Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-21-2015, 10:02 PM
Okay, so he had certainly gone overboard. Perhaps he did have a bit of an obsessive personality. When something managed to grab his flitting focus, he would put his everything into it. The first thing he had obsessed about as a child was his speed, and he would often work himself sick trying to get faster and faster. Then it was their banishment, and he'd worry himself to the point of insomnia thinking about why they were banished and trying to erase whatever mistakes inside of him that caused it. It was then that he had doned his signature smile to hide the pain, to try and appear as easy going and gentle as he could. When his siblings were banished, he obsessed excessively over their care, never letting any of them leaving his sight and becoming almost overbearing. His staggered insomia continued, because he could never settle his thoughts when it came to his siblings. He obessed about their care, their safety, about finding them a new home...

With a gentle sigh he'd shuffle through the sand, forgetting even what leg to limp on. It kind of hurt here...and well, there...and, perhaps a little of everywhere, not that he wanted to admit it. Perhaps he was a little too obsessed with this. At the beginning of Gaia's pregnancy it was helping her get used to it, learning all he could about the medical process and refusing to leave her side. And now....now, he was most concerned about his skills as a protector. He couldn't depend on them to win against every opponent, and he needed to be able to protect his wife and children. He had too, he just...needed too.

"Ow" He groaned as he pulled himself up to his favorite sitting rock and practically collapsed, feeling the pain vibrate through him from where he didn't know. He had to figure out how to deal with all this...repercussions before Gaia got too concerned. Somehow.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
07-21-2015, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2015, 11:36 PM by Gaia.)
Gaia had certainly noticed the absence of her future husband, she'd known where he had been when he wasn't with her before. Always with Ochid, learning as much as he could. When he was with her he'd passed on as much information as he could, and she'd asked for all of it. What could go wrong especially. She needed to know what to do just in case. She was still scared, but it wasn't so bad anymore. She still wanted Voltage by her side though, it didn't feel right when he was away and she noticed sharply how far away he was. She was growing more round by the day, or at least that was what she felt like. She had no idea how she looked and Voltage refused to call her anything but beautiful. Really she was okay with that.

She still didn't make it out of the den much, keeping up with her rest was top priority, though now that her nausea wasn't quite so bad she could more freely come and go. She'd find herself on her way to the oceanside that day, missing Voltage would cause her to seek out his favorite rock. She was half way across the beach before she realized he was already standing there, she'd smile softly, not hesitating to come up and nuzzle him lovingly.
""
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-21-2015, 11:55 PM
Voltage would sit beside the ocean, enjoying the gentle sea air. It helped soothe his pain, or so he believed. He'd sigh, wondering if he should go back out there. The more he practiced the better he got, right? He had never really learned the lesson to slow down or to take it steady. It was all or nothing for Voltage, and he would go untill he achieved what he wanted. He'd gently shift himself, wincing sllightly as he looked out at the ocean. Ears would flick forward suddenly when he heard pawsteps approaching, and he'd quickly turn his head to face her as she stepped up onto his rock and pushed into him to nuzzle him. He held back on the wince, a toothy grin slowly spreading across his lips as he'd move to hold her close to him. "Hey love." He said with a gentle grin, refusing to let the hurt vibrate in his voice He needed to make sure that she didn't worry, he needed to protect her. It was his only mission now, really. It was all consuming. "How are you today?" He asked brightly, pressing a kiss atop her skull, nuzzling into her fur gently.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
07-22-2015, 10:44 AM
She didn't realize the odd scent upon him until her face was buried deeply into his side. Did he smell like an injury? She didn't have a great amount of experience with injuries but she'd never forgotten the smell of an open wound. She'd hold back a worried whine as he greeted her, his words bright as he kissed her and nuzzled her back. Was he trying to hide his injuries from her? "Hello, my lightning bolt." She'd nuzzle a bit closer, was that a healing poultice? "Voltage, what have you been into?" She'd whisper, her concern for him very much obvious in the morbid curiosity of her voice. Maybe ignorance was bliss, but she wanted to know what he'd been doing, why it was he was injured. "You're hurt," her soft voice was worried. She had every faith in him, but the world was dangerous and you never knew what was going to happen.
""

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-22-2015, 11:20 AM
Was he holding his breath? Yeah, probably..but it wasn't because she pressed on a particularly sensitive spot. It was rather, he didn't want to concern her, didn't want to worry her. With a delicate sigh he'd aim to rest his chin against her head. "I'm not...hurt" He said softly, lying. He sighed heavily then, shaking his head slightly and looking out at the horizon. "I was practicing, training. I'm a little...out of practice, it seems." He would laugh then, weakly as he moved to wrap an arm around her, to pull her against him despite the stinging. His eyes would close tightly as he held her, just to know that she was safe. Perhaps he consistently got himself a little too worked up about it, about her safety. "To be sure that I can defend you, and our children, if it ever comes to it." He whispered, all the concern and devotion he felt laced into his words. He needed to be sure of his abilities, so he could rest easy knowing his children were safe, and his soon to be wife was safe. "I've had a healer look at them...most of them, so it's okay. I'm good." He would grin his toothy grin then, merely holding her as he waiting for the stinging to recede.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Gaia

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
Vail
07-22-2015, 11:53 AM
His answer was hesitant and not particularly convincing either, however his explanation brought her more comfort. He was training, and she knew that she couldn't fault him that. Her family had been warriors, she was no stranger to what happens when you trained. She would lean into him as he held her close and continued. She'd humm quietly, knowing then how determined he was to protect her, how much he was putting in to being sure she was safe with him. That their family was safe no matter what. She'd nuzzle into him and kiss at his chest as he spoke, still worried about him, because he was putting himself in danger. "Just be careful, okay? I know training is dangerous, but please don't take unnecessary risks. I still need you in one piece." Her voice held a casual tone to it, but she was serious. He couldn't be pushing himself to the edge like he wanted, he still needed to come back and be able to hold her at the end of the night.
""

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
07-22-2015, 12:21 PM
Voltage would continue to grin into her fur as he held her, trying hard to hide the pain he felt. The fact that she knew about it was bad enough, he didnt need her to worry about it. No, he would rather deal with this on his own, it was his own problem, his own worry, his own responsibility. He wasnt very...good at sharing responsibility. The only one who ever seemed to be able to was Glacier, and that was mainly because it was natural. This was something he had to work on, he knew, but it was hard...difficult. Instead he just nodded, sighing and breathing in her scent. So, he did the only thing he could think of, to help practice sharing. "I cant sleep...if i think i cant protect you." He whispered so tenderly it was nearly heartbreaking, his eyes closed so tightly. "Its the worst pain imaginable, just thinking harm could come to you, or our children...i just cant...i cant handle it." All the pain, all the wounds....it was all worth it if he knew he could protect them. If he was sure of his skills. "I just need to know i can protect you and our children..."

"Burn Baby Burn"