Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
Dragon Mod
07-14-2015, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2015, 08:10 PM by Sin.)
So I've always been curious on how you Alpha people come up with the rank names of your packs!
I know some stick to the basic Alpha, Beta, heir, hunter etc name, but when you come up with all the different ranks ie Abavens rank names, Dono's rank names, Imperiums names, etc.

A lot of those names are quite interesting and i've never seen before. Like, ever.
So do you come up with them on your own? Or are they based off other ideas? How do you come up with your rank theme? Explain to me/us this sorcery! x3

Lior

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
07-14-2015, 08:01 PM
When I was helping Dream with potential pack names we thought of medieval titles and then transferred them into Latin. :3

[Image: lior_by_reflectedmemories-d8khd2n.png]

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-15-2015, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2015, 05:40 PM by Voltage.)
For dono we mixed a bunch of latin words. Donostrea itself is a mix of our and home. Aertus is like...wind messanger or something, ferax is brother leader, prea means something like official or top. Ect ect. Its been a while since we made them XD most have specific elements linked with specific jobs cause we first made them for, well, specific element holders in the pack xD hence wind warrior made for gale.
Terito is our most recent and it means missed love and its our "you are traveling but still dono!" Rank. Which seems to come in handy xD

I spent hours just listing latin words for sea and others and making up combinations that they approved of. It was quite fun! Theres a reason we have so many ranks...
....and its pretty much cause arin was bored one day

Its all very...them. and thats why i love dono so much, because it wasnt really made to be a pack but made to give everyone another level to their character and give them all a perfect home for them.
Mine and seas inspiration came from the family we made it for, and the players. I love it so much.

Tealah

Administrator
Admin

gems
size
Small
build
-
player

Easter 2022Toys for Tots
07-16-2015, 08:37 AM
Yfir's was straight up ganked from history. Nearly all the names are accurate viking age ranks that I shuffled around, and I just filled in the blanks with old norse words that meant what I intended the rank to be.

Esti

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Extra large
build
-
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
07-16-2015, 09:18 AM
Lots of people base it on history or another language. Sometimes made up words work too. Just whatever feels right I guess. Just try to remember simplicity because no one is going to remember that "Drogninstuttoristin" means warrior. However, if you think "Oh, Ronin means this in real life, so I think that it would match with this IC" then you usually can't go wrong. Lots of people use latin, but feel free to get creative as long as you make it memorable and not a million letters long. XD