size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-05-2015, 10:18 AM
She'd not received an explanation from Valentine yet, and she knew she should reserve her judgement until he was able to explain himself but her faith in him had been shaken to its core when he'd done what he did to Soliloquy. Though by now she was sure that his trust in her had been disrupted just as greatly. The past few days had given her a lot of time to think, which was probably a bad thing, now a few days after the fight she'd completely lost Soliloquy and she hadn't made it back to Abaven like she'd planned. If she waited any longer though she was sure that her standing in the pack would be compromised, even more than it was at the moment.

She was still torn, and couldn't begin to imagine how Valentine might react to her return. Would he hurt her like he'd done to Sol? Her pace was slow as she walked towards Imperium, her head help barely level with her chest and her white marked tail swinging slightly between her legs. She was scared of what might transpire when Valentine reached her, and despite the days she had to think she still had no idea what she might say to him or how they might fix things. Were things even fixable, had she succeeded in destroying another relationship? Would Valen just send her away as soon as he saw her? She'd take in a deep breath as she made her way to the border, though the breath wouldn't turn into a howl like she planned, it was more of a whimper. With another heavy sigh she'd peer into Imperium, finally tilting back her head she'd sing for Valentine.

As the melody ended and her form returned to its pose she'd feel herself stiffen, a nervousness worse than she'd ever experienced took hold of her frail features.
"Speech"

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
06-07-2015, 02:40 PM

Her voice chilled him better than any winter wind ever could. Rhythm's betrayal was as fresh as his wounds and while the later had benefited from time the former had not. Like a physical wound left untreated it had festered. With each passing day it had worsened and grown fouler, and under a nonplussed guise, the emotional wound had gone necrotic.

There she was. Like a rogue she'd stopped at the border and waited for him. Her posture was meek at best and even though several feet separated them he could smell her trepidation from where he stood. Valentine said nothing, his expression seemingly impassive. He ran a calculating eye over her, noting the lack of power about her person. Funny how she could be so strong one second and so weak the next.

Over the last several days he'd played this situation over and over, gone through countless scenarios. He'd rehearsed what he wanted to say a thousand times and yet now that he was presented with the opportunity those words just didn't cut it. So he waited.

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-07-2015, 03:03 PM
She couldn't keep her gaze off of him as he made his approach, despite everything she'd seen him do the reason she was afraid was because she felt like she was going to lose him. The goofy, exciting, trouble making alpha that she gotten to know over the last year. It was hard to accept that the wolf that had been so gentle with her would so ruthlessly emasculate her cousin like he'd done. Her heart raced inside her chest as he came to a stop and stare at her like he'd never looked upon her before. He was a stony face and she might have been any loner that walked up to his borders. She'd lick her lips as he stood silent, offering her not even a simple greeting. The reality that this could really be the end did its best to overwhelm her. After all the good times they'd been through one event threatened to be the undoing of their relationship.

For a long time she'd thought about the potential that lingered between them, her day dreams seemed much different than what stood in front of her. If she were to wish those thoughts goodbye she wanted to gain an explanation. Maybe she could have some closure, or seek the reason behind his heartless act. She'd take in a short breath, she could feel her limbs shaking slightly but as she spoke she wouldn't let her voice waiver even if it was a whisper. "How could you do that to him?" He'd told her once you needed to get dirty in a fight, but she'd never imagined he'd be so cold to take something from another wolf that he treasured so dearly.
"Speech"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

06-07-2015, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2015, 04:32 PM by Valentine.)

"How could you do that to him?" The rage he'd been grappling with since the fight flared up at her words. To smother the sudden desire to lunge across the space between them, Valentine ground his teeth together, his lips lifting in a snarl as a hiss bubbled free. Who gave a fuck about that slave and his balls? He'd gotten to leave with his life and if his only value was found in his ability to impregnate women then Alacritia was better off now that he was nutless.

His fur standing on end, he bit out slowly, his voice low and careful, "You were special to me. I trusted you," Valen paused to grind his teeth together, remembering her walking away, and his voice started to rise,"And you were so quick to undermine me. How dare you question my sovereignty in front of my enemy!" He ended on a roar, his teeth bared in an enraged snarl. She'd wounded him, taken the trust he'd given her and thrown it back in his face. Valentine didn't have a problem with her tending to the wounds of his opponent. He did, however, have a problem with how she'd done it. She'd spit in his face, let that ball-less bastard see how well he kept his pack in line. He was not a joke, not to be trifled with or walked over, and if she thought she could get away with disrespect because of his affection for her then she was sadly mistaken.

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-07-2015, 04:55 PM
Her words seemed to ignite him, fury became obvious in every aspect of him as his fur rose along his back and he did nothing to stop the snarl that overtook his features. Her eyes would widen as she watched him restrain his aggressions only slightly reigned in. There would be no answer to her question, but as he finally spoke her heart would begin to shatter. "You were special." He spat at her, "Trusted." There was obviously none left. She too had put her faith in him, to be a fair master and King. He'd rage about how she'd made him look in front of Soliloquy and her ears would fall to her skull, but it wasn't her that had shamed him. She'd will her legs to keep their strength as she stared down the same face that had torn Soliloquy open only a few days ago. "You meant more to me than my own brother," She'd admit in a whisper, how could she have chosen to live with Valentine over him if that had never been the case. Her voice was hoarse with the unshed tears she held back. Today she would feel the most terrible pain of her life. "I thought that I might have loved you," another gentle whisper would leave her, the she wolf a stark contrast to the raging giant across from her. "But you are not who I fell for." And that was it, she wanted to run away now. Where she didn't have any idea, but it was obvious she wouldn't be leaving here with out seeing the full wrath of a King for herself. She'd swallow hard, containing the urge to run for her life as she waited for the retribution. Her bright blue and purple gaze would close, she'd half hope he did take her life so that she wouldn't have to live with the knowledge that she'd succeeded in betraying every single wolf she cared for.
"Speech"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

06-07-2015, 05:14 PM

He wanted to rage. To make how betrayed he felt crystal clear. He wanted her to know what she'd done to him. He'd spent the better part of his life trying to protect himself, to build a shell around his heart, so that's what he'd done. He'd built himself a persona of self-indulgence and careless behavior. And the one time, the one time, he'd let someone in, let someone see him for who he was, this is what it had gotten him.

His voice low again, he said, "If I mean so little to you then leave." He threw down the ultimatum. The choice was hers. She didn't know what she had done to him, the wound she had created. He'd been so careful with his heart. She's slipped by his defenses and he'd let her. He'd let her in. Let her get close. And this was what it got him. "And do not return."

""

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-07-2015, 05:32 PM
More than anything she wanted to go back to the day that they'd watched the sun set together quietly on those cliffs. The day before Cascade had intervened and set in motion events that might have taken twice as long to happen. Rhythm didn't want to admit it, especially to herself right now, but she really had loved him. He was fun and caring and he'd wanted nothing but the best for her. Yet she'd seen how ruthless he'd been with Soliloquy, how much different he was now. She'd hear his voice again, something she hadn't expected. Prove that he didn't mean anything to her and leave forever. How could she stay though, when he didn't even understand why it was she'd done what she had in the first place. Obviously he didn't care. He only saw what his pride would show him. The scene in front of her was all too familiar. She was being banished again. "I can't." She'd squeak, despite what he'd shown her and despite how much she wanted to fight it he held her heart. "I belong to you," she'd asked him once if he had possession over her and he'd denied it. The truth was though by his side was where she belonged. The question was though would she ever be able to regain the trust he'd had in her? Would he even allow her to?
"Speech"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

06-07-2015, 07:20 PM

Her words threw him for a loop. He'd been preparing for a rejection, been bracing for the inevitable end. Valentine almost didn't believe her. Everyone who had ever meant anything to him had left him. It had been nothing for them to walk out and he'd been expecting the same from Rhythm.

Breathing hard through his nose, Valentine's gaze darted away. His jaw worked, disbelief momentarily silencing him. He didn't know what to make of her. She'd sounded so certain of her decision.

His gaze returned but he remained guarded. Valentine wanted to make several things clear before he could accept that it was safe to make up. "I'm not going to change," he said firmly, "By staying you have to accept that." He wasn't above maiming or killing. If she couldn't stomach the fact that he would castrate Soliloquy again in a heartbeat if he had the chance to do the fight over, then she needed to cut ties while she could.

"This is not a democracy, but you are entitled to your opinion. However," Once more he replayed the way she'd walked away from him and the embers of his anger flared to life. "I will not tolerate being undermined in the presence of others again. I am King. Your King. And Imperium needs to present a united front." He sighed. "I want you to stay. But," The brute paused to make sure he was sure he wanted to say it, "But I want you to be happy and if this life isn't for you, you need to get out while you can." This was, perhaps, her only opportunity. By staying she was committing herself to him. She'd said she belonged to him, but could she really accept the ramifications of such a statement?

""

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-07-2015, 08:23 PM
This was a harsh lesson in humility for the Destruction girl, the gravity of her actions had been ignored when she'd performed them. She'd acted first and asked questions later. Valentine had to wield a great power, there could be no second guesses. He would not change, and could not if he intended to keep his pack strong. He could have bestowed upon her similar punishment and sent her on his way, but how much he cared for her would be more than apparent in his control over his actions. Valentine would remain silent for a long moment before wordlessly accepting her back. "I'm not going to change," She had to accept the darkness along with the light, life was ruthless and he'd seen much more of that than she could dream. To survive, and to be the strongest you had to be ruthless right back. It wasn't her place to act as she did, no matter how she felt about Soliloquy and his family.

She understood what he said, and would nod in acceptance. This was a lesson of life she had yet to face. While she had taken up her dwelling in the light she'd been blind to those dark happenings around her. "I want you to stay." She found herself stepping forward at his words, her stunned stupor drawing her towards him. She'd only take a step before stopping herself. She'd broken his trust, and couldn't know if she was still welcomed in his embrace. If she wanted to once again see the care free being he'd let her take a glimpse at she had to harden herself. She was Imperium's weak link. If she was weak, that reflected on Valentine. No matter how much he cared for her he couldn't be seen as weak. It wasn't all pride, it was necessity. "I'm sorry I failed you," she'd start, lowering her head apologetically. "Valen, you mean the world to me. I'll do anything I need to earn your trust back." She'd whisper her oath, knowing very well what it was she pledged. Her loyalty could not waiver again. She didn't doubt there were few wolves that received a second chance from the Imperator.
"Speech"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

06-09-2015, 08:34 PM

It appeared that the gravity of what she'd done was finally sinking in. Not only had she made him look weak but Imperium as well. In a split second his confidence in her had been shattered; she'd shown him just how flimsy her loyalty was. Rhythm said she was sorry and admitted she'd failed, but what weight did her words carry? Who was to say the next time her heart bled over a cause that she wouldn't walk away from him again?

Her step forward didn't go unnoticed. Valen's ears flicked back briefly. He wanted to accept her back, to believe her without question, but it wasn't that easy. Her betrayal had cut him deeply and the damage was still fresh. For now he wanted her to keep her distance.

His voice grave, he said, "I feel the same, you mean the world to me." Valentine slowly shook his head, his eyes never leaving Rhythm's face. "But you have your work cut out for you." He didn't have a solution to offer. He needed to see it with his own eyes. If she meant it she needed to live it.

""

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-09-2015, 09:20 PM

He'd tell her wordlessly that she was plenty close to him already, her step received reaction and she would not repeat the movement no matter how much she might long to do so. She'd sink a bit lower, but would try not to let it bother her so intensely. Rhythm would have to focus on having this second chance, a new look on how she lived her life and for what reason. She'd been living in a foggy dream world before, it seemed now that the world was just slightly less bright. "...you mean the world to me." His words were dark though, and how much damage she'd done apparent, she'd turn away swiftly at his words but as he made comment on the effort she needed to put forth her gaze would return to him and she'd nod with confidence. She'd take a deep breath and try to put the events behind her, she couldn't move forward if she lingered. Though she knew there would be a lot of time between now and when he put his trust in her again she had to hope it was possible. "Can I start with taking you on a date, Mr. Imperialis?" She hoped that her lapse into the not so distant past might start the journey off a little easier than walking away from each other in silence.

"Speech"

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

06-13-2015, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 06-13-2015, 09:31 PM by Valentine.)

Too soon. He needed time. Space. Valentine needed to breathe and unwind before he could think about trying another date with her. On the heels of their argument, it was too soon. He found himself shaking his head slowly. It wasn't a good idea. They were mending their relationship, sure, but to go from rage to a date in the span of day was out of the question. He couldn't accept. "Not today. I would like some time, alright? Just..." Let me be. "Give it a few days." Valen paused to think before offering a suggestion, "You're welcome home or you can take the opportunity to visit your siblings, I just...I think I'd like to be alone for awhile." To think, to reevaluate, to heal. He just needed a chance to breathe.

""

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
06-16-2015, 05:41 PM

"No, of course." She'd answer him, she hadn't expected him to go with her tonight. She was sure that she didn't even want to try that route. Moments ago she'd almost lost him, but after all that had transpired they both needed to walk away for a while. A few days, she would nod. Very much accepting these conditions. Valen didn't hesitate in offering his suggestions either, though she already knew she was going to go to Motif. He'd accepted her back, but that didn't mean he was ready to accept her back. "I'll be in Abaven," she'd offer softly, in case an emergency came up and she was needed with haste. She was more thankful than ever that Bass had welcomed her back into their families lives. She'd back up from him slowly, ears lowering slightly as her gaze lingered on his form. "Fare well," Rhythm wouldn't hesitate to offer. She'd return in a while, and if she was needed before then she could be sent for. With out lingering much longer she'd turn and quietly head towards Abaven

"Speech"