gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
08-08-2015, 02:57 PM

The Alpha mate had been pregnant, and perhaps that had been her largest distraction, fetching herbs for her and guiding both her and Voltage through the process before the time was there to prepare them both for the event. In the end, they had called Terrae to be the healer in presence for the birthing, so she had lingered outside the den to be close to hand if trouble arose. It had really brought to home that she hadn't prepared Terrae the actual pack healer, to teach him how he could guide a birthing and knew her lapse was unforgivable. It pointed out to her as well that the birthing hadn't needed to be a distraction from her real purpose here – to teach its healers. She would correct that lapse immediately, she would howl for them both, for the Elemental and Lior. Today she would begin their teaching, find out where they where both at and how much they needed to learn. She would test their knowledge in finding herbs and their applications, she would create false injuries and get them to 'heal' them to see how they worked. For all this she would need a test subject, and she had chosen the lucky Voltage to be that wolf.

Honestly, he was the wolf she knew best within the pack. He had been the one to ask her to come here, and when his wife had been pregnant he was also the one she had spent the most time with. So it had been easiest to ask him, and when it came to his family he always seemed eager to help. He would be beside her now as she lifted her head and called for Terrae and Lior. She had a small pile of mud on one side where she could 'create' wounds next to his old, already existing ones, and well she had a small collection of herbs ready she would also be getting them to collect their own.

""

Terrae

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
08-08-2015, 09:03 PM

Alright, so maybe he didn't know everything there was to healing as he would like to, regardless of how well he hid it from others. He just didn't want to disappoint anyone if he wasn't able to help them, unable to share his expertise with others. As a healer, the worst possible feeling was failure; and it would all feel like it was his own fault. No, something had to be done about the blank spaces in his knowledge; he couldn't forget about them because sooner or later, they would return to him at the most drastic of times. Though he was no leader, in some ways he was also a protector, but what good was a guardian if they refused the opportunity to learn more?

It was about time he met up with his tutor, not that it wasn't his own fault for forgetting about it for all this time. The caramel woman was seated beside his brother, which piqued the earthen male's interest. Voltage wasn't a healer, or was he in disguise? Perhaps he wanted to foresee the healing training, as any leader would want to. His head dipped in a silent greeting to his brother before turning to face the female. "Orchid, isn't it? I look forward to this session." he beamed a welcoming smile, eyeing the peculiar pile of mud in the corner of his vision.

"Terrae speech" "Silvius speech"

*Family are allowed to enter any of Terrae's threads whether they're private or not*

Lior

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
08-09-2015, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2015, 12:40 PM by Lior.)
(08-18-2015, 12:32 PM)Lior Wrote:

Lior stared off in the direction of the Fern Gulley with a sigh and crossed her paws. Her eldest brother was having pups, a fact that caused to put a spring in Anais's step with each passing day made Lior smile when the two Donostrea wolves were told the news. And just as the mysterious female called away Anais and her brother for the birth, her sister darting away, Lior stayed. She didn't know enough to be of use, the one time with Tahlia a year ago with little Espirit being brought forth after Bane died had been a simple birth. Lior's mother had ignored the babe, and it was the only time that the amateur healer wished to have know more. If she could've just taken an herb for milk she would've gladly taken the pup away from the grief stricken mother and surrogate it's nourishment. But she didn't know enough for that to be so, and Espirit had grown up to be a healthy brother in their family's wanderings as rogues.

And as a howl took away her sister a few days ago another would bade the grey girl to come, Lior responding in a quick manner. Her paws carried her quickly away from the border and towards the source of the howl, finding Orchid, Voltage and another brown wolf she had seen but hadn't got the chance to properly meet yet. A lesson, a chance to learn, even as she took a seat next to her brown packmate Lior would merely dip her head in greetings at the other two and curl her tail around her side, ears forward and expression alert, ready to listen and hone her craft.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Table by:: Evelyn

[Image: lior_by_reflectedmemories-d8khd2n.png]

Voltage

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
08-09-2015, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2015, 01:17 AM by Voltage.)
Voltage sat beside her to keep the weight off his hurt wrist, a grin upon his lips as she called for his brother and Lior. He was excited for them to learn more, especially Terrae. It was like he was finally fulfilling the promise he had made so long ago. Terrae was probably at the forefront of his mind whenever it came to teaching his siblings, mainly because being a messanger or a lifeguard didn't need as much training as a healer. So he sat happily, his signature grin on his lips when his brother trotted up. He could almost tell Terrae was somewhat confused he was here, and he could almost laugh. It was not what would normally be expected. No, not at all. Today he did not wear the hat of a Ferax, no...today he was their crash test dummy. He dipped his head to his brother then, smiling softly. "Heya, Brother." He said happily, looking towards Lior as she came along to join them. This will be a grand ol time! With a gentle smile he looked towards Orchid then. "Ready when you are, miss teacher." He said with a tease, moving to lay down along the beach. This was fun, he could be helpful and be super lazy all at the same time.

"Burn Baby Burn"

Volt's injuries:

Old right wrist injury
Old right ribcage lacerations
Old lacerations to base of skull where head meets neck.
Old lacerations to left of neck

Orchid I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
08-09-2015, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2015, 05:52 PM by Orchid I.)

Terrae would be the first to turn up for their healer training, and he had no doubts at all as to why she had called him, pointing out that he would enjoy the session. She smiled at the boy, her eyes already glancing over to her test subject, clear amusement in her eyes. Well she had respect for Alphas, she did enjoy to tease them the most, and what better way then making him their healer play-thing? Lior would appear next, she had always found the girl to be pleasant, sweet and quite through they hadn't interacted much. She could see why she might turn to healing, but she would have to find a firmness in her if she was to excel at the art. When one was a healer one had to be strong enough to boss around Alpha's and reluctant patients.

She smiled at Lior, and nodded at Voltage when he told her she was ready. “Thank you, test subject number one” she replied easily. “Alright, first of all I want you both to assess Voltage here, he has a few old injuries I want you to identify them, tell me what you would have done to fix them well they where fresh and what you will do now that they have been left this long untreated, to speed up their healing and ensure they are healing correctly” She frowned at Voltage when she said this – she well knew he hadn't had anyone look him over after his sparring. [b] “Chose a side each and take turns to pick out a wound to tell me about, please” she said, nodding at the young students, and looking over at Voltage. He was laying down on his stomach and her new students would have to poke and prod at him a little to find all his hurts. That was a good thing too – she would get to see their confidence in examining an Alpha patient.

""

Terrae

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
08-14-2015, 09:04 PM

It seemed he wasn't the only healer within the pack, as he discovered once a younger woman had arrived for the training. Though she certainly wasn't part of the Elementas family, her thick scent of the pack suggested that she been within Donostrea for a while. Curious he grew; curiouser and curiouser. He was aware that his elder brothers' partners had joined the pack, but who else were they allowing acceptance? Was she a close relative or a former loner? That was something he would have to soon investigate, although for now, he exchanged a friendly nod with her before listening in to the session's teacher. Ah, so the Ferax would be their test subject for the lesson - what fun! The thought of prodding and nudging his brother cracked a small smile upon his once-blank expression, however, he remained tuned-in to the main task explained before him. Some of the activities he already predicted were going to be included in the session, though this didn't deter his eager mood from wanting to make the most out of the lesson.

Since there were two students, he decided to make the training fair by allowing the other female to examine and asses half of Voltage's wounds, whilst he would concentrate on the other half. Stepping carefully around his brother to receive a full view of the patient, there were four injuries his observant gaze was able to pry away from the full body, though he ensured that he only named two of them. "Well, he appears to have lacerations to the left of his neck," he slowly began to identify, leaning slightly towards his brother's neck to inspect the old wound. "If it was fresh, I would prescribe lamb's ear for the wound itself, and perhaps poppy or dandelion for the pain; cleaning it if necessary. If it has been left untreated, I would check for any signs of infection, clean and certainly keep an eye on it until it fully heals." He lumbered over to his brother's right side, where he found a similar wound, gently prodding his ribcage with a forepaw. "I'd do the same with these lacerations as well, however, these ones are in a sensitive area so I'd ask the patient to avoiding putting pressure on their right underside." With that, he looked back up to face the golden-hued woman, seeking feedback on his analysis. Did he hold a sufficient amount of knowledge or was there more to improve on?  

*Family are allowed to enter any of Terrae's threads whether they're private or not*

Lior

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
08-18-2015, 12:32 PM

Lior wasn't nervous in the fact the it was the alpha that was present and going to scrutinize the lesson, it was the fact that she hardly knew much about healing. Treating scrapes and punctures was a fair skill she had picked up on when her brothers fought and wrestled, common sense and a muttered word about what she should do given by her father but as far as actual healing? No. Lior didn't know much. The application and ingestion of herbs was an almost unexplored field for the grey woman, a fact that was making her nervous. This was a lesson however, and she would do her best to watch and listen.

The orange she-wolf would gave instruction, simple and easy to follow. Lior breathed a sigh of relief, a simple examination. The brown male would give Voltage a once over and called out two locations were he'd found a scar on the ribs and neck. Lior gave a pause in thought, remembering all the scars from the men in her life, Nako and Bane, and told herself to simply look for the creases in the fur.

Eyes critical and alert she would stand over the side of Voltage, hesitating to speak even as her eyes swept over her alpha's pelt. A drawn out pause, timidly smiling to herself when she found the old wound on the back of his neck and the other on his paw. There was some nervousness before she spoke, the life of a rogue clearly offering different treatment options than if one had a pack's resources and teachings. "If the neck wound was fresh you'd wanna have the patient lay down and keep them conscious. Perhaps more immediately pinch the flesh together and apply pressure while making sure they can still breath. Matting the fur wouldn't hurt but I supposed water soaked moss with aloe oil would be a good follow up to cleanse the wound a few times a day. Any worse and you'd need more paws and a miracle." As for if the wounds had just been discovered Lior could only give an honest answer. "I dunno about long term stuff. Brothers liked their scars, everything just ended up knitting back together one way or the other."

Lior trailed off in thought, her rough and tumble male siblings all situated in the Fern Gulley a ways away, the marred pelt of her father. She distracted herself from her deceased sire, perhaps thinking a bit to hard about how to treat the paw. Gaze uncertain the grey female would eye the limb intently. Nothing much could be done about a sprain, and a broken bone would have to be set one way or the other with a sharp pull. "My brothers would rub some dirt on it, though I'd tell them to stay off of it for a few days." She looked up at Orchid sheepishly. Life of an uneducated rogue healer had it's benefits in bate bone emergencies. But for proper healing she would need to learn more. It was a fact she'd readily admit.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'

Orchid I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Glacier
08-18-2015, 03:30 PM

She surveyed her new apprentices as they took in her words, beside her she swore she could hear some quite snickering, likely in response to her mock frowning at his lack of seeing a healer. She twitched a paw, subtly booting him in the side as she frowned at the misbehaving Alpha. Her eyes where dancing as she did so, and it was clear all actions where made only in jest. Terrae went first, and she listened carefully. His line of thought would deffer slightly from her own in the herbs he would apply but she nodded, satisfied he was getting the idea, and most definitely everything he described was the foundation of healing, the basic necessity of healer knowledge, but also seeing how she could improve on his current knowledge.

“Very good Terrae, it is definitely adequate, but if you don't mind an old wolf giving you some advice I would improve upon your assessment. First, for a fresh wound I would clean it with Trillium, a rare herb I spend much of my time finding and stocking. On a wound that doesn't look infected a simple wash and rub with Trillium will suffice, to get out any grit and bacteria, especially from bites which are most commonly known for becoming infected. You will learn to fear infection and do all you can to starve it off. Also, I personally create a little paste for them to eat, through I recreate it to personally cater to the situation. If their injuries are terrible I will add another, milder sedative in the paste - as well as the one I give them when healing - for them to have sparingly for a few days, the amount used must be carefully monitored or they could either build up an immunity to it, or become addicted. Also, I add Elderberry, this I use often, boosting their immune system is fantastic, a healthy immune system heals quickly, efficiently, and lowers the risk of infection or sickness from a weak body. And Yarrow, is another good herb to add to a paste of a wolf with many injuries. Judging the severity of wounds, if you believe they have lost a lot of blood you must prescribe bed rest and water, depending on how bad they are this could mean you force them to take water every hour, this helps replenish their lost blood”

It was a lengthy speech, but it was to remind them that there was so much more to healing then a bandage and some pain herbs. This explanation was for both the wolves, and her eyes had shifted from one to the other as she spoke to ensure they both knew this.

Lior would give a very different assessment to Terrae, and she listened carefully as the woman took Orchid down her own path of thought, she watched carefully as Lior explained what she was doing, and Orchid watched. “I'm curious to know why a neck wound prompts you to keep a patient conscious? A head wound I can understand if you fear concussion, but a neck wound? Are you worried about blood loss? Because you don't need a wolf conscious to find signs of that” she said, she would explain that process to them later “Creating an oil from an Aloe leaf is difficult and time consuming, and if there was a terrible burn you would be best to use the whole leaf, and to patch it to their skin as they healed. I don't understand why you would use Aloe to clean a wound, please, explain your thought process to me. she said, her eyes on Lior as she spoke, and questioned the young wolfs actions.   “For an old wound, its not to take away their scars it is to assess their health. there are some important facts to consider, one is to check for any sign of infection, at this point if there was infection its had a chance to take root and drastic action must be taken, because once an infection enters the blood and reaches the heart it is death. Also, the rate of healing can tell you a lot about their immune system and how they are caring for themselves. If you believe it is not healing to your satisfaction prescribe regular drinks of water and some Elderberry herbs.” she would explain to her apprentice. Terrae had the foundation for healing already, but she was already thinking she would have to start from scratch with Lior, that was alright, she would simply have to teach the two apart for now, a beginners training and an intermediate training. She would wait to see their thoughts and if they had any questions before continuing the lesson.

""

Terrae

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
08-23-2015, 04:26 AM

It appeared his analysis was sufficient enough, though he didn't know everything there was to healing and so of course there were areas he could improve on. Her words were taken as constructive criticism, a way to advance and upgrade his knowledge. Trillium was what she seemed to prefer when it came to cleansing fresh and old wounds, a use of the herb he hadn't yet heard of though he certainly took it into consideration. Elderberry for strengthening the immune system and yarrow were also mentioned, best made into a paste for the patient to ingest. Ah, how interesting! He hadn't ever thought of that, and it seemed he was more than willing to use this new information if the situation was to occur. However, good old water still proved its beneficence as a way to help replenish blood that has been lost in severe injuries.

"Much appreciated," he softly murmured to the tutor, acknowledging her advice with a dip of his crown. To follow, he flicked his gaze to the young female, who was next to be spoken to. Water mixed with aloe oil sounded like an adequate soothing substance to the male, though perhaps not enough to satisfy the older woman. Despite her words not being directed towards him, he still tried to pry out any useful information regardless. Elderberry and water appeared to be the key, mentioned quite a few times through both speeches of advice, therefore, it was best if he didn't forget such facts. "What next?" he inquired to Orchid with a curious tilt of his head after she had finished speaking.

Lior

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
08-24-2015, 12:03 PM

Lior stood up even straighter when she awaited the feedback on her process of treating a wound. She knew it was rather flawed in a some way, though how bad she didn't know. It was the difference between life and death should this have been put into practice. And so the grey healer in training would take her verbal licks as constructively as possible. Terrae had been one to receive praise as well as a spot of advice for his treatment, Lior mentally congratulating him and offering a nod his way. She had to remind herself not to feel bad about not knowing these things and instead try and remember what Orchid had said to use in treatment.

And so came to her diagnosis, Lior trying to ingest what Orchid was saying was the right way to do things. Orchid corrected Lior's failings, her whole process, and at the end the grey woman could only give a shallow nod. Lior pawed Voltage's shoulder with a half hearted smile. "Sorry I killed you." But back to regarding Orchids prying in the dealing of a neck wound.

"I, ummm..." Lior paused in thought, remembering just now at the prompt what her father had said was the main killer next to blood loss in the battles he had been apart of. "I was thinking shock." Lior tried to add, know that she should've said it to begin with. Grey ears flicked back as the she wolf fidgeted under Orchids gaze. "Aloe could also be for the itching. Stop themselves from opening the wound on their neck with a scratching." Lior gave a deep breath, shoulders sagging as she stared down at Voltage's troublesome scar. At each step in Orchid's re-treatment of the wound Lior would simply nod and file away the herbs and processes the orange healer spoke about. With a sigh she would look back up, a glance given at Terrae, before nodding at Orchid to continue the lesson.

"Hear Me Talk,"
'Read My Thoughts.'