Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
03-26-2015, 09:19 AM
There were certainly days that Novella felt better than others. Her mood still swung back and forth between the highs and lows but those days she felt a little more upbeat she felt far more hopeful and far more like herself. She could beat it, whatever this thing was she could and would somehow get better, maybe not yet but at some point. She was looking after herself a little better, still not quite to her usual strength but that too would come in time.

Today was going to be a better day. She felt it the moment she opened her eyes. It had been a restful sleep, no thoughts or worries haunting her in her dreams and she awoke in a brighter mood. The sun was still low, hadn't risen properly though like those early days of her pregnancy she was ready to get up and move. An idea hit her as she lifted her head and glanced to her mate. Carefully she would shift so as not to disturb Fate and Luck and gently would nuzzle the dark form of her husband, intending to wake him.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
03-26-2015, 09:56 AM
He had never really been a light sleeper, but since he had been quite worried about Novella (and they had two very mobile children) his sleep never got enough that he wasn't easy to wake up. The result was less sleep, but he seemed to find it more often. He took more naps through out the day where he was sure one blue eye remained open at all times. Frith wasn't half bad at running things by himself, he was adjusting well. Not that he didn't miss Novella's presence in alpha activities, but he was comping well enough that she could take her time on recovery. And he knew she was making a recovery.

He was still quite passed out when she leaned over to nuzzle him, of course he would be conscious on impact. Blinking open his bicolored gaze he'd shift his features to take in the form that had woken him, a loving smile would slip onto his lips. A quick yawn would slip from his lips as he looked up to her beautiful face, "Is it morning already?" He'd ask softly so he might not wake up their children.

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
03-26-2015, 11:12 AM
It wouldn't take more than her soft touch to disturb Frith from his sleep. In a moment he was up, eyes blinking open and looking back to her a yawn slipping free before he enquired about the time. "Not quite." Novella responded. "It's still very early." She only felt a little bad for waking him, he had woken her once at this time around year ago and she would repeat the gesture now for him.

"Come with me." Not so much of a question, she was sure that he would follow. Fate and Luck would be fine, they were getting far too good at scampering off really though Novella knew that their elder were definitely keeping them in check to some extent. Now she would carefully free herself from the sleeping pup's forms, stepping over them towards the entrance, pausing just outside as she waited for Frith.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
03-26-2015, 01:29 PM
Novella's soft voice would break through the quiet as he finished returning from sleep, it wasn't quite morning yet but he could already feel the anticipation of the sun's rise. The day was just beginning, and for the first time in a long time Novella was the one to wake him instead of the other way around. Already it seemed like it was going to be a beautiful day, in more ways than just feelings the sun shine on his back. He would receive one command, one that he wouldn't ever dream of disobeying. A mischievous grin would sneak on to his features as she slipped from the den delicately, he too would dodge the little rug rats as he slipped from the entrance of their family den. Novella was there waiting for him as he found himself outside. "Where are we going?" He'd ask her with curiosity as he nuzzled into her neck, enjoying the close contact and breathing in her scent. He'd follow where ever it was she wished to go, but he was already getting a feeling of where she might take him.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
03-26-2015, 02:59 PM
Frith would waste no time in following though for a few seconds she continued to look past him and back into the den, just to make sure they hadn't disturbed Fate and Luck. They still remained snuggled up together, eyes closed and a soft and steady rhythm to their breathing. They weren't waking up just yet.

Novella would lean into her mate's touch as he nuzzled her, a small smile playing upon her lips as he asked where they were going. She was sure that he already knew anyway but all the same she wouldn't tell him just yet. "You'll see." She responded, breaking from his touch to lead the way. Of course she was heading to the falls, to their little crystal cave for the sunrise. It had been a while since their last trip and today, feeling a little brighter she intended to enjoy the beautiful hideaway for a while with her mate.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
03-27-2015, 12:30 AM
Their still very small pups would not be disturbed as their parents slipped from the den, now that he and Novella knew what they were doing leaving them wasn't so hard. They cared just as much about Fate and Luck as they did their first litter, but with a little more experience came knowing when to sneak some alone time. He was eager as well, Novella seemed more like herself than he'd seen her since before the birth of Fate and Luck. He couldn't help but grin as he saw the soft smile play across her maw. "You'll see." She would tease him, not that he had any doubts of where they were headed. She wouldn't leave his grasp for long, he would follow after her. He'd come to follow at her hip, his muzzle reaching over to play at the fur on her scruff as they walked. He had a taste of his love back, and he was hardly about to waste his time with her.

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
03-27-2015, 01:27 AM
Novella had been such a worried mother before the birth of their first litter and even caring for them afterwards, scared in her lack of skills that if she wasn't careful she might harm them or let harm come to them in some way. Gradually and with Frith and her parents helping her she had begun to learn that wasn't case and the second time around she had felt so much more confident to begin with.

Had she gotten overconfident during the pregnancy, had this entire thing simply been nature's way of telling her she ought to be more cautious? Who knew though such thoughts hadn't entered her mind yet nor would they now. Much in the same way Frith intended to enjoy the moments of her feeling more like herself, Novella intended to savour them too.

Now nearing the Falls, Novella was certain that her mate knew exactly where their destination was. Once more she would move ahead of him, entering the water to make her way towards the hidden tunnel and up into their crystal cave without another word to him. The dancing rainbow patterns still managed to fascinate her each time they made it up here, it was so beautiful. Revelling in her moment of appreciation, her mismatched gaze would linger upon the walls rather than looking back to the tunnel to await Frith.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
03-27-2015, 06:54 AM
He felt like he and Novella made a rather good team, especially knowing their sickness patterns. Thankfully the pair had each other to count on. While Frith was sick Novella had easily picked up the duties of alpha on her own, now that she needed a break the man had no problem being the sole leader and the most active parent. He was happy to be able to be here to do such tasks for her, and knew he would do anything to make her smile.

There weren't many thoughts that were going to break through the brute's mind as he spent his early morning with his wife, he was wholly focused on her. As she made it to the water her form would slip ahead of him, allowing for the pair to slip single file into the secret cave. The cool water felt good on his already warming body, but the inside of the cave was at a perfect temperature. He would sigh contentedly as he slipped through the entrance and was greeted with the brilliance of the cave beneath. Not that it could hold a candle to Novella's beauty.

His bicolored gaze would be captured by her simple beauty as her eyes wandered the rainbows above them. His smile hadn't moved much as he made his way towards her. Again he'd nuzzle into her fur, determined that she wasn't going to retreat from his grasp so quickly again. With his side coming to press against her own he'd litter her neck with affectionate kisses. "I love you, Novella." He'd whisper as he trailed up to her ear, his features wanting to come to rest atop her head as he smirked playfully.

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
03-27-2015, 07:05 AM
It wouldn't take long at all for her mate to join her, moving to sit close to her side. Once more Novella would lean into his touch, content now to sit and stay there with no other destinations in mind just yet. No she simply wanted to enjoy this peaceful moment with her mate, the first they had been able to spend quietly together really since he had whisked her away to Alabastrine Shrine. That moment right there had probably been the start of some improvement in her, she hadn't really noticed it herself then, but she could certainly feel it now.

"And I love you." She replied, shuffling in a little closer to Frith as he rested his head atop of her own. A part of her was tempted to look back to him now, though comfortable in their little embrace she wouldn't disturb either of them and instead would keep her eyes upon the walls.

"Thank you." She added after a few moments of silence had passed. She knew it was ridiculous really, that he would simply brush off her thanks but she felt the need to speak them anyway. "For everything. You truly are amazing Frith, I don't know what I would do without you."

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
03-27-2015, 11:44 AM
Novella would lean back into him as he made his way to her side, his smile unmistakable as he enjoyed her small affections. Though their little cave was anything but quiet, the roar of the water outside was clearly heard but it was more of a white noise. It prevented sound from coming in and getting out, which certainly helped keep their little getaway quiet. He was still amazed that he'd found this place, but even more he was happy he did and he'd been able to share it with his Queen. He would cherish this peaceful moment, as well as the improvement Novella had been making. Since the shrine she had started seeming so much more like her old self.

"And I love you." He'd grin like mad, no matter how many times she told hi he still felt butterflies playing in his stomach when she uttered those words. He'd tilt his head slightly to kiss her cranium as she pushed back farther into his embrace. He'd hold her close, wanting no other wolf than her for eternity. Silence would hold them for a long time, he would enjoy the feeling of her being so close as he breathed in her scent and thanked the heavens for a gift like her. "Thank you." He was kind of start;ed at the words, wasn't she the one that had brought him here? Was she thanking him for coming? He wouldn't get to many more questions as she explained further. "You know I will say the same for you. Novella, I truly believe that you are my other half, my soul mate, the one I was destined for. I will always do everything in my power to make sure you have a smile on your face." He'd whisper to her as he nuzzled her gently. "I will always be here for you." He loved her more than anything, and partially he felt like he needed to uphold his duty to her parents and take care of her for the rest of her days.

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
03-27-2015, 12:03 PM
Time had dragged on during her depression though was still stolen away from her astoundingly quickly. She couldn't believe how much her children had grown, nor that they were nearing the end of the Summer already and yet it had felt like forever since she had been herself and at times had almost felt like she would never get better. Today could quickly be stolen by her low moods though, she would try hold onto it, this moment in hopes that from here things would finally only go up.

Perhaps it was somewhat silly of her to thank her mate for doing the very thing he had promised, the very thing she would do if the situations were reversed. She had cried and been such an awful mess lately and with what seemed like no real reason. She'd apologised to him countless times during that period when rare moments of clarity would hit her though he would brush off each one in much the same way he brushed off her thanks now.

"I know. But I still have to say it." She pointed out to him. "And I know you tell me to stop apologising, but I can't help it, I've not been easy lately." Frith had certainly been there through the good times and the bad times. She knew she could count on him, though she didn't wish to abuse that and still felt the need to thank him even if it was just for him being himself.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
03-27-2015, 12:48 PM
As he grew older time seemed to start going by fast er and faster, he was sure their first litter had stayed smaller for longer. Fate and Luck were growing like weeds. They were bigger everyday, and before they knew it their tiny littles ones would be off finding their own dens and really getting into training. Time flew. In the next couple of years the pair would have to start thinking about grandchildren, not that any of their pups had prospect at the moment. He knew he would be a lot like Dutiron wen it came to their children finding their own love. He just wanted to keep them as his forever, but he knew he couldn't expect that.

Novella would apologize and thank him for all she'd put him through lately, but she knew they were not needed already. He had swore to protect her and uphold her no matter what, he was bound by his oath of love and that would never change. No matter how bad it got, or how terrible she thought she was. He would always love her and support her and help in every way he could. "That might be true, but you're still my wife and even if you aren't easy I'll still be here to help." He'd offer back softly as his head left her skull and his muzzle would place tender nips down her neck.

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
03-27-2015, 01:01 PM
Actually Novella thought the opposite in some ways. Aslan at least had grown astoundingly quickly and perhaps it was his large size that had always made Varda and Herne look so much smaller although Fate had that same effect on Luck. She would agree with her mate on the matter that they grew up too quickly however, how was it possible that their first little had been running around helping to keep the pack in check? They would always be her babies, and likely always seem too young for things.

He would reassure her that no matter how difficult she became he would still be there to help her. "And I for you, my husband." She added. She hoped that the day would come swiftly that she could be a better rock for her mate once more, not that she longed any time soon for a day when he no longer had his strength or right mind. Surely it was about time for them to lead as a healthy pair again?

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
03-27-2015, 01:22 PM
Frith would continue to groom at her neck, far to much time had passed since he'd been able to indulge in one of hs most favorite activities. The scent of her coupled with how close she was reminded him over and over again why he loved her so much. Frist couldn't live with out this woman he was absolutely sure, if she left him the wouldn't be able to make it. She was stuck with him for the rest of his life. "And I for you, my husband." He knew it to be true. She had been there to care for him during his own sickness, which had been a long time as well. Soon enough they would both be in top condition and they could really be a team again. He looked forward to her recovery and would do as much as he could to continue her progress to that goal.

His muzzle would continue to explore her neck, though as the time went by he ad shifted to the point where her shoulders met. He would linger there, kissing her fur softly as he breathed her in and got lost in her perfume. A soft sigh would filter from his lips as he pulled her in closer, wanting nothing more than to feel her next to him.

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
03-27-2015, 01:46 PM
For a while they fell into silence again, just the drumming of the water the steady rhythm that despite it's volume was surprisingly easy to relax too. Perhaps it had something to do with the crystals and those rainbows, they were growing brighter now as the sun's rays grew stronger. Novella's gaze continued to watch the way they danced around the cave, all the while enjoying the affections and attentions she received from her mate. Her mind was busy, pondering upon a few thoughts though none negative like those that had plagued her recently.

"We should do something." She suddenly broke the silence once more, twisting her head to glance towards Frith now, shuffling her position slightly to make the action easier. "With the pack. They've had barely any lessons or anything to really pull them together, and it's about time something good happened for everyone." She wasn't entirely sure what she wished for, but her good mood today had certainly lifted her spirits and thoughts and the rest of the pack should share that with her. Not necessarily right this moment but some time over the next few days perhaps.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
03-28-2015, 01:36 PM
He wouldn't disturb the silence for a long moment, instead the man would just enjoy holding his wife in his arms. He was more concerned over her than the beautiful rainbows that had really started shining on them now. She seemed more relaxed now than he'd seen her in far to long, and he couldn't deny that it made him feel amazing. He would have sat there all day playing with her fur, but he was distracted by the sweet sound of her voice. His contact would be broken as she looked back into his gaze, her eagerness would not go unnoticed. What would they do with the pack? He couldn't deny how right she was though, too much time had passed since the pack had really been brought together. "What shall we do? I know we should officially introduce Fate and Luck. Should we hunt, have a feast?" He'd offer a quick nuzzle before pulled back away from her. "Whatever your heart desires, my love."

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
03-28-2015, 01:45 PM
Novella hadn't really got any sure ideas just yet, merely the start of some kind of plan that would hopefully soon be set in motion. Frith it seemed however had some sort of idea and would offer a suggestion, a formal introduction for the new children. Aslan, Varda and Herne had never had such a ceremony though of course busy with starting up a pack and surrounded entirely by family it hadn't been the right time. Threar had started to grow lately however and perhaps an official ceremony would be nice. After the formalities of such an event a feast and joyful environment would certainly be nice. There could be general chatter, Fate and Luck could experience their first real pack gathering. It was a good idea. "I like that idea. Perhaps it's something we can do for every litter born within Threar." A new tradition to start, a welcoming ceremony for new pups.

There was an idea brewing in her mind though, for something more. For so long she had wished to bond more with her allies and perhaps even offer an opportunity for their neutral acquaintances to get to know them better. "Maybe we could do something with our allies as well, and the packs we are on good terms with." It was perhaps a little crazy to be planning such events given her recent state but she was certainly eager for good things to happen.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
03-28-2015, 02:18 PM
He really only threw out ideas that came off the top of his head, he really wouldn't put much thought in his words but as Novella took them it seemed like he might have been on to something after all. Surely though showing off the newest members of the pack could do some real good to bring everyone together. Having a feast at the end just seemed like a big booming finish. Novella voiced easily that she liked his idea, giving her own spin on what their party could be like. A tradition to be carried out continuously? Frith could get used to that, would they extend the invitation to those just joining the pack? Probably just pups would make things simpler. "That sounds acceptable." He'd smile.

He hadn't expected her next words though, a gathering of their allies? The thought seemed plausible and they certainly could do with strengthening the ties they held to other packs. How far would they go? Maybe an open invitation to Secretua and Fiori? He knew Novella had family within the old Sawtooth walls, maybe it would be a good excuse to reunite. With Abaven as well. "I can see this plan working, we could use to strengthen some bonds." He'd nuzzle into her again, this time not relinquishing their close proximity, "Today though, I want you all to myself."

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
03-28-2015, 02:31 PM
The idea of celebrating the new members of the pack hadn't occurred to her, this plan she viewed more as a celebration of the new life that had been born. It was of course a little belated for her own children, a season had passed since they had been born after all. There was little that could be done about that of course, her illness had seen to that though if her sudden vigour for life had brought through ideas for new traditions she wouldn't mind so much.

Frith wouldn't think her idea completely foolish. Perhaps she should have taken it easy though he too was wrapped up in the ideas of celebrations as well it seemed and thought her own a good way to strengthen bonds, just what she hoped to achieve with it. She smiled happily at the thoughts, nuzzling back into her mate as he declared today would be for them. "Of course, though we will have to return to Fate and Luck, we can't stay here all day." She pointed out. She may have gotten a little more lenient with parenting this time around but not that much that she would leave them without either parent around to watch them.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
03-28-2015, 04:18 PM
He probably should have been a bit more concerned about her health and how well she was recovering when the thought to really get back into life and alpha duties. She seemed so well today though, he didn't have any doubts that she would flourish with the celebrations. Especially introducing their new children into the pack officially, that would certainly be a feast to remember. He would find no faults in any of it, though Novella was quick to remind him of their duty to those same children they spoke of now. She would nuzzle into him but that didn't help ease her words. His ears would fall to his skull as he huffed, "Wasn't Aslan or Varda coming to play with them this morning? We could say we both went out early on patrol," He's whisper to her as he nipped playfully at her scruff. He knew she wasn't going to buy it, and he wasn't even actually sure that either child were coming to the den.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]