Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
07-19-2015, 03:03 PM

The knolls rose before her and Integra's heart leaped with joy.  Finally!  She'd managed to find her way home.  After getting lost in a snowstorm Integra had gotten hopelessly lost and taken in by a small band of rogues who were interested in her healing ability.  She'd willingly gone with them to avoid the starvation and weather exposure until finally she was able to escape.

Integra trotted up to the border and slowly her smile faded.  Were her siblings still here?  Were they ok?  Letting out a howl she called for her family and prayed silently that they were still here and that they would answer her.

""
[Image: yKuOSHo.png]

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
08-09-2015, 04:25 PM

His hackles rose as the call reached his ears. The fuck. Was this. Were all the traitors just going to trickle back one by one? First crazy, maskless Hati and now this one. With much annoyance Valentine rolled to his paws. The call wasn't for him, but it was at his border and there was no way in hell he was going to let her treason slide, let her come to his border and talk to his people without first paying for her betrayal.

He simmered from the Orchard to the Knolls. The King could only hope that this particular deserter wasn't half crazed and sporting festering wounds too. Then again, Hati had been pitifully easy to deal with. Of course cracking his opponent's coconut had helped tremendously.

Spying the girl, Valentine made a beeline for her. Her youth and relations saved her from an immediate attack, but the King exuded displeasure. His stance was authoritative; his tail and head held as he closed the distance between them. "Integra."

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Integra

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
08-11-2015, 05:10 PM

The air around her fell quiet after the last echo of her howl died out.  She waited with trepidation, feeling as though the very atmosphere was crushing down on her.  There was no howl back.  She waited, ears flicking forward, searching for any sound or sign that her family was still here but there was no answer.  Nothing.  

Integra felt both her heart and her stomach sink so fast she thought she might vomit.  If her family were no longer here then where on earth was she supposed to look for them?  Was it possible to find them?  What if they'd been separated for ever, what then?  Anxiety started to mount higher until she saw the approach of a familiar figure.  Valentine!

Her ears perked but only for a moment before they flew back in fear as he marched purposely, dangerously toward her.  It didn't take an idiot to realize that he was furious at the sight of her.  It was then it dawned on her just how long she'd been missing, an entire season…. had he thought she'd just run out on them?  On her own family?!  She swallowed as he spoke her name, willing her quivering limbs to hold still as she pushed her voice steadily from her lips.

"Rex.  I-I'm so sorry… I shouldn't have gone so far looking for herbs, there was a blizzard, I got lost, I didn't mean to abandon everyone like that! I--"  The words were welling up in her lungs faster than she could spill them and any words about her journey seemed insignificant to the question that threatened to tear her mind apart.  Breathe.  It wouldn't do to go to pieces in front of the alpha.

"My family, are they….are they ok?"

""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

08-16-2015, 03:54 PM

The girl's nerves were plain as day and judging by her expression, Valentine was sure she hadn't expected to see him today. Perhaps the weight of what she'd done was just now dawning on her. "Rex," she began, that single word causing his displeasure to rise, but the steady climb in agitation was quickly halted as the girl went on to apologize. Caught off guard, the King's brow furrowed as he regarded the girl. Slowly he parted with the words, "Your family is doing just fine." He wasn't sure what to make of her explanation. It was entirely possible it was a lie, but why? "Tell me. Alacritia is a big place, but blizzards pass very quickly. How does someone get so lost in such a small amount of time that it takes them a season to get home?" For now he kept his defensive stance. Had she been turned? Was she a spy?

""

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Integra

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
08-16-2015, 04:21 PM

There were no words to describe how uncomfortable she felt waiting for him to speak but when he finally did she exhaled heavily.  Relief washed over her at the news that her family was doing alright.  Thank the great spirit. However, her relief was short lived as Valentine began to question her story.  Right… she was relieved her family was ok but she was keenly aware now that her answer would decide if she ever got to see them again.  Would the Rex take her back?

"Aye, they should.  I was foolish, I wanted to see what herbs can be found growing all about Alacritis and so I ventured far north.  I'd heard of the Gale Gorge and I wanted to find it but…"  Integra turned away for a moment feeling the burn of her failure as she spoke.  She should've been able to find that stupid place.  She was nine months old when she got lost surely that was old enough to be able to navigate decently.  She vowed silently to improve on this skill before she lifted her eyes to meet Valen's. "I was unfamiliar with the terra to begin with and in the blizzard I got turned around.  I thought I was heading south but I was going north.  I came upon a group of rogues, one of them injured.  I helped him and they promised to show me back… and they lied.  It took me awhile to get away from them." Integra didn't care to go into detail of her experience, choosing instead to just let it be.  She felt foolish enough already to have gotten lost and then to be taken a fool by rogues!  She silently vowed that that would not happen again either.

"Valentine, please… whatever I need to do to prove myself just tell me and I will do it!  I'll fight everyone in the pack if I have to."

""

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

08-21-2015, 09:05 PM

Valentine eyed the girl skeptically for several moments. There were many, many reasons not to let the girl back in Imperium. She was a security risk. Who knew where she'd been and who she'd been with. All of this could be a clever ploy to slip under his defenses and earn his trust, to worm her way back into the pack for the sole purpose of gaining valuable information.

The King's eyes sought the horizon for a moment. On the other hand it was entirely possible she was telling the truth. Would she really put her siblings in harm's way? They seemed like a very close knit family, and it seemed highly unlikely that Integra's remaining siblings would be in on it.

He sighed. "Alright," he said in a relenting tone, "You may rejoin the pack as a Servus until I am convinced that you are trustworthy. You'll need to earn your place among the free members of Imperium."

""

Integra

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
08-22-2015, 07:02 PM

It took all her will to keep her breathing calm and her appearance composed. She refused to break down into tears in front of the alpha but never before had she felt her life hanging in the balance, as though she were about to tip to either side and Valen would be the one to push her and decide her fate. Finally her judgement was passed. She was allowed back in Imperium but at the rank of a slave. Integra bit her lip and nodded. "Your judgement is fair. I'll work hard to earn that place of freedom." She could feel relief bubbling in her gut. Her siblings she could see them again and as for her rank she was determined to make that change. She could accept the rank of a slave as long as there was that promise of hope at the end. She could do this, she would do this.

-end?-

""