Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-10-2015, 01:00 AM

Vail's sightless eyes would open, blinking as she realized realized how bright the den was at that moment. Oh no! She'd slept through breakfast for sure, when the light flashed into the den she knew it was getting closer to midday. Vail would take in a deep breath, she wondered if her mother had meant to let her sleep or if she had just wanted to nap herself. Vail didn't really mind after all, she always loved to snuggle with her mother. So that's what she would do, no matter if Motif was awake or asleep herself Vail would push closer to the cholate woman who had birthed her. The tiny girl would bury her face into the soft silver flecked fur and she'd give a rumbly purr like growl.

The perfect picture of contentment Vail could hardly be moved, at that moment it was unlikely that even Shaye's promise of play could lure her away from their mother. Vail adored the woman who she'd spent nearly every moment of her life thus far with. While she loved her daddy and looked up to Shaye it was more than obvious that Vail was a mommy's girl. She always went to Motif when she was tired and she always went to Motif when she was hungry or just needed company. She loved to snuggle and play with the other members of her family that visited her, but Motif was her world. Little did she know that today her world would be getting a whole lot bigger.
""

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-10-2015, 03:18 PM

On Vail's big day, Motif would allow her to take everything at her pace and when Vail slept in it was like a little miracle to Motif. So soon, she would be out in the big world, they would see for the first time if her eyes had any sight. She would experience cold grass, the sun on her face, the freedom of running. All of these where wonderful things, but they where also signs of Vail growing up and needing less and less of her mother. Just for a little bit longer, she wanted to hold Vail close, and know that she was okay and in her arms.

Vail had no protests that day, perhaps she also sensed what a big day it would be, as she slept in curled up with her mother. Motif was awake, unable to miss a single moment of today, from the gentle twitches of a sleeping girls nose to her first moments outside – every second would be etched perfectly into Motif's memory.

At last, Motif knew the day was slipping away from them and likely Rhythm, Shai and Vail's older sister would be getting impatient as they waited for her first moment outside. With a long, reluctant sigh she slowly stretched, careful not to knock into her daughter. “Little one, time to get up, i've got a surprise for you” she whispered gently into her daughter air, before rising herself “Follow me” it was also a whisper as the mother made slow deliberate steps to the big outside world.
""  

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-10-2015, 03:55 PM

Vail was waking ever so slowly, she might have been content spending the whole day just laying in her mother's arms, but it seemed like there would be more than just napping today. There was a change in the air, a subtle excitement in the earth. A tension building in her mother's form that would eventually start to escape as she woke the child the rest of the way. Vail's tiny muzzle would open wide as she yawned away much of her sleep. Her pretty pink lips would show off her white puppy teeth as she blinked and heard her mother push herself from the ground. She had a surprise for her? Vail's tail wagged like mad, why hadn't she woken her up sooner? Before she could even utter the command Vail was up and following behind her mother. While her steps were still not confident and her stride was less than graceful she didn't lack the adorable factor. "Whah is?" She'd ask as she followed, not even realizing where they were heading.
""

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-10-2015, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2015, 04:01 PM by Motif I.)

Vail would offer a wide yawn, displaying pink gums, and in some ways perhaps it was a good thing Vail was blind. She wouldn't see the little aww that formed on Motif's face at the sight of it. Perhaps her blindness would buy Motif a little more time before she realized how utterly and totally Motif was in love with the girl. How easy it would be for Vail to twist her mother about her pinky and gain anything in the world she wanted.

At the promise of a surprise, Vail would awaken further, with little beats of a tiny tail she would start to follow Motif, who walked slowly to the outside world. “Today, little one, your going outside she whispered, right at the moment they reached the den entrance and Vail would likely feel the sun on her white features, smell the morning air. Motif looked at the way the sun shone on her pink nose and frowned, she might have to ask Rhythm for a paste for her nose to keep the sun from burning it.
""  

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-10-2015, 04:14 PM

Of course Vail had no idea at how adorable she really was, but that didn't stop her from being so. She knew that she loved her mommy a whole lot and that Motif loved her back just as much. Though it was unlikely she'd ever fully realize the full extent of her mother's love for her. She didn't have to wait long for an explanation either, Motif was quick to answer her child's question. Outside. Vail would squeak excitedly as she hurried at her mother's heels already she could smell the freshness of the air and the sun would caress her features. She'd find herself staring at the bright light, while it was slightly darker in her vision it still hurt to look directly at the sun. She could see different silhouette's and some bright highlights that the sun allowed her. Even with her more than poor vision she could tell that the world was huge. "Mom'ma can look!" She'd squeal, delighted at how much she could see.
""

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-10-2015, 04:25 PM

Vail would instantly gain excitement, hurrying until she was properly outside. Motif could see the overwhelming amount of information the girl was receiving, likely scents on the wind, the feel of the sun and apparently even a touch of sight. Looking closely, she could see the girls iris reacting, shrinking to the bright sunlight proving the theory that she could indeed catch some details in the brighter sunlight. “That's amazing! What can you see my little one?” she asked gently, falling to a crouch before Vail as she tried not to block too much of the world, just wanting to be there for her in the wonderful moment. “Can you see the clouds? The little white puffs in the sky?” she asked very softly before holding her breath. How much of the wonderful world of sight would her daughter be able to take in? Never would she let Vail think it a disability, but it did hurt Motif to know how much her daughter was missing out on.
""  

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-10-2015, 04:35 PM

She could see the grasses of the plains, see could see where the horizon met the sky, as her mother spoke she realized she could kind of see the clouds? There was little variation in the monotony of the sky. There wasn't a whole lot of detail she could make out, but as she turned to her mother she could see the lighted part of her face. She'd grin ear to ear as she was able to look at her mother's face for the first time. She was just as beautiful as she had imagined. "Mom'ma so pretty," She'd giggle as she leaned forward to hug the chocolatey woman. It was amazing out here, the sun was brilliant, and the breeze and sunlight! Oh what had she been missing. She couldn't be occupied with Motif's face for long, she had to go, there was so much out here to explore. To see, smell, and feel!"How much mom'ma?" How much could they explore, how much of the world was out there... she just was astounded.
""

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-10-2015, 04:41 PM

Vail would take it all in, and she would look upwards at her mothers request, searching for the clouds. She would say nothing about what she could see up there, and would leave her mother wondering. Vail would however grin ear to ear as she looked at Motif and would say how pretty she was. “Oh Vail” Motif whispered, grabbing her daughter in a spontaneous hug that Vail had started by reaching forward, before letting her go again. “But no one in the world is as pretty as you, my little Vail” she promised, kissing her little pink nose before giving her some room.

Vail started to look about them and would ask how much, it was a stretch, but Motif guessed she meant how much of the world could they take in. “As much as you want to, sweetie. You can lead, and i'll follow, i'll always be here” she promised gently.
""  

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-10-2015, 05:10 PM

Vail didn't really say anything about the clouds because she couldn't really see them, and if she expected Motif to know that she was quite mistaken. Not that she worried about the lost question anyway. Looking at her mother's features was that much more important, and she wouldn't deny how good the snuggles felt. There was a promise on her mother's lips, taht she was the prettiest wolf in the world, and she'd giggle softly. Not really comprehending the words. She didn't have any idea how she looked like, she could rest easy it seemed though as long as she believed her mother's words. Motif's answer was complete enough. She'd give Vail full leadership to head off where ever it was she wished to go. Vail wouldn't take that very lightly either. With a bright smile on her features she'd start towards the grass, her undeveloped gait in need of a bit of refining as she struggled over the long tendrils and eventually was sent tumbling. With a squeak she'd go rolling down a tiny decline.
""

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-10-2015, 11:16 PM

Vail's soft tones of laughter would become the reason for Motif's existence, she just carried on, waiting for the next time she could hear the innocent sound of it. Motif wouldn't understand how one wolf could hold so much importance over her, how Vail's birth would irreversibly change her life until it revolved around the little girl. She would watch over her daughter like a hawk as the girl started her play in the big wide world.

It was hard to see her tripping about on the grass, and Motif wanted to pick her up and carry her. It took everything she had to stay firm to the idea that the young girl had to do this for herself, she had to learn. Motif would regret that decision a moment later as her young one tripped and went head first down an incline. The larger wolf leaped once, landing in front of Vail and catching the little wolf in her paws and showering her in kisses. “Careful sweetie, little steps okay?” she said, when she was able to speak again, her racing heart calming. It was just a tiny tumble, nothing to worry about, nothing to worry about, deep breaths Motif it was okay.
""  

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-10-2015, 11:26 PM

She couldn't help but to start giggling as she rolled, she didn't know that she should fear what might be waiting her at the end of her tumble. She was still small enough that a fall like she'd taken wouldn't phase her. Vail would almost be disappointed as her mother caught her. Giggling excitedly she'd nuzzle into Motif's nose, kissing her eagerly. "Gen, 'gen!" She'd squeal as she flipped and bound back up to the top of the small hill, she'd throw herself down again, rolling excitedly, faster and more practiced. Her momma was always going to be there to catch her, Vail didn't need to worry at all. Snowy white and peach fluff would go flying, she didn't aim for Motif but she didn't avoid her either. Where she was going to end up she didn't know, she just took a leap of faith in the name of fun.
""

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-10-2015, 11:40 PM

Of course, Vail was yet to be taught that tumbles where a bad thing, and no worse for wear she would find the experience to be a fun one, trying out to go again. Shaking her head in amusement and perhaps a touch of self pity she at all the future frights she knew Vail would give her, she watched her little one climb the tiny hill again. She waited until Vail started to tumble, looked at the gentle grassy patch she could see Vail was going to land and jumped to stand behind the grassy patch, to catch her only if looked like she needed it.

Motif was trying so very very hard to stay on the right side of a thin line, to let Vail learn things in life, without taking that away from her, yet also to be there to catch her every time. It was so hard to judge how much to let Vail fall, especially considering how every part of her ached to catch her. And shield her from the world, lock her up in the safety of her den.
""  

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-10-2015, 11:49 PM

Motif was there to catch her as she tumbled down a second time. And a third time. And a fourth time.. She tumbled down the last time and finally decided she'd had enough, though each time she'd rolled down she was giggling like crazy. Leaning against her mother the energy used to go up and down used was beginning to show. She'd take a couple of breaths before yawning and tumbling off again in another direction.

Vail didn't know where she was going or what she wanted to do, but being out of the den, under the spring sun, and hanging out with her momma were pretty great. She still couldn't get around very well, so after about ten minutes of walking she'd start to visibly slow down. She couldn't quite lift her legs up over the grasses anymore and she'd eventually just plop down in the soft grass. Not that she was ever going to admit she was tired, but this was more or less Motif's cue to pick her up and take her back to the den for a nice big meal and a nap.
""

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-10-2015, 11:56 PM

Just when Motif started to think her daughter would never tire of this game, she at last tumbled her last tumble and started off in another direction. There was definitely a show of exhaustion in the girl as each step was taken with exaggerated effort until at last she reached the point where she couldn't walk any longer. She simply laid down in the soft grass, clearly showing she at least in part knew her mother was wrapped around her finger. Motif gently wrapped her jaws about the girls scruff and picked her off the dirt, carrying her easily back to the den which in truth they hadn't traveled very far from at all.

Motif moved inside the den, placing Vail on a soft corner and kissing her gently on the head before she traveled to the den entrance and howled for Shai, in the hopes he might bring a family meal back for the three of them to enjoy as Motif told him all about their daughters first adventure.
""  

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
07-11-2015, 08:24 PM
Shai was carrying the meal he'd scavenged for the family, he didn't feel bad about picking up something that was already dead when he found it. Though this thing was so fresh that the crows hadn't even gotten to it yet. He wasn't sure what happened to the doe, but he'd wager she'd just not woken up the last time she went to sleep. Her fur was faded and around her muzzle and eyes she was pretty much white. He didn't have much of an idea of how she was going to taste, but she'd be perfect for a few days. Vail was really starting to take to full meals of meat, and with her quickly growing body she needed all the food she could get. He made sure she never went to bed with out a full tummy, even if he had to go with out.

He was almost home when he heard Motif call out for her, he'd try to pick up his pace but he was still dragging a carcass behind him. He'd make it back in good time though, leaving the kill far enough away from the den that scavengers wouldn't bother them within. He'd shake out his coat before barking softly to alert his mate and their tiny daughter of the meal that was waiting for them.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-11-2015, 08:45 PM

When Shai's soft bark told them of the prey he had scavenged, she would move back to her sleepy baby and pick her up by the scruff of the neck before taking her to where Shai waited with the kill. She gently placed Vail on the grass beside the kill, before tearing off a chunk and leaving it beside Vail so she could get straight to the meat and find it easily. Once Vail was sorted she moved over to Shai to kiss his cheek and smile at him. She knew she hadn't had much time for him lately, not with their new daughter and the complications. He however had been patient, and constantly hunting for his growing family, and there when she needed him. She didn't know what she had ever done to deserve Shai, and the family he had created with her but there was nothing in the world she would change about it.

“Shai, there's a new edition to our pack, one I specifically asked Allen to allow to join, her name is Lillianna, she's the daughter of my best friend. Mira, she left Abaven a little while ago and I didn't quite expect her little daughter to pop up.. but as far as I know she came her looking for me and Bass and has no where else in the world to go” she would, in a jumble, try to explain the new recruit and her tie to Motif, speaking softly to not disturb their daughter.
""  

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
07-12-2015, 12:01 AM
Shai would watch with a smile as Motif emerged from the den with a tiny Vail hanging from her jaws. He'd tilt his head curiously as she brought the slightly red she pup outside. He could have sworn she'd been much more pale when he'd left earlier. Not that he was known for paying an incredible amount of attention. He watch quietly as she placed their daughter down gently and offered her an easier meal. She'd start to really eat the meat from bone in a few weeks. He watch as Motif turned her attention back to him, he hadn't gotten her to himself since before Vail was born. Not that he could complain much, as Vail needed her much more than he did. Though he knew he'd have to con Shaye into babysitting soon so he really could have a private moment with his love. He'd return her kiss as she settled beside him, ready to offer the news she'd called him for.

It took him a long moment to think about what she said, her best friend's daughter? Did she have intentions of adopting her, how old was the girl? Did she have another care taker in the pack? "Should i be looking out for her?" Dide he need to keep an eye on her, feed her, love her? Shai would have done absolutely anything for Motif and if that meant adopting a child that belonged to neither of them then he would accept. "I see Vail has experienced the outside world too?" He'd ask softly as his yellow gaze shifted to her tiny form as she gnawed on the hunk of flesh given to her.

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-12-2015, 12:17 AM
Shai's offer would surprise her, through perhaps at that point she shouldn't let him catch her unawares too often. Clearly he loved her, clearly his heart was good through and through and she smiled with relief as she leaned forward and kissed him again "actually it would be a weight off my mind if you did keep en eye out,  just so I know someone is out there to hear her if she calls, and with Vail I haven't had much chance to ensure she's eating and doing okay. At this rate your going to have to take shaye on some hunting lessons or your going to be run of your feet..." motif muttered, looking at him in concern. Was she asking too much of her mate? The amount of running around he was left doing well she stayed curled around their daughter, Unable to tear her gaze from Vail for more then a few minutes at a time without feeling worry rush through her, without missing the girl. Really, it was crazy how much motif needed the girl and perhaps her motherly instincts would die down over time.

He would also mention vails excursion into the outside world and she beamed with pride "she has faint sight in the bright light, through I'm worried about the sun on her delicate skin and pink nose... I'll be asking rhythm for something to protect her before she goes out again. Otherwise we didn't get far, just played outside the den and got some fresh air, she loved it" motif explained,  wanting shai there for her next little play time, and shaye and rhythm too... She could almost swear she hadn't seen much of the three of them lately.  Shaye had found a new play mate, shai was doing all their running around. Rhythm... She hadn't left without saying something...right?

Shai

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Vail
07-12-2015, 11:08 AM
He'd let her kiss him as much as she wanted, and he still wouldn't have been satisfied by the amount. It was almost surprising how devoted he'd become to the love of his life, and if you'd told him this was where he'd be when he'd first come to Abaven he probably wouldn't have believed you. Now though? Motif just had to ask him and the task would be done. He had fallen completely for this woman he'd built up a family with. They hadn't gotten it right in the beginning but no one could tell him that they weren't heading in the right direction.

She'd mutter a couple of tasks for him briefly mentioning Shaye as an additional gatherer for their growing family, "I would gladly run my feet of for you and our family." He;d whisper back with a calm smile, moving closer to her as he did so. He'd nuzzle into her neck gently as he got her to talk about their tiny daughter who was still having a blast chewing her meal. He was relieved to hear that she had a slight bit of sight, but it seemed that even with that small blessing came a nasty curse. She hadn't even been out that long today and she was already showing signs of the sun being too much for her. Rhythm would need to create some kind of protection from the sun, he had no idea how she was going to do it, nor how well Vail was going to react to having something smothered all over her when she wanted to go out and play. "As soon as Rhythm shows Shaye how to make it I'm sure the girls could turn in into some kind of game. I'm afraid that Vail might feel.. like it singles her out though. Do you think it would be too much of a waste if I tried it with her the first couple of times?"

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-14-2015, 01:13 AM
After all the time she had spent waiting for shai, and knowing he was the one she would find the result surpassed all her expectation. She was madly in love with the boy, deeply attracted to him, and find in him the perfect father, the perfect companion and perhaps even a best friend. He looked out for her unquestioningly, he had given her a family she now couldn't live without. She sighed with contentment and leaned against the larger wolf, enjoying his companionship. He would offer some suggestions about vails sunburn problem and motif laughed gently, nuzzling him.

"I think we all should should apply the stuff the first few times and then have shaye and Vail both do it from there on out. I doubt shaye would mind much and then it might feel more natural to shaye." Motif put in her own thoughts as she pulled away from the boy to move over to their daughter who was gorging herself on meat. Motif kissed the girls head, incapable of going too long without smothering the girl in kisses. She then took a bite of shai's offer herself, relaxing as she enjoyed the meal with her mate and one of their daughters.