ardent

Let's Get Down To Business

Allen

gems
size
build
player
03-28-2015, 02:02 PM

Allen would not leave Bass disappointed. The man was right, while the pack was united and strong as a unite of closeness, their actual training and fighting strength had faltered. They needed to work to better that, something that would take the entire pack to do. It would be a series of training, and he, as Gamrean, would lead the training for the Pera, Paluni, and others interested in such a rank within Abaven. The man would pad to an area within the plains, his mind at work as to how exactly he was going to run this training session. He was not used to being in the leader sort of position, but he was certainly capable of leading this youths. He only needed to try and share the wisdom he had. The rest would fall into place as the others followed his instruction and made their own takes on things.

Satisfied with where he came to a stop the man would tilt his muzzle to the sky, letting loose a howl for the members of Abaven to join him. He would also attend the hunt if he was able, as well as the and healing training. All the skills, especially for wolves under his rank, were crucial. They needed to be well rounded. They needed a bit of everything to be successful, to bear the burden of picking up the slack in any position. He would need to truly shape these wolves into something great... and he wasn't about to let Bass down.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Table by:: Tealah

Shrike

gems
size
build
player
03-28-2015, 02:20 PM
The words of his father and the calico man he had run into had been what stuck to Shrike. Abaven needed to become stronger again, to really show the world what they were made of. So he would too! He was already great, but that just meant he could make the pack greater too! That just left one very, very important decision. Which rank should he choose to train in? Which rank suited him the best? The boy would look at his options. Healing. Hunting. Fighting. Field Medic. It seemed like the last one would be best, so that he could do a bit of everything. He liked plants, but not enough to only focus on them! So he would follow after Allen, the man in charge of training the most rounded of the ranks. Somewhere behind him Finch was following, with a bit of encouragement. Shrike wanted her to do the same thing as him!

Shrike would be the first to arrive after the calico man had called, and he would flop his rear end on the ground with a puff of dirt rising up behind him. He would smile brightly at the other, his tail thumping the earth in excitement. "So would you say that this is the best rank to have, Mr. Allen? Since you can know everything?" The boy would pipe up.

"Speech!"
'Thoughts!'

Table by:: Eve

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
03-28-2015, 07:31 PM
The tall man would follow the sound of Allen's voice after he'd attened fight training. Though he'd thought about becoming strictly a hunter he couldn't deny the pull of his roots, the need to protect and serve what was right and his. He'd once tried to be the guardian of the mouth of the goddess, he'd lost that to his brother. He wasn't going to lose this opportunity now. He had to protect his daughter, and motif.. The woman still brought goosebumps to his fur. He couldn't focus on her and their developing relationship now though, as his massive frame would stride into the open area where the Gamrean and Bass's son stood. With a quick nod to each the monster wolf would lean back onto his haunches and wait for everything to start.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Limno

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
03-28-2015, 11:21 PM
AND I HAVE TO PROTECT YOU.
It was oddly enough after speaking with Quelt left her completely irritated. Already after meeting him once they had gotten into an argument. She left the large blue man with her tail flicking behind her. Almost thankful a meeting for her rank had been called. She tried to put it in the back of her mind, digging in a deep breath she smiled and continued until she reached the small cluster of wolves that existed so far. She was a stranger but she felt as if she were to fit in perfectly. Her tail wagged behind her, there was another behemoth here with oddly striking marking. She decided to sit near the feathery man.

Her attention turning towards the one who was up front. She couldn't quiet remember his name so she hoped he would say it. "Hi everyone, I'm Limno a new pera to the pack. I hope I can be of use." she dipped her head respectfully. Her heart was slowly calming down, and the brown girl relaxed her shoulder blades. She couldn't let a simple petty argument ruin her time in her new home.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Finch I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn

Famous
03-29-2015, 12:17 AM

She clung to her brothers side, blue eyes wide in fear as more and more wolves came to the training. She didn't even want to be here, she just wanted to be at home at the den! It was a lot better there. Letting out a low whine she lowered herself to the earth, trying to push her frame right up against Shrike's. He sat down then, nearly knocking her off her paws. Tossing her brother a sidelong glace, she huffed as she was forced to sit as well. It however, did not stop her from cowering and trying to hide within his multicoloured fur, just wishing she could disappear. She didn't want to do any of this, she hated it all! The quicker she could go back to the den, the better. Even if she had to spend the rest of her life there, she didn't care. It felt safe, and she was the most happy there. But her father had insisted that she do something, and really... Shrike had been pining for her to come with him. Finch was here, and that was the best she could do. She said nothing, not even when the new wolf introduced herself. Eyes stayed on her paws, pressed up tightly to her brother.

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Calypsei

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
03-29-2015, 11:12 AM
More training sessions would be called and Calypsei had the ambition and drive which led her to decide to attend every single one. She would run towards the source of the call, a small smile growing upon her face as she stood tall. She was no princess in these lands, but she was the daughter of an Oceana and she would not let the family name down. The girl kept a light and friendly smile on her face as her royal blue legs brought her to her destination. The colors she held set her apart from the natural colored wolves who had already gathered. She loved her fur and thought it made her different, but she hated standing out sometimes. Especially in a new place.
Help me with PROJECT DANCE or PLOT WITH ME

Avatar Credit goes to euphoriclies on dA/Sarah on RoW

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
03-30-2015, 04:11 PM
The fight training over, Bass made his way towards Allen's call. Motif had gone off to do some one of one training with a few wolves, and he wasn't sure that they would be done in time to make it. However he was pleased at just how hard his pack members were working, their thoughts mirroring his own. Pride shone through the pale man as he sat off to the side, dipping his head at Allen. He was just here to observe, and offer support of needed. But he was fully confident that the older man could hold his ground and train his group well. There were only a few wolves here, two of his own pups joining them. Finch seemed to be having a hard time adjusting to all of this, but he was glad that Shrike was there to help her along. Poor little dear, she was too afraid to do much else. Perhaps after this he would need to speak with her and try to boost her confidence. Or she could steal some of Shrikes, he seemed to have enough to go around. Chuckling to himself his golden gaze rested on the calico man, waiting for the training to begin.

Allen

gems
size
build
player
04-08-2015, 08:54 PM

The first wolves to arrive were two of Bass' children, Shrike and Finch. The boy was an excitable thing, full of energy and a bit of an ego. The girl that was with him was quieter, far quieter than her brother, sticking to his side like glue. "I wouldn't say that it's the best rank ever, young Shrike. However it is certainly a beneficial one, as all ranks in Abaven are." The calico gentleman saw all ranks, from hunter to healer, as important and as needed as any of the others.

A foreign gentleman would be the next to approach, as well as an unfamiliar lass. Allen would give a nod to both of them in turn. The lady would introduce herself as Limno, and Allen would find himself smiling. "I'm sure you'll fit in well here, miss Limno." Though the next wolf to approach, well, she truly threw Allen for a loop.

She was BLUE. Really, really blue. The child didn't speak, but Allen would do his best not to stare. He tipped his head to her, glad that another youth had decided to show. Then, finally, it would be Bass who showed up at the meeting, and Allen would breathe slowly in. Three children, three adults, not counting him. This made things a little more complicated, but, well, not impossible.

"Thank you all for coming so quickly. I am Allen, in case you didn't hear Bass at the meeting, the Gamrean of Abaven. For those of you ranked as Pera, Pulani, or interested in becoming either I'm your go to man. Now, something both ranks will need to have to focus on is swiftness and stealth. Upon the battlefield the pulani will need to slip in to help the injured while attempting to avoid further fighting. If you get caught in a fight as well, or injured, there is more danger in losing not one member but two." The man would take a breath.

"You must keep in mind that everything we do in training is serious. It must be taken to heart, as in battle, or actually sending messages one day, it is something that we will rely on you for. To begin I'm going to start with an exercise. First, I need the pups to go on ahead. Move as quietly as you can, trying to keep yourself out of sight. Make as little noise as possible. After a few minutes I will have Limno, this gentleman, and if Bass doesn't mind giving me a paw Bass follow you. The goal is to reach where the plains border the rapids without having one of the adults catch you." The man would smile some. "The adults on the other paw must also be mindful of their own speed and noise level. If you alert the pup you are tracking, or are too slow, then they could hide and slip past you." The man thought the game was a good start to their skills, and a small introduction.

"After the game ends I'll explain a little more in depth about what makes a pera different from a Paluni. Children, on your marks, get set, go."

OOC!

Alright, so I'm going to need posts from Shrike, Calypsi, and Finch by 4/13/15.

Then I'll need posts after these three for Bass, Shai, and Limno by 4/17/15.

Pairings are as followed::

Bass--Calypsi
Limno--Shrike
Shai--Finch

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Finch I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Evelyn

Famous
04-13-2015, 11:11 AM

She listened to Uncle Allen when he spoke, trying to resist the urge to race to her fathers side the moment he showed up. But they were to play a game, kinda like game of hide and seek. Even though she was quite pale in colouration, she was very skilled at being quiet and unseen. Its what she did every day almost! So when the start was called, she hesitated by Shrike's side before she took off. Whining softly, she ducked into the nearest bush, laying low and waited several heartbeats before she slunk out of the foliage. Sticking to the longer grass, she crept forward as she kept her body low, a little shaky as she put one paw in front of the other. Finch was moving at a slower pace, but she was still making ground. The girl moved into the middle of the tall grass, trying to follow paths that had been made by rabbits and other wolves. She knew that if she brushed up against the grasses too much, they would wiggle and alert the adults. So when she found a good solid path, she stood taller and trotted through the plains, following the trail that would lead her towards the border of the lands. Her ears were low and pressed against her skull, tail tucked under her as she tried to make herself as small as possible.

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
04-17-2015, 11:24 AM
The tall man would listen to the man who'd called the little group here, his bright yellow gaze lingered upon him as the rest of their group appeared, Bass being one of them. With his presence the stoic wolf would turn slightly, nodding his head deeply in respect for the man. He wouldn't linger however, as Allen's words reached his ears. Shai would perk and watch the man, his attention quite taken with the game that was offered. His interest was captured for sure. As Allen nodded to him, obviously unaware of his name, Shai couldn't help but correct him. "Shai," He'd offer only his first name, it seemed he was done with the Adayemi name. It had died with the tribe. He'd shake himself of those though, his focus on the young girl he was tracking. One of Bass's daughters.

He'd watch as she disappeared, and he'd come to his feet as he awaited the command for the adults to continue on their way. It seemed Allen was quite focused on the sight aspect of tracking, he'd smirk quietly as he was sent off. No matter how well the girl would hide unless she traipsed through a river he would be able to track her scent, especially so close to her. Using his nose the man found his way after the girl, she'd take trails that made tracking her scent even easier. She had a lot to learn, but that was the point of training.

For a man of his stature he was rather silent, he'd spent many seasons perfecting the silence of his paws. His form was lowered towards the ground, his knees bents as he placed his paws carefully but quickly. He knew he was drawing more near, but now that the final moments were upon him her small stature and coat that blended well within the grasses sight was difficult. He'd keep watching out for her form, sure that any moment he would capture her. The boarder was still a ways off. Then she was there, a slight shift in the grass and a fluffy rump in retreat. He'd smile darkly as he leaped forward, his long form aiming to land right behind the young girl. "Found you," He'd offer gently as his eyes finally landed upon her.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Calypsei

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
04-18-2015, 04:15 PM
((Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I didn't have this thread in my threadlog for some reason))
Calypsei took each word to heart as she carefully listened to the instructions left for her. They were on the plains which was more than enough reason to try her hardest as it would possibly be more difficult. Her bright colored fur did not help too much with that aspect and neither did her height. On your mark, get set, GO! The words raced through her head as she snuck around low to the ground. She tried her best to conceal the light cyan colors of her fur which differentiated herself from the rest of the pack and made her more visible. She kept nose slowly scraping against the ground as she moved as fast as she could while remaining as quiet as possible.
Help me with PROJECT DANCE or PLOT WITH ME

Avatar Credit goes to euphoriclies on dA/Sarah on RoW

Shrike

gems
size
build
player
04-18-2015, 05:48 PM
{{Ooc:: Don't worry about being late guys. As you can see even I'm a bit late on all this. D: Been very, very busy. New date for the adults is 4/23. ^^;;}}

The young man would listen quietly as his uncle Allen would explain the plan. It was a game huh? A game of stealth... he would excel! Shrike's tail would thump loudly on the ground, a grin shot to his sister. She was very good at hiding and being quiet. Shrike on the other hand? Well, in his mind he liked to think he was a master at everything. Surely this was not the case though. He would get to his paws, slinking off on his own. The grasses would rustle, thudding paws causing crashing noises within. He wasn't even really trying to hide. He thought that it came naturally. Because he wanted to be hidden he would stay hidden and all that. Head would lower to the ground, sniffing at the earth curiously. Distraction was another thing that was fairly dangerous to the young man. Was this a fox trail? Hmm... maybe...

"Speech!"
'Thoughts!'

Limno

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
04-18-2015, 06:31 PM

Limno would smile at the task, this was what she was good at. Although, it seemed it would be even easier as she saw the young boy trek off, making a whole lot of noise behind him. She didn't blame the child, he was new at this, no matter how good you thought you were, you had to be aware of your weaknesses. While she was confident, she knew she sucked at other things, it took some time to get where she was anyway. Ears flicking, she lowered her body to the ground but kept it far enough to not be brushing the grass. Making her paws feel soft as she moved forward and followed the boy's trail with no sense of sound. Every step was carefully placed, making sure her back paws didn't drag, and no twigs got in her way.

The brown woman blended in a little with the yellow grass, it wasn't until he stopped that she also stopped a few feet away from him. She didn't want him to continue like he knew what he was doing. Lowering her haunches, she leaped and made an attempt to land next to him. Her body coming up front. "You're not as quiet as you think you are Shrike." she smiled at him.
""

Shrike

gems
size
build
player
04-23-2015, 11:40 AM
Shrike was startled as the woman assigned to follow him landed next to him. Wh-what!? He wasn't as quiet as he thought he was? A disappointed look would cross onto his face as he looked upon her, a pouting look crossing across his face. He was sourly disappointed that he had been caught up to, and his ego had been struck rather hard. He would give a heavy sigh, looking at Limno would a bit a sad look. "R-really?" He'd say softly. Man this sucked!

"So how loud was I then? Was it super easy to follow me?" He felt horrible. What if he had been doing it completely wrong? What if it wasn't that Limno was just an expert tracker? Thoughts began to run through his mind in an almost paranoid-like state, a whine threatening to leave him.

"Speech!"
'Thoughts!'

Limno

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
04-24-2015, 09:35 PM

Oh his ego was shot, Limno felt a bit bad. However he could not learn if no one corrected his mistakes. Even she could slip up from time to time, she was merely three years of age, it took some time to get the hang of things. She would crouch a little closer to him and give him a friendly nudge of her nose on his cheek. "Now now, don't get upset, if you lose all that spunk than you'll never learn. The first step is to be eager and enthusiastic no matter how many mistakes we make, because we all make mistakes." She would tell him gently before stepping off to the side. "You and I have soft markings, it makes it easier to hide in this terrain. You want to start practicing slowly, get down being quiet before you try being fast. Feel the earth under your paws, let the grass brush against your fur. Make sure you don't trip or step on any twigs or cracks in the ground. Stay low as well. "

Limno again would place herself closer to the ground, pulling out her toes to dig in the dirt. Then she would move forward almost like a snail carefully and softly placing each step as carefully as she could manage. As her tail kept balance behind her, the white eye patch that sat on her right eye would come to look at Shrike. "Imagine the ground as your family, you want to treat them softly, so that they can depend on you."
""

Shrike

gems
size
build
player
05-08-2015, 02:06 PM

Shrike would blink a bit in surprise as the woman offered him a comforting touch. He didn’t know her that well, and yet here she was trying to offer him some sort of comfort. His frown didn’t fade, though his ears twitched as he listened to her speak. Spunk? He would give a soft sigh. No no, she had it all wrong. Making mistakes was no good either, especially if you made a lot of them! But to respect his elders he would try to focus on her words... Humor her in a sense, and pay attention to a lesson he was dreading.

So it mattered how he walked? He would frown with uncertainty as she went on again, watching her do it first. She moved forward so slowly... How was that supposed to work when you were going fast? He’d lower himself to the ground, trying to mimic her movements. He didn’t understand what she meant to imagine the ground as his family. If the ground was his family he certainly wouldn’t be stepping on it! He would stumble after a step or two, catching himself with a huff.

“Nnghhhrr!” He’d growl in frustration. He’d look at Limno again, ears flicking back. “How is this supposed to help me? The ground being my family? That doesn’t make any sense. It’s weird!”

"Speech"

Table by:: Eldarwen

Allen

gems
size
build
player
05-08-2015, 02:33 PM

The aging gentleman would wait until each pair had set off on their tasks before slinking off on his own. Each step was light but swift, something he had been training since he was a younger man. My, how time had flown. It was strange to believe that he was nearing the age of an elder with each passing season. Just over a year now... and he would reach that age. Ahh he felt so old sometimes... but he was far from finished just yet. He would scent out Shrike, the lad, and Limno first.

He hardly made a sound as he approached the two, breathing quietly. He would observe the situation for a moment before stepping out into the open behind the boy, breathing a small sigh. "Some things are not meant to be thought about logically, Shrike. She is only trying to help you. Try remembering that, and keep her words in mind as you try again." He would give Limno a gentle smile before letting his gaze trail back to the young boy.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'