Ardent

Administrator

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
04-10-2015, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2015, 10:09 PM by Ardent.)
As of today, skills are officially released! Please see the guidebook skills section for more information.

As they are a work in progress, they might change as we go so please be patient as we work things through. Things are subject to change without notice.

To claim points for skills, you will post DIRECTLY in the guidebook thread, and copy and fill out the code quoted there. Only threads that have begun in APRIL of this year are eligible to be claimed for points. Threads CANNOT be claimed for points from before the start of April!

In this thread, feel free to suggest additional ways to earn skill points in any of the five skills, that we may have missed! We strongly encourage suggestions! Also please post questions if this haven't been clarified, etc.

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
04-12-2015, 03:56 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2015, 11:13 AM by Tealah.)
This is all so amazing!
However,
intellect seems to be rather lacking imo :x What's there is more...politicalness xD
Maybe have things like. Learning different things not associated to skills, rather than just teaching.
And have something for alphas, since tehre's one for helping an alpha. Alphas are smart too. :3
Also, what does Make a Trade as a rogue mean?

Also from an alpha perspective. The 15 point ones, truce, trade and alliances. Would that be, say...
Voltage proposes an alliance between Dono and Pantheon. He'd get 15 points?
Or does that have to be an outsider? Like..Voltage gets the alphas of Fiori and Abaven over for a teaparty and tries to persuade them to be allies?

Also, again, this is amazing :D I dont wanna nitpick, i love it all. This is all just what I think, is all <3 Keep doing good things!

Well I had this replied to but my internet decide to go away... Anyway let's see if I can recreate it. I missed the Intellect teaching one, they are all meant to say "give or receive a lesson in..." but that one seems to snuck through. As far as the other stuff, that's not specific to alphas or members. Alphas can give advise to other alphas, or give advise to anyone. They can arrange a trade between their pack and another pack, or between two packs they don't belong to, same with a normal pack member (or even a rogue - they don't have to belong to either pack to arrange it). The "make a trade as a rogue" is a rogue trading something to either another rogue, a pack wolf, or an alpha whether it's slaves, herbs, food, or whatever - and if an alpha arranges a trade with a rogue (that slave for those recreational herbs, deal!) it could count as "makes a trade WITH a rogue" but I didn't add that one in specifically. These are guidelines, not absolutes, so they can be played with a bit. If you have any specific suggestions for each skillset feel free to share them here!

Nyx

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
-
build
-
player

ContributorPride - PansexualEaster 2022Rapid Poster - SilverToys for Tots
04-14-2015, 10:38 AM
As a note to Arin:

We did add "Meet someone new" for +5 points, since the other skills have fairly easy ways to obtain +5 points by doing a simple thread.

I also changed the "give a lesson in..." etc. to be earned when you receive a lesson as well.

Feel free to give suggestions!!

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
04-14-2015, 10:41 AM
I have a suggestion.

Stop being so amazing gais. Thank you for the response! :D sorry if my wording was bad, phone post.
Thank you!!

Hani

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
04-16-2015, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2015, 12:50 PM by Tealah.)
I had a small suggestion for a "Caretaking" skill. This would include things like assistance to healers, den mothers, and just things like that. Basically, it would be where a wolf takes time to care for pups, care for emotional needs, assist healers, or something like that.

Like for caretaking: points for a thread watching pups, points for a thread where the wolf comforts someone, points for like self care for loners‏, or something similar. These wolves could gain some bonus when dealing with pups mentally unstable wolves.

It would pair well with a healing or leadership type of skill. (Leadership either being another skill, or pairing with intellect)

We aren't adding any more skills, sorry. Caretaking by itself would not be able to be a skill anyway. Aspects of it would go under healing, aspects of it would go under intellect, some would go under hunting - it's not measurable by itself. Likewise with leadership - it would mostly fall under Intellect. If they're assisting healers, they're earning points toward healing. If they're caring for the social needs of others that's intellect. If they're gathering food to feed pups they're using hunting. If they're dealing with the mentally unstable, it could go under either healing or intellect depending on how they're dealing with it. As for watching pups, teaching lessons unrelated to healing, hunting, fighting, and navigation automatically falls under intellect, so if they're talking to the pups about the way a pack works, or about the pack's history, or a family's history, or the seasons, that goes under intellect. Just watching pups or unspecific play doesn't actually take skill and that's what these are meant to measure. If you're uncertain what skillset a specific action would fall under feel free to ask a staff member, and if you have any questions about the above paragraph I would be happy to answer. - Tealah

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
04-16-2015, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2015, 08:10 PM by Tealah.)
Maybe a slightly higher amount of points (5 more, maybe? ...10?) for fights involving more than two combatants, since they're a bit more complicated/scary? xD In the same vein would be fights against other species, since those are equally challenging/complicated/different.

EDIT: Or, instead of giving more for it, make it a separate claimable thing so it can be combined with other claimable things?

We feel this is a good idea but we are currently in discussion of where in the points these would go and we will get back to you on this. Stand by. :)

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.