gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Alamea
05-11-2015, 12:51 AM

Myth was lucid for probably the first time in about a week, the first thing she was aware of was how cold and wet she was. Groaning she opened mis-matched eyes to dim autumn light. Her nose was working now, drinking in the scent of stale water and she was aware of a constant dripping sound. Well at least she had been smart enough to find a cave…

Slowly lifting herself into a sitting position, Myth took inventory of her slowly returning memories. It felt like a century ago that she had run from her sister… her family. The anger and grief knotting together into a ball in her stomach and even now she could only really focus on her loss… Somewhere along the way she had decided to try and leave Alacritis… maybe go back to Ahlon or try and find her daughter… then she had ended up back here… somehow.

For a moment a gnawing hunger drew the battered woman’s attention and she shakily rose to her paws, dragging herself forwards she barely made it even a few steps before the weakness in her limbs won over and she collapsed onto her side. Gaze locked on the world beyond the cave entrance she let out a pathetic whine, not even strong enough to really call for help.

Speech,

Lorelei1

gems
size
build
player
05-11-2015, 01:07 AM

Pale paws carried the girl forward and she hummed happily to herself around the hare that hung limp in her jaws. She had been working really hard on her hunting recently and finally she was starting to show some progress! She hadn't even had to chase after this hare too much before she caught it. Her paws crunched through the ever-present snow of the north as she made her way through it while she looked for a comfortable place to eat her dinner. She spotted a cave opening and her tail wagged happily behind her. Perfect!

Just as she was nearing the entrance she heard a whine coming from inside and she halted in her tracks with her ears perked forward. Whoever that was didn't sound too good. She padded forward, a little more slowly than before, and slipped into the shadows of the cave. She blinked her dual-toned gaze to adjust to the change in light and she easily spotted the woman laying on the cave floor. Lore trotted over to her, worry creased across her brow. She dropped the hare she had been carrying and peered closer at the sickly looking woman. "Miss, do you need help? Can I get you anything?" she asked in her sweet, lilting voice.

"Talk" "You" Think

Myth I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Alamea
05-11-2015, 01:24 AM

It could have only been a minute or maybe an hour before someone arrived, all perception of time had fled the barely conscious woman. Finally though the light from the entrance dimmed and she weakily lifted pitiful gaze to look at the approaching wolf. At first all she could see was shadow, and then as colors and shapes came into focus, as the female approached, Myth thought she was staring up at him. But no, the young woman before her was too light…

A voice reached her ears and for the first time Myth raised her gaze to meet the stranger’s, surprised to find a mirror. Lore! A voice in the back of her head began to chant, repeating the simple name over and over. Slowly lifting herself back onto her haunches her gaze landed upon the rabbit abandoned nearby. Unable to stop herself, salmon tongue swiped across her lips. “A meal might not be unwelcome.” She rasped, forcing herself to keep her gaze on the hare lest the voice in the back of her head start pushing its way onto her tongue.

Speech,

Lorelei1

gems
size
build
player
05-11-2015, 01:37 AM

Lorelei was a little startled when she noticed the other woman's gaze when she saw that it was the same colors as her own. She watched the woman pull herself onto her haunches and Lore took a small step back to give the woman room. She hadn't met anyone else with blue and gold eyes like hers so it seemed really unusual to her... it was something she definitely took notice of anyway. She was sure they couldn't be the only two blue and yellow eyed wolves in the world, but she couldn't help but wonder about it.

The woman mentioned something about a meal, pulling Lore out of her thoughts. She followed the woman's gaze to the hare she had caught and Lore jumped a little with the realization. "Oh! Yes! Of course! Here, it's all yours," she said as she nudged the hare over to the woman. "I can always catch another one. You look like you need a hare way more than me... or maybe two." She smiled a little and settled back on her haunches to let her eat, her mind wandering back to the woman's eyes.

"Talk" "You" Think

Myth I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Alamea
05-11-2015, 02:06 AM

Myth was all too aware of the young woman’s staring and she was doing her best to avoid even looking at her. The voice was getting louder, pounding along the inside of her skull and demanding that it be heard. She was doing her best to focus on her hunger and the food suddenly presented to her.

She was given permission and with the meal pushed her way the woman didn’t wait for any more encouragement, instantly she was diving into the fragrant gift. It had been some time since Myth had gotten any sort of real meal and the taste of meat and the metallic tang of blood made her stomach clench, despite that she continued on, leaving not a single scrap of meat on the hare’s bones by the time she was done; and even then she gnawed on the bones.

She had probably eaten too much considering her lack of a diet but in the moment she didn’t care. The Incessant hunger had been banished and she was grateful. Turning gaze once more upon the dappled woman the voice began to scream again and she finally pulled herself back up into a sitting position. “May I know your name?” She allowed herself to look at the female this time, though she still avoided meeting her gaze.

Speech,

Lorelei1

gems
size
build
player
05-11-2015, 10:49 PM

Lore sat back and waited while the curiously familiar woman dug into the offered meal like she hadn't eaten in weeks. For all she knew maybe it was the truth. She was positive that she had never met this woman before, but something about her just seemed so familiar... She just couldn't put her paw on it. Was there a way to know wolves without actually knowing them? She wasn't entirely sure. It was almost like a moment of deja vu when she looked at this woman's blue and gold gaze. She tried her best to shrug it off, writing it off as nothing more than coincidence, but it was hard.

The woman finally finished the hare and Lore smiled a little. She was sad that she would have the hunt for dinner again, but she could be happy with the fact that she had been able to help someone in need. This woman clearly needed it more than she had anyway. She asked for her name and Lore wouldn't hesitate to give it. "Well of course! I'm Lorelei Sirel-Destruction. It's nice to meet you," she replied, her lilting sing-song voice as chipper as ever. She smiled and looked at the woman expectantly, hoping that this would mean that she would introduce herself in return.

"Talk" "You" Think

Myth I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Alamea
06-04-2015, 10:46 PM

There was no pause, no time to plan her reaction to the answer the dappled girl would give her, regardless of what it was. No she was simply thrust into a reality where she was face to face with her own daughter. The screaming was repeating the spoken words over and over again in her head and Myth suddenly felt very faint. She swayed slightly though managed to remain upright. Before she could stop herself a word was falling from her lips, whispered but said allowed regardless: “Lore?”

Finally she seemed to grasp exactly what was going on. Realizing that the girl would be expecting an introduction of her own she struggled to arrange her thoughts. “Sorry, I’m Myth. I was ah… A friend of your mother’s.” Last name was omitted, it would be too much, too quickly. No doubt the simple knowledge that she had known Lethilan would be a surprise enough, there was no need to overload the girl.

Speech,

Lorelei1

gems
size
build
player
06-21-2015, 10:05 AM

"Yes... that's right," she replied uncertainly when the other woman suddenly seemed very unsteady and even swayed a little when she whispered her name. Lore was immediately concerned. Maybe this woman was worse off than she origionally thought, maybe she should go find help for her... but then she finally introduced herself and Lore thought she might faint instead. Her eyes grew wide and all other thoughts flew out the window. For a moment all she could do was stare that this woman that shared her eye colors, that she had randomly found by chance, that it was almost like she had almost been drawn to her by fate.

"You're more than just my mom's friend, aren't you?" she whispered, barely even able to breathe or blink. The words her mom told her about the truth of their relationship swirled in her head as she looked at Myth and tried her best to process all of her emotions. "You're... you're my mother. My birth mother. Aren't you?"

"Talk" "You" Think

Myth I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Alamea
07-10-2015, 12:51 AM

Ah, so she had been told then. Myth had never asked Lethilan to speak of her to her daughter leaving that choice up to the woman. A part of her had always assumed she would simply raise Lore as her own and never tell her, it wasn’t like Myth had had any plans to come back for her. She had thought of it certainly but she had always accepted that losing Deimos and giving up her daughter was the end of the line. That was the end of that part of her life, just as her parents death had been.

And yet here she was, her precious Lore was right in front of her and not only that but she knew who she was. The dappled girl spoke in a whisper and Myth gazed down at her paws listening as her daughter stumbled through the truth. “That is correct.” Her voice was soft. She wanted to apologize, wanted to tell Lore of all that had transpired- tell her that from the moment she had been born that she had loved her, that she had never stopped. But she remained silent, only glancing up from time to time and waited.

Speech,

Lorelei1

gems
size
build
player
07-10-2015, 06:28 PM

Time stood still for an undetermined amount of time until Myth finally spoke, confirming her assumption. It took everything Lore had not to fall over from shock. She watched her birth mother for a moment, watching her glance up at her and then back down at the ground. "I never thought I'd actually find you," she said softly, trying to find words to express how she was feeling right now. She wasn't angry, she wasn't upset, but she wasn't entirely happy either. She was just... shocked and confused. "After Momma told me about... about you, I came to Alacritis looking for you, but months and months went by I hadn't found any clues and now... Now here you are. I had given up completely almost and now here you are."

Silence fell over her again for a few moments and the longer she thought the only thing she could think of was, "Why?" Her thoughts came out into the open and she made her gaze meet the mirrored gold and blue in front of her. "Why did you... Why did you leave? Momma told me she wasn't my real mother and told me not to be mad at you, but she couldn't tell me why. I just... I don't understand." She was trying so hard to keep her emotions in check, but it was so hard. It felt like this was such a long time in the making and now she wasn't entirely sure if this whole mission had ever been a good idea in the first place.

"Talk" "You" Think