentrated on the task at hand. Eyes shot in every direction, maybe there was a method to the madness of the orchard. Her voice cut through the maddening buzzing of his own thoughts 'Like knowing the terrain better? A height advantage?' He nodded, not necessarily about the height part, although that was a good idea. Attention and his features turned to her and for a moment he pondered whether his idea was completely crazy. “It's like a maze. If we can memorize how to get where we want to go, we'd automatically be faster than any stranger trying to intrude.” There, maybe it wasn't crazy after all. A devious smile spread across his features as he waited for her reaction, tagging on a bit more information to help her know what exactly he had in mind. “We can practice navigating from one point to another with our eyes closed. If we can learn it that way, imagine how much faster we could go with them open.” It seemed like a smart idea to him, and he also imagined it would be fun.

“speak,” 

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-26-2015, 10:35 AM

He really seemed to be getting out of his previously annoyed state, though she had a feeling that it wouldn't take very much to bring him right back she would credit herself partially. Now if only she could stay her brother's anger as well as she'd been doing with Kyarst. His nod of approval would prove that she had been able to follow his train of thought so far, his emerald gaze would fall back to her as he explained further. The place really was like a maze or a grid, all the trees had been planted exactly the same width apart it was just the undergrowth that blocked so many of the paths now. However Kyarst was very much correct, if they could know the maze better than a loner then they could have the advantage. It was her turn to nod this time, her ears perked a bit as he explained exactly how he might do it as well. Running around the orchard with their eyes closed. Man she was glad she was a healer. "It sounds like a brilliant plan, but I feel like i'll be running into a lot of trees." At this she giggled quite amusedly. Would they really be able to learn the lay of the land if their eyes were closed?

""

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
03-26-2015, 10:55 AM
The idea continued to grow and blossom in his head the more he thought about it. If they knew the land backwards and forwards, there was no way a loner could outsmart them. Granted, the trees were all planted the same distance apart, but the undergrowth was highly unpredictable. That was what really needed to be memorized. She giggled, mentioning that she'd probably run into a lot of trees. He smirked at the thought, yes perhaps they ought to take this part slow, at least while they were first learning. “We could start slowly, maybe only one of us has their eyes closed and we can guide each other? Then we switch, and then we try it with both of us blind?” That had to be a safer method than running around smacking into trees. “We can pick one path to start with, and then learn others later.” One would be a start, at least then he wouldn't feel so overwhelmed trying to navigate the orchard. The real question was, was she up to the challenge?

“speak,” 

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
03-26-2015, 02:04 PM

She could easily watch as the form planned in his mind, she couldn't help but enjoy the way his gears turned. With her gaze hardly leaving him they would form their plan, she mentioned her concern almost jokingly, but really she was serious, she could already feel the bump on her head. Rhythm would earn a smirk from her partner, her ears perking as he explained further. He phrased his answer like he was thinking about it as he said it, but she couldn't see much more of problem now. He trusted her enough to guide him blindly through the woods? Rather.. would she trust him to lead her blindly through the woods, probably. "sounds like we'll make much more progress." She would nod in affirmation, though this would be a longer task. Not that she had any doubt they could memorize the place in less than a season. Maybe even sooner. "Alright. Who's first?"

""