Malvarys

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Mirabelle
03-31-2015, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2015, 07:06 AM by Malvarys.)

M A L V A R Y S __    A E R Y N

He'd been wandering for too long. Way too long. He didn't need to be alone anymore. And with that reasoning, it was time for a pack. One that could be manipulated. One that he could gain trust in. Rank up. He was older, yes, but he was not old. He was in the later years of his prime; he had a while to go before reaching old. He should rank up, unless he was so completely wrong about his choice - a choice, Mal would state, that he researched thoroughly before finalizing the decision. He had done it with all packs. It was Glaciem or Imperium, and Glaciem had been dissolved. And as much as he desired to lead a pack, he knew that without followers, he'd never succeed in it. He was too soft-spoken, too mild. He would be the mind behind the alpha, but never the alpha unless everything was falling apart.

Thus... Imperium. It was a hard pack, he discovered, with ranks that reflect military bearing. Being a rather weak fighter himself, this would be a challenge - he would have to make himself useful with his ability to discern subterfuge and problem-solving. It would be, in lack of better words, a challenge. A challenge the male was ready for.

Mal tossed his head back and howled, a request for the pack's alpha to come, for he wished to join. When the short howl ended, he sat himself down just outside the border; he was not a trespasser. He would not make that mistake, not when he knew what was done to those that trespassed. And, well, he was a bit more intelligent than that.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
04-01-2015, 09:04 PM

The call was clear: a rogue wished to join. As the potential member came into sight Valentine ran a calculating gaze over him. He was strong looking and on the large side of average in build. A warrior? He hoped so. Imperium could use more fighters. He'd have to be tested of course; perhaps against one of his Praetors or young Mercy? Of course there were oodles of younglings who also wished to show off their skills. Maybe one of them would be up to the challenge.

His expression serious, Valentine stopped before the earthen brute. "Greetings," he boomed, "And welcome to Imperium. My name is Valentine and I am the alpha here. You're looking to join?" Of course joining wasn't as easy as simply wanting to. If this rogue was interested he was going to have to prove his worth.

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Malvarys

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Mirabelle
04-06-2015, 05:28 PM

When the alpha arrived, Mal swept his glance over him, tail lowering to an appropriate height. Aye, Valentine definitely was the epitome of strong; he towered over Mal by a full head, had the voice of a clap of thunder, and held the strength of someone who had known fighting before. "Greetings," he replied quietly, his tone about the opposite of Valentine's. "I thank you, Valentine. I am Malvarys Aeryn. I do wish to join." Okay, maybe his words were a bit... too formal in response to this leader; he had a feeling that the alpha wasn't one for fancy-talk. Eh, too late now - he'd rectify it next time.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

04-07-2015, 07:15 PM

He continued to regard the rogue coolly, his gaze unabashed and assessing. It was his right to scrutinize those who sought entry and it was a right he didn't shirk from. Being a pack member was a two way street and Valentine was determined to allow access only to those who could give as well as they could take. This brute, Malvarys, looked capable, but looks could be deceiving.

To complete their greeting, he dipped his head and parted with the words, "It's a pleasure, Malvarys." The rogue confirmed that he was looking to join, but made no further comment. "Where do your interests lie? Is there a particular field you excel in?" In other words, what can you do for me?

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Malvarys

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Mirabelle
04-07-2015, 08:45 PM

Mal stood quietly under the scrutiny. There was no point in protesting, nor was there any reason to - it would be idiotic for an alpha not to examine a future member, especially in a pack such as this. Thus, he stood silently, still and waiting for the sign that all was well. When it came, his own head lowered in greeting, with a murmur, "Likewise." A small smile tugged at his black lips at the question; that little hidden meaning there was quite obvious; in fact, it pretty much wasn't hidden. "My strengths rely in information gathering, Alpha. I am enjoy solving issues both within and outside the pack, especially when regarding shady motives of members in Imperium or other packs towards Imperium." Hopefully, that would be acceptable; he was a tad bit unsure as to where he would be placed militarily, but eh.

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

04-09-2015, 06:56 PM

Valentine listened intently, the wheels spinning as he weighed the information he was given. Information gathering had its place, but that place in Imperium wasn't one you could ask for and certainly not one he would give to anyone. He nodded, thinking, then, "That sort of position has to be earned here." Any kind of intelligence gathering position would take seasons worth of dedication and trust before someone could even be considered. Even then it wasn't a guarantee. Not everyone was cut out for such a task. "How skilled would you say you are in hunting, healing and fighting?" Those were the three big fields in the pack and their facets were varied. Imperium could use a good fighter or hunter or guardsman or any number of good workers.

""

Malvarys

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Mirabelle
04-20-2015, 07:45 PM

He nodded. That made sense, honestly - those who gathered information were those that had the most potential to give a hurtful betrayal. While a typical member betraying would hurt the pack, it wouldn't hurt as much as one who knows all the secrets, all the processes. Even if he was only looking at that reason for his opinion on Valentine, he'd be impressed. Unfortunately, his spirits fell when Valentine asked this next question. He knew pretty much nothing of fighting or healing, and it had been a long time since he had hunted anything big. He knew the concepts, of course, and could plan, but it had still been a long while. "I'm.. not the greatest in fighting or healing. I'm passable in hunting, especially if alone - it's been a while since I've done a pack hunt, though."

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

04-28-2015, 07:16 PM

Behind a carefully cultivated mask Valentine hid his disappointment. How did this fellow survive if he lacked the basic skills to care and defend himself? Had he never been in a pack before, never been  required to bear the responsibility and burden of caring for others? Had he eked by, living like a coyote and surviving on the scraps of others? Perhaps he had been part of a pack and everything had simply been given to him. Regardless of the circumstances that had led him to Imperium in such an incomplete state, if he chose to stay he'd have his work cut out for him. "I see," Valentine said as he considered his next move. "If you wish to become part of Imperium I'd like to start you out in the rank of a commoner, a Libertus. From there any path is available to you, you can work towards any rank you like, but I don't think you are quite ready for a higher position."

""