Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
06-06-2015, 08:08 PM

The Titanic brute had the quite movements of a hunter down to an art, as he followed his prey from Algoma Prairie to Fern Gully. The young buck had to be in its first winter, with a proud set of antlers and a carefree gait as it stopped to dig beneath the ice for what was left of the grassy coverage below. It would be here that the Elementas would gain his chance to find cover closer to his prey, as he placed each paw carefully against the snow, his body lowered to the ground as he drew himself closer and closer. The buck had a good size to him and would go a good distance around the many mouths he had to feed.

As he positioned himself and lowered his body further, preparing himself for the strike, the buck would hear a noise. Its head came upwards swiftly and it would look about itself, not yet alarmed. Gritting his teeth, Glacier hunkered down once again to re-wait for his chance to strike.

"speech"  

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
06-06-2015, 08:31 PM
Frith was on a walk, unfortunately not a pleasure walk either. He was scouting for prey stuffs. The winter was difficult in Threar, the ocean was cold and did not yield much life. The forests were quiet and he was beginning to worry about their food stores. A hunting trip might be in order in the packs future, and he would need to know where to go to lead them more effectively. The thought actually excited him, taking his older children on a longer expedition. They were practically adults now, the thought astounded him every time it came to mind. His little tiny babies were going to be two years old. Time had flown by, it seemed like yesterday they fit in the palm of his paw.

All the thoughts of his children's age would fog his mind to what he should have been concentrating on. He'd snap to attention at his foot cracked a stick. Instinctively he'd crouch down low, all of his limbs were tucked as he looked around him, that was when he'd spot the deer. Though he didn't see Glacier he was in exactly the right place to smell him. There was a hunter here.
""
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
06-06-2015, 08:38 PM

The deer didn't settle back down again, it seemed whatever he had heard had spooked him and more wearily the buck would start to move once again, going further afield where there where less places for a hunter to spook him. Naturally that would have been the buck's intention and it made the hunt more difficult for Glacier, without a second person to herd the deer to him or him to them he cold only rely on the Element of surprise, he was a wolf of strength and not speed, if the buck got warning and a head start then there little chance of the hunter catching his prey.

Instead, it seemed the boy would have to play the waiting game, his eyes flickered in the direction the noise had originally sounded, curious, but not overly so, there had been no evidence of anyone after the noise had sounded. The boy would rise from his position slowly and begin to circle through the woods in search of a good and comfortable angle in which to wait for his prey to leave the open grounds of his meadow and return the forest.

"speech"  

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
06-06-2015, 08:55 PM
He'd find that his fire and ice gaze would return to the hoofed yearling, the beast would find its way into a clearing. Frith remained still, nothing but his eyes would move as he waited to hear or see the hunter move. It seemed he wouldn't have to wait long, patience would pay off as he caught the movement of the massive wolf that could be nothing but the owner of the scent. Frith would feel his ears perk as he would finally decide to move, slinking quietly he'd "Psssst." Hopefully his shushed voice would be able to gain the titan's attention. This was a difficult hunt alone, surely he could slip into this hunt despite being a complete stranger. "Need a paw?" he'd whisper if the other allowed him to draw more near.
""

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
06-06-2015, 09:08 PM

As he started to creep through the trees, he would freeze as a sixth sense told him of movement, and would turn even as the stranger spoke. He would tilt his head and study Frith as this stranger with yellow eyes and strangely decorated face would ask him if he could join in the hunt. The Elementas let his muzzle tilt into a grin and he would nod once. “Usher or trap?” he whispered back in as few words as possible, hoping the other would understand what he meant – chasing a prey into the arms of another was a commonly used hunting tactic, of which there where only two roles to play.

He lowered himself to the ground, his ears flicking in the direction of their prey as he conversed in a qick and silent manner with the stranger. It seemed their buck was of yet unaware of their presence and had taken to digging once again to find its grass in the safety of its clearing.

"speech"  

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
06-07-2015, 11:51 AM
The large brute's attention was easily grabbed as Frith started to move, he'd turn even as the words left the chocolate man's lips. Already a grin would form on the larger wolf's maw and Frith knew he'd assumed correctly. There were only a couple words returned, and Frith did indeed know what the point was. Frith would consider for a long second, debating which would be better but he couldn't help but think the other wolf laying in wait would be better. He could more easily overpower the animal. "I'll run." He'd whisper back, if the stranger was going to wait here Frith would need to make his way to the other side of the animal. This process took a long time, Frith skirted around the creature, but he had to be silent. One wrong move and he would ruin the other wolf's hunt. Eventually he'd come into place and with little hesitation he would leap from the clearing and race towards the young deer.

Of course the animal would startle and start heading in the direction it had come, straight towards the wolf laying in wait.
""

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
06-07-2015, 12:10 PM
The mountainous brute would pause in his turned and crouched position as he gave time for the polite stranger to decide his roll in the hunt. They could work out splitting their gains later, for now the key was in how to bring down their victim successfully. After the answer was given Glacier would once again change his position, finding better cover to crouch in and listen and wait for his moment. Their would be a wait as the other wolf skirted silently through the surrounding forest to find the right angle in which to heard the buck.

The waiting game would soon come to a close as the stranger leaped from his hiding spot and frightened the buck, herding him skillfully to the waiting Elementas. Here Glacier had to rime his moment perfectly he waited until the prey was a second from running parallel to his hidden form before he leaped and grabbed at the deers side, causing them both to crash into the foliage, him above the woodland creature where he swiftly landed the killing blow upon its neck before it's thrashing could risk him injury. Tongue lolling happily from his mouth he would rise, licking his lips as his eyes sought out his newest friend.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
06-07-2015, 12:39 PM
Frith wouldn't stop running as he watched the collision happen and both creatures went tumbling into the thicket. With his bright orange and blue eyes wide Frith slowed his form, finding the sudden silent in the wood alarming. With a quickness he'd find the tangled bodies, with this impressive stranger victoriously standing over their prey. He would gain the other's attention as he neared, eyes falling on the felled deer with thanks. "Nice kill." He'd observe as his lips pulled back into a smile, his breath coming in gasps as he recovered from his burst of speed. He could run at an easy lope for days, but great bursts such as that took a little bit out of him. "I'm Frith Destruction, by the way. Author of Threar."
""

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
06-07-2015, 02:44 PM
This little adventure already told Glacier a lot about his companion. After all it was winter and hunting was scarce, this easily could have turned into a race and an argument over who had seen the prey first. Instead the pair had worked together flawlessly like old friends not newly met strangers. Glacier liked the man by this first impression and already held him in high regard. The titans eyes easily found the stranger as he caught up to them and surveyed the carnage at glaciers feet and the Elementas boy would grin in return "good team work" he corrected him easily as Frith commented on the kill, Glacier couldn't take the credit, he couldn't have done it without this man's help.

Frith would introduce himself and Glacier dipped his head easily in respect to the leader of threar- he knew that pack, his mate had come to the pool party Locha and voltage had thrown. "Pleasure to meet you, I am Glacier, ferax of donostrea" he returned politely, as he kept his eyes on the alpha he had just befriended "how would yoh like to split the kill?" He would ask, as was only right.

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
06-08-2015, 07:50 AM
Really had the two wolves been anyone else it was likely that their hunt might not have even happened. Especially if both members ahd been too focused on their fair share of the carcass. Glacier could have easily kept it all for himself, Frith didn't have any size advantage. He wouldn't have risked the potential injury. As it was it seemed Glacier was very much content in sharing in the spoils and the glory. He'd correct the chocolate Author, making sure it was known they had both accomplished this kill. After he'd introduced himself the larger wolf didn't hesitate in responding, the answer was slightly surprising. "Are you Voltage's brother?" He'd ask in question, he'd met the yellow stained wolf not so very long ago. "I have a long way back home, if you could just spare a rear leg I would be content." It would be easy to travel with versus taking half the deer back all the way to Threar.
""

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
06-08-2015, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2015, 03:13 PM by Glacier.)

As Glacier knew a little of Frith's pack (abide not much, other then the name and face of Novella) it would seem Frith knew a little of him, realizing he was Voltage's brother. At the mention of his brother Glacier's face would light up and he grinned at Frith “Ah, so you know of my Litter Mate then, yes we rule Donostrea together” he explained easily, he was tempted to make a teasing joke at how unfortunate Frith was to have met his energetic brother, but he missed Voltage too much in his absence and his heart wasn't in the brotherly teasing.

In response to splitting the kill Firth admitted that he had far to go and didn't want much of the spoils. That in itself raised Glacier's opinion further. This man who was moments ago a stranger went out of his way to help him take down the deer without expecting much to any reward in return. It spoke well of the pack Frith helped to lead and Glacier wanted an alliance with these fair and even minded wolves. “If that is your wish” he said politely and ripped off a back leg with his teeth, ensuring to get as much meat as possible for Frith in the process. “It was a pleasure working by your side, my friend, we should do it again sometime”

"speech"  

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
06-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Briefly while Novella had been recovering from the birth of their children Frith had made his way to a couple of the packs that lingered in the lands. He had met up with Voltage then, and they'd made peace between the packs. It was good to know that the second of alphas was just as pleasant as his smaller brother. He would nod in confirmation as Glacier repeated, not that Frith knew him well.. but he could say the both of them seemed more than trustworthy. Glacier wouldn't hesitate to give him his way, easily tearing the leg from the carcass, Frith didn't miss how much extra flesh was hanging off the bones. Gratefully he would nod, it had been a good experience. "I'll take you up on that offer," he couldn't help but respond as he stepped towards the leg. "Safe travels to you, friend." Frith would smile, grab his spoils and with one last nod head back to Threar with more than he'd have ever expected for his trip.
""

Glacier

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
06-08-2015, 04:04 PM

Frith would agree to take him up on that offer, and the Titanic brute would grin in response. It had definitely been a pleasant way to spend an evening and had shaved off a decent amount of time Glacier would have spent in wait for his prey to move to a more desirable location for a loner hunt to take down their prey. Team work always worked better, and for near strangers the two had worked flawlessly together, and through that team work had created a friendship.

That would conclude their meeting as Frith gratefully collected his meaty leg, nodded at the Mountainous Alpha, and be on his way. Glacier would watch him for a moment, head tilted as he considered this new friendship, before letting a smile frame his muzzle as he bent down to grab the prey by the scruff of his teeth and begin the trip home, dragging the buck behind him.

-exit Glacier-

"speech"