gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
07-13-2015, 10:03 PM
Katja's steps carried her to a land she knew well, a land of greenery well watered with blood from those who had fought and the body and bone of those who had died there. The battlefield. The Odin blessed land, the raven feast. Her land. She wandered it serenely, despite the faint itch that heralded the very start of her heat cycle. She would be leading her pack in a raid soon, she had decided, but her restlessness would not allow her to wait. Whether she found battle here or not it would serve her purpose well enough, the potential of gathering new warriors or thrall for Yfir just enough cause to make the short trip from her mountain here.

Ooc: set before the Yfir meeting. Not looking for anything in particular, maybe recruiting, maybe a spar.

Esti

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
07-16-2015, 09:57 AM
From where she lived, it was easy to hear any call from the battlefield. If there was nothing else, Esti loved the pack's location simply because of that. She heard the call and waited for a moment before hauling herself up to go answer it. Once she arrived, the woman before her looked somewhat familiar. Why? Who was she? Esti's whiskers twitched forward; it hit her. The woman was that alpha from the border. She was the one Ashmedai had harassed. Esti would approach, her expression neutral, "I believe we've met before, briefly, but I didn't catch your name. I'm Esti Kigu." Granted, she had probably caught the woman's name, but she couldn't remember it now. Most of her focus at that time had been to get Ashmedai to just stop. He was bold and big and that was all good, but he could be annoying and not all wolves had the patience for that. Esti barely had the patience for it.

"So, tell me what you're looking for. I can spar with you, seeing as I need some practice myself." She left it at that, already setting into her fighting mood. She didn't want to get sucked into a conversation, and she figured this woman probably felt similarly. All talk and no play was a sure way to waste the day.

Lyndvarr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-18-2015, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2015, 04:18 PM by Lyndvarr.)

LORD, I AM CLIMBING HIGH MOUNTAINS TRYING TO GET HOME
Trying to get home...  

Bahhh…. weeds.  Lyndvarr frowned as he snipped away at a patch of dandelions, wincing at the bitter taste of the milk white fluid spilling from the verdant flesh.  His stomach had been feeling slightly off since downing half a badger carcass, why the hell had he thought that foul smelling thing might taste decent?  Laying the greens aside he carefully set to digging up the roots, claws biting into the earth as he dug.  Satisfied with his haul Lyndvarr devoured some of the leaves before snatching up the others and trotting off to the pile of rocks that was serving as a temporary home.

Leaping on top of them he started setting out the dandelion bits to dry in the sun.  As Lynd turned to leap off the boulder the wind shifted, bringing with it the scent of other wolves.  One of the scents…. well, it reminded him a bit of his mother, even though it certainly wasn't hers.  Hmmm… pale sapphire eyes narrowed as he left off the pile to follow the scent, hoping Lærke wouldn't get to irritated at him for wandering off like this.  He'd have to ask if it bothered her.

Slinking low and in smooth strides he let the scent guide him, praying to the gods that it would lead him somewhere of benefit.  Eyes widened as they rested on two femmes, one a pale white lady with dark blue eyes and the other… cloaked in ebony with mercury eyes and a stance that reminded him all to much of his sister.  Was this his aunt?  Was this the famed Katja Finnvi his mother used to talk about?

Carefully approaching the women he cleared his throat.  "Hallo…"  Crap what should he say?  Hi, there, you look like my long lost aunt!  Better to just ask where the heck he was. "Kan du fortelle meg hvor jeg er?"  He felt his nerves rising slightly though on the surface he remained cool and collected.

Lærke

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-19-2015, 02:05 PM
LÆRKE FINNVI

Her brother had wandered off, but Lærke wasn't overly concerned. She trailed him by only a mile or so, having ducked off the trail on her own for curiosity's sake. As it happened, yes, most of the skeletons she saw did belong to wolves. After she realized that, she picked up the pace. The girl's dark frame was made for running and it wasn't long at all before she crested a low rise and saw her brother facing off against two other wolves just ahead of her.

Her lips curled into a snarl and she sprung forwards with a savage leap from her hind legs. during her approach she realized that they were in fact not engaged in battle, and all things considered the meeting seemed to waver between calm and uncertain. she let out an exaggerated smile as she came up on Lyndvarr's right side, stopping only a pace or two behind his larger's form. "Hva har du funnet, bror?" The light colored fae was disinteresting, but the darker woman had a commanding presence around her, and there was something about her scent... Had they met before? It was vaguely familiar...

"Talk" "You" Think

Katja the First

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah
07-21-2015, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2015, 10:21 AM by Tealah.)
The pale woman was almost a foot taller than her, and for a moment as she appeared Katja mistook her for Laufey but no, it was the woman from Imperium. Valentine's woman? "Katja Finnvi," she offered her own name briefly in return. The woman was blunt and to the point, offering her battle and, with only a moment's fleeting thought to the size difference, Katja inclined her head in acquiescence. "A spar, then,' she agreed. The woman facing her was young, but not so young as to be untrained and paired with her height that would make her a formidable opponent. Something this restless burning within her craved more than anything. A flicker of a figure seen in her peripheral vision, and she knew Auora was with her - but...

She turned her head sharply when the voice of an unknown wolf struck her, and her eyes widened to see the flicker she had seen was no vision but a solid wolf. "Auora!" she rasped, but immediately shook her head in confusion. For a moment, just a moment, she'd been shocked by the wolf's appearance into seeing her sister, for the wolf resembled her so greatly and the norsk words that issued forth. But the wolf was male, and young, and the black patch over his eye set him apart. But for that, he was nearly identical.

A second wolf sprang forward, and with hair-trigger instincts sharper than usual between her heat, the prospect of battle with the Imperium woman, and simple shock, the sudden appearance of this third stranger nearly tipped her over the edge into an instinctively aggressive response. She restrained herself, barely, as the stranger dropped her own aggression in favor of a smile and stopped just short of the male's side, but Katja's gray pelt bristled and she remained in a warrior's stance. Both of these strangers, too, were taller than she was, though the male did not reach Esti's height and this new one, a young female whose words marked her as the male's sister, was only a few inches taller than Katja herself. Dark monochrome colors similar to Katja's own, though more subtly arrayed. "Du befinner deg i Alacratia, fremmed, på slagmarken," she answered with caution.

She turned her head just slightly to bring the Imperium woman back into her attention. "Forgive me my rudeness. It is not with frequency that I find someone from my culture with which to converse. I will not keep you waiting long." And to the pair - "Min tid er blitt lovet å kjempe. Jeg er imidlertid sterkt interessert i å fortsette denne samtalen hvis du ikke protestere. Jeg ber om overbærenhet for et øyeblikk mens jeg oppfylle min forpliktelse."

Long experience allowed her to narrow her focus entirely upon the tall Imperium woman, all but eliminating the other pair from her thoughts though enough of her attention remained on them that she would not be taken unaware if she were attacked. Facing Esti head on, she indicated to the woman that she could begin.

Lyndvarr

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
07-22-2015, 08:26 PM

LORD, I AM CLIMBING HIGH MOUNTAINS TRYING TO GET HOME
Trying to get home...  

Despite his cool exterior Lyndvarr could hear his heart hammering in his ears. The ebony woman turned and he watched her eyes widen in surprise as she called out his mother's name. Auöra. Lynd swallowed sharply, suddenly, powerfully, missing his mother but also feeling pride that other's saw her in him. And as for this woman, there was no doubt this was the legendary Katja Finnvi, the aunt he'd who was the heroine in so many tales he'd heard as a child.

Her words were guarded and as much as he figured, the battlefields of Alacritis. Lyndvarr nodded as Katja spoke. "Sikkert, ta all den tiden du trenger." He moved out of the way, taking an audience seat and feeling a thrill at the prospect of seeing his aunt battle. He would wait to call her by name til after the battle however, he did not want his prescence to be to much of a distraction. Sapphire eyes tilted to the sky… takk mor for veiledning

-post to be continued in the other thread, sorry for the interruption-

Esti

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
07-27-2015, 08:33 PM
Esti settled about ten feet away from the woman- Katja- and prepared herself to fight. She was just about ready to launch her attack when two others appeared, breaking all focus and surprising the grey woman enough to where she called out a name which was apparently a mistake, Esti gathered, because she shook her head right after. Esti's ears drooped to the sides of her head. Who where these people? Why were they interrupting her spar? What the hell were they saying? Katja informed her that they were of her culture and proceeded to rattle off something that sounded made up to Esti's ears. Soon enough, though, the woman faced her again, ready to fight.

Nodding once with a sharp smile, Esti began to set her defenses. She tucked her chin and rolled her shoulders to protect her neck while her ears tucked to keep them away from being easily torn. Her stance widened, her knees bending and her weight distributing evenly across her paws as she dug her nails into the dirt for traction. Her tail and head fell in alignment with her spine and her hackles rose along the resulting line, offering protection and balance. Finally, her lips raised, still keeping a smiling form, her eyes narrowed, and her face scrunched to help deflect any attacks from the sensitive portions of her face. She growled, feeling pretty revved up, then took off.

Esti sought to close the gap between herself and Katja. She was larger than the woman and wouldn't waste any time on flair. She aimed to wait until she was close to Katja, then she would attempt to step to her right and ram the front of her left shoulder forward and downward into the left part of Katja's chest, on the inner portion where her chest and shoulder met. At the same time, she would try to stomp and pin Katja's left forepaw with her own left forepaw, redistributing her weight as she lifted her paw. Opening her smiling jaws wide, Esti would aim to bite and grip the upper left part of her opponent's neck, between where her shoulders met, with her upper jaw seeking the scruff in the middle of the two shoulders while her lower jaw sought the scruff where it met Katja's left shoulder, her lower teeth maybe just nicking the top of Katja's left shoulder. Hopefully, with this positioning, Esti could keep Katja from moving too much with the weight difference.

Esti Vs. Katja for SPAR
Round 1/2

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
09-20-2015, 06:56 PM
And the winner is...

ESTI! Due to Katja not posting in the allotted time the fight has been defaulted in Esti's favor. Katja must now give up by either submitting, fleeing or passing out.