Kaprasíus

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
03-23-2015, 08:15 AM
He felt the world spinning again. He had grown bored of the monotony of their travels and the best option, the only option, was to become closer to the gods through the ingestion of their holy plants. Perhaps in these moments of meditation they might give him a sign of what he needed to do next. All he knew was that he couldn't feel closer to them. He swore he saw their glimmering faces from above, cascading in a rainbow of colors from the clear summer sky, and he would grin widely as he felt them looking down upon him.

The summer sun glimmered brightly overhead, a beacon of light that he felt compelled to follow, casting its wide rays down upon the earth. Kaprasíus weaved expertly between the vast willow trees, searching feverishly for something.  Only when he caught sight of a squirrel, from the corner of his eye, did he begin to shriek maniacally and begin to scramble after the creature.

"Ratatoskr!" he called frantically after the rodent, moving with alarming speed as the frightened prey began to sprint away from him. "Wirst du Yggdrasil?" his question came suddenly. The trees, though massive here, with great bending boughs, didn't strike him as as large enough to surrounding the great world-tree. Still, his paws carried him quickly as he chased the squirrel down, knowing he could not miss this opportunity just in case it was Ratatoskr. "Für fickt willen, Ratatoskr!" he'd spit, growing exhausted as the squirrel darted up a nearby tree and away from his grasp, chattering softly at him as though laughing at his failed attempts to catch him. The male's chest would heave visibly as he slowed his pace, frowning as his head tipped toward the sky as he stared up the tree. "Ich wusste, dass du ein unbeständige Tier war, aber du hast mich als Betrüger nicht zu schlagen zu."

WARNING: Kaprasíus is extremely prone to violence, including maim fights & character claiming.
Katja is also welcome in any and all of his threads, without warning.
He also has a bush viper companion named Jǫrmungandr.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
03-23-2015, 06:28 PM

From a distance the words yelled at the squirrel sounded like nothing more than a garbled version of the language he was used to hearing. It wasn't until curiosity pushed him closer that the brute realized what he was hearing was another language entirely. There was a rhythmic lilt to it, a flow, that suggested speech instead of pure nonsense.

Valentine paused a short distance away and managed to catch the tail end of the chase. He didn't understand the words being said, but the nature of them was easy to gather. The brute chuckled, amusement brightening his features as he studied the other. The stranger was smaller and sleeker; when compared to Valen's, the other's slender form almost made him look bulky. He was simple in coloration; the earthy hues nonetheless pleasant-looking. The stumpy tail did not got unnoticed.

He announced his presence with a teasing, "Perhaps you should try yelling at him again." There was a friendliness to his tone that didn't quite reach the center of his emotional being. The effects of the anticlimactic siege were still weighing him down, but he was determined to keep it from coloring his interactions with others too terribly much.

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Kaprasíus

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
03-23-2015, 07:58 PM
A bit of frustration had crept into his words as he shouted up the tall tree, oblivious to everything going on around him. He stood, as though frozen solid for a long moment, scowling up at the squirrel as it disappeared amongst the thick foliage of the willow tree. Only when he heard the voice of another -- which caught him slightly off-guard, as he'd been so distracted by the thrill of the chase -- did he jerk around abruptly to stare with widened eyes at the male who had approached. Oh, he was a lovely man, with gorgeous markings around his eyes and a clear blue stare, that seemed to be laughing at him.

"He won't come down for me," he answered with a soft huff, feeling quite annoyed. What an irritating little beast this squirrel was! What sort of secrets did he have, he wondered? If it was meant for the gods, surely it was worthwhile. And yet he surely couldn't climb up this tree; he'd just have to wait for the damned thing to come down.

"Tell me," he'd begin to speak after a moment, his words frantic as he spat the question out with fervor and took a few quick steps closer. His gaze scrutinized him, dancing with a strange sort of excitement.  "Have you seen... an eagle about this forest? Or perhaps a few red deer?" Cocking his head to the side, he would wrinkle his nose.  "Come on, tell me!" he'd probe him further before giving him a chance to respond.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

03-27-2015, 05:13 PM

"He won't come down for me," came the brute's irritated response. There was something about his behavior, something that was just a touch off, that piqued Valen's interest. The earthen brute's manner was almost childlike; reminding the King of a pouty Angelus. He hadn't interacted with him long enough to be sure, but it was almost as if the other was under the influence of something.

Yes, something definitely was amiss. What exactly, he couldn't tell, but perhaps a little digging would earn him some answers? He took the demanding tone in stride; easily letting it go. Since becoming an alpha, Valen had found his tolerance for disrespect waning. He wasn't particularly fond of the development, although it did serve a purpose at home. "I'm afraid I haven't."

Head tipping to the side, Valentine regarded the other curiously. "If you don't mind my asking, why are you interested in these animals?"

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Kaprasíus

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
03-28-2015, 11:01 PM
Though he'd grown slightly frenzied in his pursuit of the squirrel, the presence of another was sobering -- even if only slightly. Still his gaze was wide as he examined the male that had approached him, full of passionate fire.  There was a glimmer of hope in his emerald stare, hoping he had seen something useful. A slightly deflated look would flutter across his features at his admission he hadn't seen either an eagle or the red deer. He hadn't truly thought this was the forest of the gods and he he had hoped desperately he might have found it.

"What a shame," he sighed, his small nub of a tail twitching behind him.  "I was looking for Yggdrasil," he'd explained hurriedly, his eyes shifting as he jerked his head to look from one side to the other.  "A big giant ash tree. The tree of the gods. I saw Ratatoskr running through here and I was hoping..." For a moment, his demeanor shifted suddenly, and he began to look quite crestfallen. His gaze would shift again to the tree, and he would stare up it for a long moment with a wrinkled nose. Finally, he decided the squirrel had gotten away from him and he would avert his gaze back to the man before him. "Nevermind," he'd say quite decisively a moment later. "This is not the place I hoped, but it will do."

He cast another wary stare to Valentine, regarding him with narrowed eyes. "What is a gorgeous man like you doing around these parts, anyway?" A childlike grin would spread over his lips, head tilting as he aimed to move around him, wanting to circle him like a predator might its prey; and yet his posture was relaxed and lazy, his jaw unhinging as his tongue lashed out to lap at his lips. His movement grew a bit more unstable with each step -- he felt quite graceful when he was in fact stumbling like a drunken fool around to Valentine's side as he examined him. "Are you searching for the gods, too?"

WARNING: Kaprasíus is extremely prone to violence, including maim fights & character claiming.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

04-02-2015, 05:24 PM

Dismayed, the brute launched into an explanation that didn't quite tell him anything. Of course Valentine now knew why, but he didn't know...why. Yggdrasil? Ratatoskr? ...what? His story also did nothing to lessen the suspicion that he was either crazy or high. If anything it served to strengthen it.

Gorgeous, eh? The inner vain part of the King preened and a pleased smirk quirked up the corners of his lips. "Seeking the presence of other gorgeous people. Seems I lucked out." It didn't hurt to test the waters, did it?

The earthen brute began to circle him and Valentine let him until he had to crane his neck to look at him. He then shifted his weight and lazily moved to position them nearly head on again, not quite trusting this stranger enough to give him an advantage no matter how intoxicated his movements suggested he was.

Searching for the gods? That sounded an awful lot like a euphemism (what else could it be? Surely it wasn't supposed to be taken literally!), in which case yes, yes he was. "You caught me," he said coyly, "Indeed I am."

""

Kaprasíus

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
04-06-2015, 10:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2015, 10:25 AM by Kaprasíus.)
Kapra knew that under the influence of strange herbs and mushrooms that he could become infinitely close to the gods. No, he was not hallucinating -- he was simply seeing, perhaps more clearly than he could in his normal state of mind. It was a past time he'd been participating in since a child, and even though Katja - his cousin and travel companion - didn't necessarily agree with it, he was content to enjoy his high when he was off on his own.

A goofy grin was worn plainly on his face. "You certainly have!" he'd explain with a bit of glee. Perhaps he might not connect with the gods today as he had wished... but having a bit of fun didn't sound like such a bad idea. The sudden laughter that had begun to escape from his throat seemed a bit childish, but genuine regardless.

"Which gods do you worship?" he'd ask suddenly, his eyes widening dramatically at the Valentine's admission as he took it far more literally than the other male had intended. Certainly not the Aesir and the Vanir? But there was always the chance... oh, how he would kill to be amongst more like-minded wolves, even if only for a day... "My name is Kaprasíus," the brute would offer, slightly offhandedly, realizing he'd forgotten proper introductions. His staggering would slow slightly as he drew to his front, finally flopping down lazily in front of him.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

04-09-2015, 06:36 PM

"Which gods do you worship?" Another euphemism? There was a bit of a list and Valentine was willing to dabble in the unknown. Some herbs were very common, especially the kind he'd gotten started in, so it was very possible that the two shared the same "gods" to some extent. Even if they didn't the brute was open to trying new things. "I imagine our gods are one and the same," he said cryptically.

Kaprasius, eh? Hell of a name. Sounded big and important, like he came from a line of warriors. Definitely more impressive than the moniker 'Valentine'. Tipping his crown down and to the side a bit, he said warmly, "It's a pleasure, Kaprasius," There was nearly undetectable pause as he tasted the name, then, "My name is Valentine."

Valentine's gaze followed Kapra as he flopped down and then he too moved to a more relaxed position, seating himself slowly in front of the earthen hued brute.

""

Kaprasíus

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
04-16-2015, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2015, 09:21 AM by Kaprasíus. Edit Reason: q )
Oh, what fun this was! Even if this was not the tree he had hoped it was, even if Ratatoskr had escaped him, he was in the presence of a quite handsome man and he was feeling rather good at the moment. His limbs seemed to wobble beneath him as he moved to get a better look at him from the front, grinning like a fool. The connotation that Valentine had extracted from his words was mostly lost on him -- not that he'd be opposed to such ideas -- and he gawked at him, surprised, as he said he worshiped the same gods as he did. "Are you sure?" he'd inquire, his voice perplexed. He had never met another, not in these lands, that worshiped the gods that his family did. And his voice held no accent that might imply he was from the same lands that the Finnvis were from.

His gawking would grow a bit less obvious as he tried to compose himself, though it felt like the earth was spinning around him. Even from his sitting position, everything felt unstable and he was certain he would be suddenly sent toppling to the ground a moment later. "Tell me about these gods then," he said finally, his brows furrowing and a slight look of distrust crossing his features suddenly. Was this man just toying with him? Because he didn't appreciate it.. even if he was nice to look at. Without warning he would take a few steps closer, aiming to close the distance between them and get a good look into Valentine's eyes... since they were the windows to the soul and he wanted to know if he really was a kindred spirit or just an imposter. The distance was far too close for comfort but he'd stare with narrowed eyes at him, waiting.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

04-19-2015, 05:41 PM

The strange, intoxicated creature was suddenly too close for comfort. Valentine wasn't big on trust in the best of circumstances, and this was far from the best. He stood immediately and though he was ready to react aggressively if necessary, the brute stopped just shy of adopting a defensive stance. His chin tucked slightly so he could meet the smaller male's gaze with ease.

In response to Kaprasius' first question, Valentine shrugged. Well, no, he wasn't sure. He'd made an assumption based on past experiences with others who shared his interest in herbs. There had to be loads of "gods" out there that he hadn't tried. Still, he was fairly certain their tastes had to overlap somewhere.

As for the earthen brute's second question, Valen's eyes might have rolled heavenward in thought had his level of trust not dropped with the nearness of the other. "I'm afraid I don't know their names," he admitted truthfully. "I never thought to ask." The King could identify his "gods" by sight and that was about it. He was sure the occasional casual name had been tossed around in his presence, but his focus had almost always been elsewhere.

Where to start? "Let's see...there's the one that is never the same. Sometimes the experience is pleasant and other times...quite a bit less so. Another is powerful, but predictable. Yet another," he mused thoughtfully, "Gives me such energy..." A smirk split his lips as he remembered his time with Cascade. He shrugged again. "But that doesn't really do them justice, does it? I feel there are too many to name without taking up your afternoon."

""

Kaprasíus

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
04-27-2015, 10:33 AM
The brute's brows remained furrowed, his look curious and confused, searching Valentine's features for some hint that he might actually be referring to the same gods as he was.. and yet he found nothing. He watched as Valentine shifted to a slightly guarded posture, and he'd pull back abruptly. He hadn't meant to be rude, but he was curious! His ears would flick on his skull as the other man began to speak, wanting to hear what he had to offer.

It hit him suddenly that Valentine had taken his words the wrong way. Still he listened, finding truth in his words, though he most certainly was not talking about actual gods. When the realization was clear, he began to laugh, quite freely, obviously amused at his mistake. "You are not talking about actual gods, are you?" he'd ask finally, but carefully, wondering if this new acquaintance would be as amused at his mistake. The last thing he wanted to do was embarrass him, because he really was quite nice to stare at and seemed to be good company to boot. "I was... but if you're talking about a certain group of plants.." he found himself grinning lopsidedly, finding humor in their muddled communication. He still felt the word sway around him and his claws would grip at the soil as he sought to remain upright. "I mostly certainly worship those too.."

He found his mind wandering, amusement slipping away as an idea formed. "I... may have found a plant, a ways back," he offered carefully, raising a brow as he tried to focus his vision on Valentine. "if you want to join me in this.. worshiping?" He grinned again, such an innocent expression for a deed that was seen as dark by so many.. all he could think of was having a partner in his journey and he couldn't imagine anything more enjoyable right now.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

05-06-2015, 08:12 PM

The laughter gave him pause and Valentine stilled. "You are not talking about actual gods, are you?" queried the other and Valen's brow furrowed. Wait...he was talking about actual gods? There was a moment of stunned and silent incredulity before the brute let out a booming laugh. His expression bright and amused, he tipped his head back and briefly stared up into the trees. "I'm not," he confirmed, gaze returning to Kaprasius. "I thought that was the oddest question, but I went with it anyway," he explained, still chuckling. "I was... but if you're talking about a certain group of plants.." Valentine's ears pricked forward at this. "I mostly certainly worship those too.." A ghost of a smile pulled up the corners of Valentine's lips. It was obvious he did and that was largely to blame for their misunderstanding.

"I... may have found a plant, a ways back," Valen's eyebrows rose. Oh? He liked where this was going. "If you want to join me in this.. worshiping?" A grin rivaling Kapra's in intensity lifted his lips. "I'd like that very much."

""

Kaprasíus

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
06-01-2015, 09:56 AM
For a moment, he pictured how Katja might react to his new friend -- and what they planned to do together. Surely her face would be as stoic as ever, her expression set as though carved from stone itself, though he was an expert at reading the subtleties of her expressions. The slightest quiver of her lips, or a quick aversion of her gaze could speak volumes. His own face was far more easy to read. Especially now, with his wide, amused grin that he didn't bother to contain.

Valentine's confirmation made him chuckle in glee. "It is not always easy to find others with such interests," he'd begin, his words a bit hurried as excitement took over him. It seemed the realization had sobered him slightly, and his paws moved with more fluidity as he stood and shuffled away from Valentine. He agreed to join him and his grin would widen further, his tail flicking behind him gleefully.

"It was..." he spun around, sniffing at the air, as though trying to remember which way he'd came. "This way!" He'd begin to hurry in that direction quickly, glancing behind him to ensure that Valentine was following, though soon he was nearly running in the direction he had intended.

It didn't take long for him to come to the spot he'd spent some time in earlier, a handful of minutes at best. He slowed to a halt, panting slightly, as his eyes searched the foliage. His eyes rested on a small bunch of plants, from which sprouted plain white flowers and dark green leaves. "Have you ever tried these?" he'd ask, a hint of desperation in his tones as he glanced from the plant to Valentine, and back. Hells Bells, they called it, though there was nothing hellish about this plant. His eyes would sparkle as he leaned forward to grab one of the plant's leaves between his teeth and begin to gnaw on it gingerly.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

06-04-2015, 08:38 PM

"It is not always easy to find others with such interests." Valentine dipped his head slightly in agreement. That was very true. Kaprasius began to move away from him and Valentine followed languidly. He wasn't entirely sure what he was getting himself into and he was well aware of the danger, but he was hoping it would be worth it. His companion seemed a little...off, but he tried not to hold that against him given his current state.

As Kaprasius' pace quickened, so did Valen's. In no time at all they arrived and Valentine was presented with a very unimpressive looking plant. "Have you ever tried these?" Nope, never. He was sure of it. "Can't say I have. What's it called?" His companion was quick to nibble at a leaf and after a moment's hesitation, Valentine tore a leaf off and began to chew on it too. His muzzle wrinkled as he did so; he hated the taste of plants. No matter the kind, they all tasted bad.

Unsure of the appropriate amount, he stopped at a single leaf and watched Kaprasius to see how many he took. This whole business was risky, but what was life without a little risk? He was willing to take his chances for a good time. There was only so much pack monotony he could take.

""