size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
03-28-2015, 12:07 PM

After he had smoothed things over with Wren, he moved from her side to a more open space in the plains. It was time to start training at last, after his large speech at the meeting. He had hoped that all took it well, even though he was tightening up the loose ends that kept dangling in front of his face. But no longer. Abaven would once again be a known pack name, and he would have wolves knocking on his border to join their ranks. Letting out a sharp huff, his tail curled over his spine as his head lifted, calling all the fighters to him. There had been a little break since he had to speak with his wife, and he didn't want to think that he had left them all hanging. As his head lowered, his shoulders rolled forward as his golden eyes scanned the open plains, waiting for everyone else to join him. Then he would pair them off and watch just how much his wolves knew.

Allen

gems
size
build
player
03-28-2015, 03:11 PM

Allen would choose to hold his own training off until after he had attended Bass’ fight training to give not only himself, but the rest of the messengers and field medics a chance to attend the fight training as well. Being battle ready was truly half of any battle. The aging man would follow to where Bass was alone for the moment. The man had taken a moment to speak to his wife before coming out here, but Allen knew that he wouldn’t leave them hanging. The man would glance over his shoulder, hoping that soon the others would show as well. It would not bode well to keep their Azat waiting.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'
Table by:: Tealah

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
03-28-2015, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2015, 03:40 PM by Motif I.)

Motif had spoken quickly with Shaye and Shai before following Bass to his chosen area for training. She would have to speak with him later about what path Shai wanted to follow in life. Her chosen career clenched at her heart a little, but she would accept whatever it was that her girl wanted in life. She was here to get to know the wolves of this pack better, to see who needed extra help in learning how to fight – she would concentrate more on those people, and to assist Bass with his training.

She had gotten a little lax herself when it came to fight practice, and knew she would be finding herself in the battlefield sometime soon to practice with strangers – she liked doing it that way, it gave her new perspectives and techniques to work on. She shook her head, she could worry about herself later, today she intended to help those that needed it the most, she would pick out 1-2 wolves after today's training and ask Bass if she could give them extra and individual training

She would move to Bass's side to ask him this very thing. "Brother mine" she said fondly, as she nuzzled him in greeting "I want to stand on the side lines in this training, to watch them fight help giver pointers, and if you approve to pick out those that need it the most for extra training" she raised an eyebrow as she looked at him and waited for his opinion

Speech
Thought

Calypsei

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
03-29-2015, 11:09 AM
As promised, a fight training session would be called. Calypsei had the intentions to go to every training session possible to open up the ideas and help her expand her knowledge. Her eyes narrowed as her sea blue legs carried her cyan body across the lands she now called home. She would arrive, finding that she was not the first to do so. She would dip her head to both Bass and Motif before offering her eager greeting. "I am ready to learn." The words carried the determination and weight of a two season old child with much ambition. She had been through much, and she would not stop trying to overcome it.
Help me with PROJECT DANCE or PLOT WITH ME

Avatar Credit goes to euphoriclies on dA/Sarah on RoW

Limno

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
03-29-2015, 11:47 AM
AND I HAVE TO PROTECT YOU.
The lady had no clue how to fight, so it would be logical that she was nervous. Of course, it wasn't like she didn't know self defence, but she had done most of the hunting back home. Being in a pack was whole new territory, and yet she was willing to learn even if she felt she would fail. Limno trotted along, her tail wagging behind her as she kept her clean smile on her face. She was happy to see Bass there, her nervousness melted away but the only one she really knew was him being fresh into the pack itself.

"Nice day everyone!" she greeted kindly and enthusiastically. Here came the girl with no experience, butterflies in her stomach, yet on the outside looked more confident than ever. Head held high, her chest puffed out, she wasn't very big or bulky either. Being only a normal average sized wolf, with a slim figure since she rarely fought. The pera would wait for instruction.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Wren

gems
size
build
player
03-29-2015, 01:37 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/hv3rif.png" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="width:550px; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top; border-radius: 25px; background-color:#16211f">
Wren followed her husband to the open space in which he would hold the fight training, her ears falling back against her head as he howled, summoning everyone to the area. It was a little loud and surprising, so she stood from afar until he was finished, then skipped back over to his side and seated herself. Considering she was still a Bjuni, she was willing to begin training again. After it, it had been quite a while since she had done any sparring or training. With her sickness, and then her pregnancy, she didn't have the time before. Now, she did. And she was ready. A sigh streamed from her inky lips, and she slowly leaned again Bass, her tail curling around her paws. But she didn't stay there for long. Others began to arrive, including Allen and Motif. She quickly sat up straight and smiled at each of them, her minty green eyes glowing. "Allen," She hummed, dipping her head with respect.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
03-29-2015, 02:55 PM

"It doesn't matter where I am, I know that I'm not perfect, and if I can't save people, what worth am I?"

Fight training, when was his last time dealing with this? He couldn't exactly remember, he spent most of his days searching for something lost. As he trudged on the ground to the others, his eyes moved over the group. He smiled at Bass giving a dip of his head sitting near the man. He was warming up his muscles a little, he stretched himself against the ground and settled down again. Quelt's black tail curled around his haunches. The man's red and blue eyes looked over the crowd carefully once more.

Of course he wouldn't say a word, although he thought in the back of his mind he should have. Yet getting back into the swing of things wasn't exactly easy. After all, he missed so much and it was as if a whole season of his memory was gone or the sort. He threw the thoughts away, he couldn't be stressing himself out right in the middle of this. It was do or die basically.

Speech,

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
03-30-2015, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2015, 09:00 AM by Lark.)

His father had told them all at the last pack meeting that he was tired of letting Abaven sit in the shadows. He wanted them to all become stronger, both individually and as a group, and to let their pack be one known all across the lands. Lark's own dream was for Abaven to become a pack that was not only respected, but feared, as he knew his father ought to be. The child had no doubt that his father's strength was unparalleled, even if he had lost in battle once before. It must've merely been a fluke. It would not happen again.

The large boy was quick to answer his father's call, eager for the possibility of learning to truly fight. Though Bass had taken him on a hunt before, what little he knew of fighting had just been from observation, not participation. Feeling eager, he'd increase his pace to a brisk run, finding himself panting softly when he finally came upon the group that had already gathered. He was happy that his mother was there, and instinctively he would close the distance that was left between himself and his parents -- but none of his siblings were there. A slight frown painted his features as he searched for them. Were none of them interested in fighting? The thought of being paired with an adult wasn't a great one and he found his eyes narrowing as he examined the group, nodding in greeting to his father.

Tinaro

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Varda
03-31-2015, 01:05 AM
The leader of the pack had spoken of fight training at the meeting, which had caught the pup's interest. Ever since his ears had gotten ahold of the fact that his brother supposedly knew how to fight, he was itching to cause some sibling rivalry. At the sight of the adults who had arrived for training, it brought him the urge to crawl into a ball and shrivel back to the family's den. Was fight training only for adults? But this was his first chance to fight and learn from the experienced members of Abaven. Really, he had less than a season to go and already he was taller than the small adults. Bass could understand, right?

To be on the safe side, he cautiously walked on his tippy-toes to gain an extra inch in his lanky height. At the same time he decided it was too much of a struggle (which also made him look quite immature) and quite tiring, his blank gaze found the form of another slightly larger boy. If he could be there, Tinaro could as well - despite the other pup was in fact the son of the Azat. He seated himself not far from the other boy, feeling rather awkward as he had no-one to blab to. Instead, he puffed his chest out to rid his mind of those silly lonely emotions. Why should he feel forlorn when he was going to fight?

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
03-31-2015, 01:21 AM
Once again Starling had found himself nose deep in a natural bouquet of flowers, his nose so full of pollen a bee could sustain a hive off it. It was at these times, when he was enjoying summer’s gifts and fetching herbs that he was slowly learning that his father would call. It was always like this, wasn’t it? But this time, it was for something rather important, something he didn’t want to miss. With a hum, and shining blue eyes, he would stand on his tall, gawky legs. With a toss of his head he’d shake the pollen from his fur before grinning and beginning to run (amble) towards the training session.

Unlike Lark, starling rather liked being in the shadows. He wasn’t sure if he could handle it if they went off to war, or began to fight in some way. There was only so much his nerves could handle. But also unlike Lark, Starling had very limited knowledge on the politics of the pack. All he wanted to do was pick flowers, speak Italian and kiss booboos. But that didn’t mean he didn’t want to be like Lark. And it was so like his Big Brother to find himself at the fighting training session. Starling wasn’t sure what his recent desire to be like his larger brother came from, but he knew it was there. Lark seemed much more…confident than Starling, and some part of the little herbologist wanted to be like that too. He stumbled into the training, tripping over his own paws (like usual) and landing with a rather elegant puff of dust in front of his brother. With a whimper turned laugh he’d look up at him, an embarrassed smile pulling at his lips. ”A-am I late?” He asked in his small voice, picking himself up off the ground and shaking out his fur, again. With a grin directed at his father and mother he would pick a spot closer to his brother, hoping that he wouldn’t be sent away, or that anyone paired with him would be upset. He wasn’t exactly…a fighter. In any sense of the word.

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
04-13-2015, 11:39 AM

The wolves started to pour in, slowly forming a group around Bass. Allen was first, who he dipped his head towards. He was glad that the man would place his training after this, it was important that they all were here. Motif came soon after him, telling him that she wanted to work with a few others one on one, that she wanted to observe rather than fight. He tisked his tongue softly, he had hoped that she would be fighting as well. But he wasn't a fool, he saw the point in her words. "Alright, but next time you won't be so lucky to get out of training." He said teasingly, bumping his shoulder against her own. Bass' attention was grabbed when the last of the wolves poured in, Calypsei seeming eager to learn. Grinning at the girl, he watched as Limno made herself look as big as possible. He bit his lower lip to stifle a chuckle, but he was pleased with how excited everyone seemed to be. Wren -- who had been leaned against him -- moved to Allen's side and he watched her go, a longing in his gaze. Bass adored his wife at his side, and always missed her when she was gone. Lark came in next, seeming to glance around at all the older wolves, while dipping his head at Bass. It was true though, Lark seemed to be the only one here his age thus far. That was, until M
Tinaro and Starling came in one after another. Mmm, it would seem that they were a bit at odds here. However, with Lark's already staggering side, he doubted that he would do bad against a young adult. Thinking this over, he stood and began the training.

"Thank you all for coming today. Some of you may or may not know the basics of fighting, but today we are going to break away from the standard attacks. In most fights, it usually begins with a charge, body slam, bite, and paw slam. I am going to be watching each of your spars to make sure that you do not start with these attacks. Challenge each other! Start in a battle face to face, or with one of you in an odd position. Come at your opponent from their flank, of even from behind. In war, you will not always start a fight face to face. Sometimes you might even jump in to help a pack mate, and have to attack a wolf that is reared up. These are the things I will be looking for, and will be challenging you to do." He paused, his yellow eyes glancing around the group to think of pairs. "I am going to assign you a spar partner, as well as an odd starting point that you must start in." Looking to the younger ones first, he eyed Lark. "Lark and Limno, you will be partners. You will be starting your spar close up. I want no more than a foot between you two." Even though there was an age gap, Lark was already pretty close to being the same height at Limno. This way his son would have more experience fighting against an older, larger wolf. Not that he would meet many wolves taller than him, but it wad good practice. "Starling and Tinaro, you will be partners. You two are going to start your spar close up as well. However, you two will start with your toes touching." It was a strange one... but that didn't matter. He knew that the children had less training, and was trying to give them a bit of an easier set up to work with. "Wren and Allen, you will be partners. Your spar will start with one of you attacking from behind." He knew that there was a height difference, but he couldn't help it. The wolves here came in all shapes and sizes. "Quelt and Calypsei, you will be partners. You will start your spar with one of you attacking from either of your opponents flanks." He eyed Motif then, nodding at her slightly. "Motif is going to be my other pair of eyes, to help me watch the eight of you fight. Now break off and begin your fights!"

OOC:
Sorry for the wait! But now that the skills are live, this spars will count towards your fighting skill.
Pairs are as followed, just to make sure that you saw them and don't have to read through my block of text. Please remember to start a new thread, and to start in the positions given to you! Sorry about some of the pairs, I was trying to go height and age wise but then Riv ended up fighting herself every time...
Lark & Limno -- Face to face with no more than a foot apart
Starling & Tinaro -- Face to face with toes touching
Wren & Allen -- One attacking from behind
Quelt & Calypsei -- Attacking from either flank

Lark

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

Famous
04-16-2015, 07:42 AM

It was slightly surprising that the one one of his siblings to appear was Starling. Not only late, but reeking of flowers. Lark couldn't help but snort, though he wore a small smile, amusement flickering in his eyes. 'Am I late?' he'd ask as he stumbled in and he shook his head slowly. "Almost, but no," he chuckled softly, leaning to press his nose to Starling's cheek in simple greeting. Was his brother interested in fighting too? It was a bit surprising -- he'd always been very interested in herbs, something Lark found dreadfully boring despite their usefulness.

Soon after Starling arrived, their father spoke. He told them it wouldn't be a standard fight, which concerned him slightly.. since he had never even tried to fight before. The basics seemed pretty obvious to him, but he figured he might have to go over things after with Bass if he wasn't sure how he'd done. Half-expected to get put with Starling or Tinaro, since they were his age, but he was surprised when he was put with someone else. He was partially glad; it would've been hard to have an honest fight with Starling, as the last thing he wanted to do was hurt his brother. A smile of encouragement was offered to Starling before they would be ushered away, and he'd follow near Limno as they moved to begin their fight.

-exit Lark-