gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-12-2015, 01:13 PM
Frith made his way to their more southern border, what would have once been Sawtooth. He was never particularly close to any of Novella's family that had stayed in the borders when they and Threar had split. His wife's parents he missed dearly, their guidance had been just as important as his own mother's. He knew Novella missed them too, and he wished that his younger children would have been able to meet their grandparents. Thoughts of those that had come and gone weighed heavily on his thoughts as he made his way to the Fiori border. It had been a long while since they'd spoken and he didn't want their kindling relationship to die. Leaning back to take a seat on the Threar border the Author would summon Fiori's alpha.
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
07-12-2015, 01:31 PM

Leo honestly forgot sometimes that Fiori's border met up with another pack's border. He spent the majority of his time in the Mangroves so he really only went through the Hot Springs to do border patrols on occasion. They had never had any problems from Threar though so he certainly didn't have any worries about it. He just so happened to be making his way toward the Hot Springs when a howl called for him from the border. His ears perked and he picked up his pace a little bit so as to not keep his guest waiting for too long. A few moments later he spotted the dark brown male sitting on the Threar side of the border. Leo smiled pleasantly and dipped his head in greeting to the other wolf. He assumed this was the bordering pack's alpha or at least one of them. "Hello there! I'm Leo, Sovereign here in Fiori. What can I do for you?" He settled on his haunches across from the other male, surprising himself with how relaxed he felt in his first meeting with another alpha.

"Talk" "You" Think

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-12-2015, 02:37 PM
Frith had barely let the call finish falling from his lips when the wolf he wished to see would appear before him. The man was slightly shorter than himself with a rusty tint as well as some familiar markings. He looked an awful lot like Epiphron, the one he'd known as the leader here. The greeting was more than friendly, and Frith would smile and offer a nod in greeting as well. This was Leo, as he'd introduce himself and sit similarly to Frith. "My name is Frith Destruction, Author of Threar." He'd add another slight nod. "Leadership has obviously changed since the last I've been here. Epiphron is still in good health yes?" He'd ask curiously, he didn't want to hear anything bad had happened to the woman. "This is just a neighborly visit," mostly. "Our borders have been quiet as well, I appreciate the peaceful relations and wouldn't seek to see them ended."

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
07-12-2015, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2015, 04:12 PM by Leo.)

As he suspected, Frith confirmed his assumption of his rank in Threar once he had introduced himself. Leo nodded to confirm that Pip was indeed in good health. "She is doing very well actually. Epiphron is my mother and recently handed the pack down to me." His explanation would be short and sweet though he wouldn't mind explaining more to Frith if he asked. It seemed like a good enough explanation though. The slightly taller man would explain the purpose of his visit and Leo would smile in response. He was glad to hear that this was a friendly visit! "I'm happy to hear you feel that way. I also appreciate the peace between our packs. It's nice to have good neighbors such as yourself." He paused as he thought breifly before offering, "Though maybe our packs could interact more in the future? We have quite a few younger wolves who have recently chosen their desired ranks and specialties so I'm sure some interaction with other wolves who are familiar with their trades would be beneficial to them. With you being so close it would be easy hold larger training sessions for the both of our packs." He thought back to the last spar session Athena held and remembered that there had hardly been enough wolves to ensure that they each had a partner.

"Talk" "You" Think

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-12-2015, 05:51 PM
There was quick reply about Epiphron, Leo's mother as it happened, before they got into the real talks. She was fine, but recently gave her son the reigns. How much older was the woman to him, and when would he be stepping down to offer the throne to the next most capable offspring? Hopefully not for a while. His brood still had some training ahead of them before he could comfortably step down, not that he really wished the weight of leadership on any of them. They were showing themselves as more than capable wolves, but he wasn't ready to see them with so much responsibility.

Frith would take the polite compliment Leo offered with a simple nod, having Abaven to one side and Fiori to another helped him sleep better at night. Leo offered more than just peace at the border. Having the packs interact seemed excellent, there had only been two real spars at the last training. "I can see a frieldy rivalry budding," He'd answer with a smile as Leo finished. "You will most certainly be invited to the Festival that will be held in the Fall, though I hope we can do something sooner. Lots of minds need learning in Threar, and our teachers are relatively few." He'd admit, though he and Novella did their both to teach it wasn't always the most advanced.

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
07-12-2015, 11:56 PM

He hadn't really known what to expect from this meeting when he came to answer the call, but he could definitely say he was quite pleased with how it had gone so far. Not only had they confirmed a peacefulness between their packs, but it looked like he might have found a way to give his pack members more experience with their training as well! Leo grinned and chuckled with a nod. "Indeed, I think a friendly rivalry would be a great thing." He nodded happily when the invitation for their Festival was given. "We are in the same boat for the most part. My sister, Amalia, has been training very, very hard in healing the last few seasons and her wife, Athena, has lots of past experience in fighting. I'm sure the both of them would be glad to lend their knowledge. We do lack a real teacher for hunting, however." He chuckled softly when he thought of just how many young wolves Fiori had.  "My sister-in-law has four children of her own plus the two that she and Amalia have adopted. Then with Hymn and Psalm on top of that there is more than enough willing students here."

"Talk" "You" Think

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-13-2015, 12:45 PM
Frith hadn't known what to expect when he'd made the call, of course he sought to keep peaceful feelings towards one another he never expected to be having talks about strengthening bonds. Along with Abaven it seemed like there might be enough teachers for everyone. When Leo made known the lack of teachers in hunting Frith became more than eager. It seemed they might succeed in making a trade of some sorts. "I have some very fine hunters within Threar's borders. I'm sure we could set up some traded lessons." He'd grin at the prospect. He could have another warrior to train those budding in the fighting skill as well as a healer who could share her knowledge with those that needed more training in healing. He knew he needed to especially find Kalliope a teacher. "My great-nephews." He'd muse contentedly. He might have felt bad about that if the mother of the boys were not only a year or so younger than himself. "But yes, Maybe I will send my daughter for a hunting lesson? She's young, but she is skilled." Would that help her feel like she could prove herself?

Leo

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
07-18-2015, 05:03 PM

Leo gave Frith a pleased nod at his offer. "I'm sure my hunter would be very grateful for the lesson. I tried to teach her a few things myself not too long ago, but I'm admittedly not the best teacher." He chuckled a little as he thought about the little tracking lesson he had given Ritselli. She was a spirited young girl and he was excited to see what she could do with some real training. "But yes, we will definitely have to get some training sessions together for the both of us soon. I'm hoping that my sister will be getting a healing training session together soon and I'll make sure that your pack is welcomed when she does." He smiled, very pleased with how this meeting had gone. He didn't think he could have asked for it go any better. "Well, I should go finish up my patrol. I hope to see you again soon though, Frith."

"Talk" "You" Think

Frith

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
07-23-2015, 09:43 AM
Leo didn't hesitate in disclosing the status of his hunter, surely the girl would be grateful for a real teacher, just like he was sure his own healers would do well with a teacher, along with his warriors. Frith would nod in acceptance of Leo's proposal, he had no qualms with the plan. "I appreciate that." He'd stand then knowing full well that the both of them had other things to be doing than simply chatting up the neighbor. "I'll talk to my daughter, and I will send her to you within the week." He'd offer as the Sovereign gave his good byes. "Have a good day, Leo. We will be seeing each other again soon." He'd ad a smile to his polite departure. With little convincing he'd take his leave back into Threar.