gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-29-2015, 07:33 PM

Vail could be left alone for small periods at a time now – there was no doubt of that, especially considering she was in Abaven territory, she had Shaye, Shai, Lillie especially to keep an eye out, but of course the members of Abaven where good of heart and anyone who saw the good would keep an eye that she was covered from the sun and wasn't about to get herself hurt. So yes, Vail could be left, it was Motif who had trouble with the leaving.

Especially with Rhythm gone, her favorite person to gush about her little one with, to share the burden of Vail, with her delicate skin and soft ways. Of course, she had Shai, a supportive and loving mate she was deeply in love with, he just wasn't her sister, wasn't Rhythm. Perhaps if Rhy had been there easing Motif into slowly letting Vail go it might have been easier, but she wasn't there and it was one of the hardest tasks of Motif's life. To ween herself off needing Vail, of needing Vail to need her.

She tried to slip out for little hunting trips so feeding Vail and herself wasn't a burden that constantly fell on everyone else. Besides, she loved to return with her little ones favorite treat – a mouse. Perhaps it was because I was bite sized, and one of the few creatures that came to her wriggling. The larger prey was of course long dead before Vail went near it. She slipped back into their den, and peered around hoping Vail would still be in here. She often went out exploring with Lillie, who was at this stage basically the third sister in their little family.

""  

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-29-2015, 08:05 PM

Vail didn't want to have to deal with covering herself in dirt or dust that day so she'd confined herself to the den when Motif had left to go hunting. She usually napped the day away when she decided on something like that. Of course she also half hoped that her mother would come back with something still wiggling. Mice were starting to become routine, and Vail found herself eager for the next step up. She just had to wait until she was bigger. Being so small seemed like more of a handicap than her sight usually did, she couldn't wait to grow up. Being young and tiny was terrible, it was worse when you couldn't see she imagined. Shaye and Daddy would tell her stories of when the two of them had lived in the South together. She'd often find herself daydreaming that one day she might be able to go into the South with her father, but whenever she told him of the idea he'd gotten quiet and asked her not to ask again.

She'd silently hope that one day Shaye might take her to their father's homeland, she certainly knew the way. She got to leave whenever she wanted, and barely had to tell their dad where she was going. Vail was starting to get a taste of that freedom, she was allowed to go out of the den when she wished now, it seemed that she was only allowed those baby steps appropriate of her, no matter how impatient she felt. These thoughts would linger with her as she lazed in the den, though upon hearing her mother's return the young she wolf would find her feet. She smelled mouse as her mother slipped through the entrance Vail's pale gaze would find the door as her ears perked and tail wagged excitedly behind her. "S'hat for me?" She'd grin mischievously at her newly returned mother.
""

if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-29-2015, 08:12 PM

Vail would be home, a fact that delighted Motif no end. No matter how many reassurances that Vail might be safe, Motif would never cease to worry. The majority of Vail's little adventures had happened with an unknown shadow in the background, close enough to hear and jump in if she was needed, far enough away to not be found and not interfere in the children's games. Honestly, her entire life revolved around this tiny little figure now and every waking moment was filled with Vail. She would not be surprised if even her dreams secretly contained the girl, through motif remembered none of them.

“All yours” Motif agreed to Vail's inquisitive voice, and she placed the mouse in front of her daughter. “He's not injured this time, so your gonna have to be quick, ok?” she asked, pausing before she continued “Ready?” and dropped the mouse, scooting back to block the entrance if the little creature went that way. This was an easy controlled environment, and her little one was too small to really learn how to hunt, this was just a fun little game to entertain a board daughter hiding from the sunshine. Of course, it was also a learning game – little Vail didn't have litter mate to tumble with, so this was the alternative.

""  

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
07-29-2015, 08:31 PM

Vail would step forward lightly as her mother confirmed in fact she'd brought home a little treat just for the tiny girl. She'd beam up at the chocolate woman, eager for the creature within her jaws. This mouse was working with all four legs, Vail was going to have to really try for this one. Vail would nod and keep nodding until Motif released her quarry. She wouldn't pounce right away, but she'd perk her ears and listen where it had scurried to. They usually went to the wall in search of escape, and this mouse was no different. Vail would follow after its little squeaks and scurries of terror, ones like this were easy, the ones that sat still were more difficult. It was harder to track where the scent was than where the sound was coming from.

The tiny child would find her way towards her prey, pastel pink ears attuned in its direction as it made its way towards the entrance. Motif wouldn't have to bar its path however, as Vail pounced on her tiny morsel. She'd learned fast that she wanted to kill it quickly, lest it a. get away or b. squeal terribly at her. So she'd quickly bite at it, crushing bones until it moved no more.
""

Motif I

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
07-29-2015, 09:16 PM

Vail would nod and show every inclination of being ready, so Motif went ahead and released the mouse, and would sit back and watch. Vail wouldn't leap right into it, instead she would pause, take a moment to think and listen. She would follow the sound of the frightened creature to the wall and Motif would watch the sure movements of her blind little hunter with a shinning pride. It was Motif's wish in life to do everything in her power to make the blindness just a part of life – not a disability. Here was a small taste of proof that it was working, that Vail could do everything anyone else could do even if she had to be a little more creative or work a little harder.

The mouser moved closer to Motif, and the larger wolf held still, and waited, she would only move to block at the last second if needed, and it would quickly be obvious that it wasn't necessary. Her little one pounced, and quickly finished it off. Little Vail had learned at the start to avoid the little teeth and kill it before it could escape. Now that the task was over, she could enjoy the warm fresh meat. Motif would move forward and kiss Vail on the head. “I'm really proud of you, baby” she whispered, and she didn't just mean for the mouse, she meant for everything that made Vail so damn precious.

""  

Vail

Somnium
Kava

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
08-02-2015, 10:11 AM

Motif almost had to help Vail in catching her quarry, but her assistance was obviously not needed as the tiny child made her leap. Success was apparent in the reward, and Vail would happily sit and munch on her little snack. With her limbs curled beneath her the girl would chomp down on the carcass as Motif drew more near. Vail was much more concerned with what was in her mouth than Motif's movement so she wasn't expecting the sudden kiss. She'd squeak in surprise, but would melt into her momma's touch as she praised her tiny child. "I love you, momma." She'd return as she lost interest in her half eaten mouse and burried herself in her mother's chest fur. She didn't realize the weight of Motif's words, but she did know how much she loved the woman who gave birth to her.
""