gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
05-30-2015, 03:32 AM
He had only just dropped anchor in this territory claimed by Sonticus, a place he would now call home. Already it was clear to him that testosterone ruled heavily, despite the fact that their President was a woman. Xephyris was intent on seeing who else resided here, to whom he offered his loyalty and strength - and if he offered such to them, what did the others offer in return? He was familiar with Arian, the dominant female, but now he wanted to know who the dominant male was. What did these wolves stand for? He was determined to find his place in the pack, particularly his place amongst the other males. He'd spent some time exploring the S.S. Antiox but he hadn't met anyone thus far; now was the time.

The well-built brute paced around the ship's hull on sturdy pillars, his gray and white pelt ruffled by the harsh northern wind. He glared around with sharp silver eyes, hackles rising in defiance of the bitter cold that clawed through his coat. He hadn't yet adjusted to the change of seasons, though when his pelt grew in properly he would be fully insulated against the freezing climate. Glaring around with silver eyes, he wondered if anyone was nearby. He marked a spot that was higher than the rest of the debris, his dark tipped tail raising high like a flag of pride. Then his hind claws dug into the icy metal deck, declaring his presence in a demanding display. He wondered how long before his packmates noticed and were drawn to find him. He couldn't wait.

Hakku

gems
size
build
player
06-26-2015, 09:13 PM
Even though Arian was his sister for the most part he had not been in Sonticus long. His presence in the pack was more minor, though thanks to his Arian he was doing better once more. Hakku's tail was a wagging, head held high and good spirits within his heart. He had a home, a family, and though he had not done much with them yet he was excited to have the time too. In fact today had been specifically set aside so that he could meet with some of those packmates. He knew Arian had a mate, but he was one of the last ones he actually wanted to meet face to face yet. Would the other male have expectations of him since he was Arian's brother?

Hakku was plodding through the powdery snow, heading back towards the ship, when he noticed the form of another wolf up on the deck. A grin was made and he would scramble up the plank quickly, not at all the quietest of sounds. A call was given to the other, an excited bark leaving him. "Hey! Hey down here~ Hi!"

Xephyris

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
06-26-2015, 11:19 PM
Xephyris took up an alert stance as he heard the commotion of another wolf approaching him. Was someone rushing toward him, offended by his demeanor? He hoped he would soon meet the other males that he would contend with for rank and find his place amongst. What he was faced with was not what he expected at all. A small, hyperactive wolf approached him, his tail wagging like a pup, excitedly chattering at him the moment he was within range. This was unexpected... and to say that was an understatement. For a moment, Xephyris remained silent, but before he knew what to say, he burst out laughing, something that didn't happen much in his case. It was a deep and gravelly sound, a deep chuckle of sorts. His silvery eyes would land upon the grinning wolf, and he raised a brow, a smirk of amusement upon his mug.

"Hello there," he said with the remnants of laughter still in his rumbling tone. At first he expected that this male was a yearling or less, but upon closer examination, it was clear that the brute was grown - he was simply small, and his persona puppish and outgoing to an extent which Xephyris had never known. So many new experiences in this new home of his... how was he supposed to respond? His proudly raised tail hung at half mast, unsure of how to get along, but he would have to make do. "So... who are you?" he questioned, tilting his head, "My name is Xephyris... I'm newly arrived here in Sonticus. Haven't quite sorted out my purpose here yet..." He would pause then and await a response from the eager male.

Hakku

gems
size
build
player
07-04-2015, 05:09 PM
Hakku would be greeted in kind by his fellow pack member. His outgoing personal came naturally, his happy-go-lucky attitude just how he had always been. He would be asked a question and answer in kind. “The name is Hakku, Xephyris! I’m actually Arian’s brother, believe it or not.” He wore a grin as he stopped, tail wagging back and forth in a friendly manner. Heck, the other guy might have thought him strange, but to Hakku this was just another day. He knew well enough that not everyone got along but sometimes that was just how things were.

“I’m sure you’ll find your place in the pack soon.” Hakku would encourage. “I’m personally just a feeder. I don’t care too much for fighting, but I’ll do it if it’s necessary. I also don’t know a lick about herbs, but Arian’s got that bit covered.” He was feeling a bit chatty. “What do you personally like to do, Xyphyris? Perhaps the answer to what you can do for the pack lies there.”

Xephyris

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
07-09-2015, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2015, 09:32 PM by Xephyris.)
There was still an amused look upon his mug as he listened to Hakku introduce himself - he wouldn't have guessed that this hyped up guy would be Arian's brother. They definitely marched to different tempos. "Good to meet you, Hakku," he said politely, offering a little dip of his head. Xephyris had certainly never met someone so thrilled to meet a stranger. But perhaps that was what life was supposed to be like in a pack such as this. He had to continually remind himself that this was not the place he was born. He was definitely going to be confronted with characters he'd never dreamed of meeting before.

Still, his serious nature would shine through, and the laughter had now ceased, his face expressionless and eyes focused on the other male. His tail remained stationary above his back, listening with intent as Hakku mentioned his place in the pack as a feeder. Then Xephyris would be asked about his interests. A brow raised - he'd thought he knew exactly what he wanted to do, but when he thought about it, he didn't really have a rank in mind. "Well, I like to train my body, keep in top shape," he mused, "And I like to spar and compete with others. Perhaps I'd do best as some sort of soldier, someone who defends and fights for the pack. I'll need to work hard to earn my rank, somehow. If this pack has need for such a thing." He knew how he could do it, and he knew he should probably seek out the others in the pack to start building his way up in the pack.

Hakku

gems
size
build
player
07-26-2015, 12:56 PM
The other man would hold a serious nature, something that Hakku had felt was more tiring than anything. He would listen to the other man as he spoke, and the young man would give a firm, steady nod. “Sure sounds like you’re describing the rank of a soldier to me!” The fox-like male would sit down, tail curling around his body as he looked up at the other.

“Perhaps we could train together sometime. I hear that training in pairs can be beneficial.” On top of that Hakku definitely wanted to try his best for Sonticus as well. To become an asset rather than a burden. His gaze would brighten at the very thought of the idea. Perhaps Xy would be up for it?

Xephyris

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
07-26-2015, 05:43 PM
Xephyris smirked as Hakku confirmed that he was speaking of the role of a soldier. So be it, that would be the rank he'd pursue. He allowed his tail to drop and stood more comfortably, perking his ears the male suggested they train together sometime. He let loose a grunt of amusement, somewhat surprised that the small brute would want to train with him. But if he didn't see size as a hindrance then Xephyris supposed it wouldn't be a bad thing to practice together. He couldn't underestimate someone just for their size, that would be foolish. "Very well, Hakku, we will train together," he said with a nod of agreement, "And what is your specialty? Perhaps you can show me a thing or two." He was open to learning - despite his serious nature, he wasn't too proud or stubborn to leave behind an opportunity to better himself.