Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-01-2015, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2015, 02:18 PM by Motif I.)

Motif would barely leave her den after the birthing of her single new born. She needed to be near Vail every second of every day to the point where she felt anxious if the young girl was out of her sight for more then a moment. Her paternity feelings where in overdrive and she did not know why, only that every part of her told her that Vail needed protecting from the world – even more so then her sweet Shaye. Motif didn't want for anything in her time spent in the cave, Shai hunted for her, Shaye and Rhythm kept her company and her life was perfect.

Having Rhythm there to spend time with her was a treasure she hadn't anticpiated and would have fought tooth and claw to keep. The two sisters where everything they had ever been and more. Vail had brought them close, had given them something to love and dot on and somehow that had seemed to be the key. Rhythm would be with her that day, with little Vail curled up in Rhythms front paws, and Motif leaning over to gently lick her daughters fur, occasionally looking up into the cool blue of her sisters eyes. “She hasn't opened her eyes yet, I swear Shaye had done so by now, or am I marking the days wrong?” she asked Rhythm, keeping her voice soft so not to disturb her sleeping beuty.

""  

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
07-01-2015, 04:16 PM
liquid time so Vail is about 16 days old

Rhythm was pretty sure Motif hadn't left the den since Vail had been born. While she personally hadn't been there the whole time with Mo, (the den got really crowded when Shai decided it was his turn with Vail). Rhy had spent much of her time in Abaven with her sister, this pregnancy had gone so much smoother than the first, and Rhythm wasn't stressing over missing out on time with her niece while she spent time with her father a continent away. In some ways it seemed much better that Shaye had been born first. Rhythm had a sinking feeling that Vail was more than a little behind on her development. She was slow to start moving around, and her eyes were still quite shut. Though she knew every pup was different she should have been showing them her big baby blues within the past two days. Rhythm hadn't said anything to Motif yet, but as she lingered with her sister the topic would eventually come up.

Rhythm would look down and watch the tiny creature in her paws, she'd notice the gentle rise and fall of the tiny girl's form as she breathed in and out. Though her ears were opening, the floppy little things still hadn't quite raised at all yet but she was still absolutely adorable. Motif's voice would be heard, echoing her earlier thoughts. "I think so too," She'd whisper back, "Maybe she's just a late bloomer." The last thing Rhythm wanted to do was worry the mother over her seemingly perfect daughter.
""  

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-01-2015, 04:30 PM

Motif knew her daughter was perfect, and never would she judge the girl if she was indeed a late bloomer. Her question to Rhythm was only out of concern, she needed her daughter to be healthy and well and if there was any way she would help her child she would. Hell, Motif would go to the end of the earth for her sweet little Vail. Having paused in her cleaning she would look down at the perfect angel curled up in Rhythm's grasp. This was what her first pregnancy and Shaye's development should have been like. Motif could recognize the makes she made and thank heaven that Shaye hadn't suffered for them.

Perfect was a functioning relationship between Shai and Motif, it was her supportive sister beside her, with Vail in her arms. None of these where things Motif had really given Shaye, what with the odd circumstance of the pregnancy and dragging Shaye away from her family, away from Rhythm. Vail would not know of that, only the perfection of this beautiful family, and a big sister to look out for her.

Rhythm would answer Motif, but there would be little concern about it, only that likely Vail was a late bloomer. No doubt, for their lateness, Vail's eyes would be more vivid and beautiful then any other in Alacritis. Motif couldn't help but grin at that image as she leaned forward and gently licked at the closed eye lids of her daughter. “My little Vail” she whispered.

""  

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
07-01-2015, 04:45 PM

Rhythm was very much content with life as it was, though there were parts of her life in Imperium that she could change slightly. However when she was in Abaven it seemed so much more that life really could be perfect. Vail brought hope to a family that had been broken. It seemed like she would help to restore the balance that had been so disrupted. Rhythm would watch as Motif leaned down to kiss her daughter's eyes, the motion would be enough to disturb the little child.

Pristine white paws would stretch out in front of the little girl as she yawned widely. As she settled back down with a lick of her lips her eyes would slide open. Rhythm was startled, not enough to say or do anything but her jaws dropped and she stared at Vail's features. Pale icy almost clear irises were the child's gems. Her pupils were clouded with an unmistakable red tinge. If the tiny child wasn't blind Rhythm would have eaten her own foot.
""  

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-01-2015, 05:16 PM

Motif's heart absolutely melted as her gentle actions disrupted her child. Vail's tiny little paws would stretch out, her miniature little body would twitch with the moment and Motif was almost crying at the pure sweet, innocent, adorableness of her child. Her little mouth would gape open in a yawn to display perfect pink gums and little teeth. Then, at last, as through she had heard her two mothers speak the little girls eyes would flutter open. At first, Motif was caught up in the moment, of being there as her little daughter took in the sight of the world for the first time.

A heart beat later, Motif would pause, tilt her head in confusion and look up at Rhythm. Motif also caught on that something wasn't right with the girls eyes, but it was the shocked lock on her sisters face that confirmed to Motif that her baby girl was blind. She was astonished, there was no one in her family blind, no one to pass this gene on to little Vail. She caught herself before she could cry. What was done was done, and if indeed Vail was blind then Motif would do everything in her power to let Vail experience the world as normally or as best as she wanted. Gently, slowly, Motif brought a paw up before Vail's face and gently, slowly, moved it left and right. Indeed, there was no indication that Vail was following the movements of the paw. Motif looked up at Rhythm then, a silent plea in Motif's eyes. “I don't know how to help her” Motif whispered, she had never dealt with a blind wolf before in all her life, how did she teach Vail to see the world with touch taste and sound?

""  

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
07-01-2015, 05:57 PM

Rhythm's ears fell to her skull as she saw Motif take in her shocked expression. She'd quickly reclaim her jaw and try to issue an assuring glance at her sister, but the other woman was already focused on Vail again. The little girl seemed content, and Rhythm couldn't deny that her very different eyes were more than gorgeous. Were they functional though? Even slightly? Motif would take the chance to try and answer teh question, waving her paw softly in front of the tiny infant's eyes. Her sister would panic, and think the worst immediately. “I don't know how to help her” Motif was absolutely pleading with her, she seemed helpless as he was faced with her daughter's handicap. "Her eyes aren't quite fully developed yet. Maybe by the time she can leave the den she'll have some semblance of sight." She'd try and be hopeful for Motif, and she meant her words. They might still see some change in the next couple of weeks.
""  

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-01-2015, 06:06 PM

Rhythm would quickly attempt to calm her sister, pointing out that they could still be developing and her daughter may yet gain some sight. Motif took in a shaky breath and calmed herself. She would not treat this like a problem, she would never in her life give Vail reason to think her blindness was a disability – if blind she stayed. “Alright, maybe i'll.. send Shai or Shaye out to do some research on blind wolves so we can be prepared, but we'll also hope for the best” Motif whispered.

She would stay strong, and she would see this through. Vail was still her perfect, wonderful daughter and perhaps Motif could understand now why she felt so ferociously protective of her little girl. No wonder she wouldn't let her out of her sight, why she felt this burning need to shield her from the world

""  

Rhythm

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
07-01-2015, 06:17 PM

Motif would relax minimally, she knew that neither wolf would really relax until they found out how much Vail could really see. She knew though the girl would most certainly rely more heavily on her other senses, soon her hearing would be more powerful as well as touch and scent. Vail would be alright, "It's gonna be okay Mo, she'll never have to worry about anything because we'll all be here to help her." They'd need to tell Shaye and Shai of her potential disability as well, how would those two take it? "Keeping them busy like that will help." Now how would Motif cope, "Are you going to be okay staying in here for that long?" Maybe getting her mind of Vail every once in a while would be refreshing for Motif as well.
""  

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-01-2015, 06:37 PM

Rhythm would be nothing but supportive, and point out that all of them, even Rhythm, would be here to help her. Motif did mange to smile then, and kiss Rhythm on the cheek. “Your an angel” Motif told her sister, knowing there was so much in life she couldn't imagine surviving if Rhythm hadn't been there at her side. Her sister would also point out that sending Shaye and Shai out there would keep them busy and give them something to do, they didn't have to feel helpless and worried about Vail, restless at home.

Rhythm would also suggest Motif take a break, but the mother snuggled Vail a little tighter, through still very gently, and as much as she could with the little girl resting in Rhythm's arms. “I'm not leaving her side” Motif whispered, but she did also need to call Shaye and Shai. With a sigh, she released her daughter, kissed the top of her head, Rhythm's cheek again, and moved to the dens entrance through she didn't actually leave, as she raised her head and called out.

""  

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
07-01-2015, 06:40 PM

Shaye was getting into trouble at the stream when the call sounded out. She was jumping from bank to bank, totally unaware that once upon a time a younger Motif had tred similar paths. She raised her head as the howl summoned her, and with a sigh, shaking out the water from her coat she would make her way back to her mothers den, catching the scent of her family as she neared. She could tell Rhythm was in there with Motif, and she was quickly becoming familiar with the scent of Vail – she couldn't wait until the little girl was old enough to step outside and play with her!

She found Motif lingering near the cave's entrance and stopped, sitting down on her hunches and tilting her head. “Whats up mumma?” she wondered.

"speech"  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
07-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Shai was doing his best to hunt for the voracious Motif, she was eating for two after all. Now though it seemed like she was eating even more. Seeing how quickly Vail was growing he really wasn't surprised by this. The result was he spent much less time with the tiny girl than he wished. Still, he was very much focused on his task, he had to provide despite the scarcity of prey. He'd drop the slightly stale trail he'd been on in favor of the sweet voice that sought him out. Maybe someone else had brought a meal? Though there was still something in her voice that made him feel concerned.

Quickly the tall wolf made his way to Motif's side, curiosity evident on his features as his decorated form stopped at the den entrance. Shaye would question Motif, while he was sure he saw Rhythm with Vail in the den. Wait, were her eyes open? He'd tilt his head curiously at Motif, obviously in need of an explanation.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-01-2015, 07:04 PM

In moments, Shaye and Shai where both before her, her not so little girl asking what it was, and she could see bright curiosity in Shai's eyes. She took a breath, not really certain how she was going to do this, and instead of thinking she just opened her mouth and spoke. “Vail opened her eyes, but they are clouded. We aren't certain how much its going to effect her at this stage” she said softly, her eyes seeking out Shai's – both for support and to support.

“I was thinking we should look into getting some advice, but I don't know who to turn to, who do we know who's ever experienced this problem?” she trailed off, uncertain how to proceed. Was she really going to send them both off into the world on a wild goose chase? How was it going to work? But surely if it at least kept them busy it was half a win? Or maybe they would prefer to be here with their little Vail.
""  

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
07-01-2015, 07:16 PM
His bone pierced ears would fall back as she told them swiftly, being quite blunt about what she was calling them for. Motif did not come right out and say that she was blind, right now it seemed like it might be too early to tell for sure. Still, it also didn't sound like there was an incredible amount of hope either. He wouldn't let his bright yellow eyes leave Motif's, Shai's ears would perk as she offered the potential of searching out one that might help them. Shai shook his head, he didn't know anyone but those who lived in Abaven. "I know no one." He'd say in his deeply accented voice. "I don't think I should leave you for long either," He'd look to their yearling daughter. Did they really want her out in the world searching for who knows what in who knows where. Ears would fall back to his head. He worried for her too much, but he couldn't help it. Despite how old she was he still wished to shield her more closely.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
07-01-2015, 08:15 PM

Shaye tilted her head, uncertain what her mother was trying to tell them. Her eyes looked back into the den, trying to see Rhythm – her Aunt was always straight with her, she didn't say things confusingly, but out right and treated Shaye like an adult. She had always done that, right from the start. However there where too many shadows in the den and her eyes wouldn't find the form of her Aunty, instead she sighed, and looked up at her father. He looked worried too, and sounded it when he spoke. “What are you saying exactly, she's blind? Do we need to find someone else blind so they can teach her? Is that what your saying?” she said after a moment of working it through her mind.

She frowned then, brow thickly furrowed and lips turned downwards. “I'll do it, anything she needs, that's what I promised. I'll find us a blind teacher” she promised her parents.

"speech"  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.