ardent

Survey: What kind of site banner do we want?

Ardent

Administrator

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
04-24-2015, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2015, 11:41 AM by Ardent.)
So, since we have some extra money, we're going to be commissioning a new site banner :) The only thing is.. we don't know what/who we want on it!

Please post any suggestions here! Whether it be a character, a pair of family/friends/lovers, a specific event that you think should be memorialized, a specific land that you'd like to see featured... maybe something "historical" on Alacritis that was a big IC thing? We're open or ANY suggestions and themes that come to mind! :) Be as specific as you'd like!

Hani

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
04-24-2015, 11:46 AM
Valentine and his entourage of pretty ladies and/or pups. Newcomers will be like "o wat a pretty banner" bbecause of the variation of pretty but not wild colored wolves especially if it's the pups. It's also got a lot of story in it

Or host a competition l

Surreal

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
04-24-2015, 11:49 AM
Oh maaan... Could it be a character from old versions of Ala?

Hmmmm.

The Deathmatch between Isardis and Syrinx, maybe?
The Siege of Glaciem vs Valhalla.
You have free reign to use my characters if you choose :P
Cairani. :P

Quelt

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Arian
04-24-2015, 12:28 PM
We should put Cairo up there the man who started the adravendi family. And in dedication to lung the sites old admin.

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
04-24-2015, 01:06 PM
-Selfishly suggests the elementas =P-
couldnt we also host a site competition for manipers here? Its cheaper plus i feel it would also promote site pride and whatnot? Imo

Kreft

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Frost
04-24-2015, 02:52 PM
you could like put some of the wolves of the major families on it ie. Destructions, armadas, elementas, adravendis
[Image: Gqk3pLr.png]
[Image: xfrNNFt.png]

Tealah

Administrator
Admin

gems
size
Small
build
-
player

Easter 2022Toys for Tots
04-24-2015, 03:08 PM
My personal opinion (which I am not going to get too deeply into because I am on mobile for the weekend) is that we should focus on the characters and players that are still here, not ones who have been gone for a while now and events that took place before a large amount of our current players even got here. Many of the events/characters listed so far had banners on the old site (I remember a skin specifically about the Valhalla/Glaciem war was already done, for instance) and not even I was here for most of that.

Just something to keep in mind. I will brainstorm more and actually put some ideas instead of opinion here later. :p

Arian

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-24-2015, 04:02 PM
Hmmm then, idk Maybe we should vote on an alpha? Like put the alpha's up there and everyone can vote on who is in the new banner.
[Image: zL7Ypap.png]

Cypress being Arian's mate, can jump into her threads private or not. Arian is fluent in Japanese and English but also knows mild Irish. Avalon is also allowed to crash Arian's threads.

Hercules

gems
size
build
player
04-24-2015, 04:49 PM
So if I remember correctly, I think Bass is the longest ruling alpha out of the current alphas. Sooooo how about Bass?

If you're more looking for a big group of wolves then I think maybe we should do like one wolf from each of the biggest families. Like a Destruction, a Armada, a Elementas, a Adravendi, and so on.

I'm also totally in favor of doing the Elementas clan since they're one of the biggest families that was formed on the new site and it shows a wide range of looks and colors without getting too crazy

Karabela

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
04-24-2015, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2015, 05:23 PM by Karabela.)
Drashman pups!  xD   What.... so I'm biased.
Dægmar fighting a bear

Ok seriously though... I may have to think on this.  I think voting for a pair of the alphas would be good, or maybe 3.  

If you want something more warlike I nominate the Ebony vs Arc siege however I don't think we should use chars of the people that left without their permission.  It's part of the reason I would really like to see the current banner gone.

What sort of mood do we want for the site?  Do we want something peaceful, something energetic and happy, something dark and mysterious, something violent?  I'll try to brainstorm and let y'all know if I come up with anything.

EDIT: Read to fast, totally down for a banner competition. Maybe we can choose more than one and have multiple skins?
[Image: qqwoqe.png][Image: karabelas_by_nnightcrawler-dais5gp.png]
[Image: k1dtly.png]
I'll take my throne, lay it on a mountain and make myself a king

Seadragoness

gems
size
build
player
04-24-2015, 06:13 PM
Totally Biased, but I also think a couple of the Elementas on the banner ;)

Tinaro

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Varda
04-24-2015, 08:13 PM
I like the idea of the site banner having an event/character/family/whatever we decide on from the time of the new site. An an example, it would be an event that took place on the new site. For characters and families, they would have to have been active on the new site. Although there are important and historical events that took place on previous Alacritis sites, there are some members who weren't around at those time to reflect on it. I think our site banner should have something we all know of, especially something that represents the new site.
If we go with events we could use one of the recent sieges or one of the current site-wide festivals, if we go with characters we could have all current alphas in the banner (I don't seem to like the idea of having only one character in the banner, unless this character is super special and truly represents Alacritis) or if we decide on using a family we could have the Destructions, Armadas, Adravendis or Elementases (the Elementas family really stand out for me seeing as they were the first family created on the new site).
More might be added.

Fate

Loner
Prologue

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-25-2015, 08:23 AM
I suggest Novella and Frith or Bass and Wren with the addition of their children (for both) because the Destruction family is extremely present within the lands and has a backstory as well.
Help me with PROJECT DANCE or PLOT WITH ME

Esti

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
04-25-2015, 11:49 AM
I agree that we should focus on the new site, Tea. I like both the Destructions and the Elementals feel, but I do have a slight worry that the elementals will paint our site as more of a fantasy site at first glance, not that that's a problem for current players, but new ones. A banner is kind of our focus point on the site, so I feel like it might be a little saddening for new players if they saw things like the astral designs or brighter elementals because they can't obtain that right away. On the other hand, it can show possibilities of what you can do using the point system, which may be a plus.

I feel like violent banners and dark themes are kind of cool, but can set an overall dark mood for the site. I used to use multiple themes on old sites because darker themes made it a little hard to play happier pups or threads. The same may be reversed, though, if the banner is really bright. That said, I like kind of the neutral beauty of the current banner along with the neutral, but not boring, color scheme.

Is it possible to have a changing banner? Depending on how many monies the site has, commission some of the major families or major alphas or major moments and have like a slide show effect? Maybe that's too complicated, but I kind of like the idea of like having a picture of Bass on a fitting background (I imagine warm colors) with the text "Abaven" on it, or Valentine on a darker theme with the text "Imperium" in the corresponding pack colors? Or like for events have text like "pack name vs pack name" and maybe like "Fall year 5" or something that the event took place. That way, you could show a few examples of the site like the elementals, but also like stronger normalcies in the game?

Tacheté

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
04-25-2015, 02:36 PM
After reading different opinions, my personal opinion would be to have the Alpha(s) of all the packs, and their chosen heir if there is one on the banner in the same background. Then the name of each pack could perhaps be above the Alpha(s) of each pack. Not only would this show the different packs, but also the variety of markings and colors that are allowed on the site, be them purchased or not.
Félicien is allowed in any of Tacheté's posts, be them private or not

Hercules

gems
size
build
player
04-25-2015, 03:27 PM
I like the idea of the alphas on the banner too, but the only problem I have with it is that our packs and alphas change pretty often for one reason or another. I'd say if we go with the alphas option we don't put their packs on there so if that pack goes away or changes their name it won't be weird on the banner.

Esti

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
04-25-2015, 03:34 PM
Oooh, true, I dont think ALL alphas, though, mostly just the consistant ones so far?

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
04-25-2015, 09:33 PM
Kat kinda likes the thought of a changing banner. I was on a site once where whenever you navigated to a new page the banner would change. Not sure about the coding on that one but i /really/ like the idea

Kyarst

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
04-25-2015, 09:39 PM
I vote all current alphas go on the banner.. here's why:

I personally am against the Elementas being solely featured ONLY because they look very fantastical (in a completely epic way) and I don't think that's the first impression we want to give guests who have never laid eyes on our site before. They will immediately join because they want a badass Elementas themed wolf and then we will have to explain that those guys cost lots of Ala-money, etc.

I also don't think any one wolf or family should be featured unless it's seriously a consensus cause we don't need anyone getting upset over something like a banner. I'd much prefer an event be featured (perhaps one of the recent sieges?) or else all current Alphas.

Or random wolves that aren't on site at all? Our current banner doesn't represent any specific wolf at all.. does it?

Kyarst is 2 years old, 142 lbs, and 36" tall. This is your warning. He is prone to acts of violence including but not limited to: maims, claims, dominance challenges, etc. He is also prone to foul language. Also, Lysis is allowed to pop into his threads whenever she pleases, as the two are almost always close to one another.

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
04-25-2015, 10:03 PM
Andy, our current banner is valentine xD
AT LEAST IM PRETTY SURE??
if im wrong forgive me

Im all for random wolves too. Maybe feature a territory of ala, rather than a character/event/whatever.
Like an ocean scene with a couple random wolves cause hey, we're an island.

Im all for multiple skins as well. It's a big job, but it makes it a lot more fun. As was mentioned, you could have a grr anger skin for grr anger posts, and a cute fluffy pup skin for cute fluffy pup posts.
This way as well we could have more family and event themed skins
And personally I would commission an elementas skin to use forever cause omfg. I'd even pay to have that skin done cause OMFG

We could even have like the ability for members to make their owns skins? Have a thing to fill out with all the colors required, and a "this is how you color a skin" and have them do their own banner so they can make their own skins
and then there could be skin stores
and skin commissions
dude, i'd be all over that.
I /love/ skinning.