gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

The Ooze ParticipantTreat 2019
07-10-2015, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2015, 03:45 PM by Shaye I.)

Shaye would be intercrial in a very important part of Vail's learning. Vail had already experienced her first time in the world, and she had somewhat had her first time escaping, but honestly that little attempt had been botched from the start. Shaye would teach her the real art of sneaking away. Of course, with both Mother and father in the den, the only way to get it to work would be conspiracy. She woke her father very quitly with a nudge, a wink and a whisper. “Shes safe, and with me” she would tell her dad, and leave it up to Shai to tell their mother or let her panic.

The second part was harder, she already knew that Motif stole all of Vail's time and snuggles and that the girl could always be found curled against her mothers side or in her lap. Poor Shai and Shaye, they had to fight for Vail's attention, perhaps that little fact played into this adventure. She wanted some time with her sister, she wanted to show her herbs, teach her their scents and properties. “Vail” she whispered, very softly to the sister she had named. “Come on”

"speech"  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-10-2015, 04:45 PM

Vail was fast asleep, still growing the tiny wolf pup enjoyed long hours of naps and cuddling. Though it was likely that those traits would remain through out her adult life. She snuggled into Motif's side now, though her mother was curled the other way into Shai so Vail got her mother's back. It would make for an easier escape at least, not being tangled up in her mother's paws. It still wouldn't take much to wake her when it was Shaye's voice calling out her name. Sightless gaze would open as she looked to her older sibling. There wasn't enough light in the den for her to see anything but she could hear and smell just fine. With one tiny command Vail wouldn't hesitate to slip from the den with Shaye. Motif had said she could go out with Shaye anyway, so there was no real threat of discipline in this situation. Her baby doll like form would follow after Shaye's giant one, curious about where her sister wanted to take her.
""

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

07-10-2015, 11:51 PM

Vail would silently rise, offering no complain as Shaye beckoned her from the den. A lazy yellow eye would slip open from the shadows of the cave, and Shaye would wink at it, and the sleepy male owner as she gently nudged Vail, helping her make a quite escape from the den and into the dark early morning. Shaye had missed Vail's first excursion in the wild, but that didn't matter, this one would clearly be more exciting. “You know the scents that are always on Rhythm? All fresh and planty? That's what where going to find today” she would explain once they had exited the den and could whisper quietly amongst themselves.

“I know a few good places to look for herbs, follow me okay?” she whispered quietly, she was certain Vail wasn't nearly as helpless as Motif made her look to be, she wanted to see how good Vail's nose was, if Shaye pointed her out to a couple of herb patches, would Vail be able to find some herself too?

"speech"  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most people dont want to be nagged about threads - I do! If I owe you a post, tell me. I've taken on a lot of threads and gotten lost. If you want a post, tell me where, and i'll reply.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-11-2015, 12:00 AM

With a little more encouragement, and help, from her big sister Vail would make her way from the den. She didn't notice their Daddy's quick look, but she did notice that Motif wouldn't wake up yet again. She musta been really sleepy. Eagerly the waking girl followed after her giant of a sister as she led her away. She wouldn't be really spoken to until they were far out of ear reach of the den. Her explanation came easily then. What Aunt Rhythm smelled like.. in addition to all the wolfy smells she did seem to have a plant like undertone. All she had to do was follow Shaye, that didn't seem too hard. Until she stepped into a hole. Shaye stepped right over it, her paws were nice and big, but Vail stepped right into it. "Ouch!" Vail would cry as she slammed into the ground. She wasn't hurt really bad, but it was enough to make her sore and cause her skin to go a little bit more red. She thought it was the end of the world though, and tears would start to well up into her eyes at the pain, and she'd whimper softly as she waited for Shaye to come pick her up and make her boo-boo better.
""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

07-11-2015, 12:10 AM

The walk was an easy one, and with the deep shadows of night Shaye wouldn't really see all that much more then Vail anyway. Perhaps it helped with how often she traversed this land, that all of it was as familiar to her as Motif's face in her heart. She didn't even realize she had gotten a couple steps ahead of Vail until she cried out and landed in the earth. Tears would immediately start to fall, and the older girl would give an exaggerated sigh. She had this idea in her head that Vail would learn to see other ways, by the sound her paws made on the earth, the echos in the land around her would tell her how step it was, sounds and scents and touch. Maybe it would be like that for her one day, but clearly it was too early.

Instead, the pair of them would be landed with a big delay as Shaye back tracked and dug patience out of somewhere. Rhythm after all had always had patience for her, no matter what or when or why, her Aunty had never raised her voice, never gotten exasperated, never once in her entire life given Shaye any reason not to think she was perfect. It was from that well of memories that Shaye drew her own patience, wanting nothing more in her entire life then the want to be just like Rhythm. “Its just a little red, its not even sprained or anything, give it a second, flex it and say 'One, two, it's not you! Three, four, that tells me what i'm good for!' she said, giggling at the little rhyme, ”that means that nothing can stop if you put your mind to it” Shaye leaned down and kissed the paw. “See, its all better now right?” she asked.

"speech"  

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-11-2015, 12:24 AM

Vail had barely gotten walking down, she still struggled with getting around any kind of quickly. Her legs were too short and a lot of time she didn't realize how high to raise her legs and then she just got really slow. Eventually she'd learn to navigate better with her other senses. She was already learning somewhat to see by sound, but she was far from perfect. Vail might have learned fast but her infant form was not there yet.

The grass did a good job of covering the hole anyway, she wouldn't have been given any warning even if she could see. Shaye didn't take long to turn around and help her sister, trying to convince her that it really wasn't all that bad. Vail would sniffle pitifully, but she knew that Shaye was right and crying wasn't going to get them going on their adventure any quicker. "One, two, you!" She'd say through the last of her tears. "Thee, four, four!" She'd repeat back expertly as Shaye leaned down to kiss her injured foot, and it really was better by the time she'd said so. "Better," She'd confirm with a nod.
""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

07-11-2015, 12:32 AM

Shaye laughed gently at Vail's terrible reciting, she did forget how young Vail was, through in her defiance Shaye had never actually been around someone so young before, at least not since she was equally as young and had Bass's children that she somewhat grew up with. Perhaps this was a learning experience for Shaye too, who was the only one who looked at Vail as another wolf, a sibling and a comrade, not a tiny and highly breakable precious thing. Vail was trying at least, and Shaye would beam proudly at her as she admitted that everything was indeed better. “Good, then come on, where close” she instructed her sister, starting up again but slowing down her pace for her blind sibling.

In fact they where only a few feet from a patch of Elderberrys and Shaye would stop her first. The berries weren't too hard to find and they tasted fascinating and yummy as well as being healthy. Shaye pulled down a nice large ripe one from high up up, gripping in gently in her mouth before placing it on the ground before Vail, where the fragrant Berry should lead her sister to it. “That's called an Elderberry, this is a herb that's okay to eat, you should try it, it helps make you big and strong especially when your sick” she explained.

"speech"  

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-11-2015, 09:02 PM

Vail was smart and learning quickly, but she was still a tiny baby and had a whole lot to learn still. She enjoyed life so far though, and did her best to learn all she could along with trying her best. Though it was possible Shaye could have treated her a little bit more breakable, for the most part the tiny pink fluff ball was rather hardy. Not that Vail had any more time to think about her little bump, Shaye was encouraging her along. With a determined squeak Vail charged after her big (huge) sister, she had to take three strides to equal one of Shaye's. Usually. She did notice that Shaye walked just a little bit slower after she'd had her tumble. She was more than a little grateful, it was hard to learn how to walk, especially when you couldn't see where it was you were going.

Shaye stopped her soon enough however, Vail would wait curiously as she fought with a bush? She wasn't sure but there was a lot of rustling. Eventually her sister dropped something in front of her, tilting her head curiously she'd perk her pretty pink ears towards Shaye. It was a berry, and apparently a tasty treat. Vail wasn't so sure though, not that she didn't trust her sister. She'd sniff it carefully, memorizing the aromas that were lifted into her snout. It was most certainly fascinating, it didn't smell like anything she'd eaten before. Flicking her ears towards Shaye apprehensively Vail leaned down to lick the berry.

She wasn't sure what to do. It didn't taste terrible, but it wasn't awesome either. She didn't want to disappoint her big sister though, so cautiously she'd gulp it down. That hadn't been so bad.
""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

07-11-2015, 09:06 PM

Shaye would watch Vail as she sniffed the berry, memorizing its scent, and Shaye would also see that her sister didn't look that impressed. At least with a blind sibling, Shaye didn't have to hide her grin. It was possible Vail wouldn't be as interested in healing as Shaye was, even if that was how things turned out it would be alright, Shaye would still show her sister the wonderful world of a healer and if that wasn't for her at least Vail could decide that knowing full well what it was she was saying no to.

Vail would swallow the berry and say nothing, Shaye shrugged, still grinning and leaned over to nudge her tiny sister. “did you want to find more herbs Vail? Or we could do something else if you like.. we could find some sleeping mice and startle them?” she offered, not willing to give up on the sneaking play time just yet.

"speech"  

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-12-2015, 07:39 PM

Vail hadn't started to think about her future skills yet, being a toddler she didn't have to think about that stuff yet. That wouldn't stop Shaye from introducing herbs at an early age, in another season she would start to go on hunts, and maybe even learn some self defense. Right now though it was best if she just focus on learning to walk properly. After she ate the berry Shaye would question her again, did she want to find more herbs? Something else, chasing mice? "Mouse are tasty." She'd announce, not knowing what startling sleepy mice was like, but knowing that she'd tasted a mouse once and it was great. She'd lean into Shaye's side, happy with whatever she wanted to do. She liked sneaking around with her sister.
""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

07-14-2015, 01:19 AM
Vail wouldn't offer much of a suggestion except to say that mice where tasty. The older girl laughed and judged her nose into her sisters side gently "them I think you'll love this game" she offered, already starting to slowly move out, keeping her pace nice and slow to ensure her sister coukd walk beside her. Having a sister was still a strange sensation for the girl, she had this little life that shared the same parents as her, but was so tiny that clearly shaye would be there to look out for her, to teach and guide her and of course help her get into trouble.

Shaye started to creep after a moment, moving towards known holes where mice liked to sleep. She waited until she found one that looked like it was shallow enough to dig into with only to clear exit points. She nudged for Vail to go in front of one "shh" she whispered to vail "wait here, jump on anything that moved" she instructed softly before moving to the other side where she started to dig. The idea was that the mice would run for the other exit, where Vail sat quietly waiting.

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-14-2015, 11:09 AM

Shaye offered Vail her affections as the much tinier girl snuggled into her plush fur. Apparently she was going to love this game, her tail would wag madly behind her as she stood up impatiently. Shaye did not disappoint, and would lead the way quite quickly. Though slow enough that Vail could easily keep up with out tripping too bad. Eventually though Shaye would slow, Vail could hear her shuffling around for a moment before she told Vail to be much more quiet. Vail's tiny blush form would sink a little as she perked her ears and aimed her sightless eyes towards Shaye's movement. She'd be nudged into place as Shaye gave her instructions.

She could hear Shaye digging a little ways away, and then suddenly the sound of tiny feet on packed earth. She would crouch low, waiting for her prey. There were three mice that leapt out, and while they scrambled Vail would lash out with her puppy teeth where ever she heard them rustle in the grass. Her first two attempts came up empty but as she reached for the third she would be met with success. She'd squeal excitedly as the still living creature wiggle in her mouth and did its best to bite her. As its teeth sunk in Vail would bite down harder and end its life with a pained cry. It didn't leave much more than a tiny pinch, but it still really hurt Vail's lip.
""

Shaye I

Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

07-18-2015, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2015, 05:08 PM by Shaye I.)

Shaye would dig until she heard movements, then she would pause, tilting her head as she listened to the sound of little claws scrapping against the earth as they ran for their exit. She would hear the sound of Vail as she leaped for the moving creatures, and then she would hear a squeal of delight and knew that Vail had succeeded. In the next moment, Vail would give another squeal and Shaye dashed over to find Vail with little spots of blood against her lips, and a dead mouse held proudly in her jaws. “That's fantastic Vail! You got one” Shaye cheered, uncertain what the more painful cry Vail had given was for. Perhaps its little claws or teeth had gotten her, but she couldn't see a mark.

“Since you caught it, you get to eat it” Shaye would add, sitting down in front of her sister as she waited to see what little Vail would do. She was still learning how to be a sister, how to care for Vail and show her the fun in life, something she was giving her all to do, she just didn't know how successful she was being. Was Vail having fun? Was she learning?

""

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-19-2015, 04:13 PM

Shaye didn't hesitate to leap back over to where Vail struggled slightly with her mouse, praising her easily as Vail took the creatures life. Her big sister reminded her that this was the part where she got to eat it. Vail was much bigger than she'd been with her first mouse, and with a few gulps it was gone. Her belly was full, but she still had the little bite on her lip. "Bi' me!" She'd pout as she offered her lip for Shaye to examine. So far she'd had a lot of fun with Shaye, but she wouldn't even come close to finishing their adventure unscathed. Soon the sun would be out and the young she wolf would have to either retreat into the shade or cover herself with dust or mud. That was the easiest protection to acquire, and didn't usually smell or feel funny like the pastes rhythm had procured.
""