Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
06-07-2015, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2015, 04:57 PM by Vereux.)

Vereux always made himself careful not to step near Fiori lands. He didn't entirely need to be there, but he was hoping to see more of his sons in this area. This time was more intentional than anything, just for a small visit. Until things went over with Amalia he couldn't hope to see them in a group. Vereux was also very eager to tell Amalia sorry, and many other things. Yet, a sigh would escape his lips, he didn't want to upset her ever again.

He let the cool water from the winter winds pull up on his paws. How many times would the seasons pass so quickly until he didn't see them anymore? He still had a long way to go in his life. When Vereux thought about it, he had felt like three years was forever, but his children were only a year old. How did they feel about their lives? He was happy they didn't have to grow up in a war like he had. Both he and Athena had grown up in a kingdom where a war was raging. Against the adravendi's no less. It made him sigh again.

?I speak?

Vitus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
06-08-2015, 12:43 PM

He didn't like the man that had been so audacious as to enter their pack meeting without so much as a proper greeting. He didn't like the man that had stood so closely to the Sovereign and he didn't like that no one had done anything about it. Rage boiled deep in his chest, and he knew it was best to get away from anyone and everyone he cared about. They wouldn't become casualties in the war of his mind and soul, he wouldn't let them. Carlisle soared high above him, clearly aware of the wolf's proximity to his mental breaking point. The bird was smart enough to stay quiet and out of the way - and though he hated to admit it, Vitus was glad for his company. At least he wasn't alone in his anger.

He reached the point when the land became split by the delta, and with purpose he would take to the water - determined not to stop until he was on the other side. Complete, utter separation from his family was the only way to save them from himself. Water clung to his coat as he exited on the other side, having chosen one of the narrowest channels to cross. We was weighed down and perhaps looking as frazzled as he felt when he noted the figure of someone he recognized but wished he didn't. He lowered himself slowly and deliberately, until he was in a comfortable laying position and hopefully concealed behind the sparse shrubbery that grew around the edges of the delta. Perhaps, for once in his life, luck would be on his side and the man who'd helped to create him wouldn't see his son. Perhaps.

"Speech"
[Image: xqcOLtI.png][Image: dKno3bh.png]
[Image: Z6bvUpf.png?1]

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
06-08-2015, 05:04 PM

The male had been quietly waiting for something to happen, though when it did he half debated going back home to the north. Jaw clamping shut, his attention turned his single eye to the sky, before his nose made him look for his son. Hiding from him, Vereux's eye placed a glossy look over it. Rather disappointed, but he understood all the same if the boy didn't want to see him. The father's presence had been brief now, after what he had told Bacchus he and Vereux were alright together. Vitus Vereux wasn't sure if he hated him, or just simply had no opinion about him. He could tell something was bothering him though, "Something wrong son?" he asked but stayed in place, seeing as Vitus was only just within earshot.

"You can tell me if you want, or not, it's up to you."Vereux shrugged his shoulders a little. He didn't want to pressure the boy into telling him his problems. Her tail flicking behind him as the scared male waited patiently. Things had mellowed out so much since he met Avalon it almost felt like he was trying too hard or not trying enough. Trying to find a place in this world was more difficult than Vereux would have imagined.

?I speak?

Vitus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
06-08-2015, 06:21 PM

It appeared that luck was not on his side this time. When was it ever? The semi-familiar voice came drifting toward him. His ears pricked out of instinct, but he found himself laying them down over his skull only a moment later. Slowly and deliberately he would rise to his full height. He wasn't about to lay there hiding like a child once he'd been found out. His father seemed to be trying, and even though he barely knew him there was a kinship there that couldn't be denied. Still, Vitus wasn't the 'tell me all about it kind', and so he would remain silent. He set his two tone gaze upon his father, eyeing the man who had given him life as he would eye a stranger. A feeling of uncertainty brewed in his belly, because he knew this man was trouble - or at least trouble followed him everywhere he went. But could he really blame his father if he was luckless like his son? He wasn't sure. A soft whine brewed in his lungs, and before he could catch it it would slip through slightly gapped teeth. He didn't know what to think. He had come here angry, nothing more. He knew what to do with his anger, knew how to get rid of it if he wanted to. Discomfort and uncertainty, that was a different monster. He wasn't as good at dealing with that. "Urgh," he voiced in frustration, a syllable that meant nothing and so much all at the same time. His brow furrowed as he continued to stare down his sire.

"Speech"

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
06-08-2015, 06:36 PM

Oh crap. He forgot that Vitus didn't speak much, it made Vereux look to the sky feeling a bit stupid. This was what he got for being stolen away in their young age when his appearance would have been the most important. The man laughed inside of his head, letting his neck scar be fully exposed until he ducked his head again and focused his eye on Vitus. The one word, was enough to explain the entirety of about how Vitus felt. Obviously he didn't want to speak to Vereux, they were strangers after all.

"Have you tried sparring with someone? Or.... scratching a tree?" Vereux asked, ultimately only trying to help the other. He was not their father at this point he was.... their uncle well he was but more so since his relationship with his sister had remained that way. "I know when I get frustrated or angry I just mope to myself. Obviously that doesn't work too well." he tried to put a bit of humor into it smiling and laughing a bit.

?I speak?

Vitus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
06-08-2015, 08:25 PM

He recognized this man as his father, but he didn't know him as his father. The two looked very similar, but the familial relationship ended there. Vereux simply hadn't been around for most of the yearling's life. It was a sad fact, and a true one. His father, or perhaps he was just a sperm donor now (Vitus really didn't know what the difference was) asked if he'd tried different outlets. "Rah-bits," offered the son. He'd taken to tearing rabbits to shreds - or anything else about rabbit-size. "Kill'm," he continued. It was all he had to offer, as his throat stung from the mere effort of communication. So, his father moped too? Well, perhaps Vitus wasn't so different after all. Perhaps all of this came with the genetics. He heard the man laugh, and for a moment he tensed - wondering why on earth his father would think this was funny. It was painful, emotionally and physically, for the son. And his father was joking about it. He found himself bristling, hackles rising up along his shoulder blades. His right upper lip lifted, wrinkling to reveal pearly white fangs. It wasn't funny. A growl boiled in his throat, vibrating against his scarred vocal chords and slipping through gapped teeth. He'd gotten his father's temper, that was for sure.

"Speech"

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
06-08-2015, 09:07 PM

Well that definitely was better than how Vereux had been as a child. His little ball of fury had ended in getting a harsh scolding from his father, a rather scary one at that. After he had called his aunt a bad name, the foul mouthed boy had been corrected into someone.... kinder he supposed. Though his laugh had set Vitus off, making Vereux bristle out of fear more than anything. He had stepped on the wrong thorn, stepping back a little he pulled his ears against his head placing it lower than his spine. "I'm sorry.... I laugh when I'm nervous.... or don't know what to do." her shook his head a little, trying to get a grip on what he was really supposed to do.

"Rabbits is a good way to channel it, occasional sparring and even training against tree's was also how I did it. Though, my father did snap at me once, so kill lots of those rabbits." Vereux was running through his thoughts, still in his rather slightly submissive posture. He knew he could not hurt Vitus, and if he himself was injured going back to Yfir with an explanation would be difficult. "I'm sorry Vitus.... I'm not good with handling wolves I suppose. I can hardly make it on my own in my new pack... I'm just happy your mother and I are slightly getting along again. As siblings." he would try to explain that a little. Still teetering on the edge.

?I speak?

Vitus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
06-08-2015, 09:19 PM

As his father lowered his head, Vitus lifted his own - asserting himself involuntarily. He wasn't usually the domineering type, but his temper demanded that Vereux know what he'd done. It seemed he did, as he immediately apologized and stuttered out an explanation. He was nervous? Then the man lapsed into talking about the benefits of killing rabbits, and Vitus nodded in agreement. His hackles slowly lowered whilst his lip ceased its' quivering. "Snap?" Vereux had said something about his father snapping at him, and Vitus was intrigued. He didn't know anything about his grandfather - but it sounded like he'd had a temper too. Vereux spoke more, rambling about not relating to wolves well and something about his mother... being his sister? Another little fact Vereux hadn't truly been aware of. The son would tilt his head and take an abrupt step forward, narrowing the gap between them and simultaneously attempting to get more information out of his sire.

"Speech"

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
06-08-2015, 09:27 PM

Had Athena never told the boys that Vereux and her were siblings? Did she feel it was better that way? A piece of him disappointed but it was not his decision. He would snap his jaw shut on that matter, if Vitus asked he would simply say to take it up with his mother and not to tell her he had said anything. Now Vereux wanted to go back home, he was not sure what to do with the boy. His head raised a little after things seemed to settle a little even if his muscles were still tense. "I used to run around yelling profanities at everything. When I called one of my aunts a bad name my father pinned me down and scared me into no longer using dirty language. I used to think I was supposed to be the center of attention." Vereux explained.

"I cannot tell you much though Vitus, as much as I think you should know, it is your mothers decision until you turn into an adult. Just know, tred lightly if you want to know about your grandfather, you might discover things you don't want to hear." It was a clear warning to the boy. Not quiet like the one he had given to Bacchus, but Vereux himself knew that he would want to know about Isardis so that he didn't make the same mistakes as the overlord king. The thought of his own father brought his own head back looking at his reflection in the water. Thank the heavens he looked nothing like either of his parents.

?I speak?

Vitus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
06-09-2015, 08:29 PM

Vereux explained the situation with his father (Vitus' grandfather) and the boy found himself intrigued. His family was incredibly interesting to him, and he wanted to know more. It seemed, from what he gathered of Vereux's brief tale, that his grandfather had been something of a tyrant. He would have to ask his mother about him. His father warned him, letting him know that he might learn more than he anticipated if he asked too many questions. Just how bad was his grandfather? Vitus' brow raised, inquiring further though he knew he wouldn't get any more information out of his dad this time. His tail swayed slowly behind him, evidence that he was more at ease now than before. He'd simply flown off the handle when he'd misinterpreted his father's laugh - nothing more. He'd already been a ticking time bomb when he arrived here, so it had only been a matter of time. Vitus was just glad he hadn't acted more severely, although the idea of laying into his father wasn't something he would immediately turn down. "Mo-hre," he'd prompt his father - hoping for more information, more visits, more of anything and everything. He didn't hate his father, he simply didn't know him.

"Speech"

Vereux

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Large
build
player
Arian
06-09-2015, 08:42 PM

As things began to settle down, he sat as well. Muscles relaxing noticeably around his shoulders as his green emerald watched the boy. More, he would urge Vereux. It ran through his head what he'd be able to tell him and what not to tell him. If he said the wrong thing and Vitus told his mother, his difficult work of trying to patch up their relationship would go into shambles. "I can't give you more.... I don't know what will make your mother upset and what won't." Vereux mused a little, his dark ears flicking slightly.

"I'll be around though, once Athena speaks with Amalia I may be able to visit." Vereux did explain that factor. Already he had explained that with Bacchus, he had more of a connection between two of his sons. They were so different, but that was understandable. As he let a sigh escape his lips, he really was a bit childish. That's what he got for growing up far too fast.

?I speak?

Vitus

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
06-10-2015, 11:58 AM

Theirs was a strained relationship, but it was better than nothing at all. He had come here to hide from the entirety of his family, and had found a splinter of it waiting for him. Anger still boiled deep inside, but it was far more calm than it previously had been. He was drying off now, looking more himself, and sitting several feet from his father who seemed unwilling to do anything to tick off his mom. It seemed Athena and Amalia had to talk before the boys could learn anything about what was going on. "Mmph," Vitus uttered, his throat burning from the simple exclamation. He was over a year old and yet no one seemed to trust him with knowledge more serious than his name and who his birth parents were. He knew he could handle more, but they apparently didn't. It seemed there wasn't going to be any more information coming his way in this meeting with his sire, so what was the point in staying? He wasn't the best at small talk - or any talk, for that matter. He rose, tentatively, eyes never leaving his father. This was his chance to leave his son with something more, and if he said nothing - the boy would just go back home and slaughter some rabbits. His tail swayed idly, more by the gentle pushing of the wind than his muscles making it move. His right ear twitched, swiveling back to point toward his rump, and then swiveling forward, and then back again - over and over as he waited a moment more.

"Speech"