ardent

Man To Man

Allen

gems
size
build
player
04-12-2015, 04:45 PM
There was something else that had come to Allen's mind shortly after the training had finished. The aging gentleman was no spring chicken, but he was hardly ready to lay down and die as of yet either. With Nona seeming to disappear again, making him worried sick as well, the man saw only one option left. To devote himself to the safety and security of his pack, his home, and make sure that Bass understood he wasn't going anywhere. No matter what happened, no matter what came of the future, Allen was an Abaven member until the day he breathed his last.

The man would step away from pera training, stopping long enough to meet Bass' gaze. "A word if you will, Bass." The gentleman would say. He'd glance over his shoulder towards Shrike and Finch and then continue on, walking towards an area where they could be secluded among the plains. He would turn, his dark gaze shifting onto the alpha with a fire of purpose within. He would offer a gentle smile though a serious look rested upon his face. There was definitely something of importance to discuss today.

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
04-13-2015, 11:52 AM

The training had gone very well, and Bass knew that he had picked the right person to lead this group. He watched as the man padded up to him, saying that he needed to have a word with him. Blinking back his surprise, he nodded his head and stood, following the older man. When Allen stopped and took a seat, Bass did the same directly in front of him. He couldn't hide the slight concern in his golden gaze, it wasn't often that his members asked to speak with him one on one like this. "Is everything okay, Allen?" He had noticed that Nona had wandered off again, but he didn't really think anything of it. She had been sick and hurt, she probably just wanted to heal herself in peace. She was a strong woman, and most likely did not want to suffer in front of Allen. That he could totally understand. But if that wasn't it, then Bass was really out of guesses.

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Allen

gems
size
build
player
04-15-2015, 12:31 PM

It was unusual for Allen to pull Bass off to the side like this, for normally when there was anything that needed to be said it could be done so before the rest of the pack. However this time, well, he felt that this was something better discussed between Bass and himself first. The calico gentleman could see the concern that touched his friends face, and he felt a small flash of guilt in his chest for worrying the man for even a moment. Bass had enough on his shoulders without having to also worry about additional loads. Though that was exactly what Allen was hoping to relieve for him.

"I suppose all is well enough." The man would begin. "I'm sure that you've noticed Nona has disappeared as well, though that is not the reason why I've asked to speak with you." The gentleman would adjust himself, his dark gaze meeting the lighter orbs of his friend.

"I'm sure that you know by now I've chosen to devote my loyalty to Abaven, and to you, Bass. This pack has been a source of stability for me. A true home... and... I want to protect this home. I want to serve it with all I am. I also want to help shoulder the burden that you bear, Bass, as thanks for all that you have done for me and my kin." Allen would dip his head.

"I know that this is a very serious matter to consider, but I wish to request it all the same. I want to be everything I can be for Abaven, no matter what."

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Table by:: Tealah

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
04-15-2015, 01:19 PM

When Allen brought up Nona, he felt the pang in his heart. Wren had gone away once too, and came back skinny and sick. It was then that they conceived their young, and he was impressed that they were all born so healthy. But that was then, and he knew that Nona wasn't feeling good as well. Wren went off because she didn't want to seem weak. Woman were silly, silly creatures. "Woman are fickle creatures, no matter how much we love them. I bet she didn't want to seem weak in your eyes. She is strong though Allen, and knows her way around plants. I am sure she went off to lick her wounds where she wouldn't cause you to worry, just as Wren did when she grew ill. It took her awhile to come back, and I am sure that Nona will return when she is ready." He said softly, a small smile growing on his maw. Allen was his friend, but he would never lie to him. Hopefully the truth would make him feel better.

As Allen met his golden gaze, he fell silent, knowing that this was not the reason the man had pulled him aside. The more the older man spoke, the more he felt his heart swell with pride. He had already done so much for Abaven, providing a new strong rank, as well as being the teacher of it. "You've already done so much for me Allen, and I know that you're committed to us. What are you suggesting?" Bass asked, his head tilting to the side. He wasn't sure what he was getting at, but he would hear him out.

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Allen

gems
size
build
player
04-17-2015, 08:38 PM

Ah yes, women were indeed fickle creatures. He could think of his niece, Aiko, as well her siblings who had taken off. It wasn't so much just women, really, but all beings. They hated to show weakness before those that they loved. Allen just prayed that Nona would truly return, and that she would be alright when she did so. He would be devastated if he found out anything happened to her. Perhaps not knowing was, in some ways, better than knowing at all. Bass was right to tell him the truth of the matter though, rather than sugarcoat things. Sugarcoating it would do no good at all.

Allen would give a small smile, though the seriousness of his expression would not fade when he spoke to Bass again. "Well, I know at one point and time your sister stood beside you as the Azgrat of Abaven. I want to help you shoulder the burdens of this pack further Bass, as more than a Gamrean. I see you as family, and I want to stand besides and support my family in any and all ways possible. I know it is asking a for a heavy title, and I more than prepared to show my worth in a spar against you if I must. I feel... that this is the right thing to ask of you."

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Bass

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Evelyn

Famous
04-20-2015, 09:22 PM

He couldn't help but just stare at the man as he spoke, his heart jumped in his chest. Bass knew that he needed more help, he hardly got to spend time with his kids anymore. With Allen at his side as his secondary, he would be able to step back a little bit and do more with his pups. And with Wren... she deserved so much more of his attention than she got. Slowly the man started to nod, and he knew that it was a position that was supposed to be fought for. Bass was tired from all the training though, and he knew that Allen was good for it. Realizing that he had been silent for quite awhile now, and he shook his head and smiled at him. "I accept your proposal, Allen Walker. Congratulations, you are the new Azgrat of Abaven." Stepping forward he touched his nose to Allen's forehead, letting out a soft hum as he wrapped his neck around the older mans. Embracing his new secondary, he stepped back and let out a mighty howl, hoping that Allen would join in.

"Speech"
'thoughts'

Allen

gems
size
build
player
04-21-2015, 02:14 PM

Allen knew well enough the help this could be to Bass. So that he could spend time with his mate, his children. To be a father. There was some things he wanted to seek out address with Quelt as well -- he hadn't managed to speak with the other man since he rejoined Abaven. Yes... there was much to do. Much to step up to. The calico gentleman would wait quietly for Bass to answer. The white male was quiet for awhile, perhaps thinking on his proposal. Allen didn't mind the silence however. He didn't want to rush Bass' decision, or influence it any further. He wanted this to be completely his decision.

Finally Bass would accept his proposal, and like that he was Azgrat of Abaven. The man would tip his head forward as Bass toched his nose to his forehead. He would return the embrace for a brief moment before letting his leg fall and stepping back as well. The man would lift his head back to the sky, joining Bass in the call. Abaven had two leaders once more. Allen couldn't be more thrilled, and more honored, that he was standing beside Bass now.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'