gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
07-07-2015, 10:07 PM

She never really felt like she'd recovered from the trip, she was still tired and even thought she might have been getting sick as she lay down to sleep the night before. There hadn't been anything really serious enough to tell to Voltage or one of the healers that lingered in Donostrea. She was regretting that decision right before dawn. Feeling the nausea rise up in her stomach Gaia would struggle to her feet, the action being incredibly difficult as she was held tightly by her.. fiance. Normally she couldn't get close enough to him, but now she couldn't get away from him fast enough. Literally. Whining in defeat bile would rise from her stomach and the content of it would follow after. Right inside the entrance of their den, of course. She'd whimper softly at the effort used to expel her dinner, and she'd find herself crying at the mess she'd made in their den. Surely she'd woken Voltage up with her struggle, and now.. why hadn't she gone to a healer last night?
""

Art by Evelyn
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-07-2015, 10:29 PM
Voltage was sleeping peacefully after a late night of watching after Serefina to make sure she was healing correctly. It was nice to be able to curl up around his fiance, his little cloud, and perhaps in his sleep he did tend to cling just a little too...tightly. It didn't mean he had meant to, but he wasn't really able to sleep much anymore without knowing she was at his side. So when she began to squirm away he was quick to wake up, albeit groggily, so he obviously didn't miss it as she wretched and got sick. Blinking the sleep away from his eyes he quickly stood up and stepped towards her. He couldn't smell disease on her, so he wasn't completely worried, but Voltage was rather..well, worry-wart-y when it came to his love and his family. And getting sick wasn't...really a good sign, was it? "Gaia?" He asked softly, running his muzzle down her spine in concern. It couldn't have been something she ate...he tended to share his meals with her and he felt fine. Was it because of the trip? Did she maybe carry the worry so much that she got sick? Suddenly guilt washed over him, and he gently placed kisses behind her ear, searching for any more signs of comfort. "Are you sick, love? Do you want me to call the healers? Hows your stomach?" His words were quick and filled with concern. He did not want her uncomfortable, and if he could do anything for her he would.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
07-07-2015, 10:38 PM

Voltage was at her side before she could even sit back down, she'd feel his gentle touch on her back as she caught her breath and stood over where she'd gotten sick. He'd whisper her name, the concern obvious in his voice and his sweet touch. She wouldn't help but whine helplessly, in response. A sigh would fall from her lips as he questioned her. She was hot and tired and she wanted to puke again. "I need to get out." Despite the cold that still lingered on the world she felt hot, much too hot. Trying not to step in her own vomit (and failing ewe) the girl would rush from the entrance of the den and onto the coolness of the beach. The feeling of the cool air over her fur helped to soothe her, but her stomach was still doing flip flops. What in the world was wrong with her? Hopefully Voltage took her odd behavior as a clue to call for a healer. She'd flop onto her side on the beach, not having the energy to go any further, as she found herself unable to contain a sudden flood of tears.
""

Art by Evelyn

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-07-2015, 11:03 PM
Worry laced quickly through Voltage the moment he heard her whine, and he was at a loss for what was wrong. He'd whine in return, pressing his muzzle into her fur before she said she had to get out, moving quickly from the den. He'd leap after her, promising himself that he'd be back to clean the mess before she'd have to deal with it again. He quickly followed her, clenching his jaw slightly as she moved along the black sand, laying on her side when she had enough. Shaking his head he'd quickly glance up and down the beach before raising a call into the air when he didn't see Orchid anywhere nearby. He needed her help with this, mainly because he didn't have a clue what was wrong with Gaia and he didn't want it to be out of either Terrae or Lior's scope, and waste time. As soon as he called he'd walk up to Gaia, laying down and gathering her gently in his arms. He'd try and hold her in such a way that it wouldn't jostle her or warm her up anymore. He'd press soothing kisses along her crown, sighing softly into her fur.  "I wish I knew what was wrong." He said with a whimper, kissing behind her ear when he did. He hoped this was something that would pass quickly, or something that Orchid could fix quickly...he couldn't handle this worry that settled like a rock in his belly.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
07-07-2015, 11:17 PM

She'd take in a few deep breaths but it didn't even feel like anything was helping. In addition to her nausea her head would spin, she felt completely miserable. Whatever she'd come down with she hoped it left quick, she didn't want to live like this for that long. She'd barely pay attention to the call that was made for Orchid, but she did feel as Voltage wrapped himself around her. She'd whimper again helplessly, she didn't do well with sick. Gaia would breath in, trying to keep her focus centered on Volt's loving kisses. "Me too," she'd agree as she nuzzled into him weakly. She'd even her breathing, putting her attention towards drawing the air in and out of her lungs. The sea air had helped tremendously, but maybe it was just getting some fresh air. She could feel it seeping away, but it was taking its sweet time.
""

Art by Evelyn

Orchid I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-08-2015, 01:56 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015, 03:41 AM by Orchid I.)
Orchid would find more excitement in Dono then she had for some time, first with Serefina's injuries and now with Voltage calling her. She was searching for ginseng root, having dug deep into her supply for Sere and her low immune system after blood loss and infection. She was unsuccessful so far and would have to widen her search. Luckily for Voltage she had started close to home. She sighed and picked herself up from the undergrowth she had been digging around, wiping mud from her paws and checking her herb bag was still intact before she started off.

She would arrive in no time to Voltage and Gaia's spot on the beach, and would see them huddled together. She cleared her throat to announce herself before approching, catching the fading scent of vomit as she did so, and would look at Voltage questioningly, before eyeing Gaia. It would take her only a moment to see that Gaia was pale, her pupils dilated, add that with the scent of sickness... “Are you unwell?” Orchid asked gently, moving closer “Whats the symptoms?”

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-08-2015, 04:02 AM
Voltage held her close, feeling an odd sort of calm panic. He managed to keep his heart race down, managed not to shake incase she felt it. He didn't want her to worry more than he knew she already was, but he couldn't help the worry twist through his brain. Something was wrong. She had been fit as a fiddle the days leading up to this, he could...well, atone for that. For it to be so sudden, there had to be something. Perhaps she caught something on the trip and it was only just now showing up? And then he began to worry that maybe she had been hiding it, with all the drama he was going through. But she said that she wished she knew what was wrong, as well, so he tried to calm down, tried to will away the anxiety but he really couldn't. Instead he'd just nuzzle her, whining soft in his throat as he did, hoping...wishing that he knew what was wrong. It was his blessing when Orchid walked up to them, clearing her throat before she did. He'd give her a small, half smile before frowning again and holding Gaia closer, feeling oddly protective. He knew Orchid was talented, he knew she wouldn't harm his love, but he just felt...like he had to protect her. So with a sigh he'd carefully pull away just enough to allow Orchid some access to his sick love. "She woke up and got sick...and she feels really warm.." He said softly, feeling the warmth roll off of her. "And weakness.." He murmured softly, not quite knowing all the symptoms, but he had seen these. It worried him a lot. "You saw her, Orchid, on the trip, she was fine. What...what's happening?" He said, the worry obviously heavy in his throat as he looked up at her with concern.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Orchid I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-08-2015, 04:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015, 04:09 AM by Orchid I.)
Voltage would answer for Gaia, explaining how she vomit when she woke and had a dizziness and heat. Orchid nodded, taking all that in and not lifting her eyes from the girl. Voltage would also point out the suddenness of the sickness and she could hear his worry thick in his tones. “Alright, i'll take a look” she agreed, she moved closer then “May I?” she asked Gaia softly, yes... somewhere along the line the brisk girl had learned some manners, and no longer simply man handled a patient.

There where so many times now in Orchid's life where she had stumbled on this very same situation... Othello and Scorpion, Sol and Isolde, among others. She felt a pang at the thought of her brothers but pushed it away, instead acting on her hunch as she examined Gaia. She felt the girls forehead to feel the heat for herself “hmm” she mused, it was too early to get a positive identification but experience told her she was most likely right. “Have you two been.. physical?” she asked delicately, directing the question at Voltage.

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
07-08-2015, 11:10 AM

He'd hold her, kiss her, nuzzle into her fur as she just tried to breathe. She knew that she was worrying him, much like she felt herself, but she couldn't even begin to reassure him unless she wanted to barf again. She felt horrible, but it wasn't an 'I'm about to die' horrible, more like i've got the stomach bug horrible. Which was pretty bad she would admit. Before she knew it though another presence was there, Orchid's words were gentle but focused. Voltage would thankfully answer for her as she flicked her ears towards the Destruction woman. Voltage always revealed his emotions in his voice, she didn't have to see his face to know what he was feeling. He was very much worried for her, and she wondered then if she should have been more concerned about herself. Nothing like that had ever happened to her before, she'd been the only child of Virgil to escape the plague. Why now?

Orchid agreed to look her over, she;d manage was weak nod as Orchid asked permission first. There wasn't too much poking and prodding, though the examination of her abdomen had been more than uncomfortable. Orchid would muse only a few moments longer before asking a more than unexpected answer. What did doing that have to do with.. Oh gods. Sightless eyes would widen at the thought, her form would stiffen but she wouldn't react anymore until Orchid was the one to say it. Voltage had to tell her, because Gaia still could not speak.

Art by Evelyn

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-08-2015, 02:21 PM
Voltage felt his arms tighten just slightly around Gaia as Orchid approached but he forced himself to calm down with an easy breath. His jaw would clench a moment before leaning forward to press a gentle kiss behind Gaia's ear, nuzzling into her fur to try and calm himself down. It didn't take long for Orchid to examine her, and he wouldn't really expect it to take too long. Orchid seemed to have the experiance necessary to use as little time as possible. So he'd smile as she pulled away, though the expression didn't reach stormy eyes. He was concerned, worried, but he worked hard to try and keep himself calm. Perhaps it was the fact that he was getting older, wiser, but he knew that Gaia did not need to get worked up and worrying would only cause that.

He listened, waiting for the diagnosis. Something small, he hoped...a stomach bug! Something. So when she asked that question he, like Gaia, froze. Stormy eyes would look up at Orchid as he processed it before clearing his throat and looking away. "We...have.." He said slowly, embarrasment heating his skin. Not that it was any of her concern... It was odd, with Gaia it was a sensitive topic. He loved her dearly, and thats what it had been. It wasn't sharing a bed, it wasn't something that would give him the nickname "heartbreaker". It wasn't something he wanted to share with his family...and certainly not something he wanted to be asked out here. His mind was so wrapped up in the oddity of his reaction that he didn't quite...make the dots.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Orchid I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-08-2015, 03:31 PM
Gaia still wouldn't answer, which was why she started to direct her questions at the Alpha. It would be no surprise when he was the one to answer, confirming her thoughts. She nodded her head, almost absently. She could tell from Gaia'a nipples and of course the reaction of both of them that this would be a case of a first litter. “I see, well I can prescribes some herbs that will make this easier and give your pups the best chance at health. Your at the early stages, and the morning sickness will pass” she said gently to Gaia “I also recommend taking it easy and eating more then your accustomed to. Also, your body will require lots of water” goodness me, this was another situation ginseng root was good for... no, actually Elderberry was the gentler and safer option for a pregnancy so it didn't matter to much that she still hadn't found any.

“I'll create a mixture for you to take daily that will just give your immune system and pregnancy a healthy boost” she finished, looking to Voltage to see if the Alpha required anything more from the healer.

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
07-08-2015, 05:25 PM
Voltage would answer, but Gaia was pretty sure of what Orhid would say next, she wasn't very direct about it at first but as soon as she said pups a shiver would run down her spine. Yes, that was it. Gaia was pregnant. She almost didn't hear what the woman had to say next, her hearing would fuzz but she did catch that the morning sickness wouldn't last forever. So she had to be like this for longer than today? She'd already been taking it rather easy with recovering from the journey, she'd been hoping to get out and exercise a bit more at least. Voltage kept her pretty well fed, she had no doubt he would continue to do so. Lots of water and a daily paste. How was Orchid so calm thought? Already she felt herself panicking. "Voltage?" There were so many emotions in her voice, she needed him to be her rock and foundation. She needed to know what he thought because she could't see it in his face.
""

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-08-2015, 05:58 PM
It didn't take long for Orchid to answer, and when she did it took even longer for it all to click. He just looked at her, brows furrowed and stormy eyes intent on Orchid's face. He was expecting an answer, instead she just listed things that sounded like a blur for a moment. He just watched, before the first cog shuttered, clicking into place. "Wait.." He said slowly, his eyes narrowing slightly before they widened drastically. "Pups?" He asked softly, his voice shuddering as it finally began settle in, and instantly he felt numb. For a moment he felt nothing, the world around him blurred as he stared at Orchid untill he heard his name being called. His lips would move soundlessly before he blinked a few times and quickly looked down at her. He stared down, waiting for something he didn't know what, his eyes tracing her ears, her eyes, her face before he began to smile. But before he would allow the excitement to take him he'd freeze. This was never something he discussed with Gaia, he had no idea where she was with this. He had only just proposed to her! Of course, they had always seemed to be rather...spontaneous, maybe a little fast, but this. "G-gaia.." He whispered, his voice shuddering as he tried to keep himself together. "What are you thinking about? How...how are you feeling?" He said softly, his breath a rush beside her ear as he waited for her response. He wanted to dance, he wanted to celebrate. Pups! Children! A family of his own with the woman he loved...but he couldn't celebrate if he wasn't positive she wanted it too. He missed Orchid's look for the time being, but after a second he quickly looked up at her, mouthing a silent thank you and dipping his head. She was free to go if she wished, he'd stop by later to ask her exactly what he needed to know. If he could help her through all the bumps himself, he would much rather that.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Orchid I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Her question into their love life should have given away what she was getting at, and she could see from Gaia's face that the girl understood what was happening to her, but Voltage... typical of the male gender, he was slow to wrap his head around the prospect of a pregnancy. He seemed to need to back track for a moment and Orchid fell silent, hiding her smile from the Alpha.

Voltage would turn all his attention onto Gaia, aside from giving Orchid a meaningful look and she dipped her head in understanding. “I'll come by later with some herbs” he healer promised, before stealthy turning and slipping away form the couple and their private moment.

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
07-08-2015, 06:22 PM
He was silent for a long moment, in that time her ears would fall to her skull and worry would cross her face. What did he think? Had this what he'd wanted, of course they hadn't even spoken about a family yet. Was she ready for that? She'd whine softly as he whispered to her, her name stuttered as he caught his breath. What was she thinking, how did she feel? "I still feel terrible, and.." She'd whimper again, "I'm scared Volt." She'd whisper back to him with her features buried in his chest. She'd never given thought about having children of her own, she'd only just gotten used to the idea of spending the rest of her days with Voltage. Now, right after he'd proposed to her, they were going to have children. Wasn't that only supposed to be when she was in heat though? It felt like the nausea was returning, pregnant? babies? She'd whine again, missing her mother and Natalya more than ever in that moment. She'd never really gotten any lessons about this part of life, she had no idea what to expect and that fear of the unknown was just made worse with how she felt at that moment. If this was how miserable she could be at the beginning what could she expect at the end, when would it end? How long until she wasn't pregnant anymore? She'd start to lose her cool, there were too many questions running through her mind. She'd become dizzy again too, pushing herself away from Voltage the girl would move to gag. Nothing would come from her stomach though. Collapsing back onto the sand in a helpless heap she'd cry, she was absolutely terrified.
""

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-08-2015, 06:40 PM
It was both nothing and everything he expected. Everything was always happening so suddenly, and he was pretty sure Gaia didn't much like that. It was so sudden that her family seemed to drop away, sudden that Solo left her life and sudden that Voltage had entered...and now, they would have a family of their own only hours after he proposed to her. He would sigh softly, sadness leaking from him as he pushed away his own happiness to feel her fear. "I know, Gaia.." He whispered softly as she pushed into him. She was silent for a few moments before she suddenly pulled away from him. Ears would slip to press against his ears as he moved to stand again, stepping towards her. Without a word he'd gather her in his arms again, pulling her close and holding her tight. A soft tone would gently lift from him, deep within where love and devotion laid. His mother's lullaby lifted into the air as he held her close, nuzzling into her neck and peppering kisses and affection behind her ears and on her head. "I love you" He whispered so softly, rocking her against him so gently as he hummed his song, trying to calm her fears. "With every ounce of my heart, I love you. I know you're scared...I am too." He whispered so softly. His brows would furrow slightly as he looked down at her, listening to her cries. "I know absolutely nothing about this...I mean, I know how to handle them when they're...well, but I know nothing about pregnancy." He said softly, his voice quivering slightly. Their mother never let him and Glacier near her when she was pregnant with his siblings, and by the time he was old enough to maybe understand he was driven from his home. He'd hum softly again, letting the tone be the only sound to come from him before he sighed, pressing his muzzle into her fur and smiling gently. "But, Gaia, you are not alone. I will learn everything I can, the healers are going to hate me when we're done. You are not alone, and we wont be in the dark for too long. You have me, and we have my family. We aren't alone in this, no one will let us be...I swear to you." He said with happiness on his voice now. His siblings would all be more like parents than anything else, he knew that. They were not alone, they had 10 very able and avaliable babysitters at their beck and call. "I know this is fast, Gaia, and I know you are scared, but I will never leave you. You are not in this alone...just lean on me." He whispered softly, holding her even closer and rocking her against him as he rested his chin on her so gently, trying to envelope her in his warmth, in his love and affection.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
07-08-2015, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2015, 07:04 PM by Gaia.)
He'd surround her again, his loving and protective embrace he'd hold her close and offer all of his gentle affections. Gaia's mind would do well to focus on him, and she'd try to still her million questions that hadn't wanted to be uttered from her lips. He'd offer her a simple lullaby and remind her most importantly: "I love you." She'd sigh heavily into his fur, pushing her features into his chest as he kissed her and held her tight. She'd cry softly into his fur as he told her again how much he loved her, he didn't know anything either. That wasn't so comforting, but it made her feel a bit better that she wasn't going to be the only one learning as they went. She'd sniffle softly as he again comforted her with an old melody.

He would strengthen her, he'd remind her that this wasn't just her. The whole rest of the pack was going to be there with her, to help her along until they arrived. Her lungs would fill with a few deep breaths as she tried to still her tears and calm her breathing. "I know this is fast, Gaia, and I know you are scared..." She'd whimper again softly, though her tears had dried and she felt slightly more confident in facing the challenge ahead of her. Ahead of them. He wasn't going to leave her. Voltage was going to be there the whole way, and they'd make it through. She'd push into him further, shivering slightly. "Do you think I can really do this? I didn't even know if i wanted to be a parent." She'd ask softly, doubting herself in this moment more than she ever had. Sure she wolves had been giving birth for thousands of years, but could she do it? The confession that followed at well was something she'd thought of relatively little. Voltage had a couple more years to think about these things than she did, and now there was no more thinking. It was happening, and oh so fast.
""