ardent

What Will Always Be Remembered

Allen

gems
size
build
player
04-21-2015, 02:58 PM

Nona had still not returned. She was somewhere out there, of that he was certain. His heart hurt, not knowing where she was exactly, but she would be alright. She was strong. Allen would take a deep breath as he walked along the rapids he was thinking quietly to himself, keeping an eye on the borders that he patrolled.  The lands were quiet, thank the gods. Things seemed to be, for the most part, stable. Abaven was being a little more lively. It was wonderful to see as well. The man still had much on his mind after the training, and was even determined to take young Shrike under his wing. Hell, had Nona been here he surely would have loved to be taught be her as well.

That lead Allen to think of some other things. Family. It was high time he called Quelt and figured out what had gone on since their separation, since the man came back. Quelt had a mate, a lover, who had been lost. Hadn't they been getting ready to have a litter of their own? What had happened with that, Allen had to wonder.  The aging man would come to a stop, tilting his his head back to call for his kin. He hoped that Quelt wouldn't be too busy and couldn't answer his call. This new alphaship role was something different for certain. Would the other members of the pack see him in the same sort of light that Bass did?

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Table by:: Tealah

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
04-21-2015, 06:12 PM

Life went on as did he, Quelt was moving like a snail though he felt like. In all honesty, living wasn't what he thought it would be. The slate male had already lost two mates and a litter of young. Every day he woke up and looked at himself in the rivers and just thought, what had he done with his life. He feared getting older with no heirs, no heritage to leave behind. His siblings weren't around anymore either, he honestly felt alone. Of course Bass was his best friend, and being back in Abaven brought out the best in Quelt. Yet it just, didn't feel the same. He was so nervous with Limno he couldn't even imagine telling her he liked her. It would only cause her to vanish too.

The male would come across Allen as he called for him, it had been some time since they spoke. In all honesty he never really had gotten to know Allen despite fostering his great nephews and neices. He had run into Renhett, and at least they might have been still been around. "Allen, how are you?" He didn't dare say old friend.

""

Allen

gems
size
build
player
04-23-2015, 12:01 PM

Allen would smile some as Quelt approached him. Though they were not incredibly close the aging man still liked to think of the other as a friend. He wasn't sure what had happened to the litter that Quelt had fostered, his nephew's children... but he did not blame the other man for their loss. Especially not Aiko, whom he could only really blame himself for. Allen would tip his head in greeting, waiting for Quelt to get settled.

"Hello Quelt. Life has been treating me well enough. My mate seems to have gone missing but... I am confident that she will one day return." Allen would say, giving a small nod. "I'm not sure if you've heard yet either but I'm also the Azgrat of Abaven... I've grown fairly close to Bass since rejoining the pack." His smile would fade some, replaced by a worried frown.

"Quelt... what has happened to you?" The calico gentleman would ask. "What on earth made you disappear for so long?"

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
04-24-2015, 12:18 PM
Hearing about his mate only made quelts mood thicken with dark clouds. He felt like he was reliving the nightmare that was his season away from abaven. Frowning a little at Allen's hope. Would that hope be torn down by the gods? Or wpuld he be much luckier than the young man himself. Though he straightened himself as allen continued to talk. So quelt no longer was close to bass, he knew that but like most things it still struck a cord in his heart. Quelt let out a soft puff of air. "I went looking for my previous mate and unborn children. They were due when bass litter was due as well. But no matter how much I looked there was no sign of them." Quelt sighed.

"She won't be coming back. Venus wouldn't want to face me if anything happened to the children probably. I dont know if she's dead or anything but its been two seasons now. Ive moved on." He shifted a little the entire pack made him uncomfortable sometimes. "Im fine, though certain things are tender on my heart I simply do not voice them out loud. I hope your luck is better than mine." He would smile a little. "I ran into renhett the girl is doing well."
[Image: OvmqSCr.png]

Allen

gems
size
build
player
04-30-2015, 04:46 PM

Quelt's mood might have darkened, but Allen was still very hopeful. He would lower his ears however hearing about how the blue man had gone after his mate and unborn children. Children who should have been roughly the same age as the Wrass children. But they were nowhere to be found... It was a sad situation, and Allen felt strongly for the other young man. "I am sorry to hear about that, Quelt... I truly am." The calico gentleman would speak gently. He wasn't sure what words he could offer to his friend. He knew in his heart that Venus was gone, that she wouldn't be returning. It struck his own heart to hear that, for he knew that Nona's fate could be much the same. Had she possibly been...?

Allen would lift his head some, setting his paw gently over his friend's own. He would meet Quelt's eyes, continuing to speak in a soft tone. "I don't know what happened to her... but I hope your heart heals from this, Quelt." He would frown some, guilt eating at him as Renhett was brought up.

"I wish I knew more about what happened to those poor children. Renhett is the only one, through you, I've heard any word of lately. Aiko long since disappeared... I fear that she is mad at me, Quelt." Allen would lower his gaze. "But we're getting off subject... have you settled back into Abaven alright? Made any new friends?"

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
05-02-2015, 11:33 AM

It was something about a connection with the two that drew Quelt to him. He changed his expression every now and then to show the man he was listening. Occasionally he would look off to the side in thought. Quelt hoped to the gods that Nona was alright, this kind of pain might just have been the worst. As Allen spoke about the children hating him, it made his black tail twitch. Sometimes the large male had thought this as well, and with the fights he had with the children if would have been no surprise if they did just not like them. "I'm certain she doesn't hate you Allen, Aiko was the sweetest of all of them." he smiled a little.

Quelt had to laugh a little, settle back into abaven well? It was nearly like a second nature to him, ever since they came here with Hajime, it was like the heavens marked it as their final resting place. All of them would be protecting Abaven to their very last breath. "I've been fine, met all of the Wrass children well most I think. I've also met this young lady named Limno, she's one of your cousins Allen one of Arian's siblings whom they thought was dead. I've never met a lady that frustrates me but pulls me in at the same time." he shook his head for a moment. Trying to get her out of his head.

""

Allen

gems
size
build
player
05-04-2015, 10:56 AM

Allen would give a small nod as Quelt spoke. Gods above he hoped that he was right. The children were so delicate, so sweet... if they hated him he didn't think he could take it. Especially not Aiko. She had been so naive, a mere child living in the body of an adult even as she aged. The girl was someone truly sweet and naive, that was for certain. What the other children thought of him however Allen didn't have a clue. He wasn't incredibly close with the rest of them... and it was something he regretted to this very day.

Allen would feel a little more at ease however when the subject took a lighter shift, seeing that Quelt had no trouble at all settling back into Abaven's lands. Meeting the children of Wren and Bass, as well as a lady. Allen would smirk slightly, a chuckle leaving his lips. "It sounds like you like her." The gentleman would hint. "Sometimes those sort of women are the best for you. They can heal your heart... while driving you mad all the while."

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
06-02-2015, 04:14 PM

Quelt looked at Allen for a moment, giving a bit of a thoughtful expression. Truthfully he didn't know how to tell Limno about his own feelings. It had been so long, and the way he was raised, it was difficult to think you'd be going through so many lovers. He had seen wolves do so, but he himself thought it was less heartbreak to stick around with one. All his siblings were gone no where to be seen. The male was at his wits ends and Abaven was his only family he really had now even if none were related by blood. Which seemed to make the world go round.

A sigh escaped his lips, "Yes, but at this point I'm worried about myself snapping..... tell me Allen what was Hajime's mother like?" Quelt tilted his head a little. Once upon a time he had Hajime telling him he acted similar to his mother. Not exactly but the connection he set was probably why the two of them had been friends. With Hajime's death he left a huge hole in many of their lives. It was hard to imagine what would have happened with him still around.

Speech,