ardent

A Creative Title Goes Here

Hypnos

gems
size
build
player
05-22-2015, 05:53 PM

The boy had been on the fence with officially joining Katja's pack. It wasn't that there was anything in particular wrong with her, no, but rather it was the fact that she and Kapra had tried to force claim his love. He felt a bit odd about still joining this pack, worry for Mystic and her family in his mind. But he knew that if anything happened then he would be able to handle it. He was not the weak child he once was, but rather a much stronger young adult. He would breathe in, gaze scanning the territory for the silver ticked woman.

Hypnos would wait just a moment longer before tilting his head back, calling for her. He had hoped to speak with Kapra first but it seemed the time to make his decision was now. He would sit once he finished his howl, setting into wait. His mind was on his future now. If this could work... perhaps it would be for the better. Maybe... maybe Mystic would some day be able to find a home with him. But for now he would remain in Yfir alone.
""

Art by Tea

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
05-25-2015, 09:30 AM
A familiar voice called to her - Kapra's protege, the rogue Olympian Hypnos, and she cocked her head to the side curiously. The boy had been scarce of late and she'd been half certain that he'd left completely, though she'd not often took much notice of him in the past with her own wanderings anyway. He'd always struck her as a somewhat quiet thing, though since much of her memory of him had come from the time immediately after she'd taken Olympus and given his adopted mother and he sanctuary she did not believe she actually knew him well.

Arriving before the boy, she greeted him solemnly. "Heil, Hypnos Olympus. I was not certain I would see you again." She had not, in fact, seen him since she'd recreated Yfir from Ebony, and the thought that it had stirred bad memories that kept him away had occurred to her, though there was little to be done if it did. Her assumption now was that he had come to join them, but she would not be surprised if he came to part ways completely either. "What is it you wished me for?"

Hypnos

gems
size
build
player
05-28-2015, 03:49 PM

Katja would arrive, greeting him in a solemn manner. He would tip his head in response, words rumbling forth as he gave her his reply. “Aye Katja, and I apologize for that. However, before pledging my allegiance to Yfir I wanted to make sure that the oath I could give you was true.” The young man would lift his gaze, meeting the silver hues of the woman. He would breathe in, feeling himself almost on edge as he spoke with her. Would she deny him? Or would she be grateful that he had taken the time to make sure his oath was sincere?

“I’ve made my decision and would like to request my stay in Yfir as one of your warriors. To live and serve, in thanks for all you and Karpa have done for me.” It was true. The man had brought out a sense of self for Hypnos that the boy never knew he had. It had, in honesty, frightened him at first. To recognize the darkness that lurked within his own heart. But now he did not regret it. Being yourself was nothing you needed to be ashamed of. He would breathe in, awaiting the woman’s answer.

""

Art by Tea

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
06-17-2015, 12:55 PM

Katja may have been oblivious to the reasons behind Hypnos' emotional turmoil, but she could hardly have missed the tell-tale physical signs of his nervousness. She allowed her eyes to meet his, and she studied him silently for a long moment. Had something occurred that would cause him to doubt his welcome among the vikings? To the best of her knowledge he and Kapra's relationship had not faltered, though she did not hover so over them as to know whether they had argued, and if they had that was their business. Whatever had kept Hypnos away had seemed to resolve itself, at any rate. "You have always been welcome in Yfir," she said finally. "Nothing has changed." As for him being a warrior, student of Kapra or no he would need to be judged ready before he took his place as a warrior. "You will need to be tested in battle to be allowed to be a warrior, a testing I am afraid will need delaying for a short time. I will be bringing the pack north to a new territory shortly and that cannot be delayed for two freshly injured wolves. When we have settled into the new lands and you feel you are ready, find me. I will set you against another warrior that I may observe you." She inclined her head to the side, inviting any more questions he might have of her.

"

Hypnos

gems
size
build
player
06-22-2015, 12:46 PM

He had always been welcome. That brought a sense of relief to Hypnos, and he would breathe out in relief. He would have a home here, and whether or not Mystic understood, would approve, this felt like a home to him. The vikings understood him... And though he had a long way to go before he could truly stand among them as a fellow he was determined to take his place here. He would shake his head slowly, a smile forming on his lips. “That is alright, Lady Katja. Perhaps it may seem a bit strange, but I don’t think I’m ready to test for that position just yet. If you will grant it, I’d like to take more time to prepare myself so that I may prove truly prove myself worthy of such a rank.” His eyes were shining with determination. “But make no mistake... My goal to become a true viking, as you and Kapra are, has not changed.” He just had to overcome his personal weakness before that could be achieved.

""

Art by Tea

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
06-22-2015, 08:44 PM

She simply inclined her head in acceptance when he spoke of wanting to wait until he was more capable to test as a warrior. If he did not have the confidence that he was ready, he was not ready. That would come in time, as would the strength and skills. "It may be that you may find a position as a dreng - a junior warrior - more comfortable for a time than thegn. A mentor would be assigned to teach you what you have not yet learned, and to help you to train and strengthen your body and mind. Of course even a junior warrior must be tested in their resolve." As friendly as the words may be, her cool voice did not alter from her usual chilly distance, and though her attention remained on him as was polite, her gaze rose to scan the land around them before returning to his. She was gladdened, for Kapra's sake as well as the boy's, that he had chosen to join them, but there were many things that still needed doing this day and he was capable of finding his own way around. "I will leave you to find someplace to rest until we move the pack," she told him. "There are likely many dens left abandoned by former Ebony wolves, you may take your pick of them. We will be moving shortly, then when you are ready to test for thegn or, if that is the path you wish to take, dreng, we will accommodate you. If you will excuse me, I have a patrol." She nodded to him abruptly before bounding off along the border with silent steps, returning to her patrol.

-exit Katja-