Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-16-2015, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2015, 11:08 PM by Vail.)

Vail liked to play right outside the den, there were a lot of creepy crawlies that liked to get on her fur when she sat in one place too long. It was a fun game to eat them up wherever they disturbed her fur. She could't see a single one, but she didn't miss either. She liked snacking on bugs, and would hesitate to do so as she lingered outside. Mommy and Daddy were asleep inside, they'd told her she could play outside as long as she stayed close or left with someone the trusted. For now though she was lone, just happily eating the bugs that dared to climb up her form. She would giggle amusedly as she chewed them, amazed that they continued to come no matter how many of their comrades she ate. Ants were the most frequent, there were lots of those she ate. The butterflies were few and far between but they tasted bad anyway with their tiny bodies and gross dusty wings. Her favorites were the crickets, followed closely by grass hoppers. There were a few other bugs she did not have names for but most of them were foul anyway. Like that stink bug she'd ate once..
""  

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
07-19-2015, 09:12 PM
Starling would miss this place, but he wouldn't be gone that long, it seemed. And the reason he was leaving was because he was going to get trained by very knowledgeable healers. It was his dream, wasn't it? To get better at healing. But was that his entire dream? He knew he wanted to learn, and he wanted to learn everything! He wished he could make a wish, he wished it would come true. He wished so desperately that he could change the way he was, that he could be stronger and more balanced and agile...he wished he could be a fighter like his big brother Lark. With a gentle sigh he'd move on through the rapids, searching for Motif so he might say goodbye for now. They would continue his training when he returned, he guessed. With a sigh he'd move, somehow managing to leap a rock without falling into the water again. Everyone was going in different directions, weren't they. His father...oh, his beloved father, and Finch were off on a trip, and he was off to Sonticus. Would this last forever? He'd sigh as he moved on towards the den he knew Motif held, when he saw something small and white. Blinking slightly, he'd tilt his head at the child he had never seen, before it clicked. This must be Motif's new child! Goodness, where had Starling been?? Clearing his throat he'd step towards her, a small smile on his face. "H-hello.." He said in his stutter, embarrasment coloring his voice. He should have met this little one far sooner, he should have been there to help her birth...but he wasn't. Oh, he was certainly the very best healer, wasn't he?

"Talk""Italian"

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-19-2015, 09:26 PM

Vail wasn't quite old enough to grasp that she lived in a pack, she hadn't been to the borders. She knew that Aunt Rhythm lived far away usually, but she didn't quite grasp that it was another pack. She got the concept of coming and going, but she hadn't thought it all the way through quite yet. Surely as she grew older though she'd realize the limits of their world. For now though, the tiny child was quite content eating bugs outside her mother's den. The Destruction woman gained a few visitors every now and then but she had yet to meet anywhere near all the members of the pack. She knew most of their scents, but voices and silhouettes were a different story. So as Starling walked up she recognized his scent, kind of. Her snowy features would swivel to seek him out, almost sightless eyes lingering on his form as her ears perked in his direction. "Hullo," she'd answer, using her front paws to drag herself closer to him instead of standing up like a normal wolf. "Who're you?" She'd question him with a tilt of her head. She'd not met Bass or any of his offspring yet, but she knew of them from her mommy and Shaye.
""  

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
07-19-2015, 09:34 PM
Ah, he...well, he didn't really remember being that young. But he had been that young only a short time ago. And if he was nearly as adoreable as she seemed to be, well, he must have been adored. With a gentle, awkward laugh he'd step towards her as she crawled towards him. "W-well.." He began, his voice soft and light, nowhere near as deep as other male's voices were. "If you are who I th-think you are, I-I'm your cousin." He would smile then and move to lay before her. Already, he liked this little girl, and family was important right? And because he was nearly positive Motif was her mother, that meant this girl was family. "M-my name is Starling...a-and you?" He said softly, tilting his head lightly. Her eyes seemed faded, a gentle white he had never seen. Could she see properly? He wondered, analyzing her. Had something gone wrong with the birth? "Wh-where's your m-mother?" He said with a smile, tilting his head in the other direction.

"Talk""Italian"

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-19-2015, 10:18 PM

He didn't hesitate to close the distance between them, his friendliness would cause Vail's tail to wag softly in excitement. She liked meeting her family, they were always so nice to her. He'd offer an explanation.. he was her cousin. Her gaze wouldn't leave him as he lay down next to her pale form. His same was Starling. "I'm Vail," she'd say softly as she leaned into his side. Where was her mother? "Sleepin' wif daddy in the den." She'd tell him truthfully, "Said I could play outside." She'd assure him in case he was worried she didn't belong out here. "Where your mommy?" She'd ask with a smile and a wag in her tail, repeating his question with no real reason to have the answer.
""  

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
07-19-2015, 10:24 PM
He'd smile softly at her. Vail, ah, he liked her already. It made his leaving all the more sorrowful. He just met the girl and he was going to miss all her youthful milestones. Perhaps he was just searching now for things to latch on too to stay home, or perhaps he really did want to be apart of something. He was more a young brother in his family, than one that was older and had the leadership feel. He'd tilt his head towards the den then, smiling. Motif was asleep, huh? "I-its very nice...to m-meet you Vail." He said softly then, smiling as she leaned into him. So sweet! When she asked about Wren his smile faultered just slightly, but he assumed it was just because he had asked the question already for her mother. "M-my mother..i-is on a trip." He said softly. "Sh-she'll b-be back s-soon..." He would nod his head then, though he didn't know if that were true. He really had no idea when he would see his mother again. "S-so Vail, d-do you like to p-play?" He asked gently, an awkward grin on his lips.

"Talk""Italian"

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-19-2015, 10:40 PM

He wasn't as big as Shaye but he was bigger than Lilli, and friendly and quite comfy to snuggle into. She could have definitely gotten used to his presence. She'd nuzzle into his fur affectionately, instantly loving him unconditionally. She'd lean back so her sightless eyes might take in his faint silhouette as he told her about his mother. On a trip? "Like Aun' Rhythm?" Kind of, Rhythm was usually the one to make the trips to Abaven. Someday Vail would go visit her, surely. Now, her mind wouldn't linger on mothers and aunts, Star had said the magic word. Vail loved to play. "Play!" She couldn't help but exclaim, hopefully her voice hadn't woken a certain sleeping mother of hers. "s my favori"
""  

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
07-19-2015, 11:32 PM
Starling would grin then, happiness flooding through him. Perhaps it's because he felt like she wanted his attention? He knew his brothers were busy, and while he and Shrike spent a good deal of time together, but they were off learning their own things. Star felt useless at times, really. But it seemed Mot's family really did allow him to feel a bit better, and he knew that his aunts loved him dearly. Absently he nodded at her comment about their aunt Rhythm. "S--sorta...just...f-father." He said softly, almost sadly before he looked back up, grinning down at the little girl. Ah! So she did like to play. That was great, only Star had very little experiance in play. He was never really one to play as a pup, nor was he very good at it. But for some reason, he really wanted too today. He really wanted to play, and he guessed it was because he was leaving soon. "A-alright. What g-game would you l-like to p-play?" He asked with a smile, allowing her to decide, more so because he...had no idea what they could even play.

"Talk""Italian"

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-20-2015, 11:41 AM

The little girl would smile contentedly as she snuggled into his fur, she could tell he missed his mommy and daddy, so she wouldn't let herself linger there for very long. If her mommy and daddy left like aunt Rhythm did she would have felt sad too. She could tell he was smiling though, despite his stutter it still shone through. Why did he speak like that anyway? "Why don' I 'alk like you?" She'd ask suddenly before getting distracted by play. She wanted an answer, but she also wanted to play with him. She didn't really want to play tag, there was a good chance of falling as well as getting a sun burn. "wha's your favi' game?" She'd ask him back, still unsure what she wanted to do with him. Maybe he could take her to catch mice?
""  

Starling

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
keanai
07-22-2015, 11:42 PM
Starling would continue to smile, feeling oddly happy, oddly light. But when she asked about his speaking he couldn't help but feel....a little less happy. He didn't know why he stuttered, and he really didn't like it. It was something he could work on, really...he hoped. "I-it's cause y-you're not all g-grown up yet." He lied with a smile, it was something she wouldn't have to worry about for quite a while. So instead he would move on towards the subject of play, and he hummed lightly. Should he suggest tag? What else could he do with her that she would enjoy? "W-well...I d-don't know." He said with an answer, his ears tilting back. "Y-you choose, Vail." He said with a small smile then, waiting and hoping she'd pick a game he could play.

"Talk""Italian"

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-26-2015, 10:35 AM

Vail wouldn't notice any change in Starling as she brought up something that no socially developed wolf would ever think to. She didn't know it was an undesirable trait, she was almost to the point of envying his unique speech pattern. Appearances didn't stand out to her, but voices and smells did. He must have been very special to speak like he did. He'd make note that she hadn't quite grown up yet, so there was still hope. The subject of play really would completely take her attention, though Star was hardly any help. He wouldn't even tell her his favorite game! She'd scowl at him as she started to think about what she wanted to play. "Wanna play 'ag?" She'd ask, perking up as the idea came to mind. Their den was in one of the few groupings of trees, so as long as she could avoid the tree trunks she didn't have to worry about getting too much sun.
""