Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
06-27-2015, 11:10 AM

THREETWOONEGO! Warja flew down the short hill that separated her from the lake. She ran as fast as her legs could carry her. Right before she hit the icy surface she planted all four paws beneath her under bent knee and, using her momentum, launched herself out over the ice. She glided several feet about before landing on the ice. Her momentum continued to aid her and Warja slid across the slick surface with ease. Thanks to the plankton beneath her, in her wake the young healer left a glowing trail.

A slight shift in her weight added a spin to Warja's slide, and the little fae found herself slowly revolving as she went. The distance between herself and the shore quickly grew and while it was highly unlikely that she'd make it to the center of the lake, Warja was willing to bet she'd get pretty far out before another kick off was needed.

One slow revolution allowed her the satisfaction of seeing her glowing trail. It was already fading at her starting point, but still vivid just behind her. The in between was a gradient of dark to light. The 'how' of it was a mystery to her and that was, perhaps, the reason it interested her so greatly. The unknown made it fascinating and the beauty of it only added to its intrigue. So why slide instead of simply walking and enjoying the glow at a leisurely pace? Because sliding was so much more fun!

Xephyris

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
06-27-2015, 10:36 PM
So he was a little farther from home than he'd meant to be... With a smirk he shrugged to himself, enjoying the freedom of traveling as he pleased. After all, he had settled down in Sonticus faster than he'd anticipated, and it weighed down on him somewhat. He needed a little adventure here and there to keep himself satisfied. Thus it was that he found himself at this peculiar frozen lake, his paws deep in the snow as he peered over the bank that led to the icy shore. He was about to make the trek down the lake to investigate when he spotted movement not far from where he stood. A lone figure skittered down the snowy ledge and directly onto the frigid water, legs splayed to maintain balance on the slippery surface. It was all amusing, but what caught his attention most was the ethereal glow beneath the ice. He'd never seen anything like it; what would cause such a phenomenon?

Unable to hold himself back, Xephyris plunged down the snowbanks to place his paws upon the magical surface. At once the ice lit up at his touch, and upon his face grew an expression full of wonder, something he hadn't experienced since his puphood. He couldn't help but to place one paw in front of the other, entranced by the natural glow. He was still aware of the other being on the ice, but this was such a distraction that he couldn't ignore. Each time he placed a paw, he felt a thrill of amusement as the ice glowed, and before he knew it, he had come within range of the other living creature - a female enjoying herself as she slid across the slippery, glowing ice.

Normally a stiff, snarly creature, Xephyris had found himself in a moment of peace. He'd found a form of entertainment that didn't require snide remarks and a sense of rivalry to enjoy himself. Ears tilted out to the side, he looked up at the female and chuckled in amusement. There must be some magic in this place, he thought to himself, but it didn't matter. "Hello there... couldn't help but to notice the fun you were having, so I thought I'd give it a try," he stated with a deep, rumbling laugh, "Uh... what is this place called?" He was genuinely curious, since he was new to the North and didn't have much information on it as of yet.

Warja

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
07-03-2015, 06:57 PM

Cackling madly, Warja continued to skid across the ice. She finally reached the point where a kick off was needed, but when she went to do it, her hind paws merely slipped out from under her and she found herself sliding around on her belly. After a moment she carefully stood back up and tried again, this time, instead of falling, she caught herself and managed to stay aloft.

"Hello there," came a deep voice, and Warja glanced around to pinpoint the source. "Hey!" she said exuberantly as she turned a gleeful grin on the stranger. "You won't regret, it is a lot of fun."

"Uh... what is this place called?" Warja shrugged playfully. "I wish I knew! It's a fantastic place, that's for sure." She would definitely be back. With Kismet in tow if at all possible. Seeing him skitter around the ice would make her day.

Xephyris

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Heavy
player
Ehrgeiz
07-09-2015, 09:51 PM
Xephyris narrowed his eyes and offered a grin in return as she stated that he wouldn't regret his time here. He believed it. After all, it wasn't very often that he got out and just did something fun for no reason. Mostly he didn't feel like he had the time to waste, but today was different. He pawed at the ice in front of him, watching with amusement as it glowed under each touch. He shrugged his shoulders when she said she didn't know what the place was called. Not that it mattered much, anyways. As long as he knew his way here, he would come again.

"I'm Xephyris," he would introduce himself to the stranger, "I'm from Sonticus... a little far from home, but I needed to get away for a bit..." He still wasn't used to pack life, so this fun break was in order. He just hoped no one noticed his absence for too long.

"I think I know how I can have even more fun..." he murmured to himself, but with the peace and quiet surrounding them on the frozen lake, she would certainly hear him. He glanced her over, realizing how petite she was. He wondered if he could send her spinning on the ice. It would be a good test of his balance on ice if he could just... he crouched suddenly, a mischievous look in his silver eyes. He tried to rush forward, but in an instant his paws slipped out from under him and he was sprawling on his belly, looking rather embarassed with himself.