gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
04-24-2015, 10:01 PM

Limno shook her fur a little, giving out a sigh in her lips. Ever since she arrived here at Abaven she had felt right at home. Helping Shrike was only the beginning, she had sparred with Lark as well. Bass' children were bright and she was certain all of Abaven was just as colorful in personality as they were. After all the only other wolf she had met and spoken to was Quelt. She wasn't even sure how to feel about him yet. Yet here she was, the little woman would stand near the rapids and raise her head into a howl. A hunt was a time of bonding, at least that was how she had treated it with her adopted mother.

She hoped it was alright that she was taking the initiative. Though there would be no surprise if not many showed up, yet she was in high hopes on this. The green haired lady would wait patiently. They would be going just outside the territory to catch small bison. The herds were little in size since winter was coming along. Yet, hopefully they got enough wolves to take them down. It would be difficult for two of them to do it on their own.

ooc: I'll be posting on the fourth of may(because next weekend is my b day bro's) that's on a monday. You have until then to participate :,D

""

Allen

gems
size
build
player
05-01-2015, 06:17 PM

The calico gentleman was surprised when he heard the call for a hunt. The member who called held a name that he couldn't place, but that was alright. It was good that someone was taking the initiative to call for one. He would find himself smiling some, deciding that he would go to see who it was that was calling. Not only that of course but he would participate in the hunt as well, to give some strength in numbers.

However Allen was very disappointed to see that  no one had shown up for the hunt at all. What was this? He would frown, approaching the young woman who had called. Bass would certainly hear about this... with no doubt. "Good day to you." Allen would say gently to the female. "It seems rather sad no one else has joined us yet. Perhaps we'll give them a little more time, hmm?" The gentleman would sit down, getting comfortable for the time being.

"What might your name be, young miss?"

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'
Table by:: Tealah

Limno

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
05-12-2015, 01:12 PM

Limno would watch as only one wolf showed up, Allen was his name as she recalled. She frowned a little, perhaps they were distracted she agree'd that they should give them some more time. Limno would raise her head again and try to get a better howl out, before stepping closer to Allen perhaps to speak to him for a moment. "My name is Limno, you must be Allen right? Quelt spoke about you." she smiled at him wagging her tail a bit. Though her lime green eyes looked around again, that howl was much better than the last.

They could take down bigger game if they had more wolves, she would wait a bit longer. Sitting in front of Allen the female let out a sigh for a moment. Trying not to seem a little disappointed as she was. Her tail curled around her waist, she wondered if this would snag her a hunting spot, it made her smile thinking about it.

ooc: my bad I didn't post this to be in announcements so I'm extending the date in the hopes more wolves show up. You have until THIS FRIDAY 15th to post!

""

Tinaro

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Varda
05-15-2015, 06:31 PM
The yearling was yet to experience and learn the skills and strategies of pack hunts. Out of desperation and hunger, he had eventually taught himself to hunt small creatures, however, it wasn't a field he greatly enjoyed. Even though hunting was turning out to be his weakest ability, there was no reason why he couldn't show up for the pack hunt. It took some arguing with himself to come to a conclusion, but in the end he attended the hunt simply because his pack-mates needed the food and it would be disappointingly selfish for him to ignore that fact. He also wanted to attend as many events as possible so he could grow more and more familiar with Abaven no matter how much he disliked the particular field. He was now an adult, so it was time he acted like one, right?
Two noticeably older adults had already arrived for the hunt, and by the time he had shown up, their brief conversation had come to an end. Was this all? Abaven was much larger the last time he had gone for a pack meeting. Did everyone else loathe hunting like Tinaro himself? "Where is everyone?" came the surprised and faintly annoyed squeak from his throat. His head swung from each side to convince himself that only three wolves had bothered to arrive at the hunt. Bass hadn't either, which was also rather peculiar.

Allen

gems
size
build
player
05-17-2015, 03:09 PM
Allen would wait, listening as the female tried again to call for others. He truly hoped that they would show, for this was a very sad turnout indeed. Limno was her name, a female that said that Quelt had spoke of him. Quelt had spoken of him? The man would chuckle softly. “All good things I hope!” He would give a little laugh. “But yes, I am Allen. It is a pleasure, miss Limno.” The calico gentleman would look around, feeling his mood sour a bit when only one more showed up.

A youth... But not even Shrike! There was going to be a furry butt kicked if that young boy did not get his tail here soon. And what of Quelt? Why was he not here? Or Bass? Had something gone terrible wrong? Allen would look toward Tinaro, giving a sigh. “I don’t know young one, but it seems that the hunt will rest upon our shoulders today.” As unfair as it was... Three seemed to be hunting for the whole pack. Better make it a kill worth killing then, right?

Gaze would return to Limno again, his voice gentle once more. “Whenever you are ready then, Miss Limno.”

Limno

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
05-18-2015, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2015, 04:38 PM by Limno.)

Only one other, a youth would show up. Limno wouldn't let it show that she felt as if it was her fault. At least with Allen here, she felt as if, things would be okay. She sighed, time to rethink, they would have to take down a small calf, three wolves could get injured and it would be her fault if they tried to hunt the larger bison. She nodded her head, looking at Tinaro she would do well to memorize his name. "Well best make use of what we have I suppose." she hopped in front a little bit. "There's a herd of bison getting ready to move just outside the territory, since we can't bring down an adult we'll need to isolate a calf from the herd." she looked at Tinaro. "That will be me and you Tinaro."

She turned back to Allen, "Once the calf is separated, Allen can try to take it down than if you want Tinaro you can try to have the killing bite for some experience. Just make sure to do it quickly otherwise the calf can easily kick and cause a lot of damage." Limno would wait for a moment to make sure they were ready. She then started towards the scent of the herd making sure she was in a position where they could not scent her. As she reached the hill, she watched them graze, there were various adults and calfs all alike. Yet she started to single out one who seemed to be the easiest near the edge.

ooc: Okay next rounds is due June 2nd but if Allen and Tinaro post sooner I'll post. I have graduation next week is all so I might be a little scarce.
""

Tinaro

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Varda
05-23-2015, 08:44 PM
No-one else had arrived by him, leaving only three wolves to hunt for the rest of the pack. It seemed unfair, especially when he was certain more wolves were capable of helping out. Despite this, the unfamiliar female who had called the hunt together, was seemingly determined to make the best use of the nearby animals and the shortage of hunters. She announced their roles, and it relieved him to know that he would be working with a more experienced adult rather than cluelessly by himself. He was also offered the killing bite, which was rather thoughtful for her to have suggested. Tinaro nodded with eager approval, finding their plan worthy of success. Then again, what did he know? He couldn't tell what was right or wrong with his lack of experience.

The yearling hesitantly fell behind the smaller female, following her steps towards the hill that overlooked the grazing bison. His emerald gaze widened at the sight; which calf were they aiming for? Summoning enough courage to start his role, he shrunk behind the female as he headed down the hill. The closer he got to the shaggy creatures, the larger and intimidating they grew. Their horns were what noticeably stood out; what if someone got injured because of those? Sending brief glances to the female, it seemed she had chosen one particular calf to separate from the group, one that wasn't entirely surrounded by the daunting adults. He slipped beside her, shrinking as far as he could away from the rest of the herd while watching and copying her tactics. Since their target was a child, it was unlikely that they would successfully bring down their prey without interference from the rest of the herd. A couple adults approached his position, and instinctively, he snapped his snarling jaws in the hopes that they would fall back. For such large creatures, it was surprising to see how some reacted to his menacing expression. Some shrank further back into the herd, while a couple were alarmingly unswayed by his actions. It seemed these bison were quite protective of their young and weren't too keen on having one of their calves picked off for a meal.

Allen

gems
size
build
player
05-28-2015, 01:05 PM

Limno did not panic, something that Allen certainly respected her for. She would state that they would just need to make do with what they had then, and take down prey suitable for their hunting party size. Bison could be tough to hunt, but it was worth it when it came to chowing down. Limno would lay out the plan -- she and Tinaro would isolate the calf and then he would help drag it down. Then the boy would be giving the killing bite to get some experience. It was good to see that Limno was trying to help out the youths of the pack.

Tinaro would start off, and surely soon too Limno would be on her way. Allen would fall into position as well, heading off behind them. If he leaped upon the creature and dug in his fangs and claws it should be enough to weigh it down. The shaggy coat would make for a good hold... Providing he didn’t get himself stuck under the bison when it went down the hunt should go by without much of a hitch.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Limno

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Arian
05-29-2015, 09:15 AM

Hoping that Tinaro was watching her, she watched the boy a little. Of course it was dangerous here, but if something happened she would jump to his aid. Her green eyes scanned across the various distracted adults until she came close to the calf. It was wandering a little too far from it's mother, such was life mistakes could make you a meal for the next animal coming about. Quietly she circled around the calf, obviously it was stricken with fear. So Limno was able to get it to start walking away from the herd, watching behind her to make sure the adults didn't lung or anything else that would stir up the rest and get her hurt.

Limno was trying to keep an eye on the prey, Tinaro, and the herd itself. A difficult task, however she felt as if it was indeed her responsibility. With how cheerful she was, when it came down to business she could be very efficient. Her eyes narrowed on the calf letting out a soft growl so that it pushed it a little further out. Little by little they'd be able to push it out until it started running so that Allen could catch it.
""

Tinaro

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Varda
06-01-2015, 10:35 PM

"Speech"

The yearling was rather surprised at how most of the adult bison hadn't noticed one of their young being lead away for a meal, and the fact that its mother was a little too far from reach was also a surprise. It did, however, make their job much easier. Yet there were a few that happened to be directly looking at the calf's position, and so Tinaro continued to obstruct their view by standing almost in front of them. It was important he led the bison to believe he was a solitary yet harmless nuisance, or else they would suspect a whole group of his kind had come to hunt upon their herd. He waited until most had lost interest in a random loner and hissed at the rest that dared creep forward out of curiosity. Eventually they had all shrunken back into their area and returned to their bland and undisturbed grazing. Looking over his shoulder several times to check if the rest of the herd remained peaceful, he breathlessly joined the chestnut female and helped out with leading the calf further away from the herd. Delivering a nudge to its shoulder, he witnessed the calf pick up its pace from a walk to a trot. Good, they were making progress. He ensured the calf couldn't randomly begin returning to its herd by blocking the path and shuffling right behind it. The calf still needed to get further out and the quickest way to do that was to get it to run. He didn't know what was the most efficient method of doing that, so he continued to nudge it until its movements gradually increased in speed. Hopefully Allen had chosen a smart spot and was preparing himself to bring down the creature. There we go, almost there...

Allen

gems
size
build
player
06-15-2015, 11:41 AM

Each moment that passed was a moment of opportunity. They were getting close, so close, to having a successful hunt. Allen would quicken his pace, making sure that he was conscious of where he was in regards to the calf. Bit by bit Limno and Tirano were moving it out, getting it to where he could latch on. The calico gentleman felt calm, sure of his moments. Hunting as a group was something he was used to. Familiar with. He would wait just a moment longer...

...Now!

Allen would spring to close the distance, landing on the haunch of the calf and sinking in his fangs and front claws the best he could. He would feel the creature stumble, the earth shifting beneath them as he hung on. Now all that was left was for Tirano to get in there and finish the young creature off. If he didn’t, well, Allen was sure to have a bit of a rough ride.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'